Star Wars WW - Sign Up

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Punisher

Re: Star Wars WW - Sign Up

Post by Punisher »

Lassr wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:33 pm yea, Yoda picking specials would be too powerful. He could come out first day and just name all the specials narrowing the field down instantly. I'm fine with the Empire picking their players since they start off knowing each other.
What if Yoda just picked which special roles were handed out from a list of available ones. Maybe even allow duplicates, like 2 seers for example.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Punisher wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:58 pm
Lassr wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:33 pm yea, Yoda picking specials would be too powerful. He could come out first day and just name all the specials narrowing the field down instantly. I'm fine with the Empire picking their players since they start off knowing each other.
What if Yoda just picked which special roles were handed out from a list of available ones. Maybe even allow duplicates, like 2 seers for example.
that would work. Yodas power would then be knowing what roles are in the game.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

of course it would end up like my parasite game where it was obvious which roles were likely picked. No reason not to pick the most powerful roles available.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

What about like team captains:

1. Yoda picks team goods specials (ie seer & hunter); from say a list of 5-6 powers.

2. Palpatine can pick berserker & protector; from a list of 5-6 powers.

I think vote block powers, emp powers also would be kind of cool.

Or something like that. Downside is that we have so few folks in this game, it could unbalance it if there are too many specials.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I just like when we all know what powers are in play.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Unagi wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:41 pm I just like when we all know what powers are in play.
We will. This will not be a blind game.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

The Force allows us to see even when the eyes cannot.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Enlarge Image
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Newcastle wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:35 pm What about like team captains:

1. Yoda picks team goods specials (ie seer & hunter); from say a list of 5-6 powers.

2. Palpatine can pick berserker & protector; from a list of 5-6 powers.

I think vote block powers, emp powers also would be kind of cool.

Or something like that. Downside is that we have so few folks in this game, it could unbalance it if there are too many specials.
What if EVERYONE was a special of some kind? Even with allowing duplicates. It's not like we pay per game, so maybe it would be a good experiment..
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

That results in everyone declaring what special they are, and the wolves left without a ‘villager’ role to hide behind.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:17 am That results in everyone declaring what special they are, and the wolves left without a ‘villager’ role to hide behind.
what if you cant announce who you are "special wise" and if you do, then you get a zap rfom the force and you are dead.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

liek this-

OR totally anoynimize it.

the shooter - a shot rings out from the dar, no one knows where it came from, but newcastle is now dead.

the seer - all of a sudden the group is awashed with an awareness the know is true - newcastle, unagi are innocent villagers while BB2112 is an evil wolf.

You handle their powers with a sheen of "unknown". Folks wont know who the seer nor shooter is. Just throwing it out there.

I often wonder what a full on everyone has a power type game would look like. Obviously the wolves would need to be on steroids. Might be interesting to do just to spice up oour WW lives.
Bayraktar!!!!

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Newcastle wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:50 am liek this-

the shooter - a shot rings out from the dar, no one knows where it came from, but newcastle is now dead.

the seer - all of a sudden the group is awashed with an awareness the know is true - newcastle, unagi are innocent villagers while BB2112 is an evil wolf.

You handle their powers with a sheen of "unknown". Folks wont know who the seer nor shooter is. Just throwing it out there.

I often wonder what a full on everyone has a power type game would look like. Obviously the wolves would need to be on steroids. Might be interesting to do just to spice up oour WW lives.
I think that for the seer, they would be too powerful. They could "announce" every night with no true fear of getting killed by the wolves.. The wolves would have to get rid of them by shear luck..
I do like the idea of mixing up the games though with new trial rules. Over time, we could develop our own solid house rules.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Punisher wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:06 pm
Newcastle wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:50 am liek this-

I think that for the seer, they would be too powerful. They could "announce" every night with no true fear of getting killed by the wolves.. The wolves would have to get rid of them by shear luck..
I do like the idea of mixing up the games though with new trial rules. Over time, we could develop our own solid house rules.
what about a 1 time proclamation the seer can make, and either the wolves get their name or they have a higher chance of discovering his name.
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Shooter doesn't need mod announcement to use his power as proof of self. "Hey, I'm going to shoot Newcastle" "Order has been sent" Mod: "Newcastle gets shot from the dark". Hmmm wonder who did it.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

The Emperor has been informed of his role. He is choosing his Count Dooku.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Question regarding the COunt. It says his power may not be used to end the game. Does that mean he can not cast the final vote to create a tie (I am assuming) or that he can not cast that vote nor a vote to send it to night at 3-2 good versus bad with Qi dead as that effectively ends the game too? I'm assuming his only restriction is the 3-2 vote makes it 2-2 case rather than 4-2 vote makes it 3-2 case.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:41 am Question regarding the COunt. It says his power may not be used to end the game. Does that mean he can not cast the final vote to create a tie (I am assuming) or that he can not cast that vote nor a vote to send it to night at 3-2 good versus bad with Qi dead as that effectively ends the game too? I'm assuming his only restriction is the 3-2 vote makes it 2-2 case rather than 4-2 vote makes it 3-2 case.
That is a good question. I'm going to rule that it is allowed. This scenario doesn't actually end the game. In this case a villager would still be the impetus of destroying the village by making the rogue vote. Both teams know that Dooku is out there so they will have to adjust their actions accordingly.