Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Moliere

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Day 2

Post by Moliere »

Zarathud 

Welcome to the galaxy far far away.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Zarathud's been pretty suspicious to me. He was completely quiet on day 1.
Black Lives Matter.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Rumors of my death have been overstated. Who knows how many other Senators have survived this tragedy....

Would the Senator from Alderaan kindly refer to me as Newthud? Oh, wait, he can't due to his entire planet being decimated by the Death Star. That's how the Emperor works -- misdirection and fear.

While I don't claim to have a Unagi detector, Remus West has been advancing a narrative on Unagi that equally applies to himself. The Emperor couldn't choose both (unless one chose the other). With Unagi more unbalanced by their exchange, and Remus' motives suspect, I think the answer is clear:

accuse Remus West 

Search your feelings, you know this to be True. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads...to the Dark Side.

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Welcome aboard even though that means Newcastle left with the Unagi detector.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Day 2 Votes

1. El Guapo --------> RMC
2. Moliere ----------> Zarathud
3. Remus West --->
4. RMC -------------->
5. Zaracastle -------> RMC, Remus West
6. Holman ----------> Unagi
7. Punisher --------->
8. Lassr -------------> RMC
9. Unagi ------------> Remus West

Votes:
2 RMC ----------------> Lassr, El Guapo
2 Remus West ------> Unagi, Zarathud
1 Unagi --------------> Holman
1 Zarathud ----------> Moliere

5 Votes Needed

Dead:
Isgrimnur
Chaosraven
Newthud
Grundbegriff
Stessier
Lord Mortis
Revhempus
Archinerd
Purge
Semaj
Tru1cy
Lagom Lite
Triggercut
Theohall
Pr0ner
Mr. Bubbles
Coopasonic
Austin
Redrun
Patriots
Scoop20906 - T-Balled
Vorret - Looking Around

Deadline:
Deadline: Friday February 16th, 9PM
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Newcastle,
Hope everything goes well with your father.

BB,
since he's gone, you should just tell us his role.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Your mind tricks work only on the weak willed. :)
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
RMC

Post by RMC »

Zarathud wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:52 pm Your mind tricks work only on the weak willed. :)
Thank god we don't have any lawyers here, as everyone knows lawyers are all weak willed.......

:)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Sorry to hear about your dad Newcastle. Hoping things get better.

Welcome to the game Zarathud.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I hope things go well, Newcastle. Don't feel bad about stepping away.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RMC and Unagi both seem off to me but participation is so low (including my own) that it is difficult to judge anything.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:28 pm RMC and Unagi both seem off to me but participation is so low (including my own) that it is difficult to judge anything.
It's the new WW style. Last several games have been like that. Plus with all the years experience it's harder to get that "poke the innocents" moment.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

everyone note there is a deadline of Feb 16th.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Day 2 Votes

3. Remus West --->
4. RMC -------------->
7. Punisher --------->

Votes:
1 Unagi --------------> Holman

5 Votes Needed

Dead:
Isgrimnur
Chaosraven
Newthud
Grundbegriff
Stessier
Lord Mortis
Revhempus
Archinerd
Purge
Semaj
Tru1cy
Lagom Lite
Triggercut
Theohall
Pr0ner
Mr. Bubbles
Coopasonic
Austin
Redrun
Patriots
Scoop20906 - T-Balled
Vorret - Looking Around

Deadline:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Given the lack of talk and the tie between myself and RMC with low to no interest in folks voting Unagi (including Lassr saying he won't vote there - which is odd) I am inclined to vote RMC.

Holman voting Unagi makes me want to vote there though.

I'm conflicted.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Screw it. Three horse race.
 Unagi 

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:28 am Screw it. Three horse race.
 Unagi 

interesting, wasn't it you that said three ways are not what they are cracked up to be.

I do find you and Unagi's conversation interesting, in what way I'm not sure though. WOlf-Villager/ Villager-Villager or Wolf-Wolf.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:29 am
Remus West wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:28 am Screw it. Three horse race.
 Unagi 

interesting, wasn't it you that said three ways are not what they are cracked up to be.

I do find you and Unagi's conversation interesting, in what way I'm not sure though. WOlf-Villager/ Villager-Villager or Wolf-Wolf.
They are not. I simply find Unagi's mischaracterization of my comments from yesterday odd and his coming out after me today odder. Both actions are much more off to me than RMC's so I prefer to vote there.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I think the knock gas is still affecting some people...

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

I am sitting back, and evaluating all of you... Yes, I am judging you.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I still don't trust this Remus narrative.

The only thing that happened was Unagi getting rattled, which Remus has done before.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zarathud wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:05 pm I still don't trust this Remus narrative.

The only thing that happened was Unagi getting rattled, which Remus has done before.
What is to trust? I speculated that Unagi had a higher percent chance of being a bad guy due to the "select a minion" method. If that is your reason for voting me it is beyond weak.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:16 pm
Zarathud wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:05 pm I still don't trust this Remus narrative.

What is to trust? I speculated that Unagi had a higher percent chance of being a bad guy due to the "select a minion" method. If that is your reason for voting me it is beyond weak.
Well in all actuality, there are several of us that are good at being the bad dude. And I don't see any issue with Remus calling out that Unagi is one of them.

But I guess other than me, whom else do you feel would be a worth pick to be a bad guy?

El Guapo is always high on my list of picks if I was choosing. And while I like myself, I am too easy of a target with all of my rather "RMC is the devil" plays that I have had. :)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:21 pm
El Guapo is always high on my list of picks if I was choosing.
I tried that route last game and it didn't go well...

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RMC wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:21 pm
Remus West wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Well in all actuality, there are several of us that are good at being the bad dude. And I don't see any issue with Remus calling out that Unagi is one of them.

But I guess other than me, whom else do you feel would be a worth pick to be a bad guy?

El Guapo is always high on my list of picks if I was choosing. And while I like myself, I am too easy of a target with all of my rather "RMC is the devil" plays that I have had. :)
Except I did not approach it from "Who would be good at being a bad guy" I approached it from "Who does the main bad guy NOT want chasing him". Unagi, of this group, has the highest reputation for catching bad guys when he is good. We all have equal chance of being chosen Alpha. My suggestion was that Unagi, due to people wanting to not be chased by him, had the highest chance of being selected Beta. There is not "trust" or "don't trust". The whole thing comes down to if you agree Unagi is more likely chosen or not. That part is simple. His reactions to that suggestion have been anything but.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Also, I did not take the "who would be good at being a bad guy" angle because there are a lot of you who are good at being bad. Almost all have suggested that Unagi is good at catching them. I figured that if you are the most slippery fish in the pond you want to remove the only hook that can snag you rather than trying to find another slippery fish.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

That same logic applies to you, Remus. I would choose you just to get you out of the way. But you're well past just speculating, and now advocating. Let's see you get all slippery again....

It might make sense to get the Devil on your side. Or someone likely below the radar and capable enough to throw higher profile targets under the bus.

Another way to think about this is who is playing silent and safe. That's where we'll find at least one wolf while the other stalks likely targets. Maybe our seer, too. But that seems like a rookie mistake.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zarathud wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:46 pm That same logic applies to you, Remus. I would choose you just to get you out of the way. But you're well past just speculating, and now advocating. Let's see you get all slippery again....

It might make sense to get the Devil on your side. Or someone likely below the radar and capable enough to throw higher profile targets under the bus.

Another way to think about this is who is playing silent and safe. That's where we'll find at least one wolf while the other stalks likely targets. Maybe our seer, too. But that seems like a rookie mistake.
Thanks. I'll take that as a compliment while disagreeing with you. I haven't seen a lot of people suggesting I'm wonderful at finding wolves lately. I have seen a lot of people posting that regarding Unagi.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Day 2 Votes

3. Remus West ---> Unagi
4. RMC -------------->
7. Punisher --------->

Votes:
2 Unagi --------------> Holman, Remus West

5 Votes Needed

Dead:
Isgrimnur
Chaosraven
Newthud
Grundbegriff
Stessier
Lord Mortis
Revhempus
Archinerd
Purge
Semaj
Tru1cy
Lagom Lite
Triggercut
Theohall
Pr0ner
Mr. Bubbles
Coopasonic
Austin
Redrun
Patriots
Scoop20906 - T-Balled
Vorret - Looking Around

Deadline:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I now remember why I had pulled back from these games. It sucks to have signed up to play and have other "players" post exactly nothing for days at a time.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Only one option, then. Kill the silence.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am Only one option, then. Kill the silence.
Feels a little like throwing the game as I don't think they are bad guys but I agree.
 Punisher 

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:59 pm
Zarathud wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:46 pm That same logic applies to you, Remus. I would choose you just to get you out of the way. But you're well past just speculating, and now advocating. Let's see you get all slippery again....

Thanks. I'll take that as a compliment while disagreeing with you. I haven't seen a lot of people suggesting I'm wonderful at finding wolves lately. I have seen a lot of people posting that regarding Unagi.
A few points. First - I am not a wolf (alpha or otherwise), so the alpha didn't pick me. Eventually that point will be known and everyone will have to say "Oh, wow - I guess he wasn't selected... amazing!"

Reason? I suspect they wanted someone else, and felt that I would be killed early - either by day, via lynch - or by night, and may not have put too much faith in my wolf skills (I don't).

I'm OK at catching wolves (not perfect in the slightest). I'm not at all -great- at being a wolf (*probably even sub-par, although I did have one single epic wolf game).
I honestly would think they would just kill me or hope for a day lynch.
IF I was selected by the alpha to avoid being hunted by me (absurd premise, NOT ONE OF YOU WOULD DECLARE THAT WEENIE MOVE), I would guess that a wolf would like to take credit for the "Unagi is a Wolf" move and that wolf would have joined in against me. Likewise, if I am not a wolf, the wolves would be very happy to see me day lynched - so who would that be here.

Remus, your argument sounds fake to me mainly for these reasons:
You brought it up publicly WAY too early. I would think a player like you, if you really felt I was such a likely Alpha-pick - you would have watched for it, and who was playing how, etc.
Maybe I'm wrong about that, and you don't sit on theories, etc - but your early declaration seemed to be either Fake, or (I wondered) fishing for wolves that would take your bait.

Your premise that I would likely be protected on Night 0 is not something I think you really believe. I don't think I've EVER been protected in that manner. Not once.
You did this same damn thing in the last game: started a "Lynch Unagi" campaign early and often, and never dropped it.

Don't get 'weirded out' by my reaction, cause you are just seemingly doing it again. Day 0 : "Hey, I think it's Unagi!!"

Holman's "Too early.... Ok - now is good" take on it has caught my eye.

A few other players also that are not commenting where I think they would are also catching my eye.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Who else here feels:

They may select El Guapo if they were Alpha.
El Guapo has been pretty neutral and low key.

just curious.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I think one issue is that people are being very careful because it's a smaller game. We have three players at N-3, and (because Dooku) that's effectively N-2. Voting feels dangerous, and no one is giving very much away.

I'm on Unagi because his reactions make me suspicious, but I'm certainly not 100% convinced of anything.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

bb2112 wrote:1. El Guapo --------> RMC, Scoop
2. Moliere ----------> Scoop
3. Remus West ---> Lassr, Unagi, RMC
4. Vorret -----------> El Guapo, Scoop, Newcastle, Scoop
5. RMC --------------> Remus West, Scoop
6. Newcastle -------> Punisher, Vorret, RMC
7. Holman ----------> Remus West
8. Punisher --------->
9. Scoop ------------>
10. Lassr -------------> RMC, Scoop
11. Unagi ------------> Moliere, Scoop

Votes:

6 Scoop ---------------> Lassr, Unagi, El Guapo, RMC, Vorret, Moliere
1 Remus West -------> Holman
2 RMC -----------------> Remus West, Newcastle
Night 1 death: Vorret

bb2112 wrote:1. El Guapo --------> RMC
3. Remus West ---> Unagi
4. RMC -------------->
7. Punisher --------->

Votes:
Not a lot of information to go on. Why would the Canadian be the Night 1 kill? I mean, other than he's Canadian, of course.

This error by Punisher is interesting:
Punisher wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:21 pm I am a little surprised vorret was killed off. I really thought he might be a wolf with the way he scooped scoop..
Is this a wolf getting confused or misdirecting?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Remus West wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:02 am
Zarathud wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am Only one option, then. Kill the silence.
Feels a little like throwing the game as I don't think they are bad guys but I agree.
 Punisher 

As has always been the case, my play style is quiet until I have something of value to say. On day 2 there is almost nothing for me to go on so I let the more experienced players take the reigns. They would be much better at weeding out the wolves at this point then I would.
I would place my normal retaliation vote on you, but as Holman mentioned, N3 is essentially N1 with Dooku in play.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Moliere wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:41 am
bb2112 wrote:1. El Guapo --------> RMC, Scoop
2. Moliere ----------> Scoop
3. Remus West ---> Lassr, Unagi, RMC
4. Vorret -----------> El Guapo, Scoop, Newcastle, Scoop
5. RMC --------------> Remus West, Scoop
6. Newcastle -------> Punisher, Vorret, RMC
7. Holman ----------> Remus West
8. Punisher --------->
9. Scoop ------------>
10. Lassr -------------> RMC, Scoop
11. Unagi ------------> Moliere, Scoop

Votes:

6 Scoop ---------------> Lassr, Unagi, El Guapo, RMC, Vorret, Moliere
1 Remus West -------> Holman
2 RMC -----------------> Remus West, Newcastle
Night 1 death: Vorret

bb2112 wrote:1. El Guapo --------> RMC
3. Remus West ---> Unagi
4. RMC -------------->
7. Punisher --------->

Votes:
Not a lot of information to go on. Why would the Canadian be the Night 1 kill? I mean, other than he's Canadian, of course.

This error by Punisher is interesting:
Punisher wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:21 pm I am a little surprised vorret was killed off. I really thought he might be a wolf with the way he scooped scoop..
Is this a wolf getting confused or misdirecting?
My confusion is that at N1 we usually give the victim a last say before dropping them. I dont think that happened for scoop.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Punisher wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:47 am My confusion is that at N1 we usually give the victim a last say before dropping them. I dont think that happened for scoop.
Also not true. Scoop posted 3 times between the Canadian's vote and my finishing vote.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Moliere 

:ugeek: