Harvey Weinstein (and assorted horrible people)... RIP career.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Grifman

Re: Harvey Weinstein... RIP career.

Post by Grifman »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:16 am A good friend of mine from high school works in Hollywood as an assistant director, art director, and producer. We were chatting on FB the other day and I asked her if the harassment and abuse is really as prevalent as it seems, or if we're just seeing a few really bad apples getting exposed.

Her response was that what's come out so far is just the tip of the iceberg. She basically said that if the floodgates truly open on this stuff, there won't be anyone left working in Hollywood. It really is that bad. :shock:
Let it come. Whether it be Hollywood or Corporate America or Republicans or Democrats, it needs to stop. Women (and men) should not be faced with this any more. The abusers need to be gone.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

It's starting to make sense why female directors are so few and far between.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:16 am A good friend of mine from high school works in Hollywood as an assistant director, art director, and producer. We were chatting on FB the other day and I asked her if the harassment and abuse is really as prevalent as it seems, or if we're just seeing a few really bad apples getting exposed.

Her response was that what's come out so far is just the tip of the iceberg. She basically said that if the floodgates truly open on this stuff, there won't be anyone left working in Hollywood. It really is that bad. :shock:
Good riddance. Maybe there will be more woman who can step up and upend the whole fucking thing. More diverse voices being given a chance wouldn't be a bad thing.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Holman

Post by Holman »

That's a real disappointment about Takei. I always liked him, so I always assumed he was decent.

That's the assumption we're now learning to do without.
Grifman wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:40 am

Let it come. Whether it be Hollywood or Corporate America or Republicans or Democrats, it needs to stop. Women (and men) should not be faced with this any more. The abusers need to be gone.
Yep. It's everywhere, from the halls of power to the smallest business.

Barbara Ehrenreich made the point yesterday that the discussion needs to broaden from actresses all the way to include hotel housekeepers.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I just hope Tom Hanks turns out actually to be a good person.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Also Weird Al.
Rip

Post by Rip »

I've told dozens of women I'd like them to sit on my face.

I guess my film career is over.
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
Chrisoc13

Harvey Weinstein... RIP career.

Post by Chrisoc13 »

McNutt wrote:Wow. That's a pretty serious accusation.

I always liked Takei, but I was really disappointed in him when I found out he gave a guy a handjob live on the Howard Stern show. I never thought he'd do something that trashy. I still liked him, but damn, George.
This is the first I've learned of this and yeah... That's straight trash. That combined with these accusations... Good riddance Takei.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

There's video of it too and it's super creepy.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Richard Dreyfus. Damn.
Carpet_pissr

Harvey Weinstein... RIP career.

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Yeah, if Tom Hanks gets hit with this, it will be a personal gut punch to me, much like Cosby was.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

When the accusations start to hit musicians, my first prediction is Toby Keith.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:17 am I've told dozens of women I'd like them to sit on my face.

I guess my film career is over.
I would certainly say further invitations to family reunions are.
Covfefe!
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Takei responded on FB this morning.
Friends,

I'm writing to respond to the accusations made by Scott R. Brunton. I want to assure you all that I am as shocked and bewildered at these claims as you must feel reading them.

The events he describes back in the 1980s simply did not occur, and I do not know why he has claimed them now. I have wracked my brain to ask if I remember Mr. Brunton, and I cannot say I do. But I do take these claims very seriously, and I wanted to provide my response thoughtfully and not out of the moment.

Right now it is a he said / he said situation, over alleged events nearly 40 years ago. But those that know me understand that non-consensual acts are so antithetical to my values and my practices, the very idea that someone would accuse me of this is quite personally painful.

Brad, who is 100 percent beside me on this, as my life partner of more than 30 years and now my husband, stands fully by my side. I cannot tell you how vital it has been to have his unwavering support and love in these difficult times.

Thanks to many of you for all the kind words and trust. It means so much to us.

Yours in gratitude,

George
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

George's response will be interesting if more people come forward telling similar stories.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Moliere wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:49 am When the accusations start to hit musicians, my first prediction is Toby Keith.
My wife is in love with John Mayer. I don't know if I want him to be accused. On the one hand, my wife loves another man. On the other, it will break her heart.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Moliere wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:49 am When the accusations start to hit musicians, my first prediction is Toby Keith.
It already has and I haven't heard Toby Keith yet. Twiggy Ramirez was the first I heard.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Alefroth wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:18 pm
It already has and I haven't heard Toby Keith yet. Twiggy Ramirez was the first I heard.
I've thought about making my predictions as to who will be next, but I decided against it (even when it was really obvious, like with Louis C.K.). Even though my predictions on this small corner of the internet are unlikely to even cause a ripple, I figure there's already enough noise out there that I don't need to even risk causing something more.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Corey Haim's mom is saying that it wasn't Charlie Sheen who raped her son. It was actually the guy who just named Sheen in the Enquirer. Hmm.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

McNutt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:58 pm Corey Haim's mom is saying that it wasn't Charlie Sheen who raped her son. It was actually the guy who just named Sheen in the Enquirer. Hmm.
Well it's a good thing no one thought less of Charlie Sheen during this time.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

McNutt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:58 pm Corey Haim's mom is saying that it wasn't Charlie Sheen who raped her son. It was actually the guy who just named Sheen in the Enquirer. Hmm.
I thought it was Corey Feldman who brought this up recently?

In any case, Brascia was accused of this previously and nothing came of it. Feldman wrote in his book about Haim's abuse, but to the best of my knowledge, while he intimated that he knew who they were (and it was "they". Lots of people.), did not name anyone.

Haim is dead and quite honestly, there is enough of a checkered past for everyone involved that I don't for a second believe any of them. Since Haim is not here to tell us what happened, and didn't write it down anywhere that I'm aware of, and many people who are associated with Haim have different stories, barring more proof than hearsay, I'm not interested in gossip and random accusations. It's tabloid fodder at best.

If Feldman wants to name names and/or has first hand experience, fine. Let's hear it. Otherwise, there is enough on the public's plate with so many more compelling and likely truthful accounts that I don't want to be distracted by "he said/he said" from 3rd parties. What's the point? Is justice likely to be served? Is ANYTHING going to come of this? Extremely unlikely. It muddies the waters at a time that we can't afford it.
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

Gal Gadot doesn't want to work with Ratner on another 'Wonder Woman'

http://a.msn.com/r/2/BBER38t?a=1&m=EN-US
18-1™ & 2-0
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Trent Steel wrote:Gal Gadot doesn't want to work with Ratner on another 'Wonder Woman'

http://a.msn.com/r/2/BBER38t?a=1&m=EN-US
I saw that earlier. Awesome.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Melissa Benoist Speaks Out About Sexual Harassment Following Supergirl Showrunner’s Suspension
Following the emergence of sexual-harassment and misconduct claims lodged against him by colleagues, Warner Bros. decided last week to suspend Andrew Kreisberg, executive producer and showrunner for the CW’s Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. Now, Supergirl star Melissa Benoist weighs in on the sexual misconduct that pervades the entertainment industry, and her belief in working for a show that “supports equality and feminism, empowerment, and fighting for what is right.” Tweeted the actress on Sunday night, “Sadly, the show and my career are part of an industry that doesn’t always mirror those sentiments. This is heartbreaking, and at times makes me feel helpless. I know I’m not the only one who feels this way.”

However, Benoist writes, while the seemingly unending stream of sexual harassment and assault allegations coming out of Hollywood can be depressing, she is ultimately “an optimist.” Says the Waco actress, “I believe lasting change is possible, and when people are mistreated, they should have a safe forum to speak their truth and always be heard.” Concludes Benoist, “So this week, I’ll head back to work on Supergirl even more committed to being a part of changing the norm by listening when people speak up, and refusing to accept an environment that is anything less than a safe, respectful and collaborative space.” You can read her full statement below. Kreisberg has denied committing any sexual wrongdoing in the workplace, claiming, “I have proudly mentored both male and female colleagues for many years.” Warner Bros. is currently performing an internal investigation into the allegations
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Grifman wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:40 am

I'll sign for that one, too. For some reason I've always assumed there was a strange kind of mutual consent of moral ambiguity around everything in Hollywood. It's a place that brings dreams (and nightmares) to life and puts them in our homes for us to watch and enjoy. There's a darkness to it, knowing that everyone involved is not who they really are. People are paid to love people they don't love, have simulated sex with people they may not even like, and show us the emotional depth of pain that isn't real. All my life, I've heard jokes about the casting couch - mostly from Hollywood itself. I didn't realize how rotten it all really is. If this is the time to clean house and bring on an era of keeping the lights on backstage and holding everyone accountable, let's do it.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

DC hits the trifecta.
DC has fired veteran editor Eddie Berganza following allegations of sexual assault by former employees of the company.
DC had previously suspended Berganza in the wake of a BuzzFeed story published Friday in which three women, two on the record and one unnamed, alleged he forcibly kissed and groped them. Rumors of harassment had long followed Berganza.
So that's the head of a film production company, a television executive producer, and a comic editor.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:15 pm DC hits the trifecta.
DC has fired veteran editor Eddie Berganza following allegations of sexual assault by former employees of the company.
DC had previously suspended Berganza in the wake of a BuzzFeed story published Friday in which three women, two on the record and one unnamed, alleged he forcibly kissed and groped them. Rumors of harassment had long followed Berganza.
So that's the head of a film production company, a television executive producer, and a comic editor.
The quality of their films can only go up, right. RIGHT? :pray:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:35 am Yeah, if Tom Hanks gets hit with this, it will be a personal gut punch to me, much like Cosby was.
World Doesn't Even Know Who To Admire Anymore After Tom Hanks Murders 5
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

NBC News by LA Times
Matt Zimmerman, the executive in charge of booking for NBC News, has been fired for what the company called “inappropriate conduct” with female employees at the network.

“We have recently learned that Matt Zimmerman engaged in inappropriate conduct with more than one woman at [parent company NBCUniversal], which violated company policy. As a result he has been dismissed,” an NBC News representative said in a statement.

Women at NBC News brought Zimmerman’s alleged behavior to the attention of the company in light of the heightened attention on sexual harassment
At least one woman told the company’s human resources department that her career was damaged as a result of relationship with Zimmerman, according to a person familiar with the matter who was not authorized to comment publicly and requested anonymity.

Earlier this month, NBC News cut ties with political analyst Mark Halperin after CNN reported that he allegedly sexually harassed women during his 10-year tenure as political director of ABC News from 1997 to 2007.

Zimmerman handled booking for NBC’s “Today” program until 2014, when he was elevated to an executive vice president’s role that put him in charge of a collaborative booking unit formed within the news division.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/ne ... ng-1058398

Once alone at the facility, Henry had her repeat the scene several times before telling her he thought it needed "more vulnerability" and suggesting, as an ostensive acting exercise, to remove her bra so she could better access the self-consciousness of the hypertrichosis sufferer. Dissatisfied with the result, he "incrementally asked me to take my clothes off," she says, and she complied, wanting "just to get done." Soon, she found herself wearing nothing but her underwear and Doc Marten combat boots. "He started saying things, improvising as this detective character: 'I can see your tits,' 'I can see you shave your pussy.' He did it until I finally cried," she says. Then he thanked her for her performance.
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Terry Crews named his alleged assailant as Adam Venit, head of the motion picture department at William Morris Endeavor
Crews said he had dismissed the incident until the claims against movie mogul Harvey Weinstein put sexual assault and harassment in the news.

“When the Weinstein thing started happening, I got PTSD,” he said. “I was going, ‘Oh my god, this exact thing happened to me. I understand why they won’t come forward.’ And I’m gonna tell you, a lot of times people go, ‘Why didn’t you come forward sooner?’ When a person of forward breaks that boundary and violates that boundary, you’re a prisoner of war.”

He said he will not stand for people asking him why he didn’t come forward sooner or blaming the victim.

“I will not be shamed. I did nothing wrong, nothing,” he said.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

I really don't understand why someone would be dumb enough to grope Terry Crews in front of his wife and a room full of people. Pretty sure he could tear a man's head off with his bare hands if he wanted...
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Z-Corn wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:21 am I really don't understand why someone would be dumb enough to grope Terry Crews in front of his wife and a room full of people. Pretty sure he could tear a man's head off with his bare hands if he wanted...
Because the culture of Hollywood made these guys feel invulnerable.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Moliere wrote:
Z-Corn wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:21 am I really don't understand why someone would be dumb enough to grope Terry Crews in front of his wife and a room full of people. Pretty sure he could tear a man's head off with his bare hands if he wanted...
Feel? No no. They were. Not anymore but they were.

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Go big or go home....
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Moliere wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:11 am
And/or any number of drugs.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:44 am
Moliere wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:11 am
And/or any number of drugs.
From Terry's interview yesterday on Good Morning America it sounded like drugs may have indeed been involved. Terry said the executive was doing weird things with his tongue, flicking it in and out, as he walked across the room toward Terry. Terry said at first he thought it was a joke because the guy was acting so weird.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Piven passes polygraph
Jeremy Piven did exactly what he said he would do — he sat for a lie detector test to prove that he did not fondle Arianne Bellamar on the set of “Entourage,” and he passed with flying colors.

The Blast obtained Piven’s polygraph exam report, administered by a member of the American Polygraph Association with Chapman Investigations on November 13.
The polygraphist evaluated Piven’s answers and determined that the actor showed “no reactions indicative of deception to any of the relevant questions” and that he passed.

As for Bellamar, her track record for truth is not so clean.

In 2016, she was hit for a $2 million judgment after her mother-in-law and father-in-law accused Bellamar and her husband of libel, false light, cyber piracy and internet impersonation.

Earlier this year, she was sued by businessman Andrew Puzder for libel after he claimed she wrote defamatory posts about him on Twitter. That case is still ongoing.

Piven also took polygraph tests for the two other women who have accused him of sexual assault, Tiffany Bacon and Amy Meador, as well as a blanket test to determine if he HAS EVER assaulted a woman.

He passed all his additional tests with no signs of deception.
Polygraphs, of course, are not proof. They are probative at best.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

And I wonder if actors are better at passing polygraphs when lying than normal folks. It's all about measuring bodily responses to stress; it seems that something actors have to manage and deal with all the time.
Black Lives Matter