New WW Variant-Wild Wild West - Roles are out - Game on!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: New WW Variant-Wild Wild West - Roles are out - Game on!

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:
Punisher wrote:On my phone. Forgive typos.

We need to clarify if the outlaws shot ends the day/voting and if any scans today/tonight are canceled.

I was assuming I could put a scan in today/tonight no matter what.
BB?
Day ends at 7AM EST no matter what.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

OK,

I think I get it.

Punisher - you should submit a Scan. (clearly don't scan Newcastle.)

Your scan will still be part of the day's events.

Only "the day's kill" will be subverted by the Outlaw's shot, (if he took it).

Good to get cleared up. (perhaps I was the only one not getting that)

I'm going to place my vote, none the less.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Unagi wrote:OK,

I think I get it.

I killed someone with my spear and helmet!!!
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

RMC wrote:
Unagi wrote:OK,

I think I get it.

I killed someone with my spear and helmet!!!
And magic helmet!
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Newcastle wrote:@punisher...i'd like to hear you rationale for coming out and declaring me the alpha today. Pretty ballsy to come out with no pressure, and that's probably why you did it. Sorry it backfired on you...lesson learned. Good game and well played. We'll discuss post game, because i am really curious to know why you did it. (i can surmise a guess, that i was hot on the alpha's trail, and the alpha = 2 votes, without alpha the wolves have nothing).

Its cool with me if you shoot me RMC. Seriously its fine. I'd probably do the same thing. I'll come back villager, then you folks turn around and knock off unagi tomorrow (alpha = 2 votes). Then move on to the punisher.

The game is over for all intents and purposes.

If i am alive tomorrow, i'll gloat and post some cool ass stuff....but if not...tis cool....or you can shoot me and prevent my gloating, that's cool too! I'll try to swing by later on tonight, but honestly i much rather spend energies in RL and chopping down my to do list.

And this is "newcastlian"...that has a better ring to it...at least i got that to mull over now...how shall i be enshrined?
The rationale was easy..
1) I requested a scan of you from BB.
2) I received a response from BB that said you were the Alpha Wolf
3) I rationalized that since there were only 2 wolves and no night kills, it was safe for me to come out without fear of a wolf night time retribution. Plus, as you mentioned, the Alpha Wolf gets 2 votes, so best to nip that in the bud and then I "should" be able to freely scan for the rest of the game.

As for why i was leaning towards you, vorrent and unagi... and Moliere, but he's been quiet so I let him go.. :)
I was originally going to scan vorrent, but then I second guessed myself.. why? because so far, for EVERY game, my first thought has been wrong and I have actually ended up trying to protect wolves.. Glad that didn't happen this time.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

El Guapo wrote:How quickly you forget about Player #10.
:ninja:
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Voting is Closed:

1. Vorret ------> 0
2. Punisher ----> 0
3. Scoop -------> 0
4. El Guapo ---> 3
5. Unagi -------> 1
6. Newcastle -> 2
7. RMC --------> 0
8. Lassr -------> 0

Everyone voted or submitted an action.

Bring out Your Dead:
1. Holman
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

The shoot out is still happening all around. You peek out and watch as Newcastle runs in the middle of the street towards the post office’s open door. Right before he gets there he stops dead in his tracks when a hand holding a gun comes out of the doorway from the shadows pointing directly at Newcastle’s nose. Newcastle starts to back pedal and put his hands up when the gun goes off and shoots Newcastle point blank in the face. The hand and gun recede back into the shadows.

Newcastle is DEAD!

You watch in horror as Newcastle’s body transforms into a WOLF
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Now begins Round 3 - Deadline 7AM EST Friday

Question for the group: Do we want to take the weekend off or treat it as one long day and have the deadline be Monday 7AM instead of waiting until Tuesday? I will defer to the players.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I will be out of town Wed & Thurs and will not be checking in here so I want this to be over before then...unless I'm not needed.

My game will start next Friday at the earliest.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Who did you scan punisher?

I shot the wolf.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

the 3 votes on el guapo are interesting for sure, I wonder why the wolves voted for him?
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

and the vote on unagi is mine, fyi.

I voted early yesterday since I knew I wouldn't be ableto check the forum after 5pmish until 8isham today.
Isgrimnur wrote:
RMC

Post by RMC »

Vorret wrote:the 3 votes on el guapo are interesting for sure, I wonder why the wolves voted for him?
Because el guapo is the sheriff. And as the outlaw I would like to point out I did not shoot you.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Scanned Unagi.. He is clean.. well, he is the town drunk, so I'm not sure exactly how clean he is, but he is on our side...

Any preferences for todays scan?
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Ohh a fellow drunk! Welcome to the club!
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

RMC wrote:
Vorret wrote:the 3 votes on el guapo are interesting for sure, I wonder why the wolves voted for him?
Because el guapo is the sheriff. And as the outlaw I would like to point out I did not shoot you.
Wait, what? When was that made public? I feel like I missed something :oops:
Isgrimnur wrote:
RMC

Post by RMC »

Process of elimination.

Scoop is the wolf then, right?

Or lassr

Or vorret.

I say scoop though.

At an offsite so not as much time today. But will look later today.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

bb2112 wrote:Now begins Round 3 - Deadline 7AM EST Friday

Question for the group: Do we want to take the weekend off or treat it as one long day and have the deadline be Monday 7AM instead of waiting until Tuesday? I will defer to the players.
I'm OK doing daily on Sat and Sun, but also OK with whatever the group decides.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

RMC wrote:Process of elimination.

Or lassr

Or vorret.

I say scoop though.

Keep in mind we don't have too many provens.. Me, you, Unagi and El Guapo. Everyone else is just claims.
We do NEED to make sure that all the goods vote the same way going forward. That way no one will need protection. There is one wolf left so we easily out umber him. We just need to hope that we scan in the right order. It would suck if we scanned everyone one by ne and only got back goods... I'm sure we will miss some scans in the beginning now.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Either to make him look good or look bad.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Vorret wrote:and the vote on unagi is mine, fyi.

I voted early yesterday since I knew I wouldn't be ableto check the forum after 5pmish until 8isham today.
How Horrible of you !
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

RMC wrote:Process of elimination.

Or lassr

Or vorret.

I say scoop though.

This is my take as well.

I will be voting for Scoop.

So, El G never even did declare he was the Sheriff, right? He could have but didn't. There is just a small part of me that wonders if Holman was the Sheriff.

Still, I say we all VOTE SCOOP (and this protecting the seer) - and then have Punisher scan El Guapo (or Lassr or Vorret, but I would scan El Guapo).
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

bb2112 wrote:Question for the group: Do we want to take the weekend off or treat it as one long day and have the deadline be Monday 7AM instead of waiting until Tuesday? I will defer to the players.
I would say: have the deadline be Monday 7AM
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Interesting.

For what it is worth I am not the Sheriff - I am a humble politician, in simple service to the people. I'd be holding back saying my role for fear of the Sheriff having nowhere to hide, but as RMC says there appears to be nowhere else for the Sheriff to be, so it must have been Holman. Guessing that's why the wolves voted for me - only other possible place for the Sheriff to be.

On the upshot I'm not sure that we really need a sheriff at this point anyway. Since Punisher says that Newcastle was the Alpha Wolf, that means that the wolves only have one vote and no night kills, and Lassr can cancel two votes on any person (once per person). If Lassr hasn't already canceled votes on Punisher then he can do that tonight, and beyond that as long as we have at least two votes on someone other than Punisher (which seems likely) the wolves can't get him. Then it's just a matter of running through the possible wolf candidates until we get the wolf.

Seems pretty straightforward.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

The wolves will take every villagers role claim at face value (cause they know who the villagers are, and why would a villager lie).

So, it's kinda odd that you didn't say something yesterday, when everyone but you had 'claimed a role' , sheriff was unclaimed, but you couldn't honestly claim it either.

Also, I don't think Lassr's role claim has been proven, so you are making a little show of faith there.

I double-down on my idea that we should kill Scoop (and El Guapo makes a reasonable scan choice).

But, Yes El Guapo, other than my slight suspicion of you here (you are being sloppy with conclusions for you, IMO) - I agree. I think this game should be straight forward. It would explain Scoops absence to a degree as well. (a bit of a 'why bother'?)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:Interesting.

For what it is worth I am not the Sheriff - I am a humble politician, in simple service to the people. I'd be holding back saying my role for fear of the Sheriff having nowhere to hide, but as RMC says there appears to be nowhere else for the Sheriff to be, so it must have been Holman. Guessing that's why the wolves voted for me - only other possible place for the Sheriff to be.

On the upshot I'm not sure that we really need a sheriff at this point anyway. Since Punisher says that Newcastle was the Alpha Wolf, that means that the wolves only have one vote and no night kills, and Lassr can cancel two votes on any person (once per person). If Lassr hasn't already canceled votes on Punisher then he can do that tonight, and beyond that as long as we have at least two votes on someone other than Punisher (which seems likely) the wolves can't get him. Then it's just a matter of running through the possible wolf candidates until we get the wolf.

I will remove two from Punisher tonight. Wolves cannot win with 1 vote.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote:The wolves will take every villagers role claim at face value (cause they know who the villagers are, and why would a villager lie).

So, it's kinda odd that you didn't say something yesterday, when everyone but you had 'claimed a role' , sheriff was unclaimed, but you couldn't honestly claim it either.

Also, I don't think Lassr's role claim has been proven, so you are making a little show of faith there.

I double-down on my idea that we should kill Scoop (and El Guapo makes a reasonable scan choice).

But, Yes El Guapo, other than my slight suspicion of you here (you are being sloppy with conclusions for you, IMO) - I agree. I think this game should be straight forward. It would explain Scoops absence to a degree as well. (a bit of a 'why bother'?)
I didn't realize that everyone else had claimed a role - most people had, but I guess I assumed that there was at least one other person who hadn't yet.

You are right that Lassr's claim hasn't been proven yet, and of course someone is lying and is a secret wolf. Although that doesn't really make much of a difference either way, insofar as the key thing is that we have complete control over killing at this point. Well, I guess it's possible we could mess up coordination so badly that everyone votes for someone different and we all tie and one vote and all die. Which again - would be *hilarious* - but I am reasonably confident that we can avoid that.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

If the wolves can vote for themselves, why not due it when the outlaw is shooting. Scoop or El Guapo, it is a toss up to me.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Interesting.

I will remove two from Punisher tonight. Wolves cannot win with 1 vote.
I was going to say that the Spaz power means that the wolves could get two votes, but then I remembered that the spaz wolf can vote OR use his power but not both, so they are at 1 vote at this point.

Man the wolves are weak in this game.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Yes, I am not proven. We can all vote tonight for Scoop and I can remove 2 that would show up in the vote count.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

So you didn't do that last night then, right?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

FWIW Scoop seems like a fine vote choice for this evening. And I'm fine with being scanned as well, of course - basically we just kill and scan until we hit the spaz wolf, at this point.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote:Yes, I am not proven. We can all vote tonight for Scoop and I can remove 2 that would show up in the vote count.
Let's not tempt fate.

We can only put faith in 4 votes (from these 5: Vorret, RMC, Unagi, El Guapo, Scoop)

That 4-2 = 2

To really really close to some missing vote sending Scoop and 'Punisher' into a Tie.

I say just vote with us... Make it 5 votes vs the wolf's vote ( and we get another Scan).

Probably doesn't mater, and you could also take 2 votes off Punisher to the same effect.

/shrug
But lets not be foolish and remove votes from our desired 'Kill'. one person forgets to vote and that could be bad.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:So you didn't do that last night then, right?
I did not, I voted Newcastle

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:
Lassr wrote:Yes, I am not proven. We can all vote tonight for Scoop and I can remove 2 that would show up in the vote count.
Let's not tempt fate.

We can only put faith in 4 votes (from these 5: Vorret, RMC, Unagi, El Guapo, Scoop)

That 4-2 = 2

To really really close to some missing vote sending Scoop and 'Punisher' into a Tie.

I say just vote with us... Make it 5 votes vs the wolf's vote ( and we get another Scan).

Probably doesn't mater, and you could also take 2 votes off Punisher to the same effect.

/shrug
But lets not be foolish and remove votes from our desired 'Kill'. one person forgets to vote and that could be bad.
I agree, but it is an option if you need some proof. But with only 1 wolf vote there really is no need to prove me since I would be on the list of tests eventually.

Black Lives Matter
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I am going to be taking some meds and trying to get some sleep/rest.
I may not be back on until tonight.
We only have one wolf. That wolf only has 1 vote. He could also do the whole vote for everyone thing.
EVERYONE except me NEEDS to vote for the same person.. I don't see a need for anyone else's power to be used at this point.. Maybe once we get down to lower numbers I might need protecting, but not now. I am BY FAR not an expert and still consider myself a newb, but even to me, this strategy works.
Not sure when I will be on, but try to have a final vote/scan decision by 8PM. If there is no consensus I will pick someone to scan myself and then I will also need to be protected in case the votes get screwy.
Remember, ultimately the goal is for the team to win. Yes it sucks when you get knocked out as a good, but lets come together and make a decision.
For me, the 2 choices are Scoop and El Guapo. Only because IIRC, they are both claiming Politician. Although I am confused about duplicate roles, so it is possible they are both politicians.

As for the wolves being weak, Maybe a little, but I think the biggest hit was my lucky scan on NC. If I had scanned a villager, we would have had a proven, but that's it.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop 

that's 1.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

i'll vote Scoop.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

I wanted to shoot scoop, so voting for scoop is almost as good.

Done... Vote in for Scoop.