PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Octavious

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Octavious »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 am Wife and I switched out at the controls pretty much all day yesterday while she recovers from a cold. No rousing successes, and only a couple stinging defeats. I did manage to win a firefight with the last burst in my Tommy gun magazine while inside the radar station that is east of the airfield. I felt pretty good about that one. I was gunned down trying to get out when the circle moved on me, only to find that someone had shot out all the tires on my buggy.
Shooting out tires is one my favorite pastimes. ;) Especially on the military base. Last night I got a scope and a silencer. Circle was going to be on the other side of the bridge. I proceeded to find every vehicle in the area and shot out the tires. Had to be 4-5 vehicles. :twisted:

Of course I ended up getting headshot from a SKS not far after the bridge because the game is evil, but at least I messed up a bunch of peoples games. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I can see it now...

Player: Just a couple more buildings. No one has touched that Buggy. I'll be able to beat the circle. Just a little more loot. Just a little...
<circle closes in>
<player runs for Buggy, hops in and tries to drive>
<player barely moves, blue wall envelops them>
Player: NNNNOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOoooooOOOoo!!!

You should get points for that.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Running without shoes is confirmed to be true. Never wearing shoes again. Woo lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Octavious wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:22 pm Running without shoes is confirmed to be true. Never wearing shoes again. Woo lol
I think it's safe to say that peoples of all nations and creeds can agree that running without shoes is a thing. That said, could you be talking about an in-game benefit that has been confirmed? Source?
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Freyland wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:45 pm
Octavious wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:22 pm Running without shoes is confirmed to be true. Never wearing shoes again. Woo lol
I think it's safe to say that peoples of all nations and creeds can agree that running without shoes is a thing. That said, could you be talking about an in-game benefit that has been confirmed? Source?
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I don't care if it's a little quieter, I'm not going into a warzone barefoot.

Steel helmet, check. Tactical kevlar, check. Grenades, check. Sniper rifle, check. SMG, check. Cargo pants with knee pads, check. Able to wiggle my bare feet in the grass ... nope.

It's just silly. I don't play to be silly.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well I'm now running around with my dirty t-shirt, bloody pants and bare feet. My inner Die Hard is happy. :lol:

On a mostly unrelated note. The other day I was playing and had an 8 time scope. I thought I saw something on the hill and scoped it. Turned out to be a bush as usual, but just below it was a naked man just laying prone with 0 items. I don't know if it was an afk, but it sure was odd. :lol: I proceeded to kill him anyway. This game can be so silly sometimes.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I don't wear shoes.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Hey Paingod, this is not my original source of confirmation that helmets provide spherical protection, but it's a very clear and easy to understand video of someone testing a lvl 1 helmet from the side and from the front. It's enough to convince me, but I was already convinced. I'll see if I can find something even more definitive later. This video was posted in September of this year, so it should be accurate to the current game. Most of the major game mechanic changes happened in earlier development.

quick and dirty lvl 1 helmet test
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm really having a hard time not giving up on this game. Played a bunch today and the cheating is so rampant that I just want to toss my computer into a wall. Fully armored driving an armored car and I'm killed by a ump in 1 second from a large distance. Happened multiple times. It's total crap. I honestly don't know when someone just kicked my butt or is totally cheating. I really wish I had an Xbone because at least on that version I would know if I just totally suck. :grund:

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Went onto the test server last night and was killing people left and right. So my feelings that things weren't right seem were about right. God I wish this was coming to the PS4 soon. They dropped another patch last night. I'm sure it was around cheating again, but it seems they are fighting a losing battle there. They really need to region lock the servers.

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Anyone still playing this? I really want to see the joys of playing a "Duo" game, but I seem to be on too late for you fellas. I play 12 AM to 3 AM EDT. I have been having a bit better luck making it to the top 5 lately, but never closing the deal. Did discover that my hotspot connection was handicapping me -- all things being even, my bullets apparently were flying to the target slower than my target's bullets were coming to me! Since my regular ISP finally works with PUBG, now I can take full credit for my multitude of painful and embarrassing deaths! :mrgreen:
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

While I'm generally up until 1am et it's a bit too late for me to be joining games. Next thing I know it's 3AM and I'm passing out in important meetings. :lol: On the weekend that would be fine. Even 11PM ET would be fine if that isn't too early. I've taken a mini break as I realized I'm only playing games that stress me out. :P :lol:

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

The holidays are coming. People ought to have some more availability (or less if traveling) after next week. I'm off from 12/15-1/2, but I am not the PUBG partner you are looking for. I just can't do the night owl thing as much any more.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I can do midnight to 1am fairly often, and easily on the weekend.

I haven't been firing up PUBG lately, spending most of my time trying to finish Bayonetta. I did log in to buy a chest with my accumulated points. The chest gave me a red shirt :/
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:33 pm I can do midnight to 1am fairly often, and easily on the weekend.

I haven't been firing up PUBG lately, spending most of my time trying to finish Bayonetta. I did log in to buy a chest with my accumulated points. The chest gave me a red shirt :/
Lol on the shirt.
Look for me in game or on Steam at midnight should you desire. I have been trying to find my headset, will redouble my efforts in case you get the inclination.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Sure. Probably not tonight, but possibly tomorrow.
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Still watch this thread every time it updates and still really like the game, just haven't played really anything lately other than Fantasy Grounds / D&D.

Haven't grown tired of the game at all just not enough personal bandwidth.
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Figured I'd run a few rounds tonight and the .exe got corrupted somehow. Weird. Tried to validate and it failed fixed it. So now I had to uninstall and download it again. Good thing I don't have a slow connection. :mrgreen:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Octavious wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:54 pm Tried to validate and it failed fixed it.
That is weird. I've had pretty good luck with the validate files functionality.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Turns out my anti-virus wacked it. Sorted it out now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Almost got a chicken dinner last night. Just me and one guy left and I choked. :(

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Sorry to hear that. I've never placed higher than 3rd, and that was only once, I believe.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Pshhh... I haven't lost a single match in like a month!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Solo is just so freaking hard. I really just aim to have a fun round where I shoot some people. If I want to be boring I'm sure I could hit top 10 pretty much every round. Drop in a not so dangerous area. Gear up. Hide.. :lol: I just can't bring myself to do that. It's just not fun.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

GreenGoo wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:23 pm Sure. Probably not tonight, but possibly tomorrow.
Will try to be on around midnight EST tonight Frey.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:44 pm
GreenGoo wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:23 pm Sure. Probably not tonight, but possibly tomorrow.
Will try to be on around midnight EST tonight Frey.
:horse:

Edit: Do we chat via Steam, or some form of in-game chat? If it's discord, I have it installed but may need an invite.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

We can do it lots of ways.

We've been using discord, so we might as well do that. I think we need to be friends on Steam as well. You can find me as "gronkle" although the alias displayed is GreenGoo. You will know you've got the right GreenGoo when you see I'm a member of the OO group.

I'll post an invite to the discord server later tonight, before midnight. I think the standard ones expire after 24 hrs or something.

I also default to offline on steam. I believe I have to make myself available there before an invite in game will work. Not 100% sure.

edit: Here's the invite link.

https://discord.gg/bbgXNH
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

So. Much. Fun.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Crap, when I play alone I turn off mic recording on my end, so the video I have is just you talking to yourself, Frey. That sucks.

I'll put up the videos tomorrow and let you know when they are available. It's often fun seeing how an encounter plays out from your partner's view point. I've also got at least 1 video where I'm spectating, so it's your viewpoint.

Was fun. Hope to do it again sometime.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

So I've decided that GreenGoo is a good luck charm, or whatever talisman that promotes raining shooty-death on other people. I consider it almost lottery ticket time when I kill someone in my games, and with Goo I think I got 2 or 3 in most every round. It even rubbed off for after his departure. Goo, I told you in-game that I could never hit someone in a vehicle. In fact, I snuck a round in near dinner time, and despite my target being in close proximity and being in a buggy, I actually had to blow it up with my AKM to hurt him! Yet, later last night, I managed to plunk a guy driving a UAV twice and actually headshot a guy in a moving boat! With no scope! :dance: Anyways, I have renewed vigor for the game. Hope to MP again soon.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Frey, some videos from our play last night are being uploaded. Will probably be a couple of hours before they are all ready. Here's the channel so you can just take a look whenever you have time.

GG's PUBG youtube

A couple of good ones, including our brawl in the shelter (which we won, for all you doubters out there!).

edit: Looks like there was an issue with the uploads. Slow, and 2 stalled. I think the last two should be done in the next 30 minutes or so.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Was tweaking my settings and realized I had my settings all cocked up all this time. Way too sensitive even when I thought I was dropping it down enough. Now I'm pulling off shots that I totally couldn't before. :horse: Had a funny round to end the night. I was stalking and annoying this one guy through town, but could never get the killing shot in. I chased him around town for a good 15 minutes. Finally the circle starts closing in and i know where we both have to go. I get there before him and plink him a bunch again but still didn't freaking die. He ends up getting a car right before me and spots me. I guess since I was annoying him so much he drove BACK into the circle at me to run me over. I proceeded to shoot him dead in the car and the car then ran me over. I was dying laughing.

Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Octavious, what are your settings now? I am still struggling to find the sweet spot where I can aim quickly and smoothly without swinging my gun around like a coked-up squirrel in April.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'd have to check the settings when I get home, but off the top of my head it's something like this.

Mouse DPI 800
General sensitivity = 33-35 (It's around that...)
Vehicle is 40ish
Everything else is 28

When I looked it up most if not all pros have the general sensitivity the same as their other settings (4X, 8X etc.) This didn't work for me. The general setting was to slow to move around and if I bumped the other settings up they were way too fast.

If you are having trouble quickly aiming at people it's surely the settings. It's like night and day for me once I worked it out. Only took me 300+ hours. ;)

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Couple more videos from playing with Frey again last night. Should be up in an hour or so. Will edit this post when I confirm they are available.

edit: first one is up. Shows us totally failing to breech some hunkered down baddies.

Breech

I didn't remember to turn on recording of my mic until 1/2 way through the evening.

Cannonball Run

2v2 shootout
Last edited by GreenGoo on Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I will probably be on late tonight if anyone wants to grab a game. I haven't played with anyone in a long time. Well except for when I thought this one guy on my friends list was from OO. Hint he wasn't. Hint he was crazy. Hint it was funny, but I wouldn't do that again. :lol: Hold on a sec while I go hit my bong. Sorry man I just spaced out and stared at the screen for 2 minutes. :lol:

UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

Would like to play some team play. I'm DoomU on steam.
Are you guys using the in game voice chat or some other to meet up?
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

UsulofDoom wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:14 pm Would like to play some team play. I'm DoomU on steam.
Are you guys using the in game voice chat or some other to meet up?
Discord: Here's an invite link good for 24 hours. OO discord server

I'll pop my head in tonight and see what's going on.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Got 2nd place tonight on the second game I allowed myself to play. Got shot as I left a building by the winner camping the doorway, and I turned the wrong way when I came out.
It's almost as if people are the problem.