Divinity: Original Sin 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

soulbringer

Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2

Post by soulbringer »

Cylus Maxii wrote:How did you get the EA keys? I was a backer for the Kickstarter Collector's Edition. This is a boxed set with two copies.
Did you not get an email? While I dont have the Collector's Edition the instructions in the email are as follows:
"How to Get Access

That's right, as of RIGHT THIS SECOND, a day before it goes into Early Access, you can play Divinity: Original Sin 2! To get your Steam key, just follow the instructions below.

Warning: This is your key for Early Access AND the full game. If you give this key to anyone else, then they'll get the full game at release.

Warning: The game is currently available on Steam only. If you claim a Steam key now you can NOT swap it for a GOG key later. We expect the game will be available on GOG in October.

To get your Steam key, please:

1. Create an account at/log in to the larian vault.

2. Once logged in, click on the D:OS2 Kickstarter link in the top menu. If you haven’t linked Larian Vault to your Kickstarter account, you’ll be prompted to do so.

3. Once your accounts are linked, click on the menu item "Your Choices & Input". In the list of rewards, look for the item "Divinity: Original Sin 2 Digital Download" (for some tiers, this reward will be called "Divinity: Original Sin 2 Digital Collector's Edition Download").

4. Select Steam. Click OK. Then click the link "Available! Claim now!". This will generate your Steam key.

5. Once you have your key, activate it on Steam as you would any other game (Click "Games" in the toolbar, click "Activate a product on Steam", and follow the instructions given)

6. Wait patiently for the game to download. (Note: Patience optional.) "
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

The Steam key and download worked as advertised. The character creation is limited and you can only create one character. The music and graphics are sweet. Played long enough to fight a battle and find a companion. My only disappointment so far is I selected a skill that should have given me heal but nada, so at this point I have no way to regain hp except food or potions. Maybe when I level.

Edit: Found sleeping bags! Fought another battle, blasted open a chest with my staff (to avoid weapon breakage) and pretty much explored everything accessible outside the town. Now ready to enter the gates...
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Kickstarter keys for the GOG version are now available and the 'in development' alpha can be downloaded on GOG. I'm probably going to wait until it's a lot more finished but I did redeem my key on GOG so I can download it when I want to.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Major patch out. Now you can select from multiple races and classes. Still can only make one character instead of two. Prior saves not compatible. Details here.

Edit: Now I am up to level 3 with my party of 4. Exp is very hard to come by, as there are very few creatures about. I had to start murdering everybody in town to make any progress. Have accumulated some decent gear. I know the way out, but it is too heavily defended for me atm.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I finally beat the first (and only) area at level 7. I don't think there is enough exp on the whole island to get to level 8. I finally got some epic items, but the game was over. I had to use a unique tactic to beat the final group of enemies. Larian makes a big deal out of using the environment, so that is what I did. Some may call it cheesy, I call it brilliant:
Spoiler:
To get to the exit you must pass a line of laser beam casters that kill you instantly. There are ways to remove them (like rescuing Slan the Dragon, so don't release him if you want to try this), but I found using teleport, there is a sliver of safe area past the laser beams that you can reach. So I teleported 3 characters over there. You cannot teleport yourself, so the 4th guy ran as far as he could and died, but was in range for one of the other 3 to cast a rez scroll. I gave 3 of my characters the teleport skill, and a teleport scroll to the fourth. So I set up on the steps just past the lasers.

Below is a mob of level 8's, some with one-shot kills. The main guy wants to talk, but I stayed back until he was in teleport range, and teleported him into the laser beam field for insta-kill. Rinse and repeat for the next 3 enemies. Then I had to survive long enough for the teleport to cool down so I could take 2 out the last 3 enemies. That left a level 9 giant worm that could not be teleported, but I was able to take him down.
Now I'm ready for the real game to come out.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Toe

Post by Toe »

A look at game master mode. I am all of the sudden craving doritos and mountain dew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj9cPK2_qKU
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Release date is now official:

September 14, 2017
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Can't wait; I've held off from purchasing in EA, but I really enjoyed the first one, so I am eager to be able to jump in.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
KDH

Post by KDH »

The following is a trailer showing combat .. a tongue-in-cheek narration accompanies the display

The clip runs for about three minutes, uses actual gameplay footage
Ain't nobody got time for that
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Wish the first one would go on sale for less than $10 so I could try it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
RMC

Post by RMC »

Is this still being released on the 14th? Have not seen a lot about it overall...
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Yup, it's coming tomorrow. Can't wait.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I had no idea the sequel was coming out so soon. I really liked the game on the PS4, even though I never finished it. Have they said when they expect the console version to release?
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Downloading now. It seems to be out in the central time zones.
Covfefe!
RMC

Post by RMC »

Anyone know if you had to beta already downloaded if you had to download a whole new copy, or if it would patch the existing install.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I owned the beta copy and it downloaded a small update yesterday. Today? A 15.8 GB download.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
tgb

Post by tgb »

I'd normally be all over this except $45 is a little rich for my blood at the moment. Anyone know of a sale?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

75% downloaded. Steam says I have 361 hours played on the early access. I think I have the first act down.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

I logged into the beta and only played through character creation and walked around on the ship for a bit. Met some of the other storied characters...

So are people planning on making their own character or using one of the pre-made with story ones?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Jaymann wrote:75% downloaded. Steam says I have 361 hours played on the early access. I think I have the first act down.
:lol:
Covfefe!
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

RMC wrote:I logged into the beta and only played through character creation and walked around on the ship for a bit. Met some of the other storied characters...

So are people planning on making their own character or using one of the pre-made with story ones?
Wondering the same thing. I feel like if I don't use one of the premades I might be missing out on special story elements
Suitably Ironic Moniker

If they follow the same basic gameplay philosophies from the first one, I don't think you'll miss out on anything by building your own character. I built both of my chars from the ground up in Div:OS 1, and they interacted with NPCs and each other quite extensively.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Ok...there was some message or popup saying something about a unique experience with an origins character but you didn't get to use the tag system. Of course I can't find it now to double check what it said exactly

Found this discussion
https://steamcommunity.com/app/435150/d ... 002575751/
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Downloaded and installed. I'm playing as Fane. He's just way too cool to not pick him. If you go with a custom character you miss out on the unique origin story and I don't want to miss his.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
RMC

Post by RMC »

IceBear wrote:Ok...there was some message or popup saying something about a unique experience with an origins character but you didn't get to use the tag system. Of course I can't find it now to double check what it said exactly

Found this discussion
https://steamcommunity.com/app/435150/d ... 002575751/
Yeah, I think that is what I read as well, at work so can't click on that link because Steam BAD at work.
wire

Post by wire »

Nice...the Early Access version updated while I'm still at work and now to prepare myself with being overwhelmed with character creation choices when I get home tonight. I played a bit and never got out of the first area after the boat ride and restarted a few times checking out different main characters. They all seem to have their best class choice based on racial benefits but then almost all RPG games are setup like that so that is the norm.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Yeah, it seems you don't get an origin as a custom character. Somewhat disappointing, as I like to build my own.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Looks like a really really great game. Watched a bunch of their vids and they seem to know and care about what they make. Wish i could get the first one cheap so I could play it and be ready for a sale on this one.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I found it pretty cheap for the PS4 about a year ago. Not $10 cheap, but I think it was around $20. Can probably get it cheaper now.
Black Lives Matter
Tao

Post by Tao »

Very confused hoping someone can clarify. How do you choose an Origin character, do you pick a random character and then get the origin character in game? I am at the character selection screen and even though ORIGIN is selected it's only offering me custom characters???
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Tao wrote:Very confused hoping someone can clarify. How do you choose an Origin character, do you pick a random character and then get the origin character in game? I am at the character selection screen and even though ORIGIN is selected it's only offering me custom characters???
The origin characters are the ones who are named and have the button allowing you to hear their origin. For example, Fane, Lohse, The Red Prince, Beast, etc..
tgb

Post by tgb »

baelthazar wrote:
Tao wrote:Very confused hoping someone can clarify. How do you choose an Origin character, do you pick a random character and then get the origin character in game? I am at the character selection screen and even though ORIGIN is selected it's only offering me custom characters???
The origin characters are the ones who are named and have the button allowing you to hear their origin. For example, Fane, Lohse, The Red Prince, Beast, etc..
I don't have the game yet and haven't followed development closely (so not to be spoiled) but why would you want one?
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Because they come with their own quest line(s), unique conversation choices, and in one instance, a new talent. You don't have to use them, but if you do you get a bit more flavor. You can customize them a bit too. Choose a different class than the default, different skills, etc..
Covfefe!
Tao

Post by Tao »

I did not play during the beta or early access, seems Larian is sticking with the early game "die, reload, die, reload" theme... :grund:
Spoiler:
Void woken Ancient turtle + 2 adds = wipe
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I got out of fort joy after...
Spoiler:
killing Dallis' two pets. Took some major cheese involving barrels blocking the stairs, but 2,900 exp each.
-now almost level 6.

There will be some major butt hurt among the whiners on Steam. Not only did they make every encounter more difficult, they eliminated most of the epics. So far I have only found one. During beta I had epics in nearly every slot.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

I am having severe alt-Itis here. Not only am I having trouble deciding which Origin character to play, but also what starting skills. The Inquisitor seems fun, but obviously is more "evil." I also want to play Fane, but the undead have some challenging disadvantages (does anyone know if the self-heals of the Necromantic line still hurt him). I also like Ifan and Lohse, and would love to do a Paladin like class with warfare and hydro for heals.

So many choices!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Started the 16GB download yesterday, but paused it last night before shutting down. I think I had about 2 hours to go. Logged in this morning and the entire 16GB download started over again. For those that can grab it in 34 seconds, I'm sure that's not a big deal, but now it'll be another 9 hours for me...added to the 6 or 7 I spent yesterday. So yeah...don't stop DLing if you're upgrading from beta. Apparently it doesn't like that.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Smoove_B wrote:Started the 16GB download yesterday, but paused it last night before shutting down. I think I had about 2 hours to go. Logged in this morning and the entire 16GB download started over again. For those that can grab it in 34 seconds, I'm sure that's not a big deal, but now it'll be another 9 hours for me...added to the 6 or 7 I spent yesterday. So yeah...don't stop DLing if you're upgrading from beta. Apparently it doesn't like that.
There was a small patch yesterday, after the launch. My bet would be that they updated the original download file(s), and that triggered Steam to restart the in-progress download from scratch.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
RMC

Post by RMC »

Smoove_B wrote:Started the 16GB download yesterday, but paused it last night before shutting down. I think I had about 2 hours to go. Logged in this morning and the entire 16GB download started over again. For those that can grab it in 34 seconds, I'm sure that's not a big deal, but now it'll be another 9 hours for me...added to the 6 or 7 I spent yesterday. So yeah...don't stop DLing if you're upgrading from beta. Apparently it doesn't like that.
Feel your pain, got home yesterday hoping it was done, as I had told it from the Steam App to download it. But of course Steam so thoughtfully scheduled it for me to download at 3pm.... Right when I was getting home... When everyone will be using the internet.

And 8 hours later it was done. I was sleeping by then, but it was done this morning, with a new update listed as being done as well...
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Pro Tip: Nails are precious, combine them with boots for non-slip boots. I waited until I got some epic boots.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter