Reaper Bones Next

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Zarathud

Reaper Bones 3, because Isgrimnur said so.

Post by Zarathud »

With hepcat at one expansion, I am all in this time with $300. The paints are just a great deal, and I am in on most of the smaller Fantasy sets. The big dragons are awesome, but my painting skills wouldn't do them justice.

Hentzau, a little green stuff and painting outside the lines could fix a plunging neckline so long as the rest of the dress worked.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Blackhawk

Re: Reaper Bones 3, because Isgrimnur said so.

Post by Blackhawk »

Good idea. Since you control the shading, you can actually remove depth by reducing the shadows and highlights on the overabundant bosomses - or even counter-shading them.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I wish SOMEONE would stop trying to convince me I need both the cemetery expansion AND the mythos expansion. :grund:
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

There have been some delays due to issues with China, but they sent out an update today that all of the product is now in US, with the last container in Texas (where Reaper is located) waiting for customs. Bones 3 should start shipping in the next few weeks.

Meanwhile, there have been rumblings that Bones 4 will go up on Kickstarter sometime this summer after shipping is done on 3. It's up in the air as to whether I'll be able to go in (although I'll still pledge $1 on the first day in order to get in on the first wave shipping), but I wanted to let everyone know.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

They're five minutes from my house. :ninja:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Isgrimnur wrote:They're five minutes from my house. :ninja:
Get two more :ninja: :ninja: together and get over there!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

More like 20 minutes from my house.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Just in time now that I'm making progress painting heroes from Bones 2!
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Only 12 hours, 34 minutes from my house.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Road Trip! We crash at Isgrimnur's place after he crushes us in a card game of his choice.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I have a spare room with a full-size bed. There's the couch, too, but you risk waking up to a dog to the face.

And there's always ReaperCon.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Looking forward to all the terrain I had Zarathud add onto his order. Got to get back into Malifaux.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Dem Bones dem Bones
Are in my living room
Zarathud

Reaper Bones 3, because Isgrimnur said so.

Post by Zarathud »

My set arrived and I am holding hepcat's terrain hostage.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I just picked up your kids as ransom.

Oddly, your wife seemed almost overjoyed at the prospect. Said something about "Now i can take a goddamn nap".
Covfefe!
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

I just can't resist these Bones sets. I hardly ever paint, I never never play, but I keep buying them. Now I have several hundred unpainted figures, and if Bones 4 comes out, I will surely get in on that as well.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Bones 4 will come at the end of the summer.

I had 10 player characters left from Bones 2, and now have a full set of Reaper paints. Completing the player characters from Bones 2 and Bones 3 before Bones 4 arrives is my Grail Quest.
Blackhawk

Re: Reaper Bones Next

Post by Blackhawk »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's a werehouse!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Isgrimnur wrote:It's a werehouse!
:shock:

:clap:
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Cool, hepcat needs more terrain...
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Oh yes...yes I do.
<although I'd saw those chicken legs off the house right off the bat>
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Got a mini-hepcat you need them for?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It's a conjoined twin, and you know I'm sensitive about it.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

In wave 1 for a buck.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm a little disappointed this time. Too much stuff is a variant of what has come before. The core set is sitting on 30 goblins and yet more kobolds. There are yet more variations of 'guy with a sword.' I have enough of all of those to defend a small kingdom, even if you just count the stuff from previous Bones Kickstarters.

I was really hoping for more unique stuff that I don't have a stack of. More unique monsters, more non-fantasy stuff. The Chronoscope expansion and the Dire Consequences are nice. The High Rollers look fun as display pieces. The rest would probably just end up in a box, unpainted.

I'm still in, but I don't think I'm 'all in.' I'll just hold off and order the addons that appeal to me.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Townsfolk and guards in the core are good enough for me. I don't need all the goblins and knights but they'll be used.

I would LOVE a beholder and Draconians.

And mouslings are awesome.

I have most of the Chronoscope I want from the extra set. The bots are nice.

I bought all the prior paint sets and filled out my storage, so I have to pass on the set and pick up one or two colors later.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

They've added some great stuff lately. All the prehistoric stuff is great - dinosaurs, cavemen, anthromorphic dinos, etc. Chronoscope is a must-have. They've added a bunch of terrain. The treeman is excellent, and I'm really curious about the just announced 'Fan Favorites' collection.

Luckily, I can pledge low now and add money until July of next year, otherwise I'd be Sadhawk.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Have they added a complimentary Blackhawk to paint all the minis?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Zaxxon wrote:Have they added a complimentary Blackhawk to paint all the minis?
Yes. Simply increase your pledge by $100,000 in the Blackhawk Manager and it will be delivered along with your Bones.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Very excited, even though I haven't started painting Bones 3 and still have less than 12 heroes (and all the monsters) left from Bones 2. I love the villagers, heroes and Small World Heroes in the new Base.

I'm in for the Base, Trolls, Rocky Dragons, Nargauth (or maybe Mossbeard or the Rulers of Hell), Darkreach (Underdark) Set, and Paint Set A. Also adding a few things for hepcat. Some of the heroes from the Dreadmire expansion (#424, 406 and 440) look great, and I'll get them later. I already have most of the human heroes (and the few bots which are great) from the Chronoscope expansion. The Lost Valley set is pretty cool, but not for me.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Other than a few specific models, I'm most excited for the non-fantasy stuff (the sci-fi stuff, the prehistoric stuff.) I've got plenty of fantasy stuff still waiting to be painted. In fact, I've already come up with a few rough ideas for Savage Worlds mini-campaigns using the prehistoric stuff. I do wish they'd put out more hard sci-fi pieces (ship's crew, armed humans, etc) and some more modern stuff (soldiers, cops, normal folk.)

I can't afford nearly as much this time as I could in previous runs (thanks, GenCon), but I'm going to do what I can.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I'm in for base only for now. Will re-evaluate during pledge manager... I think I totaled about $400 more stuff I wanted to add...not gonna happen that way though..
and i was shocked to find out that the pledge manager will be open until July 2018.. thats a long time for a pledge manager.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

I backed this. I got the core set and the paints. I stopped looking at the updates to make sure that is all I buy.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

I backed at the $1 level for now. Am I right that those are some of the best prices on paints you can get? I’ve actually been using the same set of paints that I got from the very first Bones campaign. Impressive considering the number of CMON games and Cthulhu Wars expansions I’ve painted. I’m finally starting to run out though and when I looked at prices online I was a bit mortified.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Lordnine wrote:I backed at the $1 level for now. Am I right that those are some of the best prices on paints you can get? I’ve actually been using the same set of paints that I got from the very first Bones campaign. Impressive considering the number of CMON games and Cthulhu Wars expansions I’ve painted. I’m finally starting to run out though and when I looked at prices online I was a bit mortified.
Reaper and Vallejo are my two go-to paint brands. A lot of places online jack up the prices. It should normally be between $3-$4 per bottle.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I have a pretty big Reaper paint collection, and the paints still tempted me. 12 bottles for $18 is a great deal. Buying from Reaper at Origins was $3 per bottle unless you went in on a full case of 50.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The Bones 5 Kickstarter has been announced for October 1st at noon.

I don't know if I'm in or not. I'll probably back for a buck and see what they offer, but I wasn't happy with how they handled the last one (changing sizes, poor communication, etc.)
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I’m in for the basic but limiting myself. Still haves lots of unpainted Bones 3 and 4.