[Minis] Star Wars Legion

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hentzau

[Minis] Star Wars Legion

Post by hentzau »

Just announced from FFG.

For about the past six months I have been noodling around with the idea of trying to use the GASLIGHT rule set for Star Wars, but using the RPG dice for damage and defense. Looks like I can stop noodling now...
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Isgrimnur

Re: [Minis] Star Wars Legion

Post by Isgrimnur »

No Gungan troops? Out.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I will be spending some time at the FFG booth at BGG.CON it seems.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Any reviews?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Not a personal review, but here's what Geek and Sundry had to say about it.

I went ahead and placed a pre-order with my FLGS.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I am hoping this is at Pax unplugged. want to check it out first hand..
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

If I can get my nearest Star Wars gamer buddy to split it with me, I'm in.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Well dammit. I may need to get these.

Battle of Endor terrain.

Shipping from NZ hurts though.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Got my first learning game in, using WotC star wars pre-paints as substitutions. Game was very fun, learned the basic game easily enough. For the learning game, it did devolve into a "I'm going to stand behind this barricade and shoot at you while you stand behind your barricade and shoot at me", but that's because the learning game didn't have any other objective than to shoot the hell out of the other guys.

We both enjoyed the game very much, had a great Star Wars feel to it. You could see FFG all over it though, the X-Wing and Armada DNA was pretty easy to spot. The Empire won mostly on the strength of Vader, I couldn't touch the Rebel walker until Vader finally made it into the fight and almost took it out with one attack. Then Skywalker decided to go have a talk with Pops, and Vader just crushed him. Quite appropriately too.

I'm now eyeing the minis that came with the game, trying to decide if I want to start painting them up. The figures are really nice. I currently have WotC minis that I can substitute for almost everything, so I don't need to do it for a while yet. But it is tempting.