[Success!] iOS to Android Phonebook Conversion

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Kasey Chang

[Success!] iOS to Android Phonebook Conversion

Post by Kasey Chang »

One of my non-tech friends kinda smashed her iPhone 5c and wanted me to help her convert to the Samsung Galaxy J7 her son had bought her. She thought it's just swap the SIM card and it'd work.

It never was.

I swapped the SIM card over, and went over the settings with her. Everything seems okay. Then she griped there were no contacts. Sure enough, contacts is BLANK.

I checked on the iPhone side... thinking I can grab it off iCloud... Her 5c had NEVER been registered with iCloud. WTF!?!

So I create an iCloud account on desktop and logged her in from the phone, then hit "back up now"... it choked, saying not enough space w/ 5 GB. WTF?! Went into deep config, turned out she had backup photos on too. Turned that off, tried again, waited 15 minutes for it to sync up.

Then went into iCloud on desktop again, and exported her phone book. Turns out there are only like 20+ entries... except they're in CHINESE. Anyway, iCloud via browser, select all, export to VCF.

Then opened incognito window, logged into gmail (with her new google account on her Galaxy phone) then imported the VCF I just exported from iCloud.

Waited for 1 minute to sync... Voila, all the contacts are in.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Isgrimnur

Re: [Success!] iOS to Android Phonebook Conversion

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.