Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

El Guapo

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Day 2

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:51 am
Punisher wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:47 am My confusion is that at N1 we usually give the victim a last say before dropping them. I dont think that happened for scoop.
Also not true. Scoop posted 3 times between the Canadian's vote and my finishing vote.
Yeah, and most importantly Scoop clarified his role (as a regular villager). That's 95% of what we're talking about when we talk about giving someone "a last say" before they get offed - making sure that they don't die without providing their role information to the village.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am Only one option, then. Kill the silence.
may have to, RMC has not placed a vote and is quiet so I will keep my vote there for now.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I didn't pay as much attention to the ebb and flow of Day 1 voting. El Guapo is a survivor of the scoop vote.

Let's try this -- assuming the devil is sometimes innocent. Maybe El Guapo was left alive for a reason.

withdraw Remus West 

accuse Lassr 

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:04 am
Punisher wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:47 am My confusion is that at N1 we usually give the victim a last say before dropping them. I dont think that happened for scoop.
Also not true. Scoop posted 3 times between the Canadian's vote and my finishing vote.
Yeah, and most importantly Scoop clarified his role (as a regular villager). That's 95% of what we're talking about when we talk about giving someone "a last say" before they get offed - making sure that they don't die without providing their role information to the village.
:think:

Punisher the uninterested villager not even trying to stay up to date or Punisher the wolf knowing he does not have to find wolves...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:07 am I didn't pay as much attention to the ebb and flow of Day 1 voting. El Guapo is a survivor of the scoop vote.

Let's try this -- assuming the devil is sometimes innocent. Maybe El Guapo was left alive for a reason.

withdraw Remus West 

accuse Lassr 

GOD HAS A PLAN FOR ME.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:09 am
Zarathud wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:07 am I didn't pay as much attention to the ebb and flow of Day 1 voting. El Guapo is a survivor of the scoop vote.

withdraw Remus West 

accuse Lassr 

GOD HAS A PLAN FOR ME.
but which God?

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:14 am
El Guapo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:09 am

withdraw Remus West 

accuse Lassr 

GOD HAS A PLAN FOR ME.
but which God?
Pan, the goat god.
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi, I absolutely shared my thinking on you day 1 to see how folks reacted to it. I wanted to see what people thought about that line of thinking and how they reacted to it. I do not feel I pushed for folks to lynch you day 1 at all. I shared a line of thinking and tried to spur some conversation about it in order to avoid the completely random day 1 lynch that leaves us with just as little to go on day 2.

Day 2 you came out firing at me for living based off the idea I would have left you alive were I a wolf. Discounting the possibility of your being protected entirely in spite of my having mentioned it on day 1. How is that not weird? You view yourself as such a threat to team bad guy that you can not imagine NOT being the target for night kill but of such low value to team good guy that you can not imagine being the target of the protector? The two concepts fail to mesh.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Also, commenting that you do not feel compelled to comment doesn't do it for me so my vote stays where it is.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

OK. I just re-read the thread and you are correct sir. I'm not sure why I thought Vorret scooped him (and no it's not because I'm a wolf)
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

No need to repeat yourself, I already replied to your first post.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Lassr wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:07 am
:think:

Punisher the uninterested villager not even trying to stay up to date or Punisher the wolf knowing he does not have to find wolves...
Punisher the interested villager who screwed up.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Punisher wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:50 am
OK. I just re-read the thread and you are correct sir. I'm not sure why I thought Vorret scooped him (and no it's not because I'm a wolf)
So it's because of some reason unrelated to your being a wolf?
Black Lives Matter.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:52 pm
Punisher wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:50 am
So it's because of some reason unrelated to your being a wolf?
I see what you did there...
and yes its unrelated to my being a wolf because I am not a wolf, so since I am not a wolf (or a Sith), it is unrelated to that.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Punisher wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:50 pm and yes its unrelated to my being a wolf because I am not a wolf, so since I am not a wolf (or a Sith), it is unrelated to that.
So, yes you're not saying that it has nothing to do with you not being a wolf, right? Sounds suspicious to me.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Moliere wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:52 pm
Punisher wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:50 pm and yes its unrelated to my being a wolf because I am not a wolf, so since I am not a wolf (or a Sith), it is unrelated to that.
So, yes you're not saying that it has nothing to do with you not being a wolf, right? Sounds suspicious to me.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Good movie.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
RMC

Post by RMC »

I have been sitting back and reading, and poking fun this whole game. I think that this is one of those slow burns, as we don't have any newbies per se.

The first few games you play you are all right up in people's grills and defending yourself, or outing yourself. This game started and the non-wolf's are already looking around at everyone, and the wolves are looking at each other, and realize that one misstep puts them 50% of the way to losing.

So I think this game will be very slow, and people will be posting less.

With that said, I guess we can't leave space for people to hide in the silence, so Remus West is right on that account. :)

My top three guesses are:

El Guapo
Remus West

And an outside shot would be : Zarathud

I am not sure on any of those, it's all gut. I think Remus is playing his helpful self, trying to become the leader to get us to lynch people while secretly laughing at us as we are manipulated. :)

El Guapo is just because, he is usually more animated overall. But then again, I thought Scoop was off.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

RMC wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:31 pm I have been sitting back and reading, and poking fun this whole game. I think that this is one of those slow burns, as we don't have any newbies per se.

The first few games you play you are all right up in people's grills and defending yourself, or outing yourself. This game started and the non-wolf's are already looking around at everyone, and the wolves are looking at each other, and realize that one misstep puts them 50% of the way to losing.

So I think this game will be very slow, and people will be posting less.

With that said, I guess we can't leave space for people to hide in the silence, so Remus West is right on that account. :)

My top three guesses are:

El Guapo
Remus West

And an outside shot would be : Zarathud

I am not sure on any of those, it's all gut. I think Remus is playing his helpful self, trying to become the leader to get us to lynch people while secretly laughing at us as we are manipulated. :)

El Guapo is just because, he is usually more animated overall. But then again, I thought Scoop was off.
In your defense, Scoop is always off..
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

a burst of activity!

Still seen nothing to change my vote from RMC for now, but the deadline approaches and we cannot waste a day without hunting wolves so someone needs to go.

Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Ugh. This is going to come down to a deadline rush, isn't it?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Not if the rest of you get it together and vote, or at least declare your intentions.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Unagi wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:01 am  Moliere 

:ugeek:
 withdraw Zaracastle 

Unagi 

:snooty:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

El Guapo 

my thought / musings...

Zarathud (/Newcastle) is one thought I have also... but not sure. I would have expected Newcastle to chime in on Remus' claim on me, but he never did. And I think he posted during it all. If Remus is a senator/villager - then I could see a Newcastle/Wolf wanting Remus and I both to just go at it. I could also see Zarathud, after taking the reins, voting against Remus... just one of a few theories.

El Guapo, cause I think he's participating but just playfully - which is his style, but there is some depth of commentary that I'm not hearing from him. Also, I think he's a strong player and perhaps a good 'partner pick' of an alpha.

Moliere is clearly paying attention as his correction to Punisher showed, and I'm not used to him calling other players out on their mistakes and mischaracterization of the game's proceedings. Honestly sounded like he was involved in this game much more than he is really showing. /shrug.

Punisher... His 'villager not paying attention' moment did certain have that certain feel to it. Red Herring? not sure.

Lassr - keeps his mostly 'for no reason' vote on RMC - but I'm sure he's tempted to vote many other places... but sticks to RMC.... no clue if it's meaningful. Just noting it. He's a slick MF.

RMC - seems pretty 'jolly'. I do think he likes the wolf role and has fun with it.

Remus - spoken of my distrust of his play... which amounted to "why is Unagi still alive?" - planted on Day 0.

Holman - I don't like how willing he is to 'convict me' on Day 1. I don't mind him thinking I may be a wolf, but I'd think he'd wait a little more than basically 1 night... (not that I think I should be lynched tomorrow, but that should be perhaps when the Seer can step up and guide us a little).

Wow. There are Not a lot of us. I wonder if the Seer has anything if maybe even today is a good day to step up?

Thoughts?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

For what it's worth this *is* my normal werewolf playing pattern. Day 1 I make a lot of jokes while voting more or less randomly and trying to stir shit up. Day 2 I go mostly quiet because there's some information but still not really enough to know what I'm doing, and then the thread builds up, and I'm like ugh, let's do something else today. Then day 3 my guilt gets the better of me and I'm like, "ugh, fine, let's read through the thread again and see what we find." And then I wind up voting for the protector or something like that.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

FWIW right now I still feel ok with my vote for RMC. Mostly quiet and popping up when prodded...feels a little bit like he's trying to stay under the radar. Though honestly, I'm still not sure how to best suss out who's playing under the radar because they're a wolf trying to hide and who is because they're a special trying to hide.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

hmm. OK.

For what it's worth, does anyone want to join me here on this El Guapo thing?
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Day 2 Votes

1. El Guapo --------> RMC
2. Moliere ----------> Zarathud, Unagi
3. Remus West ---> Unagi, Punisher
4. RMC -------------->
5. Zaracastle -------> RMC, Remus West, Lassr
6. Holman ----------> Unagi
7. Punisher --------->
8. Lassr -------------> RMC
9. Unagi ------------> Remus West, Moliere, El Guapo

Votes:
2 RMC ----------------> Lassr, El Guapo
2 Unagi --------------> Holman, Moliere
1 Punisher -----------> Remus West
1 El Guapo -----------> Unagi
1 Lassr ----------------> Zarathud

5 Votes Needed

Dead:
Isgrimnur
Chaosraven
Newthud
Grundbegriff
Stessier
Lord Mortis
Revhempus
Archinerd
Purge
Semaj
Tru1cy
Lagom Lite
Triggercut
Theohall
Pr0ner
Mr. Bubbles
Coopasonic
Austin
Redrun
Patriots
Scoop20906 - T-Balled
Vorret - Looking Around

Deadline:
Deadline: Friday February 16th, 9PM
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Unagi wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:37 pm For what it's worth, does anyone want to join me here on this El Guapo thing?
I will have to pass since self-lynching is usually frowned upon in these games.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

List of suspects that have my interest.
RMC-obviously. His voting for Remus after I remind him he usually votes for Remus and his joke about resembling a remark about him being the devil. Like Unagi said, I think he enjoys being a wolf and he may be playing with us with his joking style.
Remus/Unagi-I don't think both are wolves, that back and forth does not appear contrived but one could be.
Then the quieter players (Zarathud, Holman, Punisher)-one of which could be the wolf seer lying low...

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

El G is not at all catching your eye then?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:50 pm El G is not at all catching your eye then?
not at the moment. He would probably me mid-list for me simply because I'd pick him as wolf if I could choose. If he is off then you may be more attuned to his playing style than I.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:14 pm Remus - spoken of my distrust of his play... which amounted to "why is Unagi still alive?" - planted on Day 0.
Oh for the love of Pete! Did you even read what I wrote? To me you being alive right now has ZERO to do with your role. If you are a bad guy then, duh. If you are a good guy then I doubt they target you for fear of protection.

This misrepresentation of what I'm saying combined with coming out gunning for me at dawn today is why I doubt you are a good guy. Neither of those things are typical of you. Disagree with me? Nearly always. Misrepresent repeatedly? Not in my memory.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:37 pm hmm. OK.

For what it's worth, does anyone want to join me here on this El Guapo thing?
I could happily lynch El Guapo if it were not you pushing it. Although, combined with some of your statements I'm actively considering it in spite of myself.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:50 pm
Unagi wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:14 pm Remus - spoken of my distrust of his play... which amounted to "why is Unagi still alive?" - planted on Day 0.
Oh for the love of Pete! Did you even read what I wrote? To me you being alive right now has ZERO to do with your role. If you are a bad guy then, duh. If you are a good guy then I doubt they target you for fear of protection.

This misrepresentation of what I'm saying combined with coming out gunning for me at dawn today is why I doubt you are a good guy. Neither of those things are typical of you. Disagree with me? Nearly always. Misrepresent repeatedly? Not in my memory.
I know I am on some people's radar. But Unagi does have a point about this.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:50 pm

I read what you wrote - but you framed it under the package of why I was most likely chosen by the Alpha.
Remus West wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:52 am
Unagi wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:01 pm If the alpha felt the need to keep me off his case, wouldn't he just kill me tonight instead of making me his partner?
Tonight you may be protected.
My reply to that :
Unagi wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:20 am Your premise that I would likely be protected on Night 0 is not something I think you really believe. I don't think I've EVER been protected in that manner. Not once.
Again: No one has ever just randomly protected me on the very first Night EVER - not once. Above, you pretty much hang the whole "why don't they just kill me, if they fear me so much" counter-argument on the 'Oh, it's the fear that you are protected!". It's an absurd and strung-out theory...

(Found this gem while looking for some of the above quotes)
Listen to you here trying to work everyone against me: (it's actually kinda funny)
Remus West wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:32 am <snip>
...after he spent yesterday down playing what a potential threat he is but then he comes out saying that only I would have the guts to let him live implying the rest of you are so scared of him you wouldn't allow him to see the day?
lol.

"You guys hear that !? Unagi just called you guys sissies!!!"
:clap:

Remus 

Holman

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:14 pm Holman - I don't like how willing he is to 'convict me' on Day 1. I don't mind him thinking I may be a wolf, but I'd think he'd wait a little more than basically 1 night... (not that I think I should be lynched tomorrow, but that should be perhaps when the Seer can step up and guide us a little).
OK, this is just weird.

First of all, I didn't even vote for you on Day 1. I voted for Remus.

I voted for you today (Day 2) because you're playing aggressively and reacted weirdly to morning events.

Second, I've never "convicted you" of anything. I've already made clear that I'm not 100% on anyone, but you're the player who has most tripped my radar.

You're characterizing the village very inaccurately and loosely, I must say.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

That's not as wild of a mischaracterization as Lassr saying I'm one of the quiet ones.

Unagi is reaching pretty far saying Newcastle was suspicious for not being active or ignoring that I actually *did* vote on Remus. Whatever's going on between Unagi and Remus requires a small room and a rubber object. But with Unagi and Remus both acting strange, they're either genuinely pissed at each other (likely) or both wolves kicking up smoke (possible).

My guess is still between El Guapo and Lassr based on yesterday's votes. With the push on El Guapo, I'm staying with Lassr for now.

Voting for RMC or Moliere would just be too easy, so I'm not going there yet.

Holman or Punisher could get my "kill the silence" vote, almost a toss up.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Zarathud wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:53 pm That's not as wild of a mischaracterization as Lassr saying I'm one of the quiet ones.

[...]

Holman or Punisher could get my "kill the silence" vote, almost a toss up.
:D
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Zarathud wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:53 pm Holman or Punisher could get my "kill the silence" vote, almost a toss up.
So... If you are very active you might be called aggressive and wolf..
If you are "quiet" It's kill the silent ones..

My question...Has anyone figured out the ideal post count to stay in the "safe" zone?
Is it post count or word count? Is it a combination of both?
Does it require attacking or defending any particular person? (Except for Vorret since being Canadian means he's up to no good..Hovering over us in the US like a peeping tom.. I see you vorret, I see you..) (Side bar.. If he moves to the US does it change anything or once a Canadian, always a Canadian? Are you even allowed to move here from Canada? Wouldn't the extreme temperature change be fatal or do you just slowly move south once a year)

Anyway enough rambling... I typicality like just sitting back and listening to gather my thoughts and post when I think I have something to contribute. For day one, I mostly just like to watch the drama because I don't think anything on Day 1 is enough to make a good decision.(Has there ever been a day 1 wolf kill by the way? If so, was it luck or was it something the wolf did to trip themselves up?)

As for this round, I am thinking Remus or Unagi or both may be wolves because the "fighting" seems a little too much right now. I may wait until the last minute to vote to see if either one clicks in my head (or someone else depending on the chatter)