Walking Dead WW signups (GAME ON in other thread)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Punisher

Re: Walking Dead themed WW (sign ups)

Post by Punisher »

Just an FYI for everyone..

I am getting shoulder surgery on 6/8, so if the game continues until then and I drop off for a day or so, that's why.

Also, is Ricks power daily or a one shot?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Punisher wrote:Just an FYI for everyone..

I am getting shoulder surgery on 6/8, so if the game continues until then and I drop off for a day or so, that's why.

Has only 1 shot whole game.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

If I'm in, I'll be out of town 6/14-17. Game might be over by then (or I'll be dead) the way things have been going lately. When is the start?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Zarathud wrote:If I'm in, I'll be out of town 6/14-17. Game might be over by then (or I'll be dead) the way things have been going lately. When is the start?
C'mon in, the water will be lovely. Just dont drink it. Am sure you will be fine on the time restrictions, just give folks a heads up. And make sure to post enough to get on cupcake's good side. :o
Bayraktar!!!!

Chaosraven

Re: Walking Dead WW (sign ups) signups close 5/31

Post by Chaosraven »

walkIN' dead

:violence-pistoldouble: :violence-enforcer:
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Punisher wrote:Just an FYI for everyone..

I had mine done 3/30 last year. Torn labrum. What happened with yours to require the knife?

IN!
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Zarathud wrote:If I'm in, I'll be out of town 6/14-17. Game might be over by then (or I'll be dead) the way things have been going lately. When is the start?
Me too! Origins?
Spoiler:
But I will still get on at least once a day.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Zarathud

Walking Dead WW (sign ups) signups close 5/31

Post by Zarathud »

Yep, have to get enough sleep to run morning sessions of Paranoia RPG.

I'm in, but there's no way I'm staying online again waiting for RMC to show up again at the last minute instead of going to take a piss.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Zarathud wrote: I'm in, but there's no way I'm staying online again waiting for RMC to show up again at the last minute instead of going to take a piss.
:lol:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Excellent...thanks for joining. We are at 12 now I believe.

Will send out Pms to folks today to drum up a few more folks.
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Hi Newcastle,

I'm sorry, but I am going to have to support my man Unagi here and ask that Tru1cy not play. He is almost as bad as Kenetickid. Almost. His lack of play in the last 2 games were epically bad though. I totally understand real life getting in the way of playing a game, but I also think a little effort needs to be required every now and then. If nothing else than for the integrity of the game itself and courtesy to the people you are playing with.

Just my 2 cents.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Punisher wrote:So...
1) Is this comic or TV?
2) Survivor says trying to get to Atlanta. If so, at that point in both, Carl was not Rick's last blood kin. :) and in TV, he is still not.. :)
Actually, in the comic, Carl was Rick's last blood kin. Right up until Judith was conceived/born. Laurie was his wife. Not blood. :P
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

re: Truicy,

I sympathize with those who decry his participation, I also do wish he'd talk more. The game is a lot more pleasant when everyone is participating and we aren't hanging around waiting on folks. I do think he was a drag last game because we were wondering where he was and part of me was thinking that he could have been a special due to the delay in posting. I think it helps the game's health overall with folks participation regularly (real life excuses understood of course).

I also believe in giving people a 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc...chance. What I am hoping....is that perhaps if truicy is interested it could come with the caveat that he noticeably increases his participation...say minimum of 5-10 substantial posts per game day.. more than saying "hi" and a lot less than a deep analysis.

I would hope he acknowledges that and states that explicitly. Then of course follow's through. Under that circumstance I'd be open to letting him play, but would also be willing to listen to what folks have to say.

Does that sound like a fair compromise Unagi & BB? That is of course should we cross that bridge since he has not signed up yet.

Am very much willing to listen to what folks are saying. I am not sure how else to navigate this. Since he hasn't signed up; though I am sure he has seen this.

When I send out PM's I will refrain from including him though.

Does that work?
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Sorry IN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I don't even mind the "Hi" posts that demonstrate players are reading or following the game. The biggest trouble is when people actively don't post. They post here or other forums but not in the game thread. It makes it look as though they are ignoring the game which ruins it for everyone else. We always talk about killing the silent but never do it because it doesn't seem to aid the village side in finding wolves and yet in the end it becomes harder to get a village vote done because we end up needing their numbers. I think the silent method is a crap way to play for both sides. If you don't want to actively play then don't play, imo. Past tru1cy has been quiet. Last few he has been silent. Huge difference. Grundbegriff is bordering the same territory recently.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Thanks for the input Mr. Remus.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So just an update...we just hit 13, if we hit 14.....I will be adding the next two roles

Survivor
Mortician

Infected
Recruited/traitor wolf

Is there any objection to the rule set? Please go through it and poke any errors or problems with it.
Bayraktar!!!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm in.

Heads up - I've never seen the show, though, so I will miss out on all of your very clever hints and references.
Black Lives Matter.
RMC

Post by RMC »

I'm in. I am going on vacation next week, but the first week is a little slow, so it should be fine.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
stessier

Post by stessier »

I haven't read the rules, but I can play with the caveat that I'm on vacation from 6/21-6/28 and I'm not sure of the wifi situation. It's possible I will have the chance to be extra wordy with nothing but time on my hands or it's equally possible I'll go silent for the full week.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Ya know I am gonna add a line to the rules since we have so many vacationers playing. Just if you are one of those, let folks know prior to enjoying whatever it is...be it goat cheese, skydiving, or hugging 6ft tall rodents with your progeny.

Thanks all for joining.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

We just hit 16...i am going to wait to include the final 2 power subsets. I want to get 1-2 more before introducing those. Its borderline so I'll see how it rolls.
Bayraktar!!!!

RMC

Post by RMC »

Newcastle wrote:Ya know I am gonna add a line to the rules since we have so many vacationers playing. Just if you are one of those, let folks know prior to enjoying whatever it is...be it goat cheese, skydiving, or hugging 6ft tall rodents with your progeny.

Thanks all for joining.
Mickey is only 5 ft 11 inches, please apologize for that slight! :)
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

updated the rules portion. any comments? if something seems unbalanced please let me know and will work to create a good balance.

Rules explained/FAQ /Minutiae
-TDog’s protection extends even if Tdog dies at night.
The seers are a bit different:
Shane (infected seer) will only learn if they are a normal survivor or special survivor
Carl (Survivor seer) will only learn survivor role or wolf alignment
- forums will be set up for wolves & Masons
-no edits
- Time limits. First day will be 14 days. Weekends count as 1 day. Willing to be flexible.
-start on a day cycle
-if traitor recruited is a survivor special, loses role when switching (ie loses shot, scan, protection)
-if seer scans the traitor prior being turned, seer will be told that that person has been turned.
-Traitor MUST be recruited by end of night 2. Use it or lose it.
-The infected recruit power is viewed as a global power and not resided in 1 infected.
-Infected traitor will get results of scan on night they were converted. (if applicable).
-If infected try to recruit Tdog's his day protection extension is nullified if recruited. Night protection still stands
-Multiple folks going on vacation, just give a heads up when you're slated to go and approximated when we can expect you back.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

RMC wrote:
Newcastle wrote:Ya know I am gonna add a line to the rules since we have so many vacationers playing. Just if you are one of those, let folks know prior to enjoying whatever it is...be it goat cheese, skydiving, or hugging 6ft tall rodents with your progeny.

Thanks all for joining.
Mickey is only 5 ft 11 inches, please apologize for that slight! :)
Sorrrryyyyy
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

FYI. I can play as long as everyone not read my posts for facts or try to verify anything I say/do.

Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:FYI. I can play as long as everyone not read my posts for facts or try to verify anything I say/do.

Scoop is always bad. I can prove it, really I can. :)
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop20906 wrote:FYI. I can play as long as everyone not read my posts for facts or try to verify anything I say/do.

You got it, Scoop!
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

I came to sign up, but now I saw this bullshit about tru1cy so I'm out.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:re: Truicy,

I sympathize with those who decry his participation, I also do wish he'd talk more. The game is a lot more pleasant when everyone is participating and we aren't hanging around waiting on folks. I do think he was a drag last game because we were wondering where he was and part of me was thinking that he could have been a special due to the delay in posting. I think it helps the game's health overall with folks participation regularly (real life excuses understood of course).

I also believe in giving people a 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc...chance. What I am hoping....is that perhaps if truicy is interested it could come with the caveat that he noticeably increases his participation...say minimum of 5-10 substantial posts per game day.. more than saying "hi" and a lot less than a deep analysis.

I would hope he acknowledges that and states that explicitly. Then of course follow's through. Under that circumstance I'd be open to letting him play, but would also be willing to listen to what folks have to say.

Does that sound like a fair compromise Unagi & BB? That is of course should we cross that bridge since he has not signed up yet.

Am very much willing to listen to what folks are saying. I am not sure how else to navigate this. Since he hasn't signed up; though I am sure he has seen this.

When I send out PM's I will refrain from including him though.

Does that work?
I would definitely consider it differently if Tru1cy came on here, apologized, and then promised to do better. I just don't see him caring enough to do that. Just so we are clear, I'm not mad at him. This is a game and I am sure the things he is doing is more important to him. I just don't think it is fair to the rest of the players to have a game where he agreed to participate and not even show up for a week plus at a time. It screws with the game mechanics too much.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lagom Lite wrote:I came to sign up, but now I saw this bullshit about tru1cy so I'm out.
But Newcastle is letting Scoop play! That should count for something!
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Even Canadian can play !
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lagom Lite wrote:I came to sign up, but now I saw this bullshit about tru1cy so I'm out.
Lagom...hmm how to put this delicately. Truicy has a history of being quiet. Agreed? This last game he disappeared for a good week hamstringing the rest of us who were playing. As far as folks could tell he was ignoring the thread. This is not the first time this has happened. His uniquely low level of participation hurts the game play. If we could get it bumped up some more, i think we'd all welcome him.

Thanks for dropping by! Maybe next time. :D
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:Evil Canadians can play!
FTFY - Language barrier. :D
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

It would be more productive if you engaged in the discussion instead.

IMO Unagi is being a little harsh, but the concern he's raising (people joining but not actually participating) is a real concern. I think tru1cy's been fine in general, but he did essentially drop off the face of the earth in the last game. I do think it should be discussed more before we get to the "I won't play with so-and-so" stage, though.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I very much like what Remus and bb2112 have said on this topic. Wish those were my words.

What is it that I said that was harsh, El G?
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

El guapo said it better than me. damn you lawyer speaker!

FYI - i dont dislike Truicy in any sense. I think he's a fine fellow. I like everyone here...well except for that person, and we all know who that is no clue just making shit up as i go along here....
Bayraktar!!!!

Unagi

Re: Any interest in a Walking Dead themed WW?

Post by Unagi »

Unagi wrote:Sorry to proclaim this here -- franky of all places -- but I will no longer play in a game with tru1cy.

If he signs up for this game (or any other that I sign up for) I respectfully "UN-Sign Up" for it.
I super apologize for any crunchi-ness this proprieties , but I'm done playing with people that religiously don't play.

D. O. N. E. done.
Ah this.

Yeah. whatever, I stand by it. I'm just totally tired of watching 13/14 people basically play (with various levels of involvement) and yet tru1cy continues to constantly sign up and then just ignore the game entirely. It's not in the spirit of these games AT ALL, and well - sorry, I honestly think I'm doing "The Game" a favor by being the resident "dick" about this, I guess. So enjoy your "IMO Unagi is being a little harsh, but the concern he's raising (people joining but not actually participating) is a real concern". The 'real concern' needs to be dealt with, IMO.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

LL the problem stemmed from tru1cy not even logging on at OO for over a week (almost 2 weeks) so he was not even participating in silence but he was active at Gaming Trends. It created a problem when I was modding the game, That last day I kept delaying because I didn't want him establishing his innocence by not even logging on at OO but eventually I had to move on. I want tru1cy to play but at least give us a warning if something is up and you may not be as active.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

I don't really see it as harsh. IMO, your passion on the topic just shows how much you care. You are committing your time and effort to a game that is supposed to be played by all of us. When one falls down on their commitment once you can look at it and say something came up or they may be having a rough time. When one falls down on his commitment consistently, it does take away from the enjoyment of all. I'm good with it. :D