Kickstarter and other crowdfunding platforms

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

baelthazar

Re: Kickstarter 2017

Post by baelthazar »

AWS260 wrote:Looking forward to this hitting Kickstarter: Commander in Chief: Executive Power.
The former president described the game as “a fully immersive executive-branch adventure for players 12 and up” and said it has a playing time of approximately 20 hours. According to Obama, one player acts as the president, leading the administration through various challenges, while the other players work together as vice president, chief of staff, and various cabinet secretaries to implement policy initiatives and maintain the day-to-day agenda of the West Wing.

Players reportedly must complete several side quests to keep the White House running, such as seeking Senate confirmations, hosting state dinners, and holding press conferences following national events such as mass shootings or holiday celebrations.
I know they are being glib, but this is basically the premise of GMT’s Mr. President, now on P500.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

baelthazar wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:17 pm
AWS260 wrote:Looking forward to this hitting Kickstarter: Commander in Chief: Executive Power.
The former president described the game as “a fully immersive executive-branch adventure for players 12 and up” and said it has a playing time of approximately 20 hours. According to Obama, one player acts as the president, leading the administration through various challenges, while the other players work together as vice president, chief of staff, and various cabinet secretaries to implement policy initiatives and maintain the day-to-day agenda of the West Wing.

Players reportedly must complete several side quests to keep the White House running, such as seeking Senate confirmations, hosting state dinners, and holding press conferences following national events such as mass shootings or holiday celebrations.
I know they are being glib, but this is basically the premise of GMT’s Mr. President, now on P500.
A game I have P500d for some reason unknown to me... looks entertaining but I rarely play solo. Can't help it though.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

D-Day Dice, one of my favorite solo games, is coming back from the dead!

As a Line For Lifer, I got burned by the whole Up Front/D-Day Dice/Airborne In Your Pocket debacle. I'm really glad to see this game making a comeback, and doubly glad to see that they are going to do a little something for the L4L folks. Despite the fact that this is a brand new company, they are going to be making upgrade kits available for the cost of shipping. In addition, they re going to do a print run of Airborne In Your Pocket, and also make that available to people that were in the original KS for the cost of shipping alone.

If you're looking for a fun, challenging dice chucker, I really recommend D-Day Dice.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I should play my copy at some point. But the next three days are strictly MP.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I jumped in at the lowest level so I could have access to the pledge manager when it opens. I want that upgrade kit.
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:25 pm I jumped in at the lowest level so I could have access to the pledge manager when it opens. I want that upgrade kit.
30 quid seems a bit steep, and I can't find what that would get me.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I'm kind of confused. As an owner of the original, why would I pay $40 + s/h when I can just get the lowest level of the 2nd edition for $46 + s/h plus all the stretch goals? It seems...off.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I assumed it included upgrades to all the expansions and rewards we got from the first Kickstarter, but I’ll need to read more on it before I drop a dime.
Covfefe!
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

hepcat wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:25 pm I jumped in at the lowest level so I could have access to the pledge manager when it opens. I want that upgrade kit.
Same here...
-mf
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Yeah, it's only us L4L chumps that are getting a break on the upgrade kit.

Even with that, I'm tempted to just buy in to the whole shooting match again just to get the stretch goals.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

I received my Gloomhaven 2nd printing yesterday. Yeah, that's a lot of cardboard to punch out.
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Moat_Man wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:07 am I received my Gloomhaven 2nd printing yesterday. Yeah, that's a lot of cardboard to punch out.
Did you get any actual tracking number or did it just show up? Also, where abouts do you live?

I ordered my copy of Kingdom Death Monster about a week and a half ago and according to tracking it should already be here by Tuesday.. Haven't had any tracking info for Gloomhaven yet though..
My wife and I took 2 painting workshops at Pax unplugged this weekend and she is interested in helping start to go through my paint backlog.. This is useful for the existing games and my many KS games coming over the next 1-7 months.. I think I need to start cutting back on games.. Not sure if that is realistic though..
On a side note, we finally got to play a game of The Walking dead all out War today. I have only opened my KS copy at home to browse through the manual, so it was nice to finally play a game I've had for months now..
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I have a 22 pound package from Funagain that is supposed to arrive Tuesday. I have to assume that is Gloomhaven. Check UPS My Choice.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

coopasonic wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:59 am I have a 22 pound package from Funagain that is supposed to arrive Tuesday. I have to assume that is Gloomhaven. Check UPS My Choice.
Me too. I got an email from Celaphor (spelling?) games stating that they had shipped something using Funagain. So this is Gloomhaven. I managed to get enough Mayday regular sleeves (not premium) on a 20% off sale to cover the cards I need. I am not keen on the lower quality cards, but it was either something like $25 or $58 for sleeves, since they needed some 20 packs of each premium size!
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

My gloomhaven arrived last week but I'm not opening it yet. I'm looking forward to it but I'll probably wait until my broken token organizer is ready.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

For the record, I am going to have an irrational annoyance with everyone who receives Gloomhaven before I do...
Not even sure why, since, even if I received it tomorrow, I don’t know when I would be playing. At least KDM should arrive soon.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

Punisher wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:45 am
Moat_Man wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:07 am I received my Gloomhaven 2nd printing yesterday. Yeah, that's a lot of cardboard to punch out.
Did you get any actual tracking number or did it just show up? Also, where abouts do you live?
Yes I got a tracking number from Canada Post. Starlit Citadel was the outfit that did the fulfilment in Canada and they are located in Vancouver. I live in Burnaby (a suburb) so my delivery was very quick.

I couldn't bring myself to spent C$120 on the Broken Token organizer so I bought some Plano boxes based on a BGG thread. They should do the job nicely. I've watched the videos, read the rules, and am raring to go!
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Fishbelly

Post by Fishbelly »

I'd love it if you guys could post about the condition of Gloomhaven. I've yet to receive word about my copy shipping, but the posts on Kickstarter are filled with folks complaining about bad gluing of punch-boards, poorly cut tokens, etc. I suspect most copies are just fine and hope to hear from posters here that is actually the case.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Hmm haven't opened my box yet. Guess I should.
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

Fishbelly wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:34 am I'd love it if you guys could post about the condition of Gloomhaven. I've yet to receive word about my copy shipping, but the posts on Kickstarter are filled with folks complaining about bad gluing of punch-boards, poorly cut tokens, etc. I suspect most copies are just fine and hope to hear from posters here that is actually the case.
I was slightly concerned after reading those threads too. I shouldn't have been. Everything was fine.
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
raydude

Post by raydude »

Just opened up my copy. I haven't had time to open up the individual miniatures yet, nor the character tuck boxes but the tiles and the board look to be in good condition.
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

Same here. Have not opened to look at the miniatures but at first blush everything seems to be in good condition and punched well.
Fishbelly

Post by Fishbelly »

raydude wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:14 pm Just opened up my copy. I haven't had time to open up the individual miniatures yet, nor the character tuck boxes but the tiles and the board look to be in good condition.
Thanks for checking--especially since UPS My Choice finally shows my copy arriving next week. :wub:
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Mine looked alright, although I have not gotten a chance to really inspect everything.

Can anyone link the Plano box storage solution thread for Gloomhaven? With all those tiles and chits, I think I am going to need something to keep them organized.
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

baelthazar wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:02 pm Mine looked alright, although I have not gotten a chance to really inspect everything.

Can anyone link the Plano box storage solution thread for Gloomhaven? With all those tiles and chits, I think I am going to need something to keep them organized.
Link to the main thread:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/172687 ... ion/page/1

I bought the Plano 3600 boxes and printed out the sheets here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/1470 ... ut-legends

I can't find the Plano 3601 box in Canada so I will have to get something else for the smaller status/money tokens used during the game.
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Just got an email saying that in the US the Flashpoint Tragic Events expansion has started to ship! But if you ordered an expansion like 2nd Story, that shipment just entered the US and needs to make its way to an Amazon fulfillment center which I believe will delay your shipment. Bummer for me since I really didn't need 2nd Story but I certainly understand them wanting to combine items so it could go out as one shipment. Hoping to get everything before we go to visit family for Christmas.

Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

For anyone that missed out on the absolutely beautiful Nemo's War from VPG, they have a new kickstarter for a 12 card expansion that includes a level for the base game too.
Covfefe!
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Gloomhaven, incoming! 8-)
-mf
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

MonkeyFinger wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:50 am Gloomhaven, incoming! 8-)
Mine arrives today... I figure two weeks to put the broken token organizer together and then continue waiting for my board game table :P
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

We just unlocked two new characters about two weeks ago. Now I'm anxious to try them out. They just get cooler and cooler.
This game does carrot on a stick better than any game I've played before.
Covfefe!
Chrisoc13

Post by Chrisoc13 »

My broken token is assembled and the game is ready to go. I have to say it was painful to punch out. Just absolutely painful. But it did get me more excited to play it. It's up soon, and I'm looking forward to it. But first... Imperial Assault with the new app since Star Wars comes out next week. Then Gloomhaven.
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

I splurged and got the Broken Token organizer for Gloomhaven. While there are a few oddities, I am not sure how you would play without it. It took a solid evening to assemble, but I was impressed by the quality. It is my first BT product.
Fishbelly

Post by Fishbelly »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:26 am
Mine arrives today... I figure two weeks to put the broken token organizer together and then continue waiting for my board game table :P

I've had my Broken Token insert built since July. Yesterday I pulled the trigger and bought a board game table from boardgametables.com during their sample sale. Minutes later, I finally received my email from Funagain Games that my copy of Gloomhaven began its trip to my house. I can't wait for Christmas vacation! :csmile:
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Fishbelly wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:04 pm
coopasonic wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:26 am

I've had my Broken Token insert built since July. Yesterday I pulled the trigger and bought a board game table from boardgametables.com during their sample sale. Minutes later, I finally received my email from Funagain Games that my copy of Gloomhaven began its trip to my house. I can't wait for Christmas vacation! :csmile:
This is like one of the best posts ever.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

It's not the greatest post to those of us that backed the boardgametables.com kickstarter 18 months ago and are still waiting for our product that had Feb 2017 estimated delivery. It will be even less great when his table is delivered before mine.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:31 pm It's not the greatest post to those of us that backed the boardgametables.com kickstarter 18 months ago and are still waiting for our product that had Feb 2017 estimated delivery. It will be even less great when his table is delivered before mine.
Oh, yeah. That does suck. Sorry about that.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I am waiting for two KS projects to be shipped via FunAgain games (Gloomhaven, Paladin sleeves) and I'm beginning to think I'll need to post that I received them in a soon-to-be created Kickstarter 2018 thread.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Fishbelly

Post by Fishbelly »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:31 pm It's not the greatest post to those of us that backed the boardgametables.com kickstarter 18 months ago and are still waiting for our product that had Feb 2017 estimated delivery. It will be even less great when his table is delivered before mine.
I'd read about the issues the company had with their Kickstarter and admit I was a bit leery about ordering from their sample sale. I almost backed the kickstarter myself, and I'd be truly pissed if I was still waiting for my table. I certainly wasn't posting this info to rub it in anyone's noses, and I'm sorry if I ruffled any feathers.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

No worries. It's frustrating, but not on you. I was excited for the table for a long time, now I am just kind of dreading it and I am not sure why. I assume I will get a table eventually. I believe they have halted shipments for the kickstarter until after christmas because shippers raise rates for the holiday.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Ouch, I actually didn't realize US shipments were delayed. After receiving my table I assumed most everyone else in the states would follow shortly behind and that was months ago. :cry: