Why haven't the pitchforks come out yet?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Drazzil

Why haven't the pitchforks come out yet?

Post by Drazzil »

Wow Donnys doing good. Behaving exactly how I figured he would.

Are Americans really this stupid?
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Alefroth

Re: Why haven't the pitchforks come out yet?

Post by Alefroth »

Just pointing out that there are several topics where Trump and his antics are being discussed. Need for pitchforks being covered.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Edit - wrong thread.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

"c'mon people, you're letting me down"

Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I'm pissed about Trump. I'm pissed that the GoP has managed to dupe significant amount of our population. I don't want to be in the same country as these assholes. I say let the country rip itself to shreds. Build over new.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Drazzil wrote:Wow Donnys doing good. Behaving exactly how I figured he would.

The answer is becoming increasingly more obvious. Yes.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I figured if Trump got into office he would either be the best president we ever had or be the guy that would drive us towards a revolution. Now Trump's literally way worse then I figured, but Americans are just bending over and taking it.

What f_cking gives?
Last edited by Drazzil on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:01 pm I figured if Trump got into office he would either be the best president we ever had or be the guy that would drive us towards a revolution. Now Trump's literally way worse then I figured, but Americans are just bending over and taking it.

What f_cking gives?
First how could you possibly imagine he would be the best president we ever had? Second, what exactly, are you expecting anyone to do about it? Mueller is investigating the Russia angle, Congress is having a field day and the rest of us don't have much power until November 2018.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Because the government isn't his friend and/or the man is keeping him down.

Drumpf was neither the government nor the man (he most certainly was to anyone near his influence).
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:43 pm Wow Donnys doing good. Behaving exactly how I figured he would.

Mostly because Mueller's still on the job, IMHO. If Trump were to fire Mueller, I do believe that there would be riots in the street.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:04 pm
Drazzil wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:01 pm I figured if Trump got into office he would either be the best president we ever had or be the guy that would drive us towards a revolution. Now Trump's literally way worse then I figured, but Americans are just bending over and taking it.

What f_cking gives?
First how could you possibly imagine he would be the best president we ever had? Second, what exactly, are you expecting anyone to do about it? Mueller is investigating the Russia angle, Congress is having a field day and the rest of us don't have much power until November 2018.
First. I figured ya know maybe some big public spending, maybe repeal nafta? Second I figured by now his actions would ha e vaused rioting or at least large scale protest.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So you believe NAFTA was bad for the US, or you personally?

Is it your belief that things will be better for the US when NAFTA is gone?

Why do you believe that, if so?
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

GreenGoo wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:14 pm So you believe NAFTA was bad for the US, or you personally?

I believe that anytime you take a huge swath of jobs and move them overseas you produce a large drag on the economy that is not fixed with cheap stuff.

I think that manufacturing would come back in some part if NAFTA were gone.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

China isn’t part of NAFTA. Manufacturing of cheap crap isn’t coming back. Go read First Contract. It’s a good sci-do novel with some economic lessons in it.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:47 pm I believe that anytime you take a huge swath of jobs and move them overseas you produce a large drag on the economy that is not fixed with cheap stuff.

As Isgrim points out, that's not what NAFTA does. The NA is for North America.

Perhaps you were just using the wrong acronym? Hence my questions, although it sort of made sense, since Drumpf hates competition and has decided that the best way for America to succeed on the global stage is to run a protectionist market. Or at least that's what he claims he wants to do, and sure makes a lot of noise about it.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:02 pm China isn’t part of NAFTA. Manufacturing of cheap crap isn’t coming back. Go read First Contract. It’s a good sci-do novel with some economic lessons in it.
Well it's not cheap crap if it's built in the US, no matter how crappy it is. That's mostly why it's made elsewhere.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:43 pm Wow Donnys doing good. Behaving exactly how I figured he would.

Drazzil wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:01 pm I figured if Trump got into office he would either be the best president we ever had or [...]
Drazzil wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:43 pm Are Americans really this stupid?
Yes.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:04 pmSecond, what exactly, are you expecting anyone to do about it? Mueller is investigating the Russia angle, Congress is having a field day and the rest of us don't have much power until November 2018.
Start volunteering for or donating to the '18 campaigns of Democratic candidates? :think:
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

GreenGoo wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:17 pm
Drazzil wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:47 pm I believe that anytime you take a huge swath of jobs and move them overseas you produce a large drag on the economy that is not fixed with cheap stuff.

As Isgrim points out, that's not what NAFTA does. The NA is for North America.

Perhaps you were just using the wrong acronym? Hence my questions, although it sort of made sense, since Drumpf hates competition and has decided that the best way for America to succeed on the global stage is to run a protectionist market. Or at least that's what he claims he wants to do, and sure makes a lot of noise about it.
He sure makes a lot of noise about it yeah but he hasent done anything to make good on that noise.

If I were him I'd tear up or phase out our current agreements with China too. Russia would be old news. Buried under page 5.

But that isin't what Trump's doing.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Trump is President because people expect him to perform the miracles he promised. But he can't.

You drank the snake oil to feel better when the adult thing would be to demand a better medicine. But it's poison. And if anyone read the label, it was clearly marked poison.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:47 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:14 pm So you believe NAFTA was bad for the US, or you personally?

I believe that anytime you take a huge swath of jobs and move them overseas you produce a large drag on the economy that is not fixed with cheap stuff.

lol, seriously, you'll be worse off without it than with it.

I'm also laughing at his extra taxes on wood, like it matters to Canada we simply raised the prices to US customers so once again you guys are getting fucked by Trump and his "top negotiation" tactics.

I feel bad for you guys since 99% of the people on this forum would never think of voting for that maniac but I don't feel bad for the US as a whole hopefully the wakeup call will finally bring the country in the 21st century.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Drazzil wrote:

Manufacturing will only come back as automated. Also, post nafta,the manufacturing all went to China, not Mexico/Canada.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

The whole point of NAFTA was to create a unified trading block that could compete with the rising China manufacturing juggernaut. The major companies are going to manufacture where it's cheapest, period.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Vorret wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:05 pmhopefully the wakeup call will finally bring the country in the 21st century.
I'm more worried that it's a beginning to an era where America spends 87% of its energy fighting itself. Drunk, staggering across a field, and finally fallen into a pit trap set by Russia.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Pretty sure we are in the trap now. It was sprung already, and it's taken us this long to realize it (since one half of the country is vehemently denying that a trap is even plausible).
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:41 am Trump is President because people expect him to perform the miracles he promised. But he can't.

You drank the snake oil to feel better when the adult thing would be to demand a better medicine. But it's poison. And if anyone read the label, it was clearly marked poison.
I drank no snake oil. I voted for Bernie. I also figured Trump was poison. I just figured he woild be overthrown, assassinated or driven out of office by now, but no such luck.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I'm so pissed at the process now that I think my new voting strategy will be a little different from now on. I'm going to keep voting the worst guys (or gals) into office until the whole thing comes down on top of DC and the bodies are stacked up like cordwood on the steeets.

This seems to be the only way out at this point.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:00 pm I'm so pissed at the process now that I think my new voting strategy will be a little different from now on. I'm going to keep voting the worst guys (or gals) into office until the whole thing comes down on top of DC and the bodies are stacked up like cordwood on the steeets.

That's pretty fucked up.
Hodor.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

pr0ner wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:15 pm
Drazzil wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:00 pm I'm so pissed at the process now that I think my new voting strategy will be a little different from now on. I'm going to keep voting the worst guys (or gals) into office until the whole thing comes down on top of DC and the bodies are stacked up like cordwood on the steeets.

That's pretty fucked up.
We've been over this before. Drazzil seems to continually overlook the fact that the poor and disenfranchised people are almost certainly going to be the first to suffer from a collapse of society. Survivalist fantasies not withstanding, of course.

It's Drazzil's body that will most likely end up on the heap, not the "man's".
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:22 pm
pr0ner wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:15 pm

That's pretty fucked up.
We've been over this before. Drazzil seems to continually overlook the fact that the poor and disenfranchised people are almost certainly going to be the first to suffer from a collapse of society. Survivalist fantasies not withstanding, of course.

It's Drazzil's body that will most likely end up on the heap, not the "man's".
You're most likely right. I would probabally be one of the first killed where I'm at. Im no stranger to the stuff that goes down. I just dont see another way out, so with all due respect, I'll take my chances.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I think that I would rather take my chances the soonest to now as I can rather then kick the can another 20 or 30 years when I'm too old to do anything useful.
Rip

Post by Rip »

I am quite sure we all have/will take our chances. The restart game button is non-functional.

Thanks for playing.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:48 pmYou're most likely right. I would probabally be one of the first killed where I'm at. Im no stranger to the stuff that goes down. I just dont see another way out, so with all due respect, I'll take my chances.
So in your example, you'd vote for a Roy Moore candidate simply because he's an awful, degenerate human being? The idea being that he helps burn down the system faster? I get your sentiment, but there's a huge difference between thinking you'll vote for a sack of human excrement and then actually helping to put a giant sack of human excrement into power- particularly when the elected sack of shit starts doing horrific things to your neighbors or community.

But I think you know this; you're just frustrated.

To answer your question, pitchforks aren't out yet because bread and circuses are still working. As long as they continue to work and the people being impacted by the horrific policies of elected officials are always in a different zip code or demographic than the person you're asking, the pitchforks will stay away.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Drazzil wrote:
Zarathud wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:41 am Trump is President because people expect him to perform the miracles he promised. But he can't.

I drank no snake oil. I voted for Bernie. I also figured Trump was poison. I just figured he woild be overthrown, assassinated or driven out of office by now, but no such luck.
Not to state the obvious / retread old discussions, but this just means you drank different snake oil. The choices were Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

That our system left us only those choices is its own type of fucked up. But voting for Bernie was effectively voting Trump.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:04 pm
Drazzil wrote:

Not to state the obvious / retread old discussions, but this just means you drank different snake oil. The choices were Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.

That our system left us only those choices is its own type of fucked up. But voting for Bernie was effectively voting Trump.
And if just for this reason I'm hoping things come to an end sooner rather then later.
tgb

Post by tgb »

When I was in college I knew a number of people (Weathermen and Panthers, mostly) who voted Nixon using Draz's logic - a Nixon victory would cause the Revolution to start sooner.

You might want to ask them how that went.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

tgb wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:28 pm When I was in college I knew a number of people (Weathermen and Panthers, mostly) who voted Nixon using Draz's logic - a Nixon victory would cause the Revolution to start sooner.

I miss Nixon.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Hell. I even miss W.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

tgb wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:28 pm When I was in college I knew a number of people (Weathermen and Panthers, mostly) who voted Nixon using Draz's logic - a Nixon victory would cause the Revolution to start sooner.

Actually, TGB good to see you again. :D
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

This could get me ready to go pitchfork if it were me
The anger arises because although the sell-off allowed Sun Capital and its investors to recover their money and then some, the company entered bankruptcy leaving unpaid more than $80 million in debts to workers’ severance and pensions.

For Sun Capital, this process of buying companies, seeking profits and leaving pensions unpaid is a familiar one. Over the past 10 years, it has taken five companies into bankruptcy while leaving behind debts of about $280 million owed to employee pensions.