This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: BSG XI-Amduatey Virus-Game over

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:
Newcastle wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Newcastle wrote:I think my one complaint, is the blindness we had in if we lynched a good cylon or bad cylon.
Isn't this pretty much at the core of every single BSG game?
I dont think so. Theme wise sure.
No, as in - The Seer is often (always?) a Cylon whom people need to trust or not. And only a Night Death or Coroner scan would reveal the truth.
Newcastle wrote:Still gonna have to read the toaster forum. Heard you had a meltdown. Scoops words not mine. I'll just say you were having kittens. :mrgreen:
Oh I was freaking out most of the time, it's a good read. (not sure I really had a meltdown, and I don't think you are quoting the right person)
yeah am misremembering...duh me.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:
Vorret wrote:Yeah, clearly... I'm not sure how different it would have ended had I not done the whole night thing. You probably wouldn't have come out with the info. I'm still sorta salty they didn't kill you after me.
The lynch results would have been: Human - and they would have assumed you were Truly cylon even more so. :twisted:

What I truly didn't get was why Newcastle was hell-bent on lynching you first and me second. That (to Holman's credit) was a key to keeping me alive.
It's hard to get you lynched. that's the honest truth. Plus I am not the greatest at detecting folks and i can go off the deep end trying to find stuff and am often wrong. So I figured build up some credit, get vorret, and then hope people listen to me to get you. Because I KNEW you were a cylon. Oh guess what, i picked up a second tell of yours this game. At least i am not 5/5 in my unagi detector ability.
Bayraktar!!!!

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Congrats Newcastle.
I guess I'll just need to avoid playing with you going forward.
I get the very distinct impression you'll like that.
:handgestures-thumbupleft:
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

:binky:

That's why you have to be willing to kill Unagi. :)

Scoop, you are a brash deceiver who flirts with disaster.

Looking back, I can see Chaosraven's evil grin as he left for work.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I have to say, the cylons played a great game. Congrats to Unagi and CR!

Lassr, thanks for running. You did a great job as always and BSG is by far my favorite WW game. I like the game mechanics and your write ups are awesome! I'm just sorry I got whacked so early.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Good game guys..

I need to know, what made you decide to scan me?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Zarathud wrote::binky:

That's why you have to be willing to kill Unagi. :)

Scoop, you are a brash deceiver who flirts with disaster.

Looking back, I can see Chaosraven's evil grin as he left for work.
You need to play more often Mr. Zarathud. You are following the games anyway and you are a good participator.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:
Newcastle wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Newcastle wrote:I think my one complaint, is the blindness we had in if we lynched a good cylon or bad cylon.
I dont think so. Theme wise sure. But strip it down not knowing you lynched good or evil is a bit of a monkey wrench. It just would have been nice to know with certainty your thought process was correct or incorrect. That's all.
No, look back over the games. You never know who you are lynching in BSG games (beyond Human/Cylon). It's what makes them different.
I always try to have a mechanism in the game to help prove a role in some way. In this game Apollo was it. There was no fooling his night scan of the dead. Boomer could trick a scanner or a reveal upon lynch but once they were dead Apollo could scan without being blocked. Unfortunately he died early and the power shifted to the Cylons and traitors.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Zarathud wrote:That's why you have to be willing to kill Unagi. :)
Except I'm also the #1 go to fall-guy for every ham-handed wolf and hand-wringing villager.
:)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Punisher wrote:Good game guys..
I'm sure we nearly didn't.
I picked you because you were 'ever so slightly quiet' -- but mostly combined with me not knowing your natural style. So, it's not that you did something, so much as that I'm better at reading the others... (and if you read the wolf forum, you will see how much I actually suck...)
Additionally, as a new guy, you are likely to get cut a little slack too - so knowing if we wanted to be part of that or if we wanted to kill you was something to learn. No one but the new guys get that kind of slack (stessier had a little of it, for being long gone).
Finally, sending $50 to Lassr's Paypal account doesn't hurt either.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:
Newcastle wrote:
Unagi wrote:
I dont think so. Theme wise sure.
No, as in - The Seer is often (always?) a Cylon whom people need to trust or not. And only a Night Death or Coroner scan would reveal the truth.
Newcastle wrote:Still gonna have to read the toaster forum. Heard you had a meltdown. Scoops words not mine. I'll just say you were having kittens. :mrgreen:
Oh I was freaking out most of the time, it's a good read. (not sure I really had a meltdown, and I don't think you are quoting the right person)
I would call it freaking out too. No meltdown. I also knew the advantage they the Cylons had after Apollo death and the traitor team was not growing so it was not as dire as Unagi kept dreaming it was.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Unagi wrote:
I picked you because you were 'ever so slightly quiet' -- but mostly combined with me not knowing your natural style. So, it's not that you did something, so much as that I'm better at reading the others... (and if you read the wolf forum, you will see how much I actually suck...)
Additionally, as a new guy, you are likely to get cut a little slack too - so knowing if we wanted to be part of that or if we wanted to kill you was something to learn. No one but the new guys get that kind of slack (stessier had a little of it, for being long gone).
Well, this is only my 2nd game so I don't know my style either. :)
last game, I talked a lot..got night killed.. This game I was quieter... got night killed. There's just no pleasing you guys!
The main thing the wolves forget is that since I'm new, I am very unlikely to know when and how to use my powers... I still don't since I haven't gotten a chance to use them in either game... This could be a benefit to the wolves since I am easily swayed...
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Punisher wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Well, this is only my 2nd game so I don't know my style either. :)
last game, I talked a lot..got night killed.. This game I was quieter... got night killed. There's just no pleasing you guys!
The main thing the wolves forget is that since I'm new, I am very unlikely to know when and how to use my powers... I still don't since I haven't gotten a chance to use them in either game... This could be a benefit to the wolves since I am easily swayed...

Luck of the draw, I never get night killed, honestly, I don't think it ever happen (now I know I'm putting a target on my back :grund: )
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote: Finally, sending $50 to Lassr's Paypal account doesn't hurt either.
that's the next WW game. Bribe the moderator. Highest bribe gets the best info!

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:Congrats Newcastle.
I guess I'll just need to avoid playing with you going forward.
I get the very distinct impression you'll like that.
:handgestures-thumbupleft:
No seriously please play. Because if you dont play, how will i know who's on team evil. I mean you got to let the blind squirrel find a nut at some point right....its just the kind thing to do.
Bayraktar!!!!

Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop! SCOOOOOOOP!!

Tell us what happened with your Tigh claim!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Vorret wrote:So I must ask, why the hell did you guys block the scan on Stessier?
To cause chaos and suspicion.

I chortled every time the subject came up.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Chaosraven wrote:
Vorret wrote:So I must ask, why the hell did you guys block the scan on Stessier?
To cause chaos and suspicion.

I chortled every time the subject came up.
Yeah.
I like moliere more than you now! :wink:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Interesting. Good rule set, as usual with Lassr's BSG. Well done, toasters!
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Grundbegriff wrote:Interesting. Good rule set, as usual with Lassr's BSG. Well done, toasters!
Sorry you got scooped by Scoop while you were grabbing some grub. I enabled that.
Bayraktar!!!!

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Newcastle wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Interesting. Good rule set, as usual with Lassr's BSG. Well done, toasters!
Sorry you got scooped by Scoop while you were grabbing some grub. I enabled that.
A totally legitimate play. No hurt fee-fees.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Got busy and stopped reading. I could not for the life of me figure why on earth you all would lynch vorret, who yielded no information, over Unagi, whose death would at least give you a little.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Holman

Post by Holman »

Remus West wrote:Got busy and stopped reading. I could not for the life of me figure why on earth you all would lynch vorret, who yielded no information, over Unagi, whose death would at least give you a little.
I know, right?

:D
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Holman wrote:
Remus West wrote:Got busy and stopped reading. I could not for the life of me figure why on earth you all would lynch vorret, who yielded no information, over Unagi, whose death would at least give you a little.
I know, right?

Yea, I think I even said it in the Spoiler forum that Unagi screwed up and no way I would not go with Holman's plan. It just made sense. Then...well, shit happens.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:
Holman wrote:
I know, right?

Yea, I think I even said it in the Spoiler forum that Unagi screwed up and no way I would not go with Holman's plan. It just made sense. Then...well, shit happens.
Thats why we play these games though. Players in the game see things differently and that impacts actions. :D
What looks like a horrible play to some turns into pure genius and victory.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Holman wrote:
I know, right?

Thats why we play these games though. Players in the game see things differently and that impacts actions. :D
Yeah, I got extremely frustrated at the end that nobody wanted to kill unagi and a few were thinking I was in bed with him, which made no sense whatsoever, grrrr
Isgrimnur wrote:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Vorret wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Holman wrote:
I know, right?

Yeah, I got extremely frustrated at the end that nobody wanted to kill unagi and a few were thinking I was in bed with him, which made no sense whatsoever, grrrr
Yeah that language barrier ya know. I think we just couldn't make out what you were saying with that heavy canadian accent of yours, eh? Kind sounded to us..."want more poutine" :D

/shrugs shoulders
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Holman wrote:
I know, right?

Yeah, sorry nobody listened. Holman put forth a good plan. Unfortunately it sounds like a lot of the people that would have voted for it were already dead. As RW says, that is why we play these things out because crazy shit does happen. The reveals in this game were... let's just say, astounding. :shock: :twisted:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Vorret wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Holman wrote:
I know, right?

To be fair, I'm still confused how one would repeatedly write about night scanning when they are submitting scans during the day.

However, without having read the final day of activity, I am also confused about how Unagi was not lynched after surviving the night.

Anyway, fun game, and well done cylons.
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

El Guapo wrote:
Vorret wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Holman wrote:
I know, right?

To be fair, I'm still confused how one would repeatedly write about night scanning when they are submitting scans during the day.

However, without having read the final day of activity, I am also confused about how Unagi was not lynched after surviving the night.

I still don't know why I did that, epic brain fart.
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Vorret wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Holman wrote:
I know, right?

Blame it on the bad poutine that Newcastle keeps sending you.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

bb2112 wrote:
Vorret wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Vorret wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Holman wrote:
I know, right?

Blame it on the bad poutine that Newcastle keeps sending you.
I actually saw that frozen poutine last year in the supermarket, I snapchatted it to my friend and everyone was HORRIFIED. Keep in mind that the city I live in is where the meal was invented so there's a bunch of restaurant with amazing poutine across the city so if you're buying that frozen crap you're, sorry to say, one dumb person.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lifetime supply of a 50Kg bag of poutine per Victoria day coming your way vorret! Freshly frozen too!
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Ok, I had to look it up. I had no idea and I live within 40 minutes of Windsor. This does not sound like a dish that would be good frozen and then thawed/cooked to eat. I am not even sure about it even when it is freshly made.
Spoiler:
Poutine is a Canadian dish, originating in the province of Quebec, made with French fries and cheese curds topped with a light brown gravy. This fast-food dish is typically found across Canada and in some places in the northern United States. In Canada it is sold in small "greasy spoon" type diners and pubs, as well as by roadside chip wagons and in hockey arenas. National and international chains such as Smoke's Poutinerie, New York Fries, McDonald's, Wendy's, A&W, KFC, Burger King, Harvey's and Wahlburgers restaurants also sell mass-market poutine in Canada

Holman

Post by Holman »

Only American exceptionalism prevents gravy on cheesy fries?

If we'd thought of it first, it would probably be the national dish.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

There is a couple that lives in my small town, the husband was from Canada. They opened a restaurant called Taters & Dogs, served burgers, hot dogs and fries and they had gravy fries on the menu. It was basically Poutine but just couldn't call it that in Alabama. Use the word gravy here and it's a instant hit. It was very good but they didn't stay in business more than 2 years and closed. :(

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

First, bb, How the hell did you not know you were 40 minutes from Windsor? You can literally see it from downtown. :P
Holman wrote:Only American exceptionalism prevents gravy on cheesy fries?
Well, that and taste. Something about cheesy gravy is just nasty. Separate they are both awesome on fries (or really nearly any potato dish). Together they are nasty.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

In Jersey we have the fries with cheese and gravy. depending on where you go they are called Jersey fries or Disco fries. brown gravy and mozzarella cheese. very good.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:First, bb, How the hell did you not know you were 40 minutes from Windsor? You can literally see it from downtown. :P
bb2112 wrote:Ok, I had to look it up. I had no idea and I live within 40 minutes of Windsor.
Conjunction junction what's your function. Aren't you a teacher?
Remus West wrote:
Holman wrote:Only American exceptionalism prevents gravy on cheesy fries?
Well, that and taste. Something about cheesy gravy is just nasty. Separate they are both awesome on fries (or really nearly any potato dish). Together they are nasty.
Agreed. Whole heartedly.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Punisher wrote:In Jersey we have the fries with cheese and gravy. depending on where you go they are called Jersey fries or Disco fries. brown gravy and mozzarella cheese. very good.
Freedoutine.