Anyone got a video card ?

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

Daehawk

Anyone got a video card ?

Post by Daehawk »

The 3d part of my GTX 770 broke today and my best backup card is a GTX 260 850meg so that wont work well at all. Anyone got something better than a 770? Id love a 980ti but Im curious about anything out there. Card prices are just plain unreachable . Hoping someone has upgraded recently and has one they want to sell.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Anyone got a video card ?

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I think I have one of these lying around.

You can tell me if it's better than a 770, I have no idea. Got it to troubleshoot my desktop but the motherboard died before I got to swapping video cards.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hey Law thanks for trying. It seems its very much slower. Where in tests a 770 gets 150 fps the HD6450 gets 4 fps :wink: But thanks for trying to help. Im not sure what Im going to do. new is out. Used on Craig's List is also silly. This 260 wont cut it. My best bet is to buy from someone on here. Or find a cheap card I can Paypal for.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Just bumping to be clear as I can...anything 770 or better. Hoping someone upgraded and has an old card laying around. Free is great lol but ya I expect to pay. Would have to discuss with wife what we have. Would prefer nvidia but lets be honest beggers cant be choosers to a certain extent lol. Im using a GTX 260 from 2008 right now. Im installing Warhammer DoW 1 from 2004 right now so it will run it :P. Not concerned with ports...Ill find a way. When I say 980 ti thats my dream card...or has been until the 1070 ti came out. But Im in no way begging for just that particular card or for free.

Ill be honest. I see no card in my near future for months. New meaning like what i had even if prices were normal. Not rehashing sad cry baby stories. But I only game on my pc..that all I got..my wife has got tv. So desperately need a card or leads. Appreciate the looks here all.

Trying to see if Newegg or Amazon will take back my extra mouse I got when I had money. Not happening so far. Also to hell with calling evga and simply giving up. I have now written them and will try live chat too next. If anyone has helpful advice on dealing with a company and a broken product that is 1 year out of warranty and is only 4 years old or so let me know. Thanks.

Whats kinda funny is this 260 is a lifetime warranty. told the wife I could break it and have them send me something haha. I was kidding but it did enter my mind. No wont do that.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

if you can't get a return on the Corsair mouse, i might consider buying it from you, just to help you out. (as long as you haven't thrown it against the wall yet)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Actually using that one. But knowing me id sell one and the other would break and Id be back where I started on them too.

I checked EVGA's site and even though I meet all 3 requirements for lifetime they claim my card number doesn't end in a certain 2 letters so not covered. Thats IT with evga. ive loved them and spoke good of them but Im DONE.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

PM sent.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Replied.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Anyone with a 980 ti laying around to sell? If you're looking for current miner inflated prices for it though Im afraid Id be out by a long shot. But if you have upgraded and its just wasting space and you'd sell it fairly to be used only for lots of gaming then I am your guy :)

I ask because a 980 ti is my current dream to have card(other than a new 1070 ti) but anything faster than my broke 770 is open for us to discuss folks :) I already needed a better card when my 770 died so thats why Im looking for better than it. I may be receiving a working card thats nearly as good as my broke 770 soon but Id like a better one to have a better back up card in case this happens again instead of going yet again back to this GTX 260 Im using. Its 10 years old and 8 generations out of date.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

I'd still watch Craigslist - although the pickings are probably pretty slim in your area. I looked on ours (Denver/Boulder) area, tons of people selling graphics cards, some priced very reasonably (well, I don't know what budget you would consider reasonable). Some people even specify that the card was never used for mining :)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Been checking daily. 980 ti on it is $1000. Found only about 3 cards in my area that would be any good if they weren't $400+ . Next closest are some 1050 cards but like 2 hours from me nearly...Atlanta and such. And the 1050 is not a good gaming card. Well at least not as good as my old 770 from what ive read. If money was not a worry Id buy a 1070 ti. I just love that card. For a used card Id love a 980 ti. I think that one would last me years. Great guy on here is sending a GTX 950 my way soon but it may not work. If it does Im VERY grateful and happy about that. Its a nice card and nearly as good as my old 770 for gaming. If I can find a better one to buy Ill switch out and keep the 950 for backup. Cause this 260 Im on cant play anything as its 10 years old and 8 gen back.

On the AMD side I have zero info and would need to look stuff up by card.

On the plus side ive gotten in more PS4 gaming. On the bad side I only own like 4 games haha.

I see that 'not mining' too. Thats another big problem with used video cards. Mining burns them out. They are topped out 24/7. And even if they sell working you dont know what life is left in them. Mining is a horrible thing and its ruining the PC gaming market fast in many ways.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Still looking for a old used 980 ti. Would want a better one if its laying around out there.