This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Zarathud

Re: Walking Dead DAY 3

Post by Zarathud »

Behind Scoop's grave.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:Newcastle - could you add a list of living players to the vote total? I know the information is in the format you have now but a list is easier for me to look at.
Will do an updated vote total shortly.

@ Issy - that's not a real vote in my eyes
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Nobody's here!
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Re: Walking Dead NIGHT 2

Post by Newcastle »

DAY 3 VOTES

VOTING CLOSED
Write up in about 20.......

VOTE TARGET - Votes Cast

Unagi (7)- Moliere, Remus West, Stessier, El Guapo, Holman, BB2112, Zarathud,
RMC (4) - Vorret, Archinerd, Isgrimnur,
El Guapo (2) - RMC, Unagi,

Not Voted
Punisher,

Majority is 7
Time limits - Voting will close on Monday June 26th at 6 PM PST (9EST)

If there are any issues, give me a holler

The Living
Archinerd
Holman
Vorret
BB2112
Punisher
Moliere
Unagi
Isgrimnur
Zarathud
Remus West
El Guapo
RMC
Stessier

THE DEAD
Chaosraven – Raving all night long
Scoop – SPLAT!
Lassr – Hugger of Beemer walker
Last edited by Newcastle on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

20 seconds? 20 minutes? 20 days? 20 weeks?
:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Are you kidding me? I had my vote on Unagi for days until you guys convinced me to move it... then the minute I do you guys all swoop in and lynch him wihtout me. It's like the middle school lunch table all over again. :cry:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Archinerd wrote:It's like the middle school lunch table all over again. :cry:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Day 3 End
(victim is at the end in bold and large letters)

Stessier took a chance and peeked around the corner and down to the ground level. The walkers were agitatedly searching for the source of the sound. Then he saw one step to the ramp and start coming up. Then another, then another. “They’re coming!” He hissed.

“Guys we’re gonna be trapped up here unless we can magically start these cars, we’ve got to do something. FAST!” RMC added

“Nah I can hotwire them.” Unagi said.

An idea struck Isgrinmur “IF we can get the cars running, we get out here. Just ram through them.”

Unagi dashed to a small blue Mini cooper and yanked opened the door, groping underneath the steering wheel he freed a few wires. After a few moments, he popped out. “This one’s dead.”

The next car was an old Honda Civic; silver in color with torn upholstery. Unagi got into the car, hands slipped underneath the wheel. The wheel shaft cover came off, wires exposed, a scratch sounded, then the engine roared to life. He quickly exited.

Remus slid in behind the Civic’s wheel while Zarathud slid into the shot gun seat as Holman and Punisher grabbed the back.

“Hey over here!” Moliere motioned at the Green Ford Tundra. “It’s like a tank, gonna run right over those things.” Smiles cracked the weary survivor’s faces. The larges tires and clearance reassured the survivors.

Unagi climbed into the cab and got the car started. “Gonna grab that van; wait if you can.”

BB2112 swung up and into the Ford’s cab, gleefully slapping the wheel. Vorret climbed into the bed with several others, “Feel god damn safe up here. No Walkers gonna get at us.”

Just then the first of the Walkers crested the ramp. By then the Civic, and Ford had lined up. The rest of the crew were headed toward the White van in hopes of getting it started.

“We need to do something, buy them some time.” Punisher urged.

Zarathud nudged the Remus. “Dude let me take a rip.” He powered the window down, leaned out, arms raised as he cocked his bat. As the Civic skimmed passed the froth of Walkers Zarathud wung his bat hard and firmly, knocking several walkers down.

Meanwhile Unagi had hotwired the White van. He revved the engines, then saw El Guapo waiting outside expectantly. “Dude, I’m driving this thing.” El Guapo shrugged and hopped into the passenger seat.

Isgrinmur jumped into the back where he noted the deflated “Happy Birthday” balloons in the rear seat, along with a moldy cake. The stench hit first. “God” he said, reached back and flung the cake and it’s stench out. “Need to roll the windows down.”

Up ahead the Civic had cleared the top area of the walkers. BB2112’s eyes glanced on his rearview mirror saw the puff of steam pop from the van’s exhaust. “Let’s do this.” He popped the clutch, hit the gas and zoomed down the ramp and into the Walkers. Dead bodies flew high and wide it was almost as if BB2112 was Moses and he was parting the Red Seas. At the bottom of the ramp he swung to the left and more Walkers flew in the air.

The Civic swung back around and with the ramp now partially cleared, they had a straight shot to the structures entrance. Pedal to the medal it flew down the cleared ramp to the street. The wheel held firmly it crashed through the walkers and on to the street. Freedom yards away.

Then a loud screech could be heard, “KRINNK!” And the Civic stopped. Holman looked at the gauges, everything was on but the car wasn’t moving. “Shit we’re stuck. Walkers must be jamming us.”

Then they felt a bump as the Ford slide in behind them and started to give them a nudge. Bones crunched. Wheels squealed under the pressure. Both engines straining as small progress was being made through the mass of walkers. Then a surge of power could be felt. The white van had joined them, pushing the mini caravan forward. Hope grew amongst the survivors; some even smiled thinking they were going to get out of this.

Then the Ford’s engine gave one loud cough, sputtered and died. The Van’s motor could be heard whining against the strain of all three cars tonnage and the mass pressure of walkers. But to no avail. They were stuck.
Swarm of walkers had surrounded the vehicles, grunting and roaring, seeing the fresh flesh of the survivors so close. They slammed their hands on the metal frames, trying to bust through the metal barriers.

Archinerd who was standing on the bed of the truck swung a bat downward. It connected but it was a vain attempt; there were just too many Walkers.

Unagi floored the accelerator again. The engine responded with a strain. But nothing was happening. “SMASH!” Glass shattered as the Walkers had broken through the Van’s driver’s side window. Putrid, flesh falling fingers reached in and started to claw at Unagi’s face. Streaks of blood showed up.

“AHHH!” he screamed. Then a pair of long zombie arms came in and ripped at his arm. Swarms of arm plunged through the broken window, clasped on to him and start pulling Unagi’s head toward the window. A Walker’s head popped in and clamped on to his face. A savage bite ripping open his left cheek.

As Unagi was being pulled out of the window, he tried grabbing El Guapo. “Assholes, help me.” He screamed in terror. Then as if he were saying the ultimate fuck you he drew his weapon and started aiming it at El Guapo. He never got the shot off. First it was his arms, then his torso and finally his legs as the swarm of walkers claimed him. Then he was gone as the sound of flesh being consumed could be heard.

ONE THING WAS CLEAR: UNAGI HAD BEEN INFECTED

Time stood still………..

(IT IS NIGHT)

DISCLAIMER – ALL WRITE UPS ARE FLAVOR!!!!!!

Boilerplate
Carl - Who will you scan?
Tdog – Who’s back you got?
Shane – Who you keeping an eye on?
Glenn – Who’s role do you want to find out?
Infected - Who's gonna die tonight?
Last edited by Newcastle on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Vorret wrote:20 seconds? 20 minutes? 20 days? 20 weeks?
:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

:shhh:
Last edited by Newcastle on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Vorret

Re: Walking Dead NIGHT 3

Post by Vorret »

Doesn't prove El Guapo but we'll see what happens tonight...
Isgrimnur wrote:
Holman

Post by Holman »

Excellent!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Everyone has their own El Guapo. Ours just happens to be El Guapo. Tonight we see if the Wolves help us out with our dilemma.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Well, I kinda lied.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

That's the cheat code for getting the wolves to not target you when you're an unprotected special, right?
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

:lol: :lol:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

It would be dumb not to kill El Guapo (the wolves) since no matter what we do RMC dies tomorrow and we'd get an extra scan.
Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

You *will* target Remus West tonight.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm just glad that I'm only three days away from retirement.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Enlarge Image

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know, if anyone's looking for me, I'm over here. Just FYI.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Oh, and just to make one thing clear - since I scanned Unagi on night 1, he's not the convert.
Black Lives Matter.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

So Unagi was a wolf special, but explodie wolf, correct?

and someone said this DOESN'T prove El Guapo.. why not?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Punisher wrote:So Unagi was a wolf special, but explodie wolf, correct?

and someone said this DOESN'T prove El Guapo.. why not?
Theoretically I could have been throwing a fellow wolf under the bus in order to establish my bona fides.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Newcastle wrote:@ Issy - that's not a real vote in my eyes
Phone posting is hard.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Zarathud wrote:Sure, this vote tests El Guapo and Remus. If Unagi is a miss, then we kill both.

withdraw RMC 

Unagi 

N-1

Not Glen. Just a regular survivor/villager, apparently able to sniff out specials.
Actually the kill vote, since you came in one minute behind bb2112.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Catching up. So Unagi was a bad guy. Hehehe. Tomorrow should be an easy day.

El G, got any last words of wisdom? I severely doubt you will make it through the night. Although the wolves did let Scoop live, so I guess there is always a chance.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
RMC

Post by RMC »

So no one thinks I am not a wolf?

Come on.... El G sold you all a bill of goods. I mean what are the odds, that I am trying to be Red Rocket again?
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Ehh, whatever happens if you're human we kill El Guapo but still, you'll die tomorrow. You'll bleed , you'll get torn apart by zombies and you'll suffer for lying to the group.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

DAY 4

The group sprang into motion. BB2112 had slid out of the cab of the truck and into the back joining Punisher “Damn they must be 10 deep here. We are so screwed.” He took a swing with his machete down. “How the hell we gonna get out of this?”

“Eat lead walkers.” Punisher yelled. He cocked his twelve gauge and let it roar into the herd of zombies. Five walker’s disintegrated in a moment. “How that feel ya?”

Walkers surged in to take the space of the disintegrated. El Guapo surveyed the area, something off to the distance caught his eye. He looked back around and saw the shift in Walkers. Then he saw the way forward and he had to act fast. He scrambled to the top of the truck’s cab. Then sprinted down the hood of the truck on to the body of the civic then at the edge of the Civic he leapt. “Cover me guys!!!”

Eyes focused below him, his left foot found a walkers head. Weight and momentum coiling the left leg to spring him forward, his right foot then found another Walkers head, the momentum carried him further, and finally his left foot found another walkers head and he flew forward. Then he was clear and launching through the air. He tumbled back to the ground looked back saw the walkers barely give him notice. He got up and sprinted around a corner.

Zarathud was stunned, eyes glued to El Guapo’s movements, enough so that a walker had swatted at his shins; in response he swung down and smashed the walker down.

“Did you see that? He just leapt over the whole walker mess we got here. Like he was God damn Carl Lewis.” Isgrinmur marveled as he dropped another walker.
“More swinging, less chatting. Forget him, he deserted us.” Moliere said as his spiked shovel sliced down deeply into a walkers chest; ripping it open to let the decayed heart drop off out, and guts that oozed on to the rapidly darkening pavement.

“Watch it!” Remus yelled as he swung down and smashed the Van’s windshield. A few more swats of the bat, cleared out the remaining class. Through this opening, the survivors of the van emerged and tumbled into the fracas that was now centered on the bed of the truck.

Each survivor was packed in tight. Back to back, arm to arm, sweat to sweat the survivors fighting for their lives.

RMC bent down hard with his machete down; off came a hand, another strike down lopped off the rest of the arm. “There’s just too god damn many of them!”

Stessier was rubbing the burning muscles in his arms. “Arm’s killing me here. We’re never gonna get out of this.”

Then they heard it, off to the distance a rumbling. “CHUG-CHUG-CHUG”

“What the hell?” Archinerd said.

Then a large bulldozer roared into view. Driving straight through the herd, it was mercilessly crushing the Walkers. Skulls popped, legs mangled. One after another the Walkers were flattened.

Then a space cleared. Archinerd saw it first, “Guys to those stores there. There’s an escape ladder hanging down. We get on that building can run down that whole block.” He fingers extended and pointing to the long block of adjacent two to three story red brick buildings.

“Lets go!” Holman shouted, as he dropped to the ground and ran for his life; all the while thinking “Just got to be faster than 1 person.”

The bulldozer had cleared the space needed. One after another they dropped from the bed of the truck and sprinted to red brick buildings.

Vorret reached the ladder first and with a manic energy leapt up and snagged the bottom rung. With a squirm of his arms the ladder unlocked and dropped to the ground. Vorret scrambled up, then rest of the survivors scurried up the rusted metal bars and on to the landing.

El Guapo was in the Bulldozer, and the noise had drawn many more walkers to the area. He looked back at the survivors and knew what he had to do. He pushed his foot down on the pedal and continued his crushing crusade. The Walkers stood no chance for that moment.

On the landing the rest of the survivors watched in horror as El Guapo kept on going deeper into the herd of zombies. Then the bulldozer rammed into the back of an abandoned tractor trailer and didn’t move.

The zombies were quick on to El Guapo slashing at his arms, and snatching him down. The last anyone saw of him was his body slipping under the sea of zombies.

EL GUAPO HAS BEEN KILLED

The world came alive…………

IT IS DAY
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Re: Walking Dead NIGHT 2

Post by Newcastle »

DAY 4 VOTES

VOTE TARGET - Votes Cast

Not Voted
Archinerd, Holman, Vorret, BB2112, Punisher, Moliere, Isgrimnur, Zarathud, Remus West, RMC, Stessier

Majority is 6
Time limits - Voting will close on Monday July 3th at 6 PM PST (9EST) (flexible due to holidays)

If there are any issues, give me a holler

The Living
Archinerd
Holman
Vorret
BB2112
Punisher
Moliere
Unagi
Isgrimnur
Zarathud
Remus West
RMC
Stessier

THE DEAD
Chaosraven – Raving all night long
Scoop – SPLAT!
Lassr – Hugger of Beemer walker
Unagi - Tasty Walker Morsels
El Guapo - Bulldozing away.
Last edited by Newcastle on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Newcastle wrote:EL GUAPO HAS BEEN KILLED
Convenient since I forgot the password to that account.
Zarathud

Re: Walking Dead Day 4

Post by Zarathud »

That makes Unagi my first scoop and my first frame.

:wub:

It also makes today easy. Let's do this.

RMC 

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

And in case anyone tries to read anything into that:

* my first scoop in this game
* my first frame as Boba Fett in the Star Wars game

:horse:
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

The James Boys was comin' on a train at first sun
And the town said, "Irving, we need your gun."
When that train pulled in at the break of dawn
Irving's gun was there, but Irving was gone

Irving
Big, fat Irving
Big help, Irving
The hundred and forty-second fastest gun in the West
stessier

Post by stessier »

Son of a gun...Lassr was just a normal survivor. Our Shooter is still out there. Let's let everyone checkin so we can shoot RMC and still get a lynch in.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Orrrrr, our Shooter got converted. That would be annoying.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle, if the convert's role is sent to someone else, it goes to someone living, right?

Since it was Night 1, the only chance we lost it is if it went to Chaos. My scan showed him as Normal, but it comes before the conversion.

Off topic...so I have wifi access. :D
I brought my Roku 3 so I'd be able to stream Netflix since I'm spending a week in a cabin with my family and didn't want anyone to die. Got here to set it up and found I didn't have the remote. Spent 2 hours trying to figure out a solution that didn't require buying a new remote. Finally gave up, turned on the provided Bluray player and discovered it had a Netflix app! Spent another hour trying to get the included Netflix app to work...it just wouldn't connect to the network even though I could surf using tbe included browser. Finally gave up and as i put the remote down I noticed a Netflix button on the remote. 1 push later and we were streaming...from the last guest's account, but still.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

No chance Chaosraven was Rick as he would happily have shot someone and proven himself before being lynched. Also, the way I read the rules and from what I thought Newcastle had said was that any special converted would have their role passed down. If Rick is still alive then we absolutely need to shoot RMC rather than lynch him.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote:No chance Chaosraven was Rick as he would happily have shot someone and proven himself before being lynched. Also, the way I read the rules and from what I thought Newcastle had said was that any special converted would have their role passed down. If Rick is still alive then we absolutely need to shoot RMC rather than lynch him.
Man, why do you have to be that way? I'm a nice guy.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat