Anno 2205 DLC

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

tgb

Anno 2205 DLC

Post by tgb »

I picked up the base game for 13 Quatloos the other day and now see the DLC all on sale for about half that. I'm not sure I want to get all 3. Does the hivemind have any recommendations on which are essential?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Lorini

Re: Anno 2205 DLC

Post by Lorini »

The first one is good and the last one I'm still trying to figure out :). The second one adds a lot of complexity to the game through a Stock Market so your mileage may vary for it.
Black Lives Matter
tgb

Post by tgb »

Actually since posting that I discovered that GMG was selling the Season Pass for $9.50, which I grabbed. So now I have the base game and all the DLC for <$25.

:horse:
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

I haven't played the Tundra one significantly, but I did play the Orbit one a bit, and it fairly seamlessly adds some interesting new mechanics to the game. Hard to say if it's good or bad, but it's definitely more, and that's good enough for me with a game like Anno.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Sepiche wrote:I haven't played the Tundra one significantly, but I did play the Orbit one a bit, and it fairly seamlessly adds some interesting new mechanics to the game. Hard to say if it's good or bad, but it's definitely more, and that's good enough for me with a game like Anno.
I like the Tundra one, it adds some interesting logistics puzzles.
Black Lives Matter
KDH

Post by KDH »

:shock: ... Just a heads-up .. somebody can start a new thread when details solidify

Anno 1800 Revealed ...
Spoiler:
Image .. (1m)
Anno 1800 - Official Announcement Trailer - Gamescom 2017
This shows off steamships that were not around in 1800, so we presume this covers the ensuing years as well, which is born out by the description, which says: "Welcome to the 19th Century, the dawn of the industrial age! Diplomacy, trade or warfare, choose your strategy for victory."
Ain't nobody got time for that
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Any news on whether they are bringing back multiplayer co-op for the new one? Building a sprawling city and resource empire with another person in Anno2070 is probably my favorite city building experience ever.
KDH

Post by KDH »

they are pitching an Anno forum called .. anno-union.com (I don't know the age of it)
Join us in the creation of ANNO 1800

Join the team at Ubisoft Blue Byte in the creation of Anno 1800.

Get the latest news, development insights, behind the scenes content and help us shape the future of the franchise, as we regularly invite gamers to share their feedback, vote on features, create content and test the game during its development.

but I am having problems getting it to load satisfactorily with Firefox and Chrome
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Lordnine wrote:Any news on whether they are bringing back multiplayer co-op for the new one? Building a sprawling city and resource empire with another person in Anno2070 is probably my favorite city building experience ever.
They have mentioned 'online matches' so I assume so.
Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

The idea of winning by trade, war or diplomacy makes me think I may not fully grasp what these games are about (as that sounds more interesting).

If you were to describe the Anno games as similar to another game, which of these would be closest?

SimCity games (this would be the closest to what I thought they were, and not really my cup of tea)
Settlers games
Imperialism 1/2 (this would be the dream and I'd need to look into where to start with this series!)

If none of those are particularly close, what is a game or game series that would be similar in nature?
tgb

Post by tgb »

Closest to the Settlers games, in that supply and manufacture chains can get quite complex, and mediocre combat feels tacked on.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Yeah...Settlers. They are really just supply chain simulators with city building. There is combat but it's very basic. For some reason I find playing the Anno games very relaxing.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

The same people did the Settlers and the Anno games, I was fortunate to meet members of the original Settlers team at E3 last year.
Black Lives Matter
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

I've been watching for any of these to go sale since this conversation (still haven't seen anything yet, but wishlisted on Steam (2070/2205) and GOG (the 14-170x games).

Thematically, the future ones sounded more interesting (the older ones being more like Settlers in theme, thought the future theme would be a neat bonus difference).

But thought I'd ask here if there are any in the series that are particularly recommended or particularly should not get (scratch off the wishlist) and any DLC/add-ons that are "required" to really enjoy the game (Settlers 3 has an Amazons xpac that would qualify as "required" to me to really enjoy the game; cosmetic stuff doesn't do much for me).

Thank you for the previous feedback and any further feedback provided here.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

I would still go with Anno2070 + the Deep Ocean expansion. You can safely skip all the other DLC though. There is some weird copy protection stuff (plus Uplay) on the game though so do some research if that sort of thing worries you.
KDH

Post by KDH »

... :coffee: ... UBI-soft's store has Anno2205-Ultimate and Various DLC's at 75% off (direct from Uplay, not Steam)

Ultimate = 12.50
Base .... = 10.00
DLC .... = 3.00
Season . = 5.00

Also, Anno2070
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

KDH wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:44 pm .
... :coffee: ... UBI-soft's store has Anno2205-Ultimate and Various DLC's at 75% off (direct from Uplay, not Steam)

Ultimate = 12.50
Base .... = 10.00
DLC .... = 3.00
Season . = 5.00

Also, Anno2070
Pretty much the same thing in Steam..
http://store.steampowered.com/app/375910/Anno_2205/
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
KDH

Post by KDH »

yeah, I meant to check steam but I lost my connection just after posting