Razer is ignoring my emails

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Razer is ignoring my emails

Post by Daehawk »

Wife got me an expensive Razer keyboard a few years ago for Christmas when we had some money to spare for a nice KB. The next year a few keys became loose and would fall off easy. I wrote Razer and they called me and actually sent me replacement keys.

This year there are even more loose keys...most actually. Its a known thing according to them. $180 KBs should not have loose and bad keys. So Ive emailed them again. In fact Ive emailed them 5 times this year and not a single reply...no email no phone call.

So next on my list is calling them and seeing what they will do. My guess is they'll claim out of warranty. If so I am done with Razer. Ive loved my KB..loved it. Still do. Its a simple keycap problem. But with them seemingly refusing to want to do anything Im left wit ha bad taste in my mouth. Never again with them or expensive parts. Even if I could I wouldn't.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Re: Razer is ignoring my emails

Post by Daehawk »

Called them. Out of warranty and they dont have them anyways. All they could tell me is any keycap that fits MX switches will fit theirs.

SO now I dont know what you call the ones that the LED will glow through and as i can tell keycaps cost $30+ a set. Guess Ill use mine and get a cheaper kb next go.

I got a laugh though. If you have a warranty they will do anything they can to avoid sending you something. But like this time Im out of warranty she tells me they could replace the entire KB if I had the warranty. I laughed.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I paid $18 for a Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard back in 2010; still using it today. I cannot fathom what type of product I'd be expecting for $180. Does it have an MP3 player in it? Air freshener? Coffee warmer?

EDIT: Same keyboard is currently going for $500 now on Amazon. I'm thinking I should trade in and get a return on my $18 investment.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

my Razer mouse broke waaay too early in its lifespan (but out of warranty). along with the other stories i've heard of their shoddy quality, i am disinclined to purchase anything they make again - overpriced and under-engineered.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yup. I had a Razer Death Adder that lasted about a year, maybe less. I'm not a power user in any capacity and I had problems with sticking buttons. Meanwhile my 10 year old Logitech old man wired mouse still works perfectly. Pretty sure that was under $20 too.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm probably one of the aforementioned stories. I was the one who bought a mouse, had the clicker go out (known issue), contacted support under warranty, received a replacement that was defective with a second (known) issue, contacted support and received a second replacement that again had the first issue, then contacted support and received a third replacement that I never bothered to plug in, along with an accusation of being a thief and being informed that they would no longer honor the warranty.

Oh, and I did pull that fourth mouse out of the drawer a year or so ago for my son. It lasted just a few months before showing the initial issue that started the whole thing.

So four defective mice out of four, plus being called a thief for complaining. Razer can go (#@#*! themselves if they think I'll ever buy from them, recommend them, or not go out of my way to explain to prospective customers why they also shouldn't buy Razer.

Do yourself a favor. Shop Corsair for mice and keyboards.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Alas, you were simply deluding yourself if you thought spending the better part of $200 on a Razer keyboard would prompt them into providing out-of-warranty hardware support and service; that's clearly not how they roll.

There are mechanical keyboard companies willing to stand behind their products for a more extended period (e.g. daskeyboard provides a 3-year guarantee on their products), but Razer certainly ain't one of 'em; caveat emptor.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Blackhawk wrote:I'm probably one of the aforementioned stories. I was the one who bought a mouse, had the clicker go out (known issue), contacted support under warranty, received a replacement that was defective with a second (known) issue, contacted support and received a second replacement that again had the first issue, then contacted support and received a third replacement that I never bothered to plug in, along with an accusation of being a thief and being informed that they would no longer honor the warranty.

Oh, and I did pull that fourth mouse out of the drawer a year or so ago for my son. It lasted just a few months before showing the initial issue that started the whole thing.

So four defective mice out of four, plus being called a thief for complaining. Razer can go (#@#*! themselves if they think I'll ever buy from them, recommend them, or not go out of my way to explain to prospective customers why they also shouldn't buy Razer.

Do yourself a favor. Shop Corsair for mice and keyboards.
I'm not going to bash Razer because I've had a lot of great Razer products. However I highly recommend Corsair keyboards. I have a Corsair mechanical keyboard with Cherry Red switches and it is pure joy to use. It feels as solid as a tank and the keys are very crisp. Much more so than the Razer keyboard I returned.