Post by Sepiche »

Sign me up!
http://cyberpunk.net/" target="_blank
Daehawk

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 from the makers of The Witcher

Post by Daehawk »

Hell ya! Me too!
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Holman

Post by Holman »

The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Little more info:
The cyberpunk atmosphere, well known from William Gibson’s novels, the “Blade Runner” movie and the famous pen-and-paper game, “Cyberpunk 2020”, will surround the player. The creators promise that “Cyberpunk 2077” will be true to the essence of the cyberpunk genre. Players will be thrown into the dark future of the year 2077 and into a world where advanced technologies have become both the salvation and the curse of humanity. A multi-thread, nonlinear story designed for mature players (a CD Projekt RED trademark) will take place in the sprawling metropolis of Night City and its surroundings. Players will have a chance to visit places well known from “Cyberpunk 2020”, including a combat zone completely taken over by gangs, the legendary Afterlife joint and the nostalgic Forlorn Hope.

Freedom of action and diversity in gameplay will be delivered thanks to the sandbox nature of the game and mechanics inspired by the “Cyberpunk 2020” pen-and-paper system, fine tuned to meet the requirements of a modern RPG. Gameplay will pump adrenaline through players’ veins and be consistent with the celebrated Cyberpunk spirit – rebellion, style, edge, uncertainty. And of course, a cyberpunk reality cannot be deprived of murderous steel – guns, rifles, implants, dozens of gadgets and other varied pieces of equipment needed to survive on the streets of Night City. The developers are focused on making the technology of 2077 credible and exciting.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

If it's anything like this then I am totally in

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It could hardly be less like Syndicate than the new Syndicate is.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
tgb

Post by tgb »

If they can guarantee me that one of the characters says "Are you here to fuck?" it will be a Day One purchase.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

tgb wrote:If they can guarantee me that one of the characters says "Are you here to fuck?" it will be a Day One purchase.
Yup, it's this one:

Black Lives Matter.
Sarkus

Post by Sarkus »

I actually DM'd the Cyberpunk game they are basing this on back in college, so I'm pretty psyched about seeing it come back around this way. There is a lot of potential, though given the relatively low profile of the cyberpunk genre in recent years I have no idea how it will be received.

Still excited about it.
Foggy: You have my word as a corporal and a gentleman.
Clegg: Hitler was a corporal!
Foggy: Not in my regiment.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

New trailer for this out today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs" target="_blank
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Bringing up memories of both Shadowrun games I played back in the 90's on the SNES and Genesis.

EDIT: and I dont get the end of that new trailer. Was that the same girl? A cop somehow? I guess she was re programmed?

Never mind...read the description.
Butterknife

Post by Butterknife »

Sepiche wrote:New trailer for this out today:
Wow! I like the trailer. Definitely interested in this one.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My new gameInformer mag came today. It has a huge 3 or 4 page spread on this game. It looks a lot like the old Shadowruns and UO view system is in play.. AWESOME...that is my all time favorite way to play a rpg..a cyberpunk rpg I mean :)
Freezer-TPF-

Post by Freezer-TPF- »

Wow. Best game trailer since Dead Island.
When the sun goes out, we'll have eight minutes to live.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

If anyone is interested in the band who provided the song, they are called Archive. From the UK, but their main success has been in continental Europe, including Poland (where CD Projeckt is based). Got the album with the Bullets song on it from the game trailer and I have to say it's pretty damn good. Apparently, they have been making music since 1996 and this is the first I've heard of them. There is kind of a Radiohead vibe, but they have their own sound.

Archive -- Controlling Crowds
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Whoopsie....I finally got time to 'sit' and read that article in GameInformer I posted about. I turns out it is NOT this game after all. It is called Shadowrun Returns. It seems to be a true Shadowrun game in the same style as the old SNES and Genesis versions. looks great. Imagine that..two cyberpunk games at the same time. Companies do this so much it cant be coincidence.
IceBear

Post by IceBear »

Daehawk wrote:Whoopsie....I finally got time to 'sit' and read that article in GameInformer I posted about. I turns out it is NOT this game after all. It is called Shadowrun Returns. It seems to be a true Shadowrun game in the same style as the old SNES and Genesis versions. looks great. Imagine that..two cyberpunk games at the same time. Companies do this so much it cant be coincidence.
There was a Kickstarter for this that we talked about here being lead by the creator of Shadowrun
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Hamlet3145 wrote:If anyone is interested in the band who provided the song, they are called Archive. From the UK, but their main success has been in continental Europe, including Poland (where CD Projeckt is based). Got the album with the Bullets song on it from the game trailer and I have to say it's pretty damn good. Apparently, they have been making music since 1996 and this is the first I've heard of them. There is kind of a Radiohead vibe, but they have their own sound.

Archive -- Controlling Crowds
from wikipedia:
"Archive was formed by Darius Keeler and Danny Griffiths in 1994 from the ashes of the UK breakbeat act, Genaside II."

oh wow, i remember that
Mr Bismarck

Post by Mr Bismarck »

I have Archive albums all the way back to "Take My Head."

Finally I'm a hipster!

"Again" is one of my favourite sixteen minute songs.
Imagine if I hadn't been drunk.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Freezer-TPF- wrote:
Wow. Best game trailer since Dead Island.

Agreed! Best part: "Coming:When it's ready" Refreshing!
KDH

Post by KDH »

:coffee: According to the internet of things .. Cyberpunk 2077 is in full production & in advanced development stage, A new Witcher game hinted
During its investor’s conference, CD Projekt RED revealed some new information about its new Cyberpunk game, Cyberpunk 2077. According to the company, Cyberpunk 2077 is in full development mode and there are over 300 people working.

As CD Projekt RED noted, this represents 3/4 of the total workforce it wants on this project. And while it already has all core staff for the project, the team is looking to hire plenty of testers.

Unfortunately, and while Cyberpunk 2077 is in advanced development stage, the team won’t share anything about it in 2017. As CD Projekt RED has already claimed, 2017 is the year of GWENT.

`·.¸¸.·´´``··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´``··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´``··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´``··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´``··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´``··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´``··._.·`·.¸¸.·´´``··._.·

But what about a new, proper The Witcher game? When one investor pressed CD Projekt RED’s CEO Michal Kicinski about it, Kicinski had this to say:

“The Witcher was designed as a trilogy. Trilogy cannot have a fourth part, however we like that world very much. We have invested 15 years of our lives and loads of money into it and we will probably think about it at some point. But please consider us as rational people, we sometimes have weird ideas, but overall our thinking is very rational. We have full rights to The Witcher games. They are ours. We have invested enormous funds into promoting it, and it’s a very strong brand. Answer your own question :)

Kicinski concluded that CD Projekt RED has to be very careful with its words, because everything said during that conference is also heard by the gamers.

“Obviously plenty of you are gamers as well, but what we tell gamers is part of the marketing campaign, so we can’t discuss certain things even though we know them already. We cannot reveal our full hand.”

So yeah, our guess is that there will be a new The Witcher game in the near future, though you should not expect it anytime soon!

:oops: Wow, 300 people? ... the breakroom must be crowded at lunchtime .. hard to get microwave time

:ugeek: CD PROJEKT Group - 2016 financial results conference webcast <--- Polish with an English overdub
Ain't nobody got time for that
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

KDH wrote: :ugeek: CD PROJEKT Group - 2016 financial results conference webcast <--- Polish with an English overdub
I prefer the original track with English subtitles, but I'm a purist.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Trilogy cannot have a fourth part
So long and thanks for all the fish?
The Phantom Menace?

OK. Maybe you've got a point.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

LordMortis wrote:
Trilogy cannot have a fourth part
So long and thanks for all the fish?
The Phantom Menace?

OK. Maybe you've got a point.
Or (like Mass Effect) the next "Witcher" game won't be about Geralt. I'd be down with something like The Further Adventures of Ciri.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Max Peck wrote:I'd be down with something like The Further Adventures of Ciri.
Ciri the
Spoiler:
Emperor
, Ciri the
Spoiler:
Witcher
or some other Ciri?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

coopasonic wrote:
Max Peck wrote:I'd be down with something like The Further Adventures of Ciri.
Ciri the
Spoiler:
Emperor
, Ciri the
Spoiler:
Witcher
or some other Ciri?
Whichever Ciri has the best adventures. It could even be a prequel. :)

I would also not say no to a Triss or Yennefer game. The main thing is that they emphasized that they have rights to the world of the Witcher, not just the character.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

I would not be down with a prequel.

But, "The Further Adventures of Ciri" sounds like a good time to me. With cameo appearance by Geralt.

Although, she was pretty overpowered in Witcher 3, so maybe have something conk her over the head real quick to keep things somewhat grounded.
Black Lives Matter
KDH

Post by KDH »

NickAragua wrote:I would not be down with a prequel.

we need to scrub the word 'prequel' from the lexicon ... I will do this on my first day in office
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I was rather mediocre on this title, but after finishing the Witcher 3, I'm actually rather excited. Regarding Ciri - anyone that progressed far enough in the story knows exactly how she fits into Cyberpunk 2077, or at least, how she could. I can't imagine there would ever be another Witcher game involving her, but who the hell knows. Either way, this game definitely moved way the hell up on my list of games to watch for.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote:I was rather mediocre on this title, but after finishing the Witcher 3, I'm actually rather excited. Regarding Ciri - anyone that progressed far enough in the story knows exactly how she fits into Cyberpunk 2077, or at least, how she could. I can't imagine there would ever be another Witcher game involving her, but who the hell knows. Either way, this game definitely moved way the hell up on my list of games to watch for.
I would love to experience Ciri's adventures in the multiverse in a flashback and perhaps she'll have reason to travel between worlds again...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

NickAragua wrote:I would not be down with a prequel.

But, "The Further Adventures of Ciri" sounds like a good time to me. With cameo appearance by Geralt.

Although, she was pretty overpowered in Witcher 3, so maybe have something conk her over the head real quick to keep things somewhat grounded.
She can travel between universes, so just have her travel to the Universe of Overpowered Monsters and you're good to go.
Black Lives Matter.
KDH

Post by KDH »

:coffee: CD Projekt explains Cyberpunk trademark
CD Projekt has moved to explain its Cyberpunk trademark after it had caused a bit of a fuss online this week.

CD Projekt is working on a game called Cyberpunk 2077, which is set in the universe created by American role-playing, board and video game designer Mike Pondsmith.

Some had questioned the Polish company's ownership of the trademark for the word cyberpunk, given it doubles as a genre of science fiction.

In response, CD Projekt tweeted a detailed explanation of what it had done, explained why it had done it and suggested developers who wanted to use the word simply drop them a line to discuss.
Tweet:
Enlarge Image
CD Projekt called the trademark a "self-defense measure only".

"Life knows quite a few examples of companies registering marks similar to well-known marks, and then trying to sell them for big money," the company said.

"Should we ever decide to create a sequel, there's a possibility of someone telling us we can't name it, say, Cyberpunk 2078 or Cyberpunk 2.

"Moreover, if someone else registered this trademark in the future, they could prohibit CD Projekt from making any expansions to the game, any additional titles under the name Cyberpunk. The reason for our registration is to protect us from unlawful actions of unfair competitors."

CD Projekt's ownership of the Cyberpunk trademark does not give it any exclusivity to set a game in a certain environment, or in a certain genre, such as the cyberpunk genre. But what if a developer is working on a game that includes the word cyberpunk in its title?

CD Projekt said it would only block this if it could confuse customers.

"If someone names their game John Smith: Adventures in a Cyberpunk Dystopian Society, or 20 Short Video Games set in Cyberpunk Worlds, none of them should be treated as an infringement on our rights," CD Projekt said.

So there you have it. CD Projekt continuing to do good work with the open communication with the community policy that has served it so well over the years.

As for Cyberpunk 2077 itself, don't hold your breath. CD Projekt has said it won't be out until 2018 at the earliest.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

A great game company is being extorted. I will have nothing to do with those files or whatever if released. Hope they all go to prison.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/08/ ... -extortion

Enlarge Image
KDH

Post by KDH »

:coffee: ... Cyberpunk’s creator on helping CD Projekt Red stay true to the genre’s real meaning .. @ Rock, Paper, Shotgun

<snip>
Over the years, Pondsmith has made deals with companies to bring Cyberpunk to PC but says he’s glad that those deals “crashed” because now the real deal has arrived. CD Projekt Red, the studio behind The Witcher and upcoming Cyberpunk 2077, “get it”. “They’re actual fans and they know stuff about Cyberpunk that I’ve forgotten.”
Montag

Post by Montag »

I still want a Syndicate game using a modified GTA engine. It would be epic.
words
KDH

Post by KDH »

:dance: ... Image - (21m)

CD Projekt's Past, Present & Future (Marcin Iwiński) - Noclip Sessions

there will be a test on the proper pronunciation of CD Projekt

also ... Image - (14m)

Cyberpunk 2077 - Mike Pondsmith interview with gamereactor.dk
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive always had favorite game companies...names like Origin, Looking Glass, Dynamix, Bioware, Black Isle. In the last few years because of GoG and The Witcher series Ive added a new name to my list.. CD Projekt...and it deserves its place as much as any of the others.
KDH

Post by KDH »

:wub: CD Projekt seems to lack the voodoo corp-o-nomics that Bioware seems to have these days, thanks to EA .. they are very generous, they have a light-hearted view of business and seem to grasp the pop-culture \ humor references of American society better than some of the bidness-folk in this country.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Lol this post and catching up on the latest on this game reminded me I haven't played Mankind Divided and should get on that soon'ish.