Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via Megamek II

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

NickAragua

Re: Let's Play Together: GM'd Battletech via Megamek II

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:57 pm Thanks. And at 1525, none of the vehicles outside of the compound / building should be able to hit me, on account of the level 2 building behind me, although the vindicator and the small laser turrets could, right? Could the single LRM10 turret hit me?

If so I'll move to 1525, torso twist to the left, and fire everything at the Vindicator.

On the firestarter, 0826 can't hit 0927, right? If so I'll jump the firestarter to 0932 and fire the large laser at the Saracen. Other weapons too if the targeting #s and heat make sense (which I think they probably won't).

Maxim should get to the safest position closest to the compound that he can.
LRM10 turret can't hit you at 1525. The dual small laser can, the other one can't (out of range). You might take some indirect LRM fire, as the second small laser will probably spot for it. Well, better than two AC/20s anyway. The Vindicator *might* hit you with some things, but it can't twist so not much (just the small laser in the left arm, I believe).

From the top of the building at 0826, you can hit 0927 easy with ranged weapons. No melee though.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:05 pm
El Guapo wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:57 pm Thanks. And at 1525, none of the vehicles outside of the compound / building should be able to hit me, on account of the level 2 building behind me, although the vindicator and the small laser turrets could, right? Could the single LRM10 turret hit me?

If so I'll move to 1525, torso twist to the left, and fire everything at the Vindicator.

On the firestarter, 0826 can't hit 0927, right? If so I'll jump the firestarter to 0932 and fire the large laser at the Saracen. Other weapons too if the targeting #s and heat make sense (which I think they probably won't).

Maxim should get to the safest position closest to the compound that he can.
LRM10 turret can't hit you at 1525. The dual small laser can, the other one can't (out of range). You might take some indirect LRM fire, as the second small laser will probably spot for it. Well, better than two AC/20s anyway. The Vindicator *might* hit you with some things, but it can't twist so not much (just the small laser in the left arm, I believe).

From the top of the building at 0826, you can hit 0927 easy with ranged weapons. No melee though.
Ok, then I'll stick with moving to 1525 with the Hunchback, and jump to 0826 with the Firestarter. Fire large laser (and anything else that makes sense) at 0927.

I enjoy the butt flamer on the enemy support tank, by the way.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:10 pm I enjoy the butt flamer on the enemy support tank, by the way.
I think they prefer to call it a "turbo booster", thank you very much.
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Turn 7:
The compound wall wasn't quite designed with mechs in mind, so El Guapo's Hunchback easily climbs over it and out of reach of the Saladins. The AC/20 burps up a string of heavy duty rounds and rips the armor and most of the structure off the target Vindicator's right torso. El Guapo gets lit up by a few small lasers, and indirect-fire LRMs land all around his position, but he's clear. The Centurion is unable to capitalize on the Vindicator's weakness, unfortunately.

The Firestarter briefly considers hopping onto a building next to the Saracen, but decides she can't make it with the high gravity and goes to her original considered position instead.

The Warhammer holds the PPCs and engages with short range weapons instead. The Saracen fires some SRMs and LRMs in a panic, most of which whiff. Luckily for it, the Warhammer only scores one hit with a medium laser. It also dodges several shots from the approaching Assassin, but fails to get away from the mech's boot, getting jammed in between a sturdy lamp post and a building facade.

Isgrimnur and the Galleon light tank exchange fire, the Galleon scoring a medium laser hit, the offending medium laser subsequently being sliced off, ruining the vehicle's main armament. The Vindicator further down the street whiffs completely.

The Maxim fires at the retreating Dervish to the north, scoring a few LRM hits, but nothing major.

Raw Movement, Firing, Heat data:
Spoiler:
Firestarter FS9-K2 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (jumped in high gravity).
Needs 4 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (jumped in high gravity)], rolls 9 : succeeds.

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

Weapons fire for Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    AC/20 (Tracer ammo) at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 7, rolls 7 : hits RT
        Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation) takes 19 damage to RT.
            Armor destroyed.
             3 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 2; no effect.

Medium Laser at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits LA
        Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation) takes 5 damage to LA.
            6 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits CT
        Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation) takes 5 damage to CT.
            13 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation)
    SRM 2 at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

SRM 2 at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 9 : 1 missile(s) hit.

Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to CT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 4.
            32 Armor remaining.

SRM 2 at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

LRM 10 at Maxim Heavy Hover Transport (Standard) (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Medium Laser at Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits FR
        Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation) takes 5 damage to FR.
            19 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Small Laser at Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

Small Laser at Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

Weapons fire for Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Capellan Confederation)
    Medium Laser at Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits LA
        Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LA.
            6 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Firestarter FS9-K2 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Large Laser at Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation); needs 11, rolls 2 : misses

Weapons fire for Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation)
    PPC at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 5 at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 10 : misses

Weapons fire for Small Laser Turret (Dual) (Capellan Confederation)
    Small Laser at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 10 : hits LL
        Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LL.
            17 Armor remaining.

Small Laser at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 11 : hits CT
        Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to CT.
            23 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords)
    PPC at Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Capellan Confederation); needs 7, rolls 8 : hits FR
        Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Capellan Confederation) takes 10 damage to FR.
            1 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 10 : hits TU (critical)
        Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Capellan Confederation) takes 5 damage to TU (critical).
            9 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on TU. Roll is 8; Medium Laser malfunctions.

LRM 5 at Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Capellan Confederation); needs 10, rolls 9 : misses

Weapons fire for Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Medium Laser at Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

SRM 2 at Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 5 at Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation)
    PPC at Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 5 at Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 3 : misses

Medium Laser at Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) (Capellan Confederation)
    LRM 10 at Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Hunter Light Support Tank (Standard) (Capellan Confederation)
    LRM 20 at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Large Laser at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Laser at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 10 at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Striker Light Tank (LRM) (Capellan Confederation)
    LRM 15 at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for LRM/10 Turret (Single) (Capellan Confederation)
    LRM 10 at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation)
    LRM 10 at Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 4 : misses

Weapons fire for Maxim Heavy Hover Transport (Standard) (1st Octopus Overlords)
    LRM 5 at Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 8 : 3 missile(s) hit.

Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation) takes 3 damage to LA.
            4 Armor remaining.

LRM 5 at Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 8 : 4 missile(s) hit.

Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation) takes 4 damage to CT.
            6 Armor remaining.

SRM 6 at Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 6 [6 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (6 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 7, rolls 10 : succeeds.

Physical Attack Phase
-------------------

Physical attacks for Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation); needs 7, rolls 7 : hits LS
        Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation) takes 8 damage to LS.
            12 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 13; (w/ +3 bonus)
             Major damage, vehicle immobile.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Firestarter FS9-K2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 12 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 8 heat, sinks 19 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Stinger STG-3R (Capellan Confederation) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Locust LCT-1E (Capellan Confederation) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation) gains 15 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 17 heat, sinks 16 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation) gains 16 heat, sinks 16 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation) gains 5 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Enlarge Image

The enemy force drops back a little, in preparation for another charge presumably.

The crippled Stinger finally manages to get up and run for the board edge. The Maxim advances next to the mostly-wrecked LRM turret, and it appears that one of the enemy Vindicators is targeting it. El Guapo's opponent walks along the wall, trailing sparks and wires from its right torso section, while an enemy Phoenix Hawk closes in.

El Guapo sees the Swiftwind through the front gates and idly wonders what it's trying to do.

"Ready to disembark. We'll hop over the wall and search the building, just keep 'em off of us." the search and rescue squad squawks over the radio.
Black Lives Matter
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

The assassin will move up to 924, turn to face the vindicator, and back up one square to 0824. He will fire his LRMs at the Swiftwind and his medium lasers at the Vindicator in front of him.

The Centurion will move to 1126 and fire the lasers at the Vindicator in 1023 and will fire LRMs at the Swiftwind using the Assassin to spot for indirect fire.

Does all that work or did I screw up a bunch of rules?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Only two:

You can't step over the Saracen, it's still technically taking up space. You can jump to 0824 but piloting roll etc.

Also, you can't spot and fire in the same turn.

Centurion movement is fine though.
Black Lives Matter
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Hmm. Urg. Well, lets gamble and go for the jump, then. The Assassin will skip firing in order to spot for the Centurion. It's not like he's hit anything so far anyway. :/
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

gbasden wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:00 am Hmm. Urg. Well, lets gamble and go for the jump, then. The Assassin will skip firing in order to spot for the Centurion. It's not like he's hit anything so far anyway. :/
FYI, the rules for indirect fire:
- Add +1 for indirect fire
- Add spotter movement modifier
- Add +1 if spotter fires
- Use spotter range modifier instead of attacker range modifier
- Use intervening terrain modifiers from spotter instead of attacker
- Add attacker/target movement modifiers as normal

So, it'll be something like 4 base, +3 spotter jumped, +1 indirect, +2 medium range from spotter (8), +2 attacker ran, +3 target moved 7 hexes. So, uh we're looking at 15+. You can drop that to 13+ by going to 0924 to get rid of the medium range modifier and 11+ by not moving the Centurion. Still not the best odds even in that case.

I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't advise it.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Let's put the Warhammer at 1128, facing north to engage the Vindicator.

And I'll keep pounding on the Saracen.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So my Hunchback is at -1 move this turn due to 5 heat, right? How much heat is generated by moving?

Related: is there a link to the rules handy?

I'm thinking - Hunchback - run to 1324 (should be 1 move to turn left, 2 move to go to level 1 building, 2 move to move ahead to next space), then torso twist to the right. Fire the AC/20, small laser, and left arm medium laser at the Vindicator. Punch him with the right arm. Kick him if I can (guess I can't since he's higher than me), but if not kick the building that he's on.

Where are the Dervish's weapons located? What can it fire south (towards the Firestarter) given its facing (towards a building to the southeast)?

For the firestarter thinking I'll run to 0925 and fire the large laser and small lasers at the Vindicator in 1023 (depending upon what the Dervish can fire at me).

Maxim can do its pilot rescuing thing.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Quick start rules cover most of the basic situations.

You generate 1 heat by walking, 2 heat by running, 1 heat per hex jumped (not an issue for the Hunchback).

You won't be able to do physical attacks vs the Vindicator from 1324, as he's on a height 2 building. Good part? You don't get kicked in the head, either.

The Dervish can torso twist right and fire everything down the street, but he's somewhat limited by heat, so it'll probably be just the LRMs or the lasers/SRMs depending on the range.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Thanks. I'll stick with my plan, then. And I'll kick the building that the Vindicator is standing on, at any rate - maybe it'll knock the CF down enough to cause him problems.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Whoop, looks like you can't run to 0925, as that Saracen is technically blocking your path.

Also, uh, other minor problem, the building you're walking over doesn't have the CF to support the Hunchback (it's only CF 40).

However, you may attempt to walk *through* the building, requiring a 4+ piloting roll (and I think you also have a risk of stumbling into a basement).

I uh, may only have noticed this after starting to process the turn. Whoops! Good thing I keep a lot of saved states around.
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Heh, looked at the "basement table", and apparently you roll a 2d6 and get a basement on a 2-4 or 10-12. So, not the highest odds ever, but non-zero.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:25 pm Heh, looked at the "basement table", and apparently you roll a 2d6 and get a basement on a 2-4 or 10-12. So, not the highest odds ever, but non-zero.
What happens if you get a basement? Fall and take damage?
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

The Saladin and Harrasser can't hit 1325, can they? If so I'll run to there, and torso twist to the right, and fire on the Vindicator as before.

Firestarter will move into the Saracen's space, then. Fire at the VIndicator as before - I think there's LOS there.

Nothing to be achieved by the FIrestarter kicking the Saracen, right?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Yeah, fall and take damage from basements. You also wind up on a lower elevation so it's tough to climb out. And somebody may collapse the building on top of you.

The hovercraft can't hit 1325, no.

No point to kicking the Saracen, they're waving a French... er... white flag.
Black Lives Matter
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Round 7:
The Assassin hops over the Saracen it just disabled, but crunches the internal structure on its legs a little bit. No serious equipment damage though. He scores a couple of hits on the Vindicator targeting the Maxim, a medium laser and some SRMs.

The Warhammer rounds the corner and opens up on the same Vindicator, attracting its attention with a PPC and a medium laser. It fires back, hitting the right torso with its PPC. The Centurion complements the Warhammer's fire with a four-pack of lasers, stripping all armor from the Vindicator's left leg while absorbing a few LRMs. The Maxim adds some LRMs and SRMs to the mix, damaging two arm actuators on the ground-level Vindicator's PPC arm.

El Guapo nails the walltop Vindicator with the AC/20 again, almost ripping off the right arm. It splits its fire, hitting the Warhammer with one PPC and some LRMs while directing a medium laser at the Hunchback's right arm. As usual, several salvos of indirect LRMs pepper the courtyard, but wind up missing El Guapo's mech.

The Warhammer, having taken multiple PPCs, falls over. The Vindicator stays up.

Isgrimnur whiffs his shots at the weaving Saracen - the driver then floors it and breaks west.

Raw movement, heat, firing data:
Spoiler:
Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check while moving in hex 1129 (running & turning on pavement).
Needs 3 [4 (Base piloting skill) - 1 (running & turning on pavement)], rolls 10 : succeeds.

Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (jumped in high gravity).
Needs 6 [5 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (cramped cockpit) + 0 (jumped in high gravity)], rolls 5 : fails.
        Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to Internal Structure of RL.
             9 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is 5; no effect.

Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to Internal Structure of LL.
             9 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is 6; no effect.

Offboard Attack Phase
-------------------

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

Crew of Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Capellan Confederation) repairs weapon malfunction in Medium Laser.

PPC at Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 6 : hits LT
        Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation) takes 10 damage to LT.
            6 Armor remaining.

PPC at Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Laser at Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits RL
        Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation) takes 5 damage to RL.
            13 Armor remaining.

PPC at Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) (Capellan Confederation); needs 8, rolls 3 : misses

Medium Laser at Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) (Capellan Confederation); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 5 at Saracen Medium Hover Tank (Standard) (Capellan Confederation); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

AC/20 (Tracer ammo) at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 5, rolls 8 : hits RA (critical)
        Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation) takes 19 damage to RA (critical).
            Armor destroyed.
             2 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is 4; no effect.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is 7; no effect.

Medium Laser at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Laser at Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation); needs 8, rolls 8 : hits (using Right Side table) RA
        Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation) takes 5 damage to RA.
            9 Armor remaining.

SRM 2 at Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation); needs 8, rolls 11 : 2 missile(s) hit (using Right Side table).

Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation) takes 2 damage to RT.
            14 Armor remaining.

Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation) takes 2 damage to RA.
            7 Armor remaining.

LRM 5 at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 11, rolls 6 : misses

Small Laser at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 9 : misses

Small Laser at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

PPC at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 9 : hits RT
        Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to RT.
        Needs 7+ to destroy Searchlight, rolls 9.
        Searchlight destroyed!
            10 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 5 at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Large Laser at Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 10 : hits LL
        Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation) takes 8 damage to LL.
            0 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 11 : hits RT
        Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation) takes 5 damage to RT.
            9 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 10 : hits LA
        Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation) takes 5 damage to LA.
            9 Armor remaining.

Small Laser at Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

LRM 10 at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

LRM 10 at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 10 at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 8 : 6 missile(s) hit.

Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LA.
            11 Armor remaining.

Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to LT.
            16 Armor remaining.

SRM 2 at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 9 : misses

SRM 2 at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 8 : misses

SRM 2 at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 8 : misses

PPC at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 10 : hits CT
        Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 10 damage to CT.
            22 Armor remaining.

LRM 5 at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 11 : 3 missile(s) hit.

Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to RT.
            7 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 12 : hits RA (critical)
        Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RA (critical).
            9 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is 6; no effect.

Machine Gun at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 4 : misses

Machine Gun at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

LRM 20 at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Large Laser at Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

LRM 15 at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

LRM 10 at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

LRM 5 at Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation); needs 8, rolls 5 : misses

LRM 5 at Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

SRM 6 at Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 6 : 3 missile(s) hit.

Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation) takes 2 damage to LA.
            7 Armor remaining.

Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation) takes 2 damage to RA (critical).
            5 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is 10; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Upper Arm.
            CRITICAL HIT on Lower Arm.

Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation) takes 2 damage to RA.
            3 Armor remaining.

Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 4 [4 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 5, rolls 3 : falls.
    Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) falls on its rear, suffering 8 damage.
        Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LA.
            14 Armor remaining.

Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) takes hit at HD, but it is rerolled with edge.

Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) has 0 edge remaining.
        Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LTR.
            5 Armor remaining.

Pilot of Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) "Lieutenant Zanthe Papathanassiou" must roll 5 to avoid damage; rolls 3 : fails.
        Pilot of Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) "Lieutenant Zanthe Papathanassiou" takes 1 damage (1 total hits).
        Pilot of Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) "Lieutenant Zanthe Papathanassiou" needs a 3 to stay conscious. Rolls 4 : successful!

Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (40+ damage).
The base target is 6 [6 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (6 (Base piloting skill) + 2 (40+ damage)); needs 8, rolls 10 : succeeds.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Firestarter FS9-K2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 9 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 24 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 12 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Stinger STG-3R (Capellan Confederation) gains 4 heat, sinks 4 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Locust LCT-1E (Capellan Confederation) gains 0 heat, sinks 0 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation) gains 16 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation) gains 2 heat, sinks 2 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 17 heat, sinks 16 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation) gains 16 heat, sinks 16 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation) gains 9 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Enlarge Image

Without name tags cluttering things up:
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
The enemy Stinger leaves the field. The mechwarrior in the Locust regains consciousness and takes his mech up to a knee, eyeing the back of the Firestarter. A non-trivial number of enemy units go in to dogpile on the fallen Warhammer. The damaged 1R Vindicator backs up out of the crossfire, letting its vehicle buddies take the heat.

The wall-top 1X Vindicator sees the Maxim plow through the damaged outer wall section with the destroyed turret and moves to intercept.

The Swiftwind drives through the front gate, and El Guapo can see some activity at the compound door.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Move to 1117 and turn to face the Dervish and open up on him. I guess the WH will try to stand up. :|
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So the Scout car is presumably trying to take away the guy we're rescuing?
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ok, here's the plan

Firestarter - jump to 1326. Fire everything at the VIndicator in 1426. Also kick the building that the Vindicator is standing on.

Hunchback - walk to 1324, face towards the scout car. Fire AC/20 at the Vindicator in 1426. Fire medium lasers at the scout car. Also fire small laser if the odds of hitting aren't shitty.

If the Maxim could also shoot at the scout car while doing it's thing, that would be great as well.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

A reasonable assumption.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Is the search and rescue team going to fight whomever is going into the building from the scout car?

Also - are we screwed? Sure are a lot of enemies in and around this compound...
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:44 pm Is the search and rescue team going to fight whomever is going into the building from the scout car?

Also - are we screwed? Sure are a lot of enemies in and around this compound...
I would be a lot more aggressive with physical attacks against vehicles. Also, you'll want to put a lot of effort into staying out of those Saladin firing arcs.

You'll want to take out the scout car for sure, don't want any Capellan jerks taking Madmarcus out of here. The infantry will easily overpower any local security forces (they're KGB spooks, not warriors).
Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:18 pm Move to 1117 and turn to face the Dervish and open up on him. I guess the WH will try to stand up. :|
Standing up takes "only" 2 MP, so you can do other stuff afterwards if you succeed the PSR.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

If getting up allows facing changes, we'll face 1227, back up two to 0928, unload everything but the small lasers at the PH, and use the small lasers plus a boot, if permitted, at the Scorpion.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

The Assassin will jump to 1423 and shoot at the Swiftwind.

The Centurion will move to 1024, shoot lasers at the Saladin in 924, and kick the adjacent Saladin.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Round 9:
El Guapo is pretty focused on the Swiftwind, so he kind of whiffs the AC/20 shot at the Vindicator. One of the medium lasers does take a wheel off the rear right side of the scout car, so that thing is going nowhere. The group of Capellans dragging a comatose-looking figure out the front door stand there for a second, looking confused, trying to decide if they should run for the car or not. The Assasin then hops over the wall (crunching internal leg structure again) and slices the crippled vehicle in half with the medium laser. El Guapo takes a few LRMs from the southeast corner LRM turret and over the wall, but nothing breaches armor. The Capellan KGB spooks rush back inside the building.

The Maxim takes the right arm off the walltop Vindicator with an SRM, providing cover fire for the disembarking infantry.

The Centurion takes a bit of a pounding - a few lasers from the Galleon, SRMs from the Harasser missile platform. Only one small laser hits the Saladin in front of the mech though, damaging an air intake. He stomps the Saladin zipping around underfoot though, crunching through the weak left side armor and shattering the vehicle.

The Warhammer gets up but fails to land any shots, taking a little return fire from its targets. Lt. Scrub then crunches her boot through the front of the Scorpion, snapping away armor, treads and sensor clusters, and slams the "shutdown override" button just in time to avoid having the mech power down while surrounded by a bunch of AC/20 Saladins.

Isgrimnur walks around the corner, unloading on the Dervish. The PPC strips the armor off the left arm, then a small laser takes it off. He also squeezes off a round of LRMs at the Galleon in the distance, breaching its front armor. He takes some return fire from the Dervish, but it's sandpaper against his armor.

Nobody notices too much, but the wind has picked up a little, turning into a light gale and impeding missile fire.

Spoiler:

Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (getting up).
Needs 4 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (getting up)], rolls 9 : succeeds.

Firestarter FS9-K2 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (jumped in high gravity).
Needs 4 [4 (Base piloting skill) + 0 (jumped in high gravity)], rolls 7 : succeeds.

Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check (jumped in high gravity).
Needs 6 [5 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (cramped cockpit) + 0 (jumped in high gravity)], rolls 2 : fails.
        Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to Internal Structure of RL.
             8 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is 4; no effect.

Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to Internal Structure of LL.
             8 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LL. Roll is 3; no effect.

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

Weapons fire for Scorpion Light Tank (Standard) (Capellan Confederation)
    AC/5 at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

Machine Gun at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 8 : hits CT
            20 Armor remaining.

AC/20 (Tracer ammo) at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 3 : misses

Medium Laser at Swift Wind Scout Car (Standard) (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits (using Left Side table) LS
        Swift Wind Scout Car (Standard) (Capellan Confederation) takes 5 damage to LS.
            1 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Swift Wind Scout Car (Standard) (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 9 : hits (using Left Side table) RR
        Swift Wind Scout Car (Standard) (Capellan Confederation) takes 5 damage to RR.
            1 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 12; (w/ +4 bonus)

Small Laser at Swift Wind Scout Car (Standard) (Capellan Confederation); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Locust LCT-1E (Capellan Confederation)
    Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 12 : hits (using Right Side table) RL
        Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RL.
            25 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 7 : misses

SRM 6 at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

SRM 2 at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 8 : 1 missile(s) hit.

Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation) takes 2 damage to RA.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
            Critical hit on RA. Roll is 10; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on +PPC.
            CRITICAL HIT on Lower Arm.

Machine Gun at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits RT
        Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation) takes 2 damage to RT.
             1 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 7; no effect.

Machine Gun at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 4 : misses

Machine Gun at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits RL
        Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation) takes 2 damage to RL.
            11 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Capellan Confederation)
    Medium Laser at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 10 : hits (using Right Side table) RA
        Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RA.
            11 Armor remaining.

Small Laser at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 8 : hits (using Right Side table) RT
        Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to RT.
            14 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation)
    AC/20 at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

Large Laser at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

Small Laser at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 10, rolls 9 : misses

Small Laser at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Weapons fire for Harasser Missile Platform (Standard) (Capellan Confederation)
    SRM 6 at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

SRM 6 at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 7 : 4 missile(s) hit.

Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LT.
            14 Armor remaining.

Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LA.
            9 Armor remaining.

Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RA.
            9 Armor remaining.

Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LA.
            7 Armor remaining.

PPC at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation); needs 10, rolls 8 : misses

PPC at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 2 : misses

Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

Small Laser at Scorpion Light Tank (Standard) (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

Small Laser at Scorpion Light Tank (Standard) (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 10 at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 12, rolls 11 : misses

LRM 10 at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 8 : 4 missile(s) hit.

Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to LL.
            13 Armor remaining.

PPC at Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation); needs 8, rolls 8 : hits LA
        Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation) takes 10 damage to LA.
            Armor destroyed.
             3 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is 4; no effect.

Medium Laser at Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits LL
        Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation) takes 5 damage to LL.
            10 Armor remaining.

Small Laser at Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation); needs 8, rolls 9 : hits LA
        Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation) takes 3 damage to LA.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
            Critical hit on LA. Roll is 9; 1 location.
            CRITICAL HIT on +Medium Laser.

LRM 5 at Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 12 : 2 missile(s) hit.

Galleon Light Tank GAL-100 (Capellan Confederation) takes 2 damage to FR.
            Armor destroyed.
            Critical hit on FR. Roll is 4; no effect.

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation)
    Large Laser at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 10 : hits LL
        Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 8 damage to LL.
            22 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Laser at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

Machine Gun at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 4 : misses

Machine Gun at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 5 : misses

Small Laser at Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Small Laser at Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

PPC at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

LRM 5 at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Swift Wind Scout Car (Standard) (Capellan Confederation); needs 8, rolls 8 : hits (using Left Side table) LS
        Swift Wind Scout Car (Standard) (Capellan Confederation) takes 5 damage to LS.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** Swift Wind Scout Car (Standard) (Capellan Confederation) DESTROYED by damage! ***
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is 6; Crew stunned for 1 turns.

SRM 2 at Swift Wind Scout Car (Standard) (Capellan Confederation); needs 8, rolls 9 : 1 missile(s) hit (using Left Side table).

Swift Wind Scout Car (Standard) (Capellan Confederation) takes 2 damage to LS.

LRM 15 at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 10 : 9 missile(s) hit.

Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LA.
            11 Armor remaining.

Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 4 damage to LL.
            9 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 8 : hits RL
        Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RL.
            13 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 10 : hits RL
        Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RL.
            8 Armor remaining.

SRM 2 at Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 5 : 1 missile(s) hit.

Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RL.
            6 Armor remaining.

SRM 2 at Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 5, rolls 9 : 2 missile(s) hit.

Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to CT.
            16 Armor remaining.

Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to CT.
            14 Armor remaining.

LRM 20 at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 6 : misses

PPC at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Machine Gun at Maxim Heavy Hover Transport (Standard) (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

Machine Gun at Maxim Heavy Hover Transport (Standard) (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 7 : misses

Large Laser at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 8 : misses

Small Laser at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 9 : hits (using Left Side table) RR
        Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation) takes 3 damage to RR.
            2 Armor remaining.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 7; (w/ +5 bonus)
             Minor damage, +1 to driving skill rolls.

Physical Attack Phase
-------------------

Physical attacks for Firestarter FS9-K2 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Hex 1426 of Building #1649112234 (Collapse), the kick is an automatic hit (Targeting adjacent building.), hits.
        Heavy Standard Building #1649112234 absorbs 7 points of damage.

Physical attacks for Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Scorpion Light Tank (Standard) (Capellan Confederation); needs 5, rolls 6 : hits (using Left Side table) FR
        Scorpion Light Tank (Standard) (Capellan Confederation) takes 14 damage to FR.
            Armor destroyed.
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 9; (w/ +2 bonus)
             Moderate damage, +2 to driving skill rolls, -1 MP.
            Critical hit on FR. Roll is 7; Sensors Hit!

Kick (Left leg) at Hex 1422 of Building #1649112234 (Collapse), the kick is an automatic hit (Targeting adjacent building.), hits.
        Heavy Standard Building #1649112234 absorbs 8 points of damage.

Physical attacks for Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) #3 (Capellan Confederation); needs 5, rolls 5 : hits (using Random Side table) LS
        Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) #3 (Capellan Confederation) takes 10 damage to LS.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) #3 (Capellan Confederation) DESTROYED by damage! ***
            Chance for motive system damage. Roll is 13; (w/ +3 bonus)
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is 5; no effect.

Heat Phase
-------------------
Firestarter FS9-K2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 14 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 6 heat.
Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 30 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 14 heat.
Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) needs a 4+ to avoid shutdown, rolls 10 : avoids successfully!
Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 17 heat, sinks 16 heat and is now at 1 heat.
Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 6 heat.
Locust LCT-1E (Capellan Confederation) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation) gains 14 heat, sinks 15 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation) gains 16 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 6 heat.
Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 11 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 16 heat, sinks 16 heat and is now at 2 heat.
Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation) gains 10 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Enlarge Image

The Scorpion and Galleon quickly begin to roll away from the fight: they're done.

Slowly and painfully, the Locust to the south gets up. Quite a feat with a damaged gyro, but he did it.

The enemy Phoenix Hawk joins the Vindicator on top of the wall, while the Saladins and Harasser cluster around the Warhammer like vultures.

The Dervish tries to rejoin the formation but slips up on the pavement and goes down.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Firestarter will stay where he is and fire all his lasers (but not his flamer) at the Phoenix Hawk next to him

Hunchback will move to 1425 and fire the AC/20 and medium lasers at the phoenix hawk.

The Maxim (and Assassin) I think should focus fire on the Vindicator on the wall to hopefully finish that damn thing off.
Black Lives Matter.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

The assassin will indeed fire at the Vindicator on the wall, nursing the crunched leg actuators. That's definitely enough jumping for now.

How dire is the Warhammer's predicament? I could bring the Centurion down and get some laser shots at the Saladin, but I can't close to melee and the vindicator is going to have a straight shot at my back. What do you think, Isgrimnur?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

gbasden wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:32 am How dire is the Warhammer's predicament? I could bring the Centurion down and get some laser shots at the Saladin, but I can't close to melee and the vindicator is going to have a straight shot at my back. What do you think, Isgrimnur?
Right torso armor is at 7. Left arm armor is at 14. Everything else is slightly higher than 20.

Also, it has 4/6 movement, so the centurion *could* get to 0927 and rotate once to face its back away from the Vindicator.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Also the Warhammer could run to 1127 (two forward, turn right twice, back up one space), and then I'm pretty sure he would only be shot at by the Harasser, which he should be able to take ok. I'd suggest 1128 and a kick to the harasser, but I think that would expose him to the Saladin in 0928.

I'd also suggest just firing the lasers at the Harasser this turn, as that would let it dissipate its heat.
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Warhammer is pretty badly overheated, eating a -2 MP penalty. Current movement is 2/3. But yeah, you definitely want to reduce the number of Saladin firing arcs you're in.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:03 am Warhammer is pretty badly overheated, eating a -2 MP penalty. Current movement is 2/3. But yeah, you definitely want to reduce the number of Saladin firing arcs you're in.
Ah, that's a problem. In that case I'd suggest turning the Warhammer to the right and backing up into 0828. Then the 0828 Saladin can't hit it. I'm assuming that the 'front arc' on the 0928 Saladin covers 0828, but that would only be one AC/20, and you'd get the defensive fortifications, and you could stomp on the 0828 Saladin or kick the 0928 Saladin. And fire off the lasers while dissipating the built-up heat.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Also, you can't run and back up.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WH forward teo, rotate right, torso twist right to engage the Harasser at point-blank range with low-heat and melee if possible.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

vindy forward one to keep that Dervish in pain.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

OK. The Centurion will move to 0926 facing SE and will shoot at the Saladin in 0928.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Round 9:
Our units in the compound fire at the enemies on the walls.

The Firestarter and El Guapo double team on the Phoenix Hawk, El Guapo's autocannon and the Firestarter's large laser blasting through the right torso armor and leaving tiny little slivers of internal structure. The Phoenix Hawk is in a cooldown cycle this turn, so it only fires the one medium laser and two machineguns, eating away at the Firestarter's left torso armor. As usual, indirect-fire LRMs splash down all around El Guapo's mech. He frowns slightly as the ammo counter on the AC/20 indicates two "portions" left.

The Assassin takes a couple of small lasers to the legs from the nearby small laser turret, despite the Maxim's efforts to blow it to bits - one of the small laser turret barrels jams. Meanwhile, the Assassin pilot concentrates on the Vindicator, finishing off the right torso with an SRM salvo, and gives the small laser turret's building a bonus boot, causing the second barrel to jam as well.

The Warhammer takes an AC/20 round to the right arm and a bunch of SRMs scattered around. The right arm structure is exposed now, but it's still fine. The heat introduces some serious inaccuracy to the targeting reticle, so the two token lasers go wide, but the foot comes down directly on the Harasser, crushing it flat.

The infantry moves into the building and engages the local security detail. A stray LRM from the wall-top Vindicator nails one of the troopers, but the squad is still ok.

Isgrimnur's target thrashes around too much and only winds up eating a medium laser to an arm and a boot to the, left torso, absorbed by the armor.

Spoiler:
Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords) must make a piloting skill check while moving in hex 0925 (running & turning on pavement).
Needs 3 [4 (Base piloting skill) - 1 (running & turning on pavement)], rolls 12 : succeeds.

Weapon Attack Phase
-------------------

LRM 5 at Hex 1422 of Building #1649112234 (Collapse), the shot is an automatic hit (Targeting adjacent building.), rolls 5 : 5 missile(s) hit.

Heavy Standard Building #1649112234 absorbs 5 points of damage.

LRM 5 at Hex 1422 of Building #1649112234 (Collapse), the shot is an automatic hit (Targeting adjacent building.), rolls 9 : 5 missile(s) hit.

Heavy Standard Building #1649112234 absorbs 5 points of damage.

SRM 6 at Hex 1422 of Building #1649112234 (Collapse), the shot is an automatic hit (Targeting adjacent building.), rolls 10 : 6 missile(s) hit.

Heavy Standard Building #1649112234 absorbs 12 points of damage.
        Damage threshold exceeded. Possible critical hit!
            +Small Laser jams!

Machine Gun at Hex 1422 of Building #1649112234 (Collapse), the shot is an automatic hit (Targeting adjacent building.), rolls 9 : hits.

Heavy Standard Building #1649112234 absorbs 2 points of damage.

Machine Gun at Hex 1422 of Building #1649112234 (Collapse), the shot is an automatic hit (Targeting adjacent building.), rolls 5 : hits.

Machine Gun at Hex 1422 of Building #1649112234 (Collapse), the shot is an automatic hit (Targeting adjacent building.), rolls 5 : hits.

LRM 5 at Hex 1721 of Building #1649112234 (Collapse)needs 7, rolls 12 : 4 missile(s) hit.

Heavy Standard Building #1649112234 absorbs 4 points of damage.

Large Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 11 : hits RT
        Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation) takes 8 damage to RT.
            10 Armor remaining.

Small Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 2 : misses

Small Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 4 : misses

Medium Laser at Harasser Missile Platform (Standard) (Capellan Confederation); needs 12, rolls 6 : misses

Small Laser at Harasser Missile Platform (Standard) (Capellan Confederation); needs 12, rolls 7 : misses

Weapons fire for Locust LCT-1E (Capellan Confederation)
    Medium Laser at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 2 : misses

Medium Laser at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 10, rolls 4 : misses

PPC at Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Medium Laser at Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 8 : hits (using Right Side table) RA
        Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation) takes 5 damage to RA.
            5 Armor remaining.

Small Laser at Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 5 : misses

Medium Laser at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

LRM 5 at Hex 1424 of Building #243967769 (Collapse)needs 8, rolls 10 : 3 missile(s) hit.

Light Fortress Building #243967769 absorbs 3 points of damage.

Damage changed to 1 due to building scale.
            2 damage is passed on to Jump Platoon (LRM) (1st Octopus Overlords).
        Jump Platoon (LRM) (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 1 damage to MEN.
            14 men alive

Machine Gun at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

Machine Gun at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 3 : misses

Weapons fire for Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) #2 (Capellan Confederation)
    AC/20 at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 8 : hits (using Right Side table) RA
        Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 20 damage to RA.
            0 Armor remaining.

Weapons fire for Harasser Missile Platform (Standard) (Capellan Confederation)
    SRM 6 at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

SRM 6 at Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 9 : 4 missile(s) hit.

Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
            5 Armor remaining.

18 Armor remaining.

Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to LA.
            12 Armor remaining.

16 Armor remaining.

AC/20 (Tracer ammo) at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 9 : hits RT
        Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation) takes 19 damage to RT.
            Armor destroyed.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 7; no effect.

Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation); needs 7, rolls 3 : misses

Medium Laser at Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation); needs 7, rolls 5 : misses

Weapons fire for Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation)
    Medium Laser at Firestarter FS9-K2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 9 : hits LT
        Firestarter FS9-K2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to LT.
            1 Armor remaining.

Machine Gun at Firestarter FS9-K2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 4 : misses

Machine Gun at Firestarter FS9-K2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 12 : hits RT
        Firestarter FS9-K2 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 2 damage to RT.
            7 Armor remaining.

Medium Laser at Firestarter FS9-K2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 7, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 10 at Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Small Laser at Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 7 : hits LL
        Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to LL.
            3 Armor remaining.

Small Laser at Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 6, rolls 8 : hits RL (critical)
        Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 3 damage to RL (critical).
            3 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on RL. Roll is 6; no effect.

Medium Laser at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 11 : hits RL
        Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation) takes 5 damage to RL.
            6 Armor remaining.

SRM 2 at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 6, rolls 6 : 2 missile(s) hit.

Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation) takes 2 damage to RA.
        2 damage transfers to RT.
        Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation) takes 2 damage to RT.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
        1 damage transfers to CT.
            Critical hit on RT. Roll is 11; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on Heat Sink.
            CRITICAL HIT on Heat Sink.
        Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation) takes 1 damage to CT.
            12 Armor remaining.

Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation) takes 2 damage to CT (critical).
            10 Armor remaining.
            Critical hit on CT. Roll is 6; no effect.

LRM 5 at Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation); needs 10, rolls 3 : misses

PPC at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

LRM 5 at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 8 : hits (using Right Side table) RA
        Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords) takes 5 damage to RA.
            4 Armor remaining.

Large Laser at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 6 : misses

Medium Laser at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 3 : misses

Medium Laser at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) (Capellan Confederation); needs 9, rolls 7 : misses

Small Laser at Saladin Assault Hover Tank (Standard) (Capellan Confederation); needs 11, rolls 8 : misses

LRM 10 at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 11, rolls 10 : misses

LRM 20 at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 9, rolls 5 : misses

LRM 15 at Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords); needs 8, rolls 2 : misses

Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 4 [4 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (4 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 5, rolls 5 : succeeds.

Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation) must make 1 piloting skill roll(s) (20+ damage).
The base target is 7 [7 (Base piloting skill)].
    Roll #1, (7 (Base piloting skill) + 1 (20+ damage)); needs 8, rolls 11 : succeeds.

Physical Attack Phase
-------------------

Physical attacks for Firestarter FS9-K2 (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Hex 1426 of Building #1649112234 (Collapse), the kick is an automatic hit (Targeting adjacent building.), hits.
        Heavy Standard Building #1649112234 absorbs 7 points of damage.

Physical attacks for Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Harasser Missile Platform (Standard) (Capellan Confederation); needs 7, rolls 7 : hits (using Left Side table) LS
        Harasser Missile Platform (Standard) (Capellan Confederation) takes 14 damage to LS.
            Armor destroyed.
             SECTION DESTROYED.
*** Harasser Missile Platform (Standard) (Capellan Confederation) DESTROYED by damage! ***
            Critical hit on LS. Roll is 11; Engine destroyed. Immobile.

Physical attacks for Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords)
    Kick (Left leg) at Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation); needs 3, rolls 7 : hits (using Right Side table) LA
        Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation) takes 9 damage to LA.
        9 damage transfers to LT.
        Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation) takes 9 damage to LT.
            4 Armor remaining.

Physical attacks for Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords)
        Heavy Standard Building #1649112234 absorbs 10 points of damage.

Kick (Left leg) at Hex 1422 of Building #1649112234 (Collapse), the kick is an automatic hit (Targeting adjacent building.), hits.
        Heavy Standard Building #1649112234 absorbs 8 points of damage.
        Damage threshold exceeded. Possible critical hit!
            +Small Laser jams!

Heat Phase
-------------------
Firestarter FS9-K2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 10 heat, sinks 11 heat and is now at 5 heat.
Warhammer WHM-6D (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 6 heat, sinks 20 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Vindicator VND-1R (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 16 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Hunchback HBK-4G #2 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 15 heat, sinks 13 heat and is now at 8 heat.
Locust LCT-1E (Capellan Confederation) gains 8 heat, sinks 8 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Vindicator VND-1X (Capellan Confederation) gains 7 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1 (Capellan Confederation) gains 8 heat, sinks 10 heat and is now at 4 heat.
Assassin ASN-21 (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 7 heat, sinks 9 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Centurion CN9-ALF (1st Octopus Overlords) gains 17 heat, sinks 16 heat and is now at 3 heat.
Vindicator VND-1R (Capellan Confederation) gains 15 heat, sinks 16 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Dervish DV-6M (Capellan Confederation) gains 2 heat, sinks 6 heat and is now at 0 heat.
Enlarge Image

The Saladins pull back, getting ready to charge in again. The Vindicator 1X and Phoenix Hawk group up on the eastern compound wall, while the Vindicator 1R and Dervish group up to the west.

The Assassin's pilot observes with some mild amusement several grenade detonations and a Capellan KGB spook flying through a shattered window, then the search and rescue squad reports that they have secured our mechwarrior and are ready for extraction. Two turns to get into the APC, then another few turns to clear the battlefield.

The enemy force is looking a little worn out though, with only twelve active units (and two light tanks puttering away at best speed).
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

How is that goddamn Vindicator still going?? Isn't it a problem when your right torso is destroyed?

Also, don't mechs need to make piloting rolls to stay up when they take 20+ points of damage or something?
Black Lives Matter.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Yep, piloting rolls are in the raw data. This round, the Warhammer and Phoenix Hawk both had to make one.

The sturdiness is one of the main ways mechs are superior to vehicles.

Vindicator is missing the right arm PPC, making him much less of a threat now.
Black Lives Matter