Walking Dead WW signups (GAME ON in other thread)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Archinerd

Re: Walking Dead WW (sign ups) signups close 5/31

Post by Archinerd »

Hi.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:I like the mechanic where only a certain special role is convertible and the bad guys need to find that player to gain the conversion - ala Mara Jade.
I bet you like the Mara Jade mechanic.
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Archinerd wrote:Hi.
Hello
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Vorret wrote:
Hello
Bonjour.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote:
Vorret wrote:
Hello
Bonjour.
Guten Tag
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote:
Remus West wrote:I like the mechanic where only a certain special role is convertible and the bad guys need to find that player to gain the conversion - ala Mara Jade.
I mostly like it due to the uncertain nature of a single player coming forward with limited knowledge. I'm special - I'm the convertible good guy. Doesn't exactly save your life but it does give the good guys something to work with. Plus, if the village kills the converter that was looking for them that player becomes reliable. Its a double edged sword for both teams.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

stessier wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Vorret wrote:
Hello
Bonjour.
Guten Tag
Buenos dias
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
I mostly like it due to the uncertain nature of a single player coming forward with limited knowledge. I'm special - I'm the convertible good guy. Doesn't exactly save your life but it does give the good guys something to work with. Plus, if the village kills the converter that was looking for them that player becomes reliable. Its a double edged sword for both teams.
Not only was I Red Rocket, but I have won as Mara Jade as well.... Love that mechanic. Looks like the bad guys are winning, hey, convert me!

:)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Zarathud wrote:I would create the traitor on night 2/beginning of day 3, set to a flavor text event. That way the wolves have to contend with a change in behavior and the low risk that the humans get lucky. Both of those would encourage an early conversion. The villagers know it happened, but not who.

Villagers will need a way to block/prove -- or unconvert. Maybe a power that begins the same time. Again, that incentivizes the wolf to find and kill the special -- and not to choose someone too obvious or critical to "reprove."

Ok, i havent gotten my coffee yet and just got up a bit ago. So still a wee bit hazy. Bear with me. Everyone feel free if i get this suggestion correctly/wrongly or see how it could improved.

SO the conversion can only happen during Night 2, and as Day 3 breaks included in the morning message will be something like "traitor has now been converted". There will be a lot more flavor text, i wrote up his conversion announcement last night actually.

So it's limited to 2 factors. IT WILL ONLY occur on Night 2, not night 1. Secondly the village will be aware of it via the flavor text. Was that what you were going for Zarathud?

Or

It can happen on night 1 or night 2 with a village announcement indicating his conversion.

Secondly - i am leery about making a counter power, because I've yet to create it, and I'd hate to add too many more specials. If a well designed and balanced one could be added, would be willing to do such. Right now we are at 8 wolves &
specials with a total with a group of 16 players.

Third - Also keep in mind if the seer has scanned the traitor prior to night 2 (including night of conversion), they will get a notification of that person's switch of allegiance.

How's that folks?
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

As an update, i am pretty sure this is it who have signed up.

I plan on doing on a soft launch late tonight/early tomorrow morning with basically getting all the roles out and getting the wolves settled. At that time I'll open up the other thread to posting. However, voting wont be permitted/ignored until all roles have been received and settled. Then the game will be afoot.
Bayraktar!!!!

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Fixed time -- on night 2 and only on night 2. I like the seer knowing any change on a scanned person, seems like a possible counter without inflating special counts. Might force them to reveal earlier than expected.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Yes and like Baltar in my game and I also let you now when it happens. So Baltar is always Baltar he just switches side. I agree with Unagi on random conversions and I have removed those from my game. The only instance I think they are OK is if they have to be done on the first night that way they are instantly wolves and the seer only has an issue with his first scan.

That is the reason I will probably never use the BSG Boomer power to implant fake roles again. I thought it was a cool power but it sure makes the seer almost useless because you can't really trust all your scans but you did have Apollo to verify but they had to die first.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote:
stessier wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Vorret wrote:
Hello
Bonjour.
Guten Tag
Buenos dias
Ni Hao
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Did anyone invite Truicy? He might be interested in playing if we need more players.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

A bit further of a tweak.......this is aimed toward the naysayers crowd in hopes of winning em over, because I think we are close to some sort of compromise in order of keeping the traitor in......

The traitor is recruited on night 1. As day 2 breaks there will be a flavor text indicating that the traitor "after long a careful tought" has decided to join the infected/wolf side.

-Remember we start on day 1.
-This means the conversion is as near the beginning as possible, but it takes away from a normal's ability to deduce a discrepancy.

If that is acceptable, a follow up question:
-if the traitor is a powered player, should their role be randomized to another non powered survivor? This prevents the survivors from getting overly gimped early on. Any protection or scan gets lost for night 1. Am leaning yes on this.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I guess why i am so enamored with the traitor role is I recall being on the wolf side and had that opportunity. We then chose Chaosraven. And to be honest I think that was one of the funnest WW game's I ever had.
Bayraktar!!!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Newcastle wrote:A bit further of a tweak.......this is aimed toward the naysayers crowd in hopes of winning em over, because I think we are close to some sort of compromise in order of keeping the traitor in......

The traitor is recruited on night 1. As day 2 breaks there will be a flavor text indicating that the traitor "after long a careful tought" has decided to join the infected/wolf side.

-This means the conversion is as near the beginning as possible, but it takes away from a normal's ability to deduce a discrepancy.

-if the traitor is a powered player, should their role be randomized to another non powered survivor? This prevents the survivors from getting overly gimped early on. Any protection or scan gets lost for night 1. Am leaning yes on this.
Yeah these revisions seem good. I agree with moving the power to a random unpowered villager, as otherwise if the wolves get lucky and hit the scanner (for example) the effect would be too powerful.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:
Newcastle wrote:A bit further of a tweak.......this is aimed toward the naysayers crowd in hopes of winning em over, because I think we are close to some sort of compromise in order of keeping the traitor in......

Yeah these revisions seem good. I agree with moving the power to a random unpowered villager, as otherwise if the wolves get lucky and hit the scanner (for example) the effect would be too powerful.
Agree with the conversion rule.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

UNAGI, Remus & BB thoughts on the new and improved Traitor mechanism. You all voiced a hesitancy over it.
-
traitor has to be recruited on night 1
-if powered, their role is randomly given to a un powered survivor (villager)
-scans and protection are lost
-there will be flavor text indicating it happened
Better?
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I like the new rules.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Sounds good.
Remus West

Re: Walking Dead WW signups close TODAY

Post by Remus West »

Works for me.

It might be interesting to have the conversion simply fail if they target a special. Then they know they found a special but also do not get the benefit of a conversion. Something to think about for another game.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Ooh...knowing they hit a special (and can kill) may be as valuable as the conversion.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

UPDATED ROLES

This will be the finalized version of the game rules, barring any additions. I've augmented the traitor wolf as discussed and cleaned up other odds and ends.

ROLES -

SURVIVORS

Seer - Carl Grimes.
See the guy with the gun over there? That’s my dad. He’s a cop. I’m his only blood left on this earth. Think he won’t shoot you if mess with me? So while you’re paying attention to him; I’m going to go through your stuff and find out who you really are. And if you catch me, I’ll just say I’m looking for comic books. Innocent kid stuff ya know. So, got any comic books?
Power – At night may ask role of any player. Will receive either survivor role or wolf alignment.

Protector – T-Dog
I just want things to go back to normal, just like it was when I was driving Ray and the other good folks at the retirement center to church. That was god’s work, getting souls home. God has a plan. God also knows I’ll look out for anyone who I call a friend. I got their back. And as a former Pro lineman do you really think you can get past me?

Power – At night may select one person to protect. Protection extends into the following day until the lynch. Including the berserkers blast. If TDogg is killed at night that person’s protection is still valid until the following day’s lynch. May not protect self.

Shooter - Rick Grimes –
Heard Lori’s in Atlanta. Some other survivors are heading that way. We all got loved ones there. We all just got to make it there together. That’s all of us. Now that’s a .357 colt python that’s pointed your way. I really don’t want to shoot you, but if you come at me or any of my friends here, then you’ve left me with no choice.

Power – Has 1 bullet. One shot. Able to shoot and kill 1 person during the day. Shot must be submitted by PM and prior to lynching.

Survivor (s) – Just want to get to Atlanta and find your loved ones.

Mortician (Glenn)– You’re able to identify what a person’s true role was {infected & survivor’s true role}.

INFECTED (Wolves)

You’ve been bit but only a few others know. Rumor has it there’s a cure somewhere at a CDC complex to the north of Atlanta. You got to get there, consequences be damned. If others don’t see your way, there’s a simple answer: Kill ‘em.

Infected Seer – Shane
Its kill or be killed in this world. Rick just doesn’t see that yet. He also doesn’t realize that you protect what you got in the here and now. You don’t go chasing some rumor in Atlanta. Some of us are bit and that’s what we need to do. We get to the CDC we get the cure. It’s that simple. And on the way there, I’ll be keeping an eye on you seeing what kind of man you really are.
Power – At night can scan a player to find out either survivor or survivor special. Will not find out specific role only if they are normal or special.

Berserker - Dr. Edwin Jenner
All the data and models point to one overwhelming conclusion: humankind is undergoing the extinction event. You will die at some point, and it will be painful. So all this living is really just suffering. Do you want that? I don’t. I’ll do you a favor if it’s my time to go, I’ll take you with me. You don’t even have to say yes. I promise it will be peaceful. And that’s better than anything that’s out there.

Berserker – if lynched can target 1 player to take with you. Explosion can be blocked by Tdogs protection.

Beta Wolf – Merle
You left me there to die on that rooftop. I screamed and yelled, but you turned your backs and ran. Just like the yellow belly cowards that you are. I don’t care about getting to Atlanta. Just want to get me and my baby brother to the CDC, that sounds good to me there. Get cured, pop some pills and really have some fun.

Traitor Wolf (surprise; character revealed at start of day2)– Player recruited by wolves. Recruitment Power must be used by night 1. Can’t be blocked. Traitor will show up and gain access to infected forums at start day 2. Traitor loses all powers they formerly had as a survivor. If powered, traitor’s role is randomized to an unpowered villager.
They have no powers once converted, they are an unpowered infected/wolf.

Rules explained/FAQ /Minutiae
-start on a day cycle
-no edits
- forums have been set up for wolves
- Time limits: Day 1 time limits will be roughly 14 days. Weekends count as 1 day. Willing to be flexible. If time limits have been reached, mod at his discretion and villager input may add 48 hours.
-If no lynch has been achieved, there will be no lynch that day
-Multiple folks going on vacation, just give a heads up when you're slated to go and approximated when we can expect you back.
-ALL WRITES UPS ARE FLAVOR ONLY. The sequences. roles and parts have been randomized
-upon lynch villagers will discover person’s alignment
-time stamps from PM’s & posts will be used as a tie breaker if needed

POWERS/RULES explained
-TDog’s protection extends even if Tdog dies at night.
The seers are a bit different:
Shane (infected seer) will only learn if they are a normal survivor or special survivor
Carl (Survivor seer) will only learn survivor role or wolf alignment
-if seer scans the traitor target on night 1. SEER will be told that that person has been turned.
-Traitor MUST be recruited by end of night 1. Use it or lose it.
-The infected recruit power is viewed as a global power and not resided in 1 infected.
-Infected traitor powers are nullified if they were a special. IE they receive no scans, their protection is void).
-If the traitor was a survivor special; their role is thrown to a randomized unpowered villager.
-On Day 2 villagers will be notified of traitors existence

Order of Operations
T-Dog Protects
Scans submitted
Wolves recruit (Night 1 only)
Wolves kill
Results returned
Infected Traitor joins Infected crew (day 2 only)
Day starts

Boilerplate
Carl - Who will you scan?
Tdog – Who’s back you got?
Shane – Who you keeping an eye on
Glenn – Who’s role do you want to find out?
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Any comments/questions or details i've missed?
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zarathud wrote:Ooh...knowing they hit a special (and can kill) may be as valuable as the conversion.
Maybe. Given the announcement and forced time of the conversion it also makes every special wonder if they were the target and are now a known special to the bad guys. Could also add in 1 guy whose only ability is conviction - he can not be converted.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Looks good to me. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Newcastle

Re: Walking Dead WW signups - its closing time.....

Post by Newcastle »

Grabbing dinner. Then will close the thread. Everything is on track for the roles to go out late tonight. Mind you am on PST time, so it could be quite a few hours....in other words dont wait up for it.
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Re: Walking Dead WW signups close TODAY ( t-4.5 hours)

Post by Scoop20906 »

Hello

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Punisher

Re: Walking Dead WW signups close TODAY ( t-4.5 hours)

Post by Punisher »

Scoop20906 wrote:Hello

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm.. just what a wolf would say...
 Scoop 

All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Newcastle

Re: Walking Dead WW signups CLOSED

Post by Newcastle »

Status update:

-loading rick’s gun
-giving merle a hacksaw
-packing Glenn’s go back
-passing C-4 to Edwin
-sharpening the traitor’s weapon
-Giving Carl his comic books
-High Fiving Shane
-Praying with Tdog
-Giving survivors hope

-Prep on switch

-Introduction Dropped

-Toggle game on

(Game will start when the introduction is dropped, and thread status is updated from “under construction”). You will know.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Pms jsut finished going out. Waiting on reception and such.

Please dont post in the other thread yet. please. pretty please.

Status update

-loading rick’s gun
-giving merle a hacksaw
-packing Glenn’s go back
-passing C-4 to Edwin
-sharpening the traitor’s weapon
-Giving Carl his comic books
-High Fiving Shane
-Praying with Tdog
-Giving survivors hope

-Prep on switch

-Introduction Dropped

-Toggle game on

(Game will start when the introduction is dropped, and thread status is updated from “under construction”). You will know.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Feel free to chat in here, i just want to tidy up a few things before the other thread gets started. Thanks!
Bayraktar!!!!

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I angered the gamemaster , oops
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Vorret wrote:Hello hospital, I am zed.
8-)
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Vorret wrote:I angered the gamemaster , oops
You're good. It was my screw up. I changed my mind actually. I decided to keep the game thread pristine until I knew almost all had received their roles. Right now we are a hair under 50%. Just waiting to really hit critical mass.
Bayraktar!!!!

Punisher

Re: Walking Dead WW signups (hang here till thread opens)

Post by Punisher »

In..
Not sure if i will be able to post in time, so.. I am Gaeta.. I scanned me, scoop, and newcastle... 2 cylons found.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Vorret wrote:I, eh angered, eh the, eh gamemaster,eh ,eh oops, eh
That's ok, he can't accuse you in this game.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Present
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Are any of us really present, though, when you think about it?
Black Lives Matter.