The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

YellowKing

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by YellowKing »

Is anybody surprised that instead of Trump apologizing for his poor choice of words, he simply denied that he said them? Despite multiple sources backing up the quote and even the White House itself not denying it, Trump can't bring himself to admit he screwed up.

I'd call him a disgusting piece of human garbage, but that would be an insult to both humans and garbage.
Holman

Post by Holman »

malchior wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:44 am
YellowKing wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:20 pm I'm to the point now where I'm not up for "reaching across the aisle." If people who still support Trump want to move up to the grown-ups table where non-racist people eat, then we can talk.

And if that sounds condescending and upsets them, then who's the real snowflake? :P
This is my feel. The man is an abomination. A man with a 'shithole' of a soul. I don't particularly care what people who support him feel. They are in the wrong. If I talk about him with people who support him, I don't call him a 'fucking moron' or something vulgar because that is rude to the person themselves. That said I don't hold back. If I'm going to express myself about him, I stand up for my standards and he is very far beneath my standards as a human being much less President.
I agree. Obviously, I hope.

When I said we were going to need to reach across the aisle, it was about the case that will be made about Trump's crimes. When we dig out from the Trumpian rubble, the work of rebuilding will be hard. If the country is to survive, we're going to need buy-in from at least some people who for whatever reason still support or tolerate Trump. It's going to have to be on the basis of national values, not raw anti-Drumpfianism.

I'm not talk about the true Deplorables thrilled by his racism--they're beyond help. But there are still a lot of politically-uninformed voters and (especially) non-voters out there, and we're going to have to get as many of them on board as we can.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

If after the past two years of daily examples of what a steaming pile of horseshit this guy is, you are still supporting him - you don’t deserve to have your feelings coddled, and I don’t particularly care whether or not you ever agree with me.

Because you won’t ever agree with me no matter what evidence is provided. They could have video of him gleefully colluding with the Russians while hookers are peeing on him and they won’t believe it.

At least pointing out the piece of human garbage that he is makes me happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:14 am Is anybody surprised that instead of Trump apologizing for his poor choice of words, he simply denied that he said them? Despite multiple sources backing up the quote and even the White House itself not denying it, Trump can't bring himself to admit he screwed up.

I'd call him a disgusting piece of human garbage, but that would be an insult to both humans and garbage.
Of course I'm not surprised. The man is incapable of thinking of himself as anything less than the very best at absolutely everything he does, and he'll never admit otherwise. Not that we need more evidence, but here's some more evidence:

I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

YellowKing wrote:Is anybody surprised that instead of Trump apologizing for his poor choice of words, he simply denied that he said them? Despite multiple sources backing up the quote and even the White House itself not denying it, Trump can't bring himself to admit he screwed up.

LOL, apologize? This "President"? This is the guy who counts Roy Cohn as one of his mentors.

Anyway he ain't courting the votes from Americans with backgrounds from shithole countries so I'm not surprised at all. He's more interested in staying in campaigning mode rather than actually leading.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Trump doubling down on his denial of saying "shithole countries":

Hodor.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Oh, please do record them. Please.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Chaz wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:29 am
YellowKing wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:14 am Is anybody surprised that instead of Trump apologizing for his poor choice of words, he simply denied that he said them? Despite multiple sources backing up the quote and even the White House itself not denying it, Trump can't bring himself to admit he screwed up.

Of course I'm not surprised. The man is incapable of thinking of himself as anything less than the very best at absolutely everything he does, and he'll never admit otherwise. Not that we need more evidence, but here's some more evidence:
Of all the ridiculous non-speak in that article, this one paragraph shows he doesn't have a fucking clue how the world economy works (and I'm not referring to "I don't know about the world markets" part).

"I’m not sure that markets would dip; I think that markets would—I can tell you I’m not sure about world markets, but I can tell you I think the American market would go up if I terminated Nafta and renegotiated a new deal."

Also, how tricksy is this guy? WSJ said: "markets dipped after you said X". Trump comes back with "I'm not sure markets would dip". He (and his team of deplorables) responds to facts and things that actually happened, with doubts and mistruths about those facts, questioning that they even happened. It's a tactic that is continually used (and impressively, pretty consistently) , and it works apparently.

Particularly awesome:
"I know more about wedges than any human being that’s ever lived." (responding to a question about N Korea trying to drive a wedge between Moon and Trump)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:05 am Oh, please do record them. Please.
Lordy, I hope there are tapes.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LOL

"I probably have a very good relationship with Kim Jong Un of North Korea."

Un has called Trump:
Mentally deranged dotard
leader who frequently tweets “weird articles of his ego-driven thoughts” and “spouts rubbish”
frightened dog
gangster fond of playing with fire

Trump has called Un:
short and fat
madman
rocket man
"a total nutjob"

That relatively mild language between the two probably IS a "very good relationship" in Trump's fucked up world. I'm fairly confident he's never had a TRUE friend in his life. I'm not trying to equate friendship with political relationships here, but simply saying that Trump likely has no context here, from his own personal experience.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

New York Daily News - Shit for Brains.
-mf
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Just unbelievably inept, even at basic speech. Yes, you moron, we understand how transparency works. I know it's a revelation to you, but toddlers grasp that concept without the seeming incredulity you show here:

"I had meetings with them, they need see-through. So, we need a form of fence or window. I said why you need that—makes so much sense? They said because we have to see who’s on the other side.

If you have a wall this thick and it’s solid concrete from ground to 32 feet high which is a high wall, much higher than people planned. You go 32 feet up and you don’t know who’s over here. You’re here, you’ve got the wall and there’s some other people here."
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

MonkeyFinger wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:47 am New York Daily News - Shit for Brains.
He's a hometown favorite!

Enlarge Image
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

That transcript really is something. More:

"so I was successful, successful, successful. I was always the best athlete, people don’t know that. But I was successful at everything I ever did and then I run for president, first time—first time, not three times, not six times. I ran for president first time and lo and behold, I win. And then people say oh, is he a smart person? I’m smarter than all of them put together, but they can’t admit it. "
Holman

Post by Holman »

He's insane.

There needs to be a word for when reality exceeds parody.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:58 am That transcript really is something. More:

"so I was successful, successful, successful. I was always the best athlete, people don’t know that. But I was successful at everything I ever did and then I run for president, first time—first time, not three times, not six times. I ran for president first time and lo and behold, I win. And then people say oh, is he a smart person? I’m smarter than all of them put together, but they can’t admit it. "
Thing is, if he believes it is it not true, for him? When he has an endless line of sycophants and he was elected* president, why shouldn't he believe it?

I think the guy is a total fraud. But not because he's lying to himself. He's stupid enough to believe it. And who can blame him, he's been rewarded every step of the way.

MYT
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Holman wrote:He's insane.

There needs to be a word for when reality exceeds parody.
It's Trumptastic! Or a state of Trumponia.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Still waiting on that aneurysm....
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:24 am
Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:58 am That transcript really is something. More:

Thing is, if he believes it is it not true, for him? When he has an endless line of sycophants and he was elected* president, why shouldn't he believe it?

I think the guy is a total fraud. But not because he's lying to himself. He's stupid enough to believe it. And who can blame him, he's been rewarded every step of the way.
At the very least, someone could point out that he actually ran for president before and withdrew.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Remus West wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:56 am

At the very least, someone could point out that he actually ran for president before and withdrew.
I don't get how he can repeat this lie so brazenly and never get called on it... Or any others.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

I think he thinks you're only running for President if you're the nominee. Since he withdrew (because he was losing) the first time, it doesn't count as "running for President" and losing, just running for the nomination and withdrawing, which is TOTALLY DIFFERENT THAN LOSING. This is the first time he actually got the nomination, and therefore the first time he ran for President.

This is stupid, brain-addled thinking, but I bet that's what's going through his head. Because he must be the best at everything, ever, in the history of the world.

I'm going to start referring to him as President Hyperbole.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Rip

Post by Rip »

Don't you remember that kid who would quit the game the minute he realized he was destined to lose?

Everybody loves that kid.

:ninja:
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:58 am
Remus West wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:56 am

I don't get how he can repeat this lie so brazenly and never get called on it... Or any others.
He gets called on it all the time, every day. It's just that the consequences are very limited, because Republican leadership has decided to back him up as long as he'll sign whatever they send him to sign.
Black Lives Matter.
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

I just can't understand why Donald Trump is the hill that Republicans choose to die on. They would have an easier time getting their agenda through with President Pence (.i.e, someone with at least a basic working knowledge of government and politics).
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Hamlet3145 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:03 pm I just can't understand why Donald Trump is the hill that Republicans choose to die on. They would have an easier time getting their agenda through with President Pence (.i.e, someone with at least a basic working knowledge of government and politics).
Because they will have a stooge to blame. Everyone will remember what kind of person Trump was, how he acted, the incredible crap he said. From an emotional memory standpoint, that's a shit-magnet on top of a hill, and when the GOP point fingers at his legacy, less involved people will only remember his behavior and nod. Pence is too much like the rest of them, so they would have to own their shit if he were in charge.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Hamlet3145 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:03 pm I just can't understand why Donald Trump is the hill that Republicans choose to die on. They would have an easier time getting their agenda through with President Pence (.i.e, someone with at least a basic working knowledge of government and politics).

No one is dying on any hill. The party will be happy to relocate to any hill that can win the election.

People have been predicting the death of the party for as long as I can remember.
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

He's a complete circus and keeps everyone distracted and looking under their seats for the stink bombs instead of reading the script to see what's actually about to happen. I don't think they care about him as much as they enjoy having complete virtual anonymity behind him. His complete buffoonery enabled them to blindside everyone with a new tax law. While I think that was the biggest goal, when you've got the stage and the power - and a tool to help you use it - you don't let that go easy.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Unstable Donnie gets his physical today.

Here's hoping for the best.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Alefroth wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:19 pm Here's hoping for the best.
People don't generally die when they have a physical. That's generally reserved for stress tests.

I can guess it can't hurt to hope.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

The party chose him because the deplorables chose him. The deplorables are unshakable in their support and the republican political field are either deplorable or cowards. We're a bit past ignorant or pitiable after a year. Essentially he has enough grassroots support to make me ashamed to be "American."
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Paul Ryan comes out saying the comments were unfortunate. Odd why would you say that if he clearly didn't say it. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Alefroth wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:19 pm Unstable Donnie gets his physical today.

Here's hoping for the best.
If we ever actually hear the real results of this physical I will be shocked. I suspect there will be rumors of medical issues, but the only thing made public will be Drumpf's own comment that he's the healthiest human alive.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

We used to have this guy at work that used the word "unfortunate" all the time. Because he was a complete fuck-up, and inevitably would break something, he'd have to call a customer and explain that "this happened which is unfortunate." Unfortunate, unfortunate, unfortunate. It's a coward's word to deflect blame.
Rip

Post by Rip »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:03 pm We used to have this guy at work that used the word "unfortunate" all the time. Because he was a complete fuck-up, and inevitably would break something, he'd have to call a customer and explain that "this happened which is unfortunate." Unfortunate, unfortunate, unfortunate. It's a coward's word to deflect blame.
It's unfortunate you feel that way..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0ueE9jhmwU
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Sepiche wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:00 pmIf we ever actually hear the real results of this physical I will be shocked. I suspect there will be rumors of medical issues, but the only thing made public will be Drumpf's own comment that he's the healthiest human alive.
If only someone mentioned to him the TV ratings Katie Couric saw after televising her colonoscopy, maybe Trump would have been open to being the first President to have a televised health examination. Instead, I guess we'll just have to hope for him being the first President to have a televised perp walk.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm not even shy about saying stuff out loud or posting on FB at this point. You support him, leave my page I don't give a crap. Look at the comments on Fox. Essentially they don't care if he did or didn't say it because you know he's just point out the truth! F you all that support him.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I heard over NPR on the way in that Senator Collins is also calling this "unfortunate" - which is complete insanity. I'm completely baffled at the GOP's balls in refusing to stand up for anything good.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
stessier

Post by stessier »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:03 pm We used to have this guy at work that used the word "unfortunate" all the time. Because he was a complete fuck-up, and inevitably would break something, he'd have to call a customer and explain that "this happened which is unfortunate." Unfortunate, unfortunate, unfortunate. It's a coward's word to deflect blame.
Sometime it can be high comedy!

My brother was an Art major and when showing his portfolio his junior year, his professor was flipping through the works and giving comments. "Nice. Good. Could have done blah blah different. Etc." Finally he got to one that my brother new was subpar and got "And this is...unfortunate." The pause and phrasing still makes me crack up and is one of the harshest critiques he got. To think that the mere existence of a drawing is unfortunate. Good stuff. :D
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

They're waiting for the polls to come out, telling them how their constituency or Americans in general view the President's comments.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Freyland wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:10 pm
Because they will have a stooge to blame. Everyone will remember what kind of person Trump was, how he acted, the incredible crap he said. From an emotional memory standpoint, that's a shit-magnet on top of a hill, and when the GOP point fingers at his legacy, less involved people will only remember his behavior and nod. Pence is too much like the rest of them, so they would have to own their shit if he were in charge.
Also the Republican base still largely supports him, and Republicans have to worry about primary challenges coming out of said base.
Black Lives Matter.