Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Game Over

Post by bb2112 »

Team Rebel (Good Guys):

Enlarge Image
Talon Karrde: Karrde is a master of figuring out secrets from small scraps of information. Each night Karrde can scan one player and deduce the player’s identity.

Enlarge Image
Qui-Gon Jinn: Selects someone to protect at night. If that person is selected for a night kill, then the kill is blocked. Qui-Gon and the Imperials will be told that the kill was blocked. Qui-Gon’s identity will not be revealed. Qui-Gon can protect himself, but cannot protect the same person two nights in a row.

Enlarge Image
Senators: You were in the wrong place at the wrong time. You are considered part of the Rebel team for this game.

Team Empire (Bad Guys):
Enlarge Image
Emperor Palpatine: The Emperor did not get to where he is by being stupid. One time each night he can scan a player and discern their true identity.

Enlarge Image
Count Dooku: He has a presence that cannot be denied. He has the power to influence the masses. His special ability is he “may” put in a second secret vote for a lynch twice during the game. This vote is completely independent from his public vote and can be placed even if he doesn’t have a public vote. Just PM the Mod with the secret vote and it will be placed as soon as the Mod receives it. Only one vote may be used per day cycle and it cannot be changed once placed. This over vote ability may not be used to end the game.
Last edited by bb2112 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:20 am, edited 12 times in total.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Pre Game

Post by bb2112 »

Players:

1. El Guapo
2. Moliere
3. Remus West
4. Vorret
5. RMC
6. Newcastle
7. Holman
8. Punisher
9. Scoop
10. Lassr
11. Unagi
Last edited by bb2112 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Imperials are considered the "Wolf" contingent for this game. The Rebels are the "Village" contingent.

List of Roles in short format, Day and Night activities, and Time Limits are in this Post.

Rebels
Talon Karrde: Seer.
Qui-Gon Jinn: Protector.

Empire
Emperor: Evil Seer.
Count Dooku: Overvote by 1 vote twice (not on the same day).

Turn Order:

Day: All day actions happen first come first served
Count Dooku: Will you place a secret vote?

Night: Events happen in turn order
Qui-Gon Jinn: Who will you protect from the night kill?
Imperials: Who will you kill?
Emperor: Who will you scan to discern their identity?
Talon Karrde: Who will you scan to discern their identity?

Time Limits:

Day 1 – Will last 2 weeks unless ended sooner by the players. The deadline will be Tuesday February 12th at 9PM Eastern.
Day 2 - Will last a maximum of 9 days. If the end of the day falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then the deadline will extend to the following Monday
Day 3 Forward - Number of players = number of days not to exceed 7. If the end of the day falls on a Saturday or Sunday, then the deadline will extend to the following Monday
Last edited by bb2112 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Questions & Answers:
bb2112 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:39 am It means it can't be used to tie up the numbers between the good guys and the bad guys.

Ex: 3 Good guys, 2 Bad guys - 3 votes needed

Bad guys wolf pile 1 good guy then use the over vote ability to reach the 3 votes needed for a lynch. The good guys have not even dropped a vote yet and it is game over.

This scenario is too powerful, so I amended Dooku's power so it cannot be used to end the game.
bb2112 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:47 pm
Remus West wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:41 am Question regarding the COunt. It says his power may not be used to end the game. Does that mean he can not cast the final vote to create a tie (I am assuming) or that he can not cast that vote nor a vote to send it to night at 3-2 good versus bad with Qi dead as that effectively ends the game too? I'm assuming his only restriction is the 3-2 vote makes it 2-2 case rather than 4-2 vote makes it 3-2 case.
That is a good question. I'm going to rule that it is allowed. This scenario doesn't actually end the game. In this case a villager would still be the impetus of destroying the village by making the rogue vote. Both teams know that Dooku is out there so they will have to adjust their actions accordingly.
bb2112 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:37 pm
Lassr wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:15 pm Qui Gon: Usual rules for protector? Can protect himself and cannot protect same player 2 nights in a row?
Yes. I added it to the description.
Last edited by bb2112 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Ok so Dooku's ability means we want to treat N-2 as N-1. right?

Except it can't be used to "end the game"? What does that mean exactly? I don't think I've seen that in a game before.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

It means it can't be used to tie up the numbers between the good guys and the bad guys.

Ex: 3 Good guys, 2 Bad guys - 3 votes needed

Bad guys wolf pile 1 good guy then use the over vote ability to reach the 3 votes needed for a lynch. The good guys have not even dropped a vote yet and it is game over.

This scenario is too powerful, so I amended Dooku's power so it cannot be used to end the game.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Reserved
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

unreserved
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Enlarge Image
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Qui Gon: Usual rules for protector? Can protect himself and cannot protect same player 2 nights in a row?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:15 pm Qui Gon: Usual rules for protector? Can protect himself and cannot protect same player 2 nights in a row?
Yes. I added it to the description.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

PM's have been sent. Waiting for people to pick them up.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

How you doin' little message?

Its not working. The message doesn't seem interested.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:11 pm How you doin' little message?

I was rejected also...<sigh>reliving my high school years. :(

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

The message picked me up and had it's way with me... I feel dirty now...
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Tell the message that you want to cast it in a movie.
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

/gets a dixie cup
/fills it with liquid
/drops a tincture in it
/passes it to message

"How YOU doing?"
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

In
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:07 pm

Great. Now I have another message. This one from its attorney. You do law, right?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:23 pm
El Guapo wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:07 pm

Great. Now I have another message. This one from its attorney. You do law, right?
I don't recall telling you to do this.
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Pre Game

Post by Scoop20906 »

Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Holman

Post by Holman »

Enlarge Image
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Holman wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 pm Enlarge Image
I am assuming they taste like chicken..
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

So shall we lynch Moliere again ?
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Enlarge Image
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

are we starting with night or day?

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Punisher wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:19 pmIn
that was quick. The message must have said yes to more than the pick up.

Black Lives Matter
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Lassr wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:40 pm
that was quick. The message must have said yes to more than the pick up.
I believe this game has a don't ask, don't tell policy..
Holman

Post by Holman »

Punisher wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:03 am
Lassr wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:40 pm
that was quick. The message must have said yes to more than the pick up."
I believe this game has a don't ask, don't tell policy..
Nah. This one is "Never tell me the odds."
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

The senate just voted down the proposal by the narrowest of margins to give Senator Palpatine ultimate power during the expanding war with the trade delegation. However, the Senator does have a contingency plan ready just in case this came to pass…

Palpatine sat back in his chair in frustration. These idiots are just going to have to all die then, he thought. The idea of killing all the senators in this room did give him a small bit of satisfaction. He watched as Mon Mothma’s section detached itself from the expansive walls and stopped in the middle of the immense chamber.

“We thank our esteemed colleague, Senator Palpatine, for his suggested service during our time of crisis. Thankfully we have the resources at our disposal to not have to put him through such an ordeal of trying to lead our Republic on his own. This would be too much for any one individual and we cannot in good conscious allow that burden to go to one person no matter how capable, no matter how noble, that man may be.”

Palpatine watched with a gracious smile on his face while inwardly he seethed. His thoughts wandered to his troops who should have already started the attack. Where were they? The experimental gas should have started filtering into the chamber as soon as the vote failed. The gas that would knock everyone unconscious while his troops slaughtered the entire senate. He and Dooku had already taken the antidote so he would get to watch. That brought a true smile to his lips, until he realized that Mon Mothma was still speaking. Where were his troops!

Mon Mothma shouldn’t have even been here. Her ship was supposed to be intercepted and destroyed before it even made it to Coruscant. She was the reason the vote failed. Her words had turned the tide with a few of the undecided senators and they had banded together to vote against him. He looked around the room and noticed Qui-Gon Jinn and Talon Karrde sitting in the back staring at him. They had entered with Mon Mothma. He didn’t know what role they played, but he was sure they had discovered his plan and saved the cursed woman. Just then the assembly was rocked with an explosion. A piece of the ceiling came crashing down smashing into the Kashyyyk delegation, crushing their floating platform and all the Wookies on it in one fell blow. Normally he would have cackled with glee to watch those unclean animals getting crushed to death but right on the heels of the first blast there were another series of explosions and more pieces of the vaulted ceiling came crashing down. Pandemonium erupted as senators screamed and started fleeing through the exits in droves all the while plasticrete crushing those unlucky enough to not get out of the way in time. He could then hear blaster fire erupting in the corridors to the east. Finally, his troops arrived. What had happened? Something had gone very wrong. This was not the precise attack he had planned.

In the confusion Palpatine and Dooku reached under their seats where they had smuggled in a few weapons of their own. He took out the blaster while Dooku favored his light saber. He watched as Dooku leaped off the platform and charged straight for Qui-Gon Jinn. Normally he would have pulled out his light saber as well, but he had to do something first. He aimed carefully at Mon Mothma who was calling for the senators to calm down and trying to direct the mass exodus to corridors on the west end of the chamber. Apparently his troops hadn’t been able to infiltrate that side of the building yet. He adjusted the sights and realigned his shot. Oh so gently he squeezed the trigger. He watched with satisfaction as the blast struck Mon Mothma in the side of the head. Her body slowly tumbled off the side of her platform into the considerable rubble gathering below.

White smoke started pouring from the vents into the room. About time! He thought as he used the force to direct pieces of the falling ceiling into crushing fleeing senators and their pitiful staffs. Other pieces he used to block exits where senators in the back pushed those against the barriers he created in front. The jumbled bodies made easy targets. All the while the white smoke was dropping all in its path.

It was getting harder and harder to see as the gas was filling up the chamber and it mixed with the black smoke coming in from the corridors on the east side of the hall. Somewhere a fire must have started. From the amount of smoke, it wasn’t a small one either. The white smoke and the black smoke commenced to mix and swirl. He started to cough and he noticed he was getting dizzy. How can this be be! He raged silently. He had taken the antidote! He shouldn’t be feeling dizzy! All his well laid plans were in tatters as he heard an even deeper rumble and the room began to shake violently. The building was collapsing around them. Everything went black.

You sit up. You must have blacked out and your head feels like it has been sat on by a Bantha. You had managed to escape the collapsing chamber into a side corridor. This way doesn’t lead out, but it was safer than staying in the room with the falling ceiling. There is a kitchen and some smaller meeting rooms set aside in this area for the senators and their staffs. You look around and notice there are a few others lying on the floor who have escaped here as well. They are starting to sit up and look around. You go to the door and it doesn’t open. You push against it and it doesn’t budge an inch. You suddenly notice the air is clean. The smoke from the fires must have triggered the air purification systems in this area. As you look around and start to take stock of your situation, you are aware that you don’t know anyone else in this room. You pride yourself on knowing everyone, but you can’t figure out who these people are. They have to be senators, but which ones? You suddenly remember there was also an attack happening in all the chaos. Could some of the attackers be here? Did that mysterious white gas do something to confuse people’s identities? You shake your head trying to clear it of the fog. Between the attack and the collapse of the building, you may be here for a while.
Last edited by bb2112 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
bb2112
End of Days

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Day 1

Post by bb2112 »

GAME ON

It is now Day 1
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

you'd think after all these attempts they would have perfected the gas attack by now...

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

So we have Palpatine selecting his partner and good specials chosen randomly.

DO we go back to who would I choose as a partner? I mean Punisher threw a monkey wrench into that last time by going random.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr 

Way too talkative early for a good guy. :P
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:04 am  Lassr 

Way too talkative early for a good guy. :P
I agree. I did post unreserved earlier.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

My main strategy this game is to make "reserved" post and then go back to previous days and fill the reserved posts with good things about proven villagers and bad things about proven wolves.
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

hi
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Newcastle wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:43 amhi
Sounds like a wolf to me.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

RMC 

Due to his long history of devilry.
Black Lives Matter.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I think everyone forgot the most important question about this game.. Is it canon?