The Parasite -GAME OVER-Town wins

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Moliere

Re: The Parasite -Day 3

Post by Moliere »

Depends on BB's use of iocane powder.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I'd pick you Moliere then I'd Scoop you.

:twisted:
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Vorret wrote:I'd pick you Moliere then I'd Scoop you.

:twisted:
Just share your maple syrup first, eh?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

GAH! Seriously??? I was sure it was archinerd. What am I missing this game? First Newcastle, then doubting Grund after he rubbed out noses in it over and over. I never saw the push on bb2112. I know this isn't my worst game ever but I absolutely can't get a read on anyone. I feel your pain punisher.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

The crowd gathers the next morning and were a bit shocked to find Holman was missing. You knew he would be a prime target but you figured he would be able to take care of himself. Scoop runs off to check and returns later with a large plastic bag. "Found this."

He dumps the bag out and Holman's head bounces and rolls toward Unagi's feet. "Dude! What the hell? Why?"

"Thought you'd like proof that he was dead." Scoop shrugs his shoulders.

"You could have just told us! I just don't get you." Moliere shouts out.

There is still a parasite among you.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Day 4
Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Vorret----------
2 Scoop----------
3 Punisher-------
4 Unagi-----------
5 Remus West---
6 Moliere--------
Targets ----------- Voters
( )--- ---
( )--- ---
( )--- ---
( )--- ---
( )--- ---
( )--- ---

Deaths
Newcastle--- Peace Out
El Guapo----- Salsaed
Zarathud----- slimed
BB2112------ Double pumped
RMC-------- crispy
Grundbegriff-- stomped
Archinerd----- gassed
Holman------ No Head for you

Majority = 4
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I wonder what the final parasite's power is? I'm pretty sure we are all out.

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Holman wrote::binky: :pop: :binky:
Good job on using your powers first. :clap:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Obvious night result...
Isgrimnur wrote:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'll just be hanging in the wings, curious what everyone's "play" is today.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Unagi wrote:Sorry Archinerd. you had some bad grouping with Grund there, IMO.
But still, sorry.... I really felt you were wolfish there, but no.

Remus. that's enough outa you.

Tomorrow, I believe our majority will need 4.

Gonna tell you all right now, I'm putting my vote on Remus and it's not moving.
???
Isgrimnur wrote:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Vorret wrote:
Unagi wrote:Sorry Archinerd. you had some bad grouping with Grund there, IMO.
But still, sorry.... I really felt you were wolfish there, but no.

Remus. that's enough outa you.

Tomorrow, I believe our majority will need 4.

Gonna tell you all right now, I'm putting my vote on Remus and it's not moving.
???
While I may indeed go back to this eventually ... (mainly because I just can't fathom Remus NEVER thinking he should re-think his Day-1 analysis) - - I am, unlike Remus, trying to see if I've made a mistake in my long held convictions.
(revision: after I wrote this entire post, and re-read that this was how I started my reply.... <spoiler alert> - I end up more-or-less giving up on the Remus thing.)

BB2112 is a seriously great player. I was the one that championed the idea of making him our 'day 1 convert' in the other game.
I could see him picking Grund and Remus as partners. Very much so. And YET - I have 'good-guy to good-guy' locked-horns with Remus quite a few times in the past, that I'm haunted by that.
That Remus isn't considering this, is one of the points that helps get me past that haunting... But still, I have it.

However, I have doubts (always, btw, even when I push hard, I do that cause you all are ninnies :ugeek: ).

Remus West: He has played a weird one-sided game. Very Weird. Very One Sided. Very annoying. Very Wolfy... Go read the game where he was honestly Good and hunting Unagi (who WAS a wolf, and had pushed to lynch Scoop) - Go read that and try and compare that Remus to this Remus.... Personally, I lived it, and this is like the Inverse of that experience to me, and hence - I am very much drawn to thinking Remus is a wolf. Additionally, I think that the wolves loved that Day-1. I think they loved that Unagi came out strong against Scoop. I think they wanted to lynch Scoop - then blame it on Unagi. But Remus could have been a doop. They could have LOVED that Remus came down hard on my Day-1 Scoop accusations, and LOVED how that would look on Remus... Would the wolves have loved to do that to a Partner Remus? That's what has me confounded. It seems Very Odd, for BB2112 to have declared his wish to lynch me, along with Remus, and then for Grund to have joined those 2 'Wolves'... It's jut too 'flattering' for me to think that all 3 wolves wanted me to be killed on Day 1, and were willing to be the 3 players on my train... But then I wonder if Remus was indeed busy, and they actually wanted to give Remus cover or something... I have a lot of angles I worry about.

I lean toward Grund and BB2112 trying to have Remus catch heat for this... because if not, their plan was not just for Remus to 'catch heat' for it, but to embrace it and carry it all the way until the last day. Seems pretty far fetched. SO. I am more or less inclined to just give up on this Remus thing - and if he ends up being a wolf saying "YES, I KNOW, but I just couldn't believe it was THAT EASY"... and live with it... (and also gloat that they found me to be such an enormous threat...)

So. I'm done. Done with Remus... And so "potential" Congrats to a wolf-Remus if that's what we have. I think 1 other person has mentioned you...maybe... Holman gave you a big ride/pass (and I've been entirely in line with him this game...)
I find it weird, frankly, that hardly anyone has dialed into your play as 'sub-par', if nothing else (where as I have felt that was a tell).... but - whatever, I have no shame in the masses dismissing you the whole game, and me moving on....

---

and so, I am going to wait an see what everyone else does and then play...
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Gotcha, bit late, too much hockey, will evaluate the last few pages tomorrow AM
Isgrimnur wrote:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

someone will need to step up with an intervention here, if they think I'm dropping the ball on Remus...
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I thought we had the game in the bag and I’m wrong yet again. Neither bb2112 or Grund actually gave much away and had limited interactions with others.

Bb2112, Grund, Remus - Yes possible

Bb2112, Grund, Unagi - possible

I need to reread Grund vs Unagi. This is a tough one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote:I need to reread Grund vs Unagi. This is a tough one.
Go for it.
If you can re-read the interaction between Grund and me, and see how I bring Grund back from where everyone dropped their votes on him, etc... have at it. (granted, Holman shot him before that 2nd train could build beyond Holman and I)...
But, more so - I don't think I could pull off that kind of easy back-n-forth with Grund in a 'fake em out' thing (does that even ever really even happen beyond a small back-n-forth?)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop:
If Scoop is a Wolf... well... both Remus and I do not feel he is, so I am not alone to blame. :ninja:
If Scoop is a Wolf - I think a good number of other dead-humans also felt he was human... again - making me less to blame.
Over the course of the game, most especially After the BB2112 exploded... Scoop lost his "50% zerker" ranking and dropped to a mostly "99% Human" ranking (IMO, and others, but not all).
It's Scoop - so, yeah.. it could be Wolf-Scoop still (and I lynched Archinerd partly on his hanging on to that... so - yeah - it's annoying me still...) but game just doesn't have the feel of Wolf-Scoop to me.

So, IMO, if Scoop is a wolf, he's done a pretty good job hiding it while Grund and I went at it, and then just this whole time while I started listing him as 'almost certainly good' and Remus has been declaring him "good" since the start... I just feel I would have seen some other behavior from Scoop if he was a wolf fooling us all, and seeming to mock Grund (if he were a wolf)... Plus... Who 'picks Zerker' and then picks Scoop as a partner to select from the remaining roles. (besides a god-damn-genius, who deserves to win!)

So, I just don't think Scoop is a wolf. (actually a number of other reasons I wont go into, as well).
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Unagi wrote:and so, I am going to wait an see what everyone else does and then play...
yeah yeah yeah, whatever.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote:

El Guapo----- Salsaed
I've always been the most bothered by El Guapo's manner of death. Just. :hand:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Vorret:
Bb2112 never once even brought up Vorret. That can count for or against Vorret.
Grund never once even brought up Vorret. That can count for or against Vorret.

That both Bb2112 and Grund never once brought Vorret up at all?
IMO, it's just not likely that one of them wouldn't have made even the slightest comment on a partner (most likely to 'slander them')...

There are actually a lot of things that have me feeling Vorret is not a wolf, but I will just point out the above for now.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Punisher:
Bb2112 never once mentioned him. (aside from a call out to Holman, Unagi, and Punisher for votes to be placed)
Grund... Well, Grund and Punisher had actually a little interaction... Once, Grund is neutral/playful with him over agreeing with Punisher's assessments of other players (and how Punisher mentioned it should actually be read '180 degrees') , and then once later, with Grund listing Punisher as potentially 'silent/deadly' ) Punisher addresses that accusation pretty casually, and in that interaction Scoop comes into play and accuses Punisher (kinda a mis-fire, I think - as I didn't follow why he did it) - but in the mix of it all, if you re-read from my link, Punisher handles Grund and Scoop in just about the same exact tone in rapid succession. He comes across in both interactions with Grund and Scoop in the same manner. This (IMO) makes Punisher look to be NOT partnered with Grund (nor Scoop for that matter), it makes Grund's quasi-accusation on Punisher a modest wolf-play. Eventually, Grund gave Punisher a 'pat on the head', and it just doesn't sound like something a partner would do to someone he's conniving with:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Punisher wrote:It was merely a response to your silent comment. In all my games I have been silent comparteds to most. Since this is your first game with me I was just making sure you were aware that it was normal for me.
Welcome to the fold. Any rumors you've heard about me are untrue, whatever their take.
You should consider me uninfected because I am.
Well feigned!
Just not entirely feeling like a wolf to me...
Yes. He's been pretty quiet. His convictions... he seems to want to also hedge against them with a 'but I'm always wrong - so how about I pick a good-guy.' Of course, that's perhaps just him talking about it all, and not a tool for future deflection of blame...

On balance, I'm still leaning that Punisher isn't a wolf.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Moliere... I'll need to get to you in the morning... must sleep.
Spoiler:
I'm leaning Moliere
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Moliere:

bb2112 put some heat on Moliere on day 1. Scoop and Newcastle were the main targets, but bb2112 put his vote on moliere.

If Scoop is good, here is a point where Scoop had 5 votes, and we know 4 were human - if Moliere was human - then there wasn't a wolf on his vote? Hard to see that. (I was on this vote earlier but got off quickly)
Lassr wrote: Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Newcastle----- scoop
2 Vorret---------- moliere
3 Holman--------
4 BB2112--------- Moliere
5 Scoop---------- Newcastle
6 Archinerd----- scoop
7 El Guapo------- scoop
8 Zarathud------- scoop
9 Punisher-------
10 Unagi-----------
11 Remus West--- Unagi
12 RMC------------ BB2112
13 Grundbegriff--
14 Moliere-------- Scoop
( Scoop---------- 5 )--- Moliere --- Newcastle --- Zarathud --- El Guapo --- Archinerd
( BB2112--------- 1 )--- RMC
( Moliere-------- 2 )--- BB2112 --- Vorret
( Unagi----------- 1 )--- Remus West
( )---
( Newcastle----- 1 )--- Scoop

Deaths

Majority = 8
Eventually moliere places the final vote on bb2112, boom and somewhere in that zerk' and the night kill, we all think killed our Seer. I think the wolves were ok with the zerker going of when he did. Grund, after all, backed it up as well.

Later (the next day) - Grund is under-gun, and we see some interaction where Moliere engages Grund's "wolf sightings" posts. (He had past on Grund at N-1, wanting to let Grund post)

Moliere has been on my list for most of the game (as has Remus).

I will go with Moliere today, I believe.

Moliere 

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

OK. So I agree that Unagi did try to restart the bandwagon against Grund. I also agree that punisher doesn't seem to be nervous. Just more confused like me.

The evidence against vorret is interesting.

However I'm leaning Remus right now.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote:The evidence against vorret is interesting.
Did I present evidence against vorret?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

my point was that if Vorret was Grund/bb2112's partner - they would have said something to him at least once, and at least once put some dirt on him... they didn't.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I've been squeaky clean all game I'm not even sure I even got a vote on me at any point in the game, that's a first for me haha
Isgrimnur wrote:
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I have 3 goods in my eyes. Sccop, Moliere, and Remus. I am also waffling with unagi being wolf/good.. the huge amount of posts seem odd and suspicious. but, I am still trusting my reverse spider sense. At the point though, I would lean towards remus or moliere as my vote. I think enough people think that Scoop is good at this point for me to keep him off the radar...

I flipped a coin
 Moliere 

This is subject to change.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

The way I read it you seemed to imply both Bb2112 and Grund were careful to not implicate Vorret.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

For now I’ve ruled out Punisher and Unagi. Second level rule out is Vorret.

I’d like to hear from Remus on who is suspects.

I’m leaning on voting for Moliere but it feels too easy.

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'm back! Nate drove me home a day early.

Day 4
1 Vorret----------
2 Holman--------
3 Scoop----------
4 Punisher------- Moliere
5 Unagi----------- Moliere
6 Remus West---
7 Moliere--------
( Moliere-------- 2 )--- Unagi --- Punisher
( )--- ---
( )--- ---
( )--- ---
( )--- ---
( )--- ---

Deaths
Newcastle--- Peace Out
El Guapo----- Salsaed
Zarathud----- slimed
RMC-------- crispy
Grundbegriff-- stomped
Archinerd----- gassed
Holman-------- No head for you

Majority = 4
Last edited by Lassr on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus, if you could chime in please?

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

:binky: :binky:
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Punisher wrote:I have 3 goods in my eyes. Sccop, Moliere, and Remus. I am also waffling with unagi being wolf/good.. the huge amount of posts seem odd and suspicious. but, I am still trusting my reverse spider sense. At the point though, I would lean towards remus or moliere as my vote.

I flipped a coin
 Moliere 

In my experience wolves who offer up their list of suspects will always include a wolf in the list and then vote for someone else on their list. This way if the wolf is found out they can go back and show how they had always suspected that person. You have changed that by listing "3 goods" and then saying how you are leaning towards 2 out of those 3. Interesting.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Moliere wrote:
Punisher wrote:I have 3 goods in my eyes. Sccop, Moliere, and Remus. I am also waffling with unagi being wolf/good.. the huge amount of posts seem odd and suspicious. but, I am still trusting my reverse spider sense. At the point though, I would lean towards remus or moliere as my vote.

I flipped a coin
 Moliere 

In my experience wolves who offer up their list of suspects will always include a wolf in the list and then vote for someone else on their list. This way if the wolf is found out they can go back and show how they had always suspected that person. You have changed that by listing "3 goods" and then saying how you are leaning towards 2 out of those 3. Interesting.
The main reason for skipping scoop is because other people have convinced me that he is probably good.
Also, nobody at this point can be a wolf AND put a wolf on their list.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Hopefully, we can hear from Remus soon but in the mean time

Accuse Moliere 

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:Hopefully, we can hear from Remus soon but in the mean time

Accuse Moliere 

Yeah, I'm trying but I'm also buried at work and can only grab a minute or two at a time which just is not enough to go back far enough to regain a handle on my thoughts for this game. I still think Unagi is playing us with the only hesitation being both Grund and bb on that vote alone with me but even there I wonder if they would decide they would look good if they piled on one of their own. I'm reluctant to vote there before going and looking at the possible parasite roles to determine which role they may have been giving up on if that is the case. Other than that and my feeling that your day 1 play screams villager I haven't seen enough from you to change my mind there or from anyone else to form an opinion on them.

If you need to lynch me I would prefer today rather than tomorrow so that I'm not the last miss. I totally understand though if you all need me gone as I am not contributing to the village effort right now. Sorry.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

We have to think like BB ... who's BB? Anyone has a biography, memoirs... something we can use?
Isgrimnur wrote:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Day 4
1 Vorret----------
2 Holman--------
3 Scoop---------- Moliere
4 Punisher------- Moliere
5 Unagi----------- Moliere
6 Remus West---
7 Moliere--------
( Moliere-------- 3 )--- Unagi --- Punisher --- Scoop
( )--- ---
( )--- ---
( )--- ---
( )--- ---
( )--- ---

Deaths
Newcastle--- Peace Out
El Guapo----- Salsaed
Zarathud----- slimed
RMC-------- crispy
Grundbegriff-- stomped
Archinerd----- gassed
Holman-------- No head for you

Majority = 4

Black Lives Matter