Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes [mobile]

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Reemul

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes [mobile]

Post by Reemul »

To add the new guild is pretty similar to OO. 20 active players and can do The Pit and AAT but not heroic. They have 20 active members and no ticket or log on requirements.

I have moved my main account and 2 boys over but my alt account is still in OO. I am an officer in the new guild so can invite and accept invites to the new guild of any that are coming over. Bak is bringing his Alt over as will I once all are over that want to come over. It would be nice if the other OO members come but we can leave OO as a guild and promote any that want to be leader or officers and they can keep it going as they wish.

Any questions drop me a PM or in game chat or here if you like.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Territory battles are open. Pretty enthused so far. As long as they can keep their servers stable...
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Okay, here's some info on the Territory Battles:
Rule #1: Thou shalt not Deploy your troops until the very last thing you do. I know what the tutorial said, but it was made by the same people who thought it would be a good idea to change one of the toon requirements from 5* to 7* at the last minute without warning anyone.

Click to enlarge
Enlarge Image

The radar looking symbol at the top right is called Platoons. Platoons are 6 groups of 16 toons. These are picked at random from the entire Light Side roster - with the exception of any troops that are required units for one of the other fights. Each platoon filled up earns a large sum of Territory Points (TP). For every 2 platoons you fill up, the entire guild will receive a bonus in future (or in some cases, current) territories. Fill up 4, and you get the bonus to level 2. Get 6, and you get level 3. Donating a troop to the platoon not only helps fill it up, but you do get the TP that deploying that toon would have earned. You don't lose any TP by donating to the platoon. A toon donated to a platoon cannot be used for any other mission in this phase. It's locked in, and there are no backsies.

The gun symbol is a Combat Mission. You take a squad of 5 LS toons (some will have additional restrictions) into a 6-wave fight. The fight gets progressively more difficult for each wave, and each phase is more difficult than the last. You earn TP for each wave you defeat. If you are defeated, you get to keep all of the TP you earned. Toons used in combat are unavailable for any other mission in this phase, but you do earn TP for the toons used, just as if you'd deployed them. Fights are 1-shot. If you retreat or force-close the game, you will forfeit the battle and will not get to replay it.

The 3 swooping arrows down are where you go to Deploy. After you've finished all your missions, and donated all you can to the platoon, go here to assign the rest of your roster to the background fight. If there 2 territories, any unit deployed can only be deployed to one territory. Check with your guild to see if they want you to donate to one specific territory.

After the 24 hour phase is over, all of your toons reset and you're free to use them again.

Step 1: check the Platoons to see who's still needed. If they need a Baze, and you have one that you use sometimes, but don't really need, you can donate it now, or wait until after combat is over.

Step 2: Fight in your combat/special missions, getting as far as you can.

Step 3: Donate to the Platoons (max of 10 donations per player).

Step 4: Deploy your roster.

The more TP you earn for that territory, the more stars you earn. 1 star is considered a victory and you can move on to the next phase. 3 stars requires a significant investment. The more stars your guild has at the end of the event, the more rewards you'll get. The entire guild will get the same rewards. There are no ranking based rewards.

Ship combat starts in Phase 3.

For advanced phases, your guild may ask you to focus on one territory and ignore the other.

If you are very time limited, check the platoons for donations you can make, then deploy your roster. You don't HAVE to fight, but it does earn a significant amount of points.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Good post Bakhtosh.

Also if short of time just doing something is better than doing nothing.

At the end all guild members earn exactly the same reward so the scoreboard is pointless really. The more players that earn points the better we all do and the better the rewards are for all of us.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

You NEED an account at https://swgoh.gg. So many of the tools pull your squad info out of their database.

Territory Battle Readiness
http://shard.swgoh.life/territory_battle.php

These tools were created for the Roughnecks guild, but using your swgoh.gg account, you can apply it to you and your guild. There are some great things here:
AAT Raid teams, MOD tool, Event Teams, TB Tool, Locations to farm toons, guild toon list, and guild team tool.
http://roughnecks.me/

Roster Progress tool
http://petebutler.co.uk/mrpi/

A collection of SWGOH tools:
http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Taking a look to see how the game has changed. May I please get an invite to Hand of Thrall if there are any openings? Otherwise the old OO guild. 568-711-442 - Sudy Nym

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Sudy Nym wrote:Taking a look to see how the game has changed. May I please get an invite to Hand of Thrall if there are any openings? Otherwise the old OO guild. 568-711-442 - Sudy Nym
Hi Sudy Nym, Old OO guild is no longer about but I have sent you an invite to the new one. Let me know if you have any problems.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I'm glad we've found this new guild. Heroic Rancor is awesome. Glad we're getting Han shards now. I think heroic tank isn't far away, but seeing my Main's guild having some issues with it (especially Phase 3), I don't believe we're ready yet.

Territory Battles are a lot more fun with a full guild than they would be if we were still in the old OO guild.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Yep it's going really well, no issues lots of raids and rewards and a friendly bunch.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

If you're a casual player, log in and get your free 80 shards for Kylo Ren.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

If people are still playing this, and there's an active guild, I'd be interested in an invite. My son got into the app so I started playing daily again too. Disclaimer - I'm only level 65ish at the moment so if that isn't worthy of a guild invite - no worries; just ignore this message.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Well that wasn't surprising Bakh but still very annoying.

It was clear from the OO side we didn't want hardcore or ticket levels etc. While I appreciate 9 of them wanted this to jump ship with like zero notice or time was pretty annoying and unfair to all the other members. It's like a little coup with them all running away and leaving us all in the shit. They could have said a week ago how they felt and given us time to get something sorted.

It looks like 9 leaving one of whom was from OO which again is annoying as we gave up our guild name for them yet were very clear in what we wanted or didnt want. Forcing people to hit 500 tickets or have line was never going to change those of us that see it as a game and not something to have to do regardless of life getting in the way or doing other stuff.

Not sure where we go now seeing as the leader and most of the officers have quit.

Any ideas?
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Baroquen wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:30 am If people are still playing this, and there's an active guild, I'd be interested in an invite. My son got into the app so I started playing daily again too. Disclaimer - I'm only level 65ish at the moment so if that isn't worthy of a guild invite - no worries; just ignore this message.
Baroquen now the hard core leaders have quit i you and your son want in I can accept you, we have 30 active members and can do Heroic Rancour as well as all the other stuff except Heroic AAT.

Give me a shout if you are still playing.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Reemul wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:49 pm
Baroquen wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:30 am If people are still playing this, and there's an active guild, I'd be interested in an invite. My son got into the app so I started playing daily again too. Disclaimer - I'm only level 65ish at the moment so if that isn't worthy of a guild invite - no worries; just ignore this message.
Baroquen now the hard core leaders have quit i you and your son want in I can accept you, we have 30 active members and can do Heroic Rancour as well as all the other stuff except Heroic AAT.

I'm still playing, and hooked up with a random public guild. I'm level 70 now, but my crews still lag, so I doubt I'll be much help on guild events. Active - yes. Powerful enough - not yet. So anyway, I'm dropping the current guild, as I have no attachment. If you think it's ok to send me an invite, cool. If, in your opinion, it wouldn't be helpful atm, that's fine. "Baroquen131" in the game. Thanks.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Baroquen wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:02 am
Reemul wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:49 pm

I'm still playing, and hooked up with a random public guild. I'm level 70 now, but my crews still lag, so I doubt I'll be much help on guild events. Active - yes. Powerful enough - not yet. So anyway, I'm dropping the current guild, as I have no attachment. If you think it's ok to send me an invite, cool. If, in your opinion, it wouldn't be helpful atm, that's fine. "Baroquen131" in the game. Thanks.
I will send you an invite, can you post your ally code which is at the top of your allies screen left hand side.
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

My Ally code is 112-726-875 if you want to send me a friend inv.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

You guys are more than welcome.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I just sent an ally invite to you, but here's my ally code: 112-585-633.

My son's ally code is 881-314-974. Since he just started somewhat recently, he probably doesn't need a guild spot, but would love a few more allies for an achievement or something. :)
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Baroquen wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:02 pm I just sent an ally invite to you, but here's my ally code: 112-585-633.

My son's ally code is 881-314-974. Since he just started somewhat recently, he probably doesn't need a guild spot, but would love a few more allies for an achievement or something. :)
Invite sent
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I know most of the OO players have moved over to Guardians.

My main account is in the Empire alliance. We have 3 high power guilds, 1 that's climbing, and 2 "training" guilds that are more casual.
I've moved Cmdr Shepard and my daughter's account to the newest training guild there.

They require Discord instead of Line, but to be honest, after using it for a couple of months, I think I like it better - it did take some getting used to, but all of the big youtube creators are there, and you can join their server chats. It's really easy to organize chats by topic. And there are some cool bots.

Any of you looking for a new home, hit me up.
Bakhtosh [prime]#9408
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Bakhtosh wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:38 pm I know most of the OO players have moved over to Guardians.

My main account is in the Empire alliance. We have 3 high power guilds, 1 that's climbing, and 2 "training" guilds that are more casual.
I've moved Cmdr Shepard and my daughter's account to the newest training guild there.

They require Discord instead of Line, but to be honest, after using it for a couple of months, I think I like it better - it did take some getting used to, but all of the big youtube creators are there, and you can join their server chats. It's really easy to organize chats by topic. And there are some cool bots.

Any of you looking for a new home, hit me up.
Bakhtosh [prime]#9408
Hi m8,

I moved but am a bit disappointed, I was under the impression this new guild even though casual was pretty full when in fact it is not. It seems many did not move as I thought. At present we have 12 level 85 players 4 of which are my 2 and my 2 kids. We have 9 active players for TB at the moment meaning we are going nowhere and certainly won't be progressing much.

What is the player level on your 2 training guilds, are they better? While casual I still won't to do as much as possible so would be interested in bringing all 4 accounts over if room and a better level of activity. I would prefer to keep all 4 together if possible just so I can make sure the kids are ok and behaving as well

Current levels are 1.7mil gp, 1.1mil gp, 1mil gp and 850k gp. So all 4 teams are level 85 with zetas as well. Let me know.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Wobani is the bigger of the two intro guilds. They're running both heroics, and have lower expectations for daily participation, but they do encourage it. Lothal is the newest intro/training guild. That's where I moved myself and Halite. We have 13 Level 85s and 7 more within 10 of being 85. Currently sitting at 38/50
I believe they'll be bringing in ringers to complete heroic Tanks whenever we have enough tickets to start a raid, so everyone with at least one 7* can start picking up Kenobi shards. There are plenty of these solo artists in the alliance, so it's a handshake deal.
They do require that you use Discord instead of Line for guild chat. It took me a few weeks to really get the hang of it, but it's a much better system for this type of chat, and is more like a forum.
Wobani might have some GP and participation requirements, but I know for a fact that Lotahl doesn't. Additionally, with 3 high-end guilds and 1 that's climbing, if you want to move up, let leadership know, and when a spot opens up, you can move in.
If anyone is interested, let me know. I'll put you in touch with the recruiters there. You'll need to get Discord installed so I can give them your ID. You'll need to be on swgoh.gg.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Anyone else still playing this? I'm 3 years in at this point. They finally brought the OT Falcon into the game as the game's first legendary ship. This follows on the heels of OT Chewie and C3PO. They've added a bunch of KOTOR toons that shook up the meta.

Empire is still going strong with 7 guilds, all running heroic pit & tank and even training guilds can merc run Heroic Sith without having to look outside the Empire.
https://www.reddit.com/r/swgoh_guilds/c ... h=a8181e8c

Bakhtosh
Level: 85
GP: 3,584,374
Character GP: 2,189,138
Ship GP: 1,395,236
Zetas: 40
Arena ranks (squad/fleet): Rank 76 / Rank 34
Arena team:
Commander Luke Skywalker, R2-D2, Han Solo, Chewbacca, C-3PO
Arena Fleet:
Capital Ship: Chimaera
Starting lineup: TIE Advanced x1, Biggs Darklighter's X-wing, Bistan's U-wing
Reinforcements: Slave I, Scimitar, Poe Dameron's X-wing, Ahsoka Tano's Jedi Starfighter
Capital Ships:
Traya: Yes: Gear 11, 6 :star: Zetas: Compassion is Weakness (leader), Lord of Betrayal (unique).
Bossk: Yes: Gear 4, 5 :star:
Chewbacca (Legendary): Yes: Gear 11, 7 :star: Zetas: Loyal Friend (unique).
Jedi Knight Revan: No
C-3PO: Yes: Gear 8, 7 :star: Zetas: Oh My Goodness! (special).
Number of G11: 21
Number of G12: 23
Number of 6 dot mods: 13
Number of 10+ speed mods: 76
Number of 15+ speed mods: 13
Number of 20+ speed mods: 5
Number of 100+ offense mods: 21
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

Yeah I'm still playing, in The Empire as well (Hoth) just over 3 million gp, slightly behind the curve as I dont spend any money. Im ready to get JTR now but not C3PO or the New Chewey or Darth Revan. Still enjoy it
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I'm still playing. Only in a mid-tier guild but I still find it fun to build up my roster of characters. Plenty of things to do, and doesn't take long to drop in and spend all the energy points.
iammaverick

Post by iammaverick »

download spam here. :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:
disarm

Post by disarm »

O

Kooooooooooolooooooooolooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooloooooooooooooooooooooolooooooloooooloooooooloooooooooooooooooooooooooloooooooooo