Alien Isolation play through 2016

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Alien Isolation play through 2016

Post by Daehawk »

Had this in my backlog a while now and decided I better get to it before it looks so old I wont play it.

Curious...any mods for this? :)

Ok theres a control bug giving me trouble. When I use a computer it says SPACE is back. So I hit it and it goes back to the main menu but thats it. I cant get out of the computer. If I grab my controller the B is back and it goes back to menu then again to exit the computer. Why wont my keyboard bind do that? Im stuck in the computers unless I reach over and tap B on my controller. I cant keep that up and I dont want to use the controller for the entire game because turning and looking behind me is too slow. I prefer mouse keyboard for these fps games.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
BooTx

Re: Alien Isolation play through 2016

Post by BooTx »

Q is back for me and it exits the computer as well.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

If you figure out a way to make this game not make me want to hurl after 5 minutes of playing, I'm all for joining along. FOV + Headbobbing = grip the side of my desk and wait for queasy stomach to stop. I really wanted to get into this game, but there's seemingly no easy way to adjust either.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

BooTx wrote:Q is back for me and it exits the computer as well.
Thanks...I put it to Q and it works right...I changed it to END and it also works right.

Are there limited saves? I saved twice in that room because I love having a lot of saves going and now it says plz wait at the save box and wont let me save my new settings.
BooTx

Post by BooTx »

I think it's more of a cool down period on the save station than there being a limited number of saves.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok thanks....phew....from the video plays of this games Ive watched Im going to need a lot of them.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

Has it been two years already?
I remember paying full price for it so I'd have it to play on my big Halloween 2014 holiday play thing.

I got it fired up, played around in the opening hallways a bit, then stopped for whatever reason. And there it still sits.

I'll give it another shot THIS Halloween! I already asked for that week off. And I usually get it, since nobody but me wants to take Halloween off as a holiday for some reason. But it is just mega-cool!
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Holman

Post by Holman »

Isolation isn't 100% perfect, but it captures the atmosphere of the original movie better than any other game. I really liked it.

I recently tried playing through on the highest difficulty level, but it was too hard for me. Not unrealistically so--it felt exactly as hard as it looked like it was in the movie. I spent most of my time worried about moving from cover and tensing up at every noise.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I played with my ass puckered the entire time. the sounds freak me out not to mention the smoke stuff.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh holy damn shit..was playing alien and my buddy bought the farm and Im waiting on a train ride and the music is pumping, a heartbeat is sounding, and the music is ratcheting up..come on train!!! click click button its not faster ARGH COME ON TRAIN....had to quit a bit..heart racing
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Usually the alien doesn't appear until the train arrives and I get on. But this time just as it arrives the alien kills me. No idea why it changed unless I was standing in the wrong place or something.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Daehawk wrote:Usually the alien doesn't appear until the train arrives and I get on. But this time just as it arrives the alien kills me. No idea why it changed unless I was standing in the wrong place or something.
When talking about Alien, every place is the wrong place...
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Back to playing this and still dont know what Im doing or supposed to be doing. I found the black box the then i die in the next area.

1. I came upon a room with a girl that shoots at me and I get her door hacking tool. I killed all 3 of them. Is it wrong to kill other humans? Should I just sneak around?

2. Im playing on easy and dying....thats how bad I am at this. When I come back to that area where I killed those three the alien is there killing some guy. I can leave that area..I even hid in a locker..but got out and looked around and died. Im not sure what Im doing here. Theres still locked areas but I have no hack or key. All I can access it seems in a train to area 1 and one to area 2. Should I leave? If I stay the alien finally catches me. Ive stayed hid in a locker for 5 min and the music never changes. I have no idea how to know if he leaves or how to get him to leave. Am I supposed to take the train and just leave areas un finished?

EDIT: Watched a video and saw how to leave. But Im still leaving areas unexplored...doors are still locked. i have no way to open them. I guess a lot of backtracking will commence sometimes.

Also why must all these games have machines with great looking food in them you cant eat!? Maddening. Hotdogs, burgers, yum.
BooTx

Post by BooTx »

Sounds like you're the food in this game.

I do have to install this one again for a nice Fall / Winter playthrough. I really had a great time playing this game. I can't believe how much they nailed the feel of the original movie.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

It sure makes you nervous with the sounds, lighting, and smoke and music. Didn't help to see the alien in a room and then on another I hear something behind me and turn and see it behind me . I turned to run and it stabbed me.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I finally finished the game!!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
malchior

Post by malchior »

This is one of the games I've been meaning to get around to so I just fired this up last night. I'll say it is hella atmospheric. I had my wife come in and the first time you meet the alien she jumped. We kept hearing it everywhere. I'd be willing to take a splash of xenomorph blood for a game like this set in VR.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I never did finish it. Was nerve wracking. Now with me living alone I seriously doubt Ill try again lol. Im not up for scary games now alone. I have played the Dead Space games 3 times through but I cant even bring myself to play them now. Dont need to lie awake at night wondering what that sound was.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Loved this game! Have fun with it.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I picked this up in the last Steam sale, in the event that I needed a creepy game. Doesn't hurt that I love the theme.

It's nowhere near the top of my "Next Games" list, though. It'll get there. I may need to return some day.

Good hunting (hunted).
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Hmm thanks for the reminder. I need to give this one a run through. I've been hitting all kinds of old stuff to manage the post Cyberpunk gaming drought.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

I had a good session tonight. I was put in the first true off-the-rails scenario where I am being hunted relentlessly by the Alien. It was nerve wracking as I snuck around trying to find the Macguffin with just some vague context clues to guide me. I got into a situation that was hard to escape and found a way to set off an alarm down the hall to pull the Alien away and then *RAN* all the way to safety. It really has a insanely tense and meaningful cat/mouse feel that is heightened by the fact that there are a scarce number of save points and effectively only 2 save slots. I could see someone not liking the mechanics but it is really hitting a sweet spot at the moment.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:29 pm Hmm thanks for the reminder. I need to give this one a run through. I've been hitting all kinds of old stuff to manage the post Cyberpunk gaming drought.
Finished on Hard in 18.4 hours. I almost quit early on when I got super frustrated and there were a couple of other places where I wanted to uninstall but I stuck with it. It was definitely tense and often interesting. I am not sure how much fun it actually as though...

There is no way I would ever consider playing this in VR. Ever.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

Nice. I'm switching between this and Valhalla at the moment because this is a night game for me. I have the same am I having fun feeling too but decided it is enough experience to give it a full playthrough. Especially since it isn't terribly long.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

I just remember running away. A lot.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Kurth wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:33 pm I just remember running away. A lot.
For me the androids were generally more of a pain than the alien. At least the alien just took me out quickly as opposed to the damn androids sauntering along endlessly taunting me... I really, really enjoyed one sequence where I was able to take down about 6 androids in fairly rapid succession once I was properly equipped to deal with them.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter