The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

The Parasite-8/18 start-Sign up closed

Post by Lassr »

The Parasite

First random role selected will be the Alpha Parasite. Alpha parasite will then select 2 players, and their role, as part of team Parasite. After the Alphas selection the remaining players will be given special or normal careers randomly. First special rolled gets asked if they want to be seer or another role. 2nd special rolled gets to choose from seer (if not selected) or the remaining special careers etc until special slots are filled. 3rd special is the seer (if previous two did not choose seer) or choice of other roles. There will be 3 special careers.

(Possible Roles)

Alpha Parasite-Adult Parasite living in human host. Selects 2 town folk to infect at the start of the game after he selects his role.
Larvae Parasites-human hosts chosen by Alpha.
--1 Bombardier (Berserker)-If lynched Bombadier spews acid on a victim before being killed.
--1 Intimidator (Block scan on a target)-Each night blocks any scan attempt on a specific player (once a player is chosen for the block, that player cannot be blocked
again)
--1 Manipulator-Force a player to post a message of your choosing. May be done twice in the game.
--1 Devioid-1 extra hidden vote. May be used twice in a game. (May be withdrawn during day before majority vote, but not re-cast during that day).
--1 Seeker (limited seer-(normal or special))-Investigates a living player to determine if they are a normal human or a special human.
OR
--1 Prober (Mortician)-Probes a dead body to determine their role.

Town Folk Careers (No duplication)
--Town Folk with normal careers-No Powers
--1 Reporter (Seer)-Each night the Reporter investigates a person to determine if they are Human or Parasite (Will be in game)
--1 Doctor (Mortician)-Each night may examine a dead corpse to determine their role.
--1 Soldier (Hunter) –May once during the game kill one player during the day cycle. Identity is revealed when executing a player.
--1 Agent (Protector)-Agent may protect one person each night that carries over into the day up to the lynch. Cannot protect same player two nights in a row
--1 Monitor-As a poll monitor you can place an extra vote each day. Once placed it cannot be removed.
--1 Private Investigator-Each night you may ask if a particular role is in the game.

Players:
1. Newcastle
2. Vorret
3. Holman
4. BB2112
5. Scoop
6. Archinerd
7. El Guapo
8. Zarathud
9. Punisher
10. Unagi
11. Remus West
12. RMC
13. Grundbegriff
14. Moliere

Night Order
Intimidator
Seeker & Reporter
Prober & Doctor
Agent
Private Investigator
Parasite Kills

Day kill reveals will have 3 possible results: Alpha Parasite, Parasite or Town Folk.
Last edited by Lassr on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:45 am, edited 37 times in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Re: The Parasite-August game start or after next game (Signu

Post by Newcastle »

Insky
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Probing your cavities
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Holman

Post by Holman »

In.

Also  Scoop. 

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

In
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Scoop20906

Re: The Parasite-August start or after next game (Signup?)

Post by Scoop20906 »

Let me get this straight. The alpha gets to choose his teammates and between two sets of powers for them?

Genius!!!

In please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

In.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm in.
Black Lives Matter.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

In.

I'll be mellow when I'm dead....
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Not in but intriguing.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scoop20906 wrote:Let me get this straight. The alpha gets to choose his teammates and between two sets of powers for them?

Genius!!!

In please

possibly
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

LordMortis wrote:Not IN but INtriguing.
FTFY
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lassr wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Let me get this straight. The alpha gets to choose his teammates and between two sets of powers for them?

Genius!!!

In please

possibly
My fear would be the choice of bad guy abilities would be tip the scales too much. But then the game really shouldn't be about how to achieve perfect knowledge and knowing up front there is no perfect knowledge unless the berzerker goes boom is what makes it intriguing.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

in.

and I'm still not rick.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

You will know the abilities when (1) zerker goes boom or (2) seer announced a scan is blocked. It's interesting in that it mixes up the village's thought process.

But it would nice if the village had a similar choice to surprise the wolves.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Maybe the village could choose 1 hunter-protector or 1 hunter+1 protector. Same abilities, just choose whether they're together.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zarathud wrote:You will know the abilities when (1) zerker goes boom or (2) seer announced a scan is blocked. It's interesting in that it mixes up the village's thought process.

But it would nice if the village had a similar choice to surprise the wolves.
(2) is not true.

Z 

Punisher wrote:in.

and I'm still not rick.

Wait. There was a Rick(s) and Morty(s) game? In!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

the OR was for
Seeker OR Prober only. Not sure if I would choose which is in the game or let the Alpha choose.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I feel like the Mayor is basically an unfakable role that would self out quickly.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

total aside; what's with the whole 'extending the protection into the following day' thing. Is that to 'accidentally' help a wolf that was accidentally protected?
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Zarathud wrote:Maybe the village could choose 1 hunter-protector or 1 hunter+1 protector. Same abilities, just choose whether they're together.

I'd prefer the hunter & protector role being split to two folks. If the wolves hit this person, that screws the village up and lose a lot of power. However, as an experimental game, i'd be open to trying it.
Bayraktar!!!!

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Newcastle wrote:
Zarathud wrote:Maybe the village could choose 1 hunter-protector or 1 hunter+1 protector. Same abilities, just choose whether they're together.

I'd prefer the hunter & protector role being split to two folks. If the wolves hit this person, that screws the village up and lose a lot of power. However, as an experimental game, i'd be open to trying it.
If it doesn't work we can always ask for a refund....
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Agreed but we're talking about the teams picking a variable after game start.

With fewer specials, they're harder to find but more problematic once found.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Newcastle wrote:

Am I alone?
I feel like these games should be (to a slight degree) about a dominant wolf power, not making the village so strong it can just knock them out... I say pick one or the other. :P
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I'm willing to experiment.. It's not like we are killing each other off in real life.. (and no, that is NOT a suggestion for the next game regardless of my username.)
In the last game, the wolves thought they had a disadvantage, but still won...
It's not a bad idea to experiment with different things and once we are done testing, we can setup a standard format for future games...
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

lol - no, there will never be a standard format....

but - yeah - I am totally up for experimenting endlessly.

IN, btw.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

You are probably right about the Mayor. I am just putting down ideas now. Better to put them here for comments than keep them to myself until closer to game time.

You could fake the mayor, if you guess at the roles in the game and get it right. The mayor would not know who got the powers just that they are in the game.

I'm not big on having the roles in the game unknown though. I would keep it to the prober or seeker on the bad side since they are close to the same thing. I probably will not have a mayor but added it just to think on.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote:put them here for comments than keep them to myself until closer to game time.
the only reason I'm critiquing ... :D
and PLEASE understand I am just offering my 2 cents - or in terms you may better understand: just splurging my opinion all over your face. :twisted:
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Well then.

How about theming it with Rick and Morty?

There's an episode in Season 2 which is PERFECT....and it has Mr. Poopypants.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zarathud wrote:Well then.

:lol: I always have such fond times with you around. I remember that time we played XWing with your...
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

LordMortis wrote:
:lol: I always have such fond times with you around. I remember that time we played XWing with your...
Thinks to self: Please say friends, please say friends
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

LordMortis wrote:
Zarathud wrote:Well then.

sister?
Bayraktar!!!!

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

But I drive you crazy! I can't be the Parasite!!!

Enlarge Image

Yes, my sister is a ringer in our Octocon X-Wing games. As long as she stays focused, she has mad skillz and dice karma.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:You are probably right about the Mayor. I am just putting down ideas now. Better to put them here for comments than keep them to myself until closer to game time.

You could fake the mayor, if you guess at the roles in the game and get it right. The mayor would not know who got the powers just that they are in the game.

I'm not big on having the roles in the game unknown though. I would keep it to the prober or seeker on the bad side since they are close to the same thing. I probably will not have a mayor but added it just to think on.
I haven't fully thought this through, but put the Sorcerer in the game and he learns the role too? Or he randomly gets to remove one role and replace it with one of his choosing knowing only the roles he removed and replaced? So no one knows them all correctly.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

updated rules with a new idea.

Black Lives Matter
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Here's something we need! More role ideas!!!

https://www.blankmediagames.com/roles/
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I think the Soldier and Protector powers are reversed.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Zarathud wrote:I think the Soldier and Protector powers are reversed.
fixed

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Punisher wrote:Here's something we need! More role ideas!!!

https://www.blankmediagames.com/roles/
cool. Have to look through and see if there are any new ideas

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

bb2112 wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
Thinks to self: Please say friends, please say friends
Bwhahahahaha!!!!!!

Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906