[TV] New Star Trek Show in Development?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jeff V

Re: [TV] New Star Trek Show in Development?

Post by Jeff V »

hepcat wrote:Excellent catch, ydejin! That would certainly explain the scene in question.
Jeff V wrote:Spock took a lot of sordid secrets to the grave. One in particular may never be fully explored:
Spoiler:
Fact: Mind-melds are how Hortas get pregnant. The result of Spock's encounter is a new super-smart species called a Vorta that will achieve interstellar space flight and interbreed with the Crystaline Entity.

The more you know!
Cripes, Jeff. Do you REALLY need to post your fan fiction in any thread that even mentions Star Trek? I still remember that series of episodes you wrote that featured a young, good looking ensign named Jeff Vee. In every episode he would end up wrestling someone while half naked.
Half? Where did you get half? :?
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think my mind, in an attempt to withdraw from the horrors at hand, added pants to the scene.
Covfefe!
ydejin

Post by ydejin »

Kasey Chang wrote: Two crazy fan theories
Spoiler:
A. This is a section 31 ship. The guard in front of that room with phaser rifle... was he wearing a BLACK Starfleet badge?

B. This is actually the mirror universe... ?
hepcat wrote:Yeah, I'm leaning towards
Spoiler:
it's section 31...or at least the genesis of that group
A little tidbit that adds credence to your theory:
Spoiler:
USS Discovery’s Registry Number is NCC-1031. See Memory Alpha (although I’ve heard this in other places as well).
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

hepcat wrote:I think my mind, in an attempt to withdraw from the horrors at hand, added pants to the scene.
It was halflings visiting the Gorn pleasure planet. I can see your confusion.
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I never thought I'd see "Gorn" alongside the word "pleasure".
Covfefe!
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Haven't watched past ep 1 yet, so I'll just drop some knowledge on y'all from the latest episode. Ever wonder why in TNG et al, the computers always used symbols and gobbledygook rather than code?

Apparently it's so that people don't notice that Starfleet computers still run Windows, and Stuxnet, no less.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

hepcat wrote:I never thought I'd see "Gorn" alongside the word "pleasure".
And I suppose you thought the Klingons had the final word in violent foreplay?
Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

[TV] New Star Trek Show in Development?

Post by Zarathud »

hepcat wrote:I never thought I'd see "Gorn" alongside the word "pleasure".
See Robot Chicken, Kirk Gets Space Herpes, for the visual version.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I watched Ep4, and I was like... wait a minute...

The parts of the main saucer actually counter-rotates?!?!?!!!!!!!!! WTF does that do?

I rather like the idea that they are continuing to explore the Klingon arc, but it's starting to feel like a soap opera... a little here, a little there.

The final explosion doesn't make that much sense. I guess we're supposed to assume...
Spoiler:
That the klingons kind shot each other down? Or did Discovery leave a mine?
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Kasey Chang wrote:The final explosion doesn't make that much sense. I guess we're supposed to assume...
Spoiler:
That the klingons kind shot each other down? Or did Discovery leave a mine?
It looked like they
Spoiler:
dropped a cluster of mines of some sort just before they jumped out of there
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Not a fan of the spore drive, it just seems silly and contrived; the Klingons are getting more interesting...but I still wish they weren't Klingons, or were at least the Klingons we've come to know over the last few decades; and apparently the writers have no qualms with killing off non-red shirts, this should be interesting. I like the look into the militaristic side of the Feds overall. We knew they had to exist, especially during the Klingon/Federation war.

What I want to see is the quick resolution of that stupid spore drive storyline, more background on Michael's life on Vulcan, the reveal of who/what Lorca really is (he's definitely got a past...and a dark one at that), and for Cadet Tilly to discover accutane.
Covfefe!
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Oh, the spore drive arc is gonna end pretty quickly, even as we see the next episode's teaser.
Spoiler:
I'll betcha the little beastie croaks after eeeking out one last jump to save Lorca's ass.
Speaking of which, is that Mudd we see in the teaser?
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That was EXACTLY what I was thinking when I saw that. :lol:
Covfefe!
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yep, agreed on all points. Actually, as far as the Klingons go, I'm still not comfortable with them and the changes they made. The thing is, being that they're boring Klingons, makes me care less for what happens to them, which is pretty bad for what are supposed to be main antagonists. I blame that partly on the technical issues, and the writing. Now, I know you said you thought it was a stylistic choice, but good actors should be able to disappear into the roles they play, but the prosthetics hamper their acting abilities, which in turn makes it difficult for me and others to connect with them. They could have found a better way to achieve similar results without hampering them. And the writing for their arc is just not very good. They still feel like a generic sci-fi trope.

I really wish they wouldn't focus so much on Burnham. It has the effect of not making the rest of the cast feel equal. There are still a lot of people on the crew that are on the bridge that we have no idea about, like say, that officer on the bridge that looks like a possible Borg ala Seven? What the heck is up with that?

But I have to say, that finally this episode has the crew feeling like an actual crew, and it actually made me smile at times. But it took 4 episodes to get to this point, which is too long. In fact, taking this long for Burnham to become part of the crew feels like they've dragged it out too much.

Apparently the 3rd episode was supposed to be a second pilot, but I wouldn't have made it one, given the tone that the episode has. I mean, if their intention is to drive people away, then sure. But Episode 4 actually feels more like it could have been a pilot.

But yeah, the Spore drive thing. It's like the writers were struggling to come up with something that would evoke wonder and came up with this, which really does feel contrived. It also sticks out more knowing TOS is 10 years around the corner. This whole series actually feels full of contrivances, and if you look past that, the series is really kind of shallow.

Yes, we need to know more of Burnham's past. Definitely agree there. In fact, it's frustrating that for a supposedly character-driven show, that the characters are paper-thin. And again, I feel that's partly due to the lack of it being an ensemble cast. If it were, we'd also be learning about the others as much as we're learning about her.

They want to focus on her as a character who's not a Captain, but rather an officer. Which is fine seeing a Lowerdecks scenario would have been fun. But they could have also introduced other officers at her level to offer her more interaction and character development while following them around also.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Little Raven wrote:
McNutt wrote:I have no idea how the first officer is going to still have a career. No matter what she does after this, she still attempted a mutiny. Unforgivable.
I suspect she's about to be recruited into Section 31. Or something of that nature.
Yep, that seems to be the case.

It kind of interesting, and fresh, to make the show about the utilitarian behind-the-scenes shadow organisation who does all the immoral stuff that "needs to be done"... I guess Trek purists resent the fact that the protagonist and crew are basically villains who take a "greater good" approach to ethics, but it makes for a good base to comment on current events. Which all strong Trek shows and movies have tried to do, IMO.

One of the weaknesses of the show Enterprise, and even Voyager, was that it didn't really do this. It was just the same old Trek, with no new ideas. While Voyager had some strong episodes, the concept started to show its age.

I'm not sure a modern Trek needs to be super-gritty or anything, but it needs a new idea. This might be the thing that Trek needs to survive as a franchise.

Isn't there even a link between Section 31 and the time-cop-organisation that shows up in the later shows (the one with Kurtwood Smith's character)? If they link them together, there's an opportunity to mess around with the whole Kelvin timeline (JJ Abrahms-verse) and the concept of time-travel as a theme for the show. Which would be neat, since that's a huge weakness in the franchise right now - nothing matters since everything can just get rebooted by time travel whenever the writers have written themselves into a corner.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Oh, and re: the new Klingon look - it's pretty well telegraphed that these are "purist" Klingons, religious fanatics, maybe even the members of some original Klingon species (Aryans, sort of). If the writers are worth their salt, they will continue to explore the dramatic poles of "purity" vs "impurity" themes, for example through a storyline about the Klingon blood being diluted, perhaps through interracial marriage (giving us the TNG style Klingons). Which also brings us into the realm of social commentary about racism and nativism, as well as nihilism vs traditional values (are these Klingons even the bad guys? Because it seems to me the Discovery crew aren't the good guys).

The Trek universe already allows for inter-species hybrids (Spock!), so to think of these new Klingons as merely one subset of the Klingon species make perfect sense to me.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Lagom Lite wrote:
The Trek universe already allows for inter-species hybrids (Spock!), so to think of these new Klingons as merely one subset of the Klingon species make perfect sense to me.
I mentioned that earlier as it was hinted at in an interview with Fuller (who left the show a while back). Let's just hope they do go with that eventually.
Covfefe!
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

The problem with that idea though is that the Klingon side of things has developed very slowly. We're almost already halfway through the season at this point, so unless they pull a rabbit out of their hat, I doubt anything like that will happen. I also don't think the writers have been clever enough so far to be able to pull it off.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I wasn't aware that Discovery was getting an 86 percent from critics on Rotten Tomatoes. Although it is getting a lower 60 percent from audiences.

I'd probably give it a 70 percent right now.
Covfefe!
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Wasn't there that time travelling episode of Deep Space 9 where they were in the tribble episode of TOS and they were asking Worf how come the Klingons look like that and he said he didn't want to talk about it. I'm expecting something like that
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

They went even further in an episode of Enterprise.
Covfefe!
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

IceBear wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:14 am Wasn't there that time travelling episode of Deep Space 9 where they were in the tribble episode of TOS and they were asking Worf how come the Klingons look like that and he said he didn't want to talk about it. I'm expecting something like that
Shhhh, they don't like talking about it with outsiders!

Anyway, apparently all this is going to throw that out the window.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I am more interested in how much of John M Ford's "The Final Reflection" (novel about Klingons before TNG came along) will be canonized, as "Black Fleet" already is.
ydejin

Post by ydejin »

hepcat wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:29 pm I wasn't aware that Discovery was getting an 86 percent from critics on Rotten Tomatoes. Although it is getting a lower 60 percent from audiences.
An awful lot of that is salt from people who are unhappy with having to pay to watch Star Trek. There’s also a bit of salt from Trump supporters who aren’t very happy about the very obvious equivalency of “Make Kronos Great Again”. (I’m not to thrilled about the Klingons either, but not because of the Trump connection.). Probably 50% of the people complaining haven’t even seen the show and Rotten Tomatoes has no way to check.
I'd probably give it a 70 percent right now.
I’d give it something in the low 80s. I’m not happy with the lack of optimistic tone (although the show runners keep claiming we’re going to get there). And I like my Starfleet officers to get along and support each other. However, I love have a connected storyline that builds on itself, and while I have quibbles about some of the story elements, compared to TNG Season 1 (which was chock full of awful episodes) Discovery S1 is pretty amazing.
D.A.Lewis

Post by D.A.Lewis »

I'm waiting for the first part of the season to complete and then I will get CBS all access and binge watch and then stop the service after a month.

However, can you people tell me if CBS all access is like Hulu and keeps all the old shows available for viewing?

Just went to the web site and I see they have episodes 2, 3 and 4 available for viewing. I hope they don't just put up the last three episodes (ala free Hulu) or I will have to wait for the season to appear on DVD.
AKA: Dajjer
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Okaaaaaaay, what the HELL was that? I think this show just jumped the shark. Stemmets injecting himself with Tardigrade DNA? Are you kidding me? That's the lamest bit of writing I've ever seen in a Trek show. I cannot take this show seriously anymore. It wants to be grown-up Trek, yet it can't even make some half-decent science-fiction. On top of that, I feel the show is too violent for Trek (Seriously, there have been more brawls than phaser fights so far), and because of the focus on Burnham, it seems at every turn, they blame her for everything going wrong. And any conversations with the crew feel so one-sided, ie she's a mutineer, so she's obviously immediately wrong on all counts when giving advice and observations. Yay for teamwork! And LOL at the two F-bombs. It seemed to try hard to be cool, but that was just... lame. And for those not watching, yes, they did actually drop them.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I had the opposite feeling. This episode is about sacrifice, and the dream sequence at the beginning was EXACTLY the foreshadow what Stamets will do to resolve the situation, and since Burnham wasn't in engineering, and Stamets is the kind of egotistical maniac that'd do it, it's the LOGICAL choice.

I just find it stupid to have the captain and the rest rush into Aux Bay One instead of initiating transport to sickbay. We know they can beam the tardigrade into the chamber, so they can beam him out.

Oh, about the combat... I like the way the disruptor bolts have a bit of a spread to them, and the corona flash broiled the face. Though I think the way the just keep jumping out the alcoves to surprise the folks was just being stupid. Personally, I'd start dual-wielding and do John Woo gun-fu. :D

The treknologist in me have a slight problem with the designation. I'd thought 10 years before TOS, they'd be on D5 or D6, not D7, esp. when D7 is supposed to be a match to the later Constitution-class, right? But hey, they write the canon, not me.

As for whether Burnham is wrong or not... I personally think they covered that arc pretty well. Saru is trying to channel ruthlessness, and he's overcompensating.

The ending development was somewhat of a surprise. I wonder if we'll see that again, if it can do that sort of thing? And what are the long-term implications? Are they going to ask for a volunteer every time? Or will they treknobabble their way out of the next one?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rumpy wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:04 am And LOL at the two F-bombs. It seemed to try hard to be cool, but that was just... lame. And for those not watching, yes, they did actually drop them.
Was it used when referring to a 20th century car rental business by any chance?
Covfefe!
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Kasey Chang wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:21 am As for whether Burnham is wrong or not... I personally think they covered that arc pretty well. Saru is trying to channel ruthlessness, and he's overcompensating.

Oh, I know. But let me put it this way. My reaction is partly due to the way it was built up over the past few episodes. For me, the conclusions weren't satisfying, but rather instead showed the flaws in the way the writers were thinking and the way they've structured the show with Burnham as main character. And it wasn't just Saru as well, but Stammetts too. If there was something wrong, they'd blame it on her. The conclusions had the effect of it all coming crashing down. I just had such a visceral reaction to this episode because of a number of things that rubbed me the wrong way.
I had the opposite feeling. This episode is about sacrifice, and the dream sequence at the beginning was EXACTLY the foreshadow what Stamets will do to resolve the situation, and since Burnham wasn't in engineering, and Stamets is the kind of egotistical maniac that'd do it, it's the LOGICAL choice.
It might have been, but that still doesn't dispute the fact that it was weak writing. There was just too much it and it all came to a boil.
hepcat wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:52 am Was it used when referring to a 20th century car rental business by any chance?
Yes.

No, actually it was actually an unusual moment of levity in the series where they exclaimed how cool science was. Tilly was the first to say it, then apologized, then Stammets reaffirmed her. "No, you're right, science is fucking cool". On any other day, I'd welcome that, but here it just felt out of place being that it's Trek, and it ended up feeling rather forced.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

Are we in agreement that this MAY be a Star Trek show, but there is no way this is a prequel to TOS?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Oh you did not just change the entire look of a D-7, Discovery!?

You’ve gone too far. Too far, I tell you! :shhh:
Covfefe!
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Ep5 is extremely divisive among fans online, some said "with this episode, Star Trek has lost its soul". I think there's a much longer arc at work.
Spoiler:
IMHO, by the end of the series, Klingons and Federation will come to a grudging understanding of each other, and no open war will be needed.
to resolve problems. The question is how many will have to die for that to come about?
I've also had a friend who's telling me crazy theories, some are just so ridiculous I just smile and shake my head.
Spoiler:
He was trying to convince me that Georgiou isn't dead and would be a prisoner on the Klingon ship.
:doh: :naughty:
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Well, it seems a common theory at a Trek board I visit seems to think that...
Spoiler:
The guy that was rescued aboard the Klingon ship is really Voq in disguise, seeing as he was seen reading the crew roster in Episode 4.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
sgoldj

Post by sgoldj »

If this indeed a prequel, then the conflict goes cold.with the Organians.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Jeebus! I just realized who Shazad Latif (Ash from the last episode) is! It's Clem Fandango! :shock:
Covfefe!
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Rumpy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:47 am Well, it seems a common theory at a Trek board I visit seems to think that...
Spoiler:
The guy that was rescued aboard the Klingon ship is really Voq in disguise, seeing as he was seen reading the crew roster in Episode 4.
I heard that one too. To which I throw out a horrible writing
Spoiler:
Why didn't the crew initiate self destruct before abandoning ship?
As for the rumor itself...
Spoiler:
It's way too early for Voq to have reached the Matriarch's planet and "lose everything". However, I think he WILL show up one day, with Mudd, as a different sort of Klingon (like the agent in Trouble with Tribbles)
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah...
Spoiler:
I'm not so sure I buy that rumour, but if true, he could still be sowing the seeds being that it's a bit early. Either way, he's probably going to become someone important.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Finally got around to watching the first two episodes with Mrs. Nym. I've avoided most spoilers and pre-release hype.

Some thoughts with spoilers for episodes 1 and 2 (don't know if I need to tag these at this point, but don't want to read the whole thread to figure it out and risk spoiling myself):
Spoiler:

- Sonequa Martin-Green is fantastic. I don't really know her (stopped watching Walking Dead around season 4; will return to it at some point), but was initially hesitant at her casting. I had no reason to be. (I wasn't hesitant to have a female main character who also isn't the captain/leader--I think that was probably the best idea they had. I just didn't think/remember much of Martin-Green from WD.) Not sure if I buy her as being raised by Sarek yet. And as good a fit as James Frain seems to be, I'm somewhat weary of the role being recast.

- The opening titles/theme... I like it, but it doesn't feel like Star Trek outside of the shared motif elements. It feels like... James Horner. Again, not a bad thing. And, of course, he wrote the scores for Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock. But this doesn't feel like that James Horner... it feels like A Beautiful Mind/Bicentennial Man James Horner. Which again, isn't bad. And I guess really nails the emotional, "wonder" aspect. It's just jarring. And so is the parchment-coloured titles background. I like that they're doing something different. But it might be too bold to ditch the star field.

- For how well the title theme evokes "discovery", these opening episodes sure don't. What the hell? I don't think I'd say I "disliked" them, but we were pretty much trapped on the bridge for 90 minutes outside of the opening and later green screen sojourn. Wait--did I just somehow watch the season finale out of order?

- They do feel very cinematic in scope though, and I hope that holds up and isn't just first-episode syndrome as in earlier Trek series. Pretty sure it's not, since this is no longer the network television era. But on that note, what's with the 40-minute episodes? Are these being cut to go to air later? Way to take advantage of the medium. Also, I wish I'd known these eps were clearly a two-parter, because we actually watched them on different days and the break was hella abrupt.

- In terms of tone, it's initially far from ideal for Trek, but I would have greatly preferred this to J.J.-verse. (That said, I would probably prefer Friends to the J.J.-verse, and I despise Friends.)

- Undecided on the Klingons. They're Klingon-ish. They keep referencing Klingon things. (Except the "Black Fleet", what the hell? I just read it was previously a non-canon thing, but that came out of nowhere and sounds like a bad viking metal concept album.) But it's too soon to say whether this is a positive re-imagining. I'm rather amused they seem even less traditional than J.J.'s Kelvin Klingons. But they definitely feel very alien, which in general is a tremendously positive sign for the series IMO. Those costumes may be trying a little too hard to ride the line between retro Trek and this modernization. You look like a Christmas tree ornament, dude.

- Seeing Michael's battle-dazed colleague sucked out of the ruptured hull actually had some emotional heft. It could have had far more had we had an episode or three to get to know him. (A certain scene in season one of The Expanse come to mind.)

- Bummed Tol'vir or whatever his name is bought it at the end. Was really hoping he'd be around for the season. Though I'm sure a more relatable Klingon nemesis is about to step in. Almost certainly that guy who blew him off at the holo-gathering. Albino-dude had better stick around and become someone awesome.

- In retrospect, weren't the earlier series clever to give us alien names that were as exotic-sounding as they were easy to remember? I bet anyone could recall the names of Worf, Data, Odo, or Quark after the first episode. Honourable mention for Phlox, though by point it was close to self-parody. (I was going to give Voyager some love and list Neelix, but then I couldn't think of his name until "Tuvix" popped into my head and I actually thought that was the regular character's name for a minute....)

- Tall scaredy-alien seems interesting, but he's just going to be annoying and underdeveloped, isn't he? (You know, like almost the entire cast of Enterprise.)

- Michelle Yeoh is great, and I didn't mind her swift exit, but I didn't buy her relationship with Martin-Green. Needed a season rather than just an opening episode. And that was a conscious choice on her part to smoke Tevye after he iced Yeoh's character, right? Seemed pretty hypocritical after her speech about the importance of capturing him. I get logic vs. emotion is going to be a recurring theme for her, but that was a bit on the nose.

- In all, I'm quite concerned. But I have faith in Martin-Green, even if I'm not so sure of her character. Isn't it kind of ironic that Spock was conceived as half human to be more relatable, while Michael Collins (or whatever her name is) is essentially the inverse in an apparent attempt to tie her to Star Trek's legacy, 50 years later? I appreciate the attempt at contrast, at least.

- It's still better than Enterprise. (And J.J.'s Teen Trek, but that didn't need to be said.)

Edit: I feel the need to defend my dig at Enterprise. In my mind, Enterprise's problem is that it was born of the growing pains between the episodic network television era and serial storytelling. In the end it was just a weakly plotted rehash of classic TOS/TNG that jumped onto the serial bandwagon too late. Perhaps if it had lasted another couple of seasons it would have redeemed itself. But boy, if you thought Voyager veered into self-parody at times.... At least it was internally consistent, being firmly grounded in the network era. As for character development, there was more of it in one episode of DS9 than there was in a season of Enterprise. That is, unless you belonged to the holy trinity. But even then, mushy-moralled Archer failed to impress compared to his forebears. (And I adore Bakula. It was the writing of his character that was the problem.)

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
ydejin

Post by ydejin »

Fireball

Post by Fireball »

Kasey Chang wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:21 am The treknologist in me have a slight problem with the designation. I'd thought 10 years before TOS, they'd be on D5 or D6, not D7, esp. when D7 is supposed to be a match to the later Constitution-class, right? But hey, they write the canon, not me.
Technically, the Enterprise is 12 years old at this point in the timeline, so the Discovery is actually a newer ship.
Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:17 am
Zarathud: The sad thing is that Barak Obama is a very intelligent and articulate person, even when you disagree with his views it's clear that he's very thoughtful. I would have loved to see Obama in a real debate.
Me: Wait 12 years, when he runs for president. :-)