Gone Gold?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

gbasden

Gone Gold?

Post by gbasden »

I'm having a horrible time separating the wheat from the chaff (or finding the needle in the haystack) when it comes to finding new games I'd like to play. Coming Soon on Steam is filled with pages upon pages of the lamest crappiest games. I'd love a site like Gone Gold that tracked release dates for AAA games (or even AA or A games, just not $5.99 crapware). I want to be able to browse and discover new games that might appeal, not the latest homebrew 8 bit side scroller clone.

Does anyone have any good ideas around that?
Punisher

Re: Gone Gold?

Post by Punisher »

Gaming Trend used to have a calendar or something, but I can't find it..
Other than that, I haven't seen a site like GG in a while.
I generally just wait for someone to post here or pop into Steam every once in a while to check new releases... I try not to get excited about upcoming games (except big games where they are all over the news anyway) since you never know when they will be released.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

I usually try to hold off on buying games nowadays until they've been out for a while and someone else bit the bullet and gave impressions, while the devs have had time to patch it up a bit. Unless it's X-Com or Battletech or something, in which case, I don't even bother waiting for the game to come out.
Black Lives Matter
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Thanks! That first link would be perfect if they actually updated with release dates. :)
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Rock, paper shotgun does new games every week as well. And if you’re on Steam your discovery queue can help.
Black Lives Matter
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

NickAragua wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:55 pm I usually try to hold off on buying games nowadays until they've been out for a while and someone else bit the bullet and gave impressions, while the devs have had time to patch it up a bit. Unless it's X-Com or Battletech or something, in which case, I don't even bother waiting for the game to come out.
I keep waiting and refreshing and waiting for the BattleTech game to say something other than "Early 2018"...
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Tampa_Gamer

Post by Tampa_Gamer »

and here I thought this was a forum thread referring to the old Gone Gold website (which was great by the way and did a great job of focusing on the releases as they came out). Guess I am just another one of the older farts showing my age :coffee:
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Tampa_Gamer wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:17 pm and here I thought this was a forum thread referring to the old Gone Gold website (which was great by the way and did a great job of focusing on the releases as they came out). Guess I am just another one of the older farts showing my age :coffee:
Well, that was my point! I want something like that again.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

gbasden wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:14 pm
Tampa_Gamer wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:17 pm and here I thought this was a forum thread referring to the old Gone Gold website (which was great by the way and did a great job of focusing on the releases as they came out). Guess I am just another one of the older farts showing my age :coffee:
Well, that was my point! I want something like that again.
Why not look at OO’s front page? I find it the best resource for upcoming games.

8-)
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg