Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

RMC

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Day 2

Post by RMC »

Unagi wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:34 pm BTW, I don't really have a strong read on anyone at all this game.

I've got Lassr and El Guapo as a pair
I've got you and Punisher as a pair
I've got Holman and Lassr
I've got you and Moliere
I've got Zarathud and RMC

so... take THAT wolves!
While I find Zarathud strangely exotic, we are not a pair. :lol:
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Don't worry - I've also got Z paired with El G, and there is more chemistry there.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Unagi wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:31 pm
Remus West wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:19 pm your next one. Seemed to me to be implying Seer with a wolf in hand in El Guapo. That is why I wasn't voting for you and why I went ahead and placed my vote on El Guapo. Wasn't going to force your hand but figured I'd explain myself.

You all can breath easy if you decide to lynch me as I'm not a special. I'm not a bad guy either though so you won't make any progress towards winning for team good by killing me.
I don't buy this at all.
You don't come out at this stage of the game and start talking to me about Seer-ness.

So, since you have declared that you are a safe lynch - I will do the same thing.

I am NOT the Seer.

And if the Wolves fear me as much as Remus claims - they likely scanned me and know that I am not the Seer too.

See Remus --- You see how dumb it is for you and me to come out and declare we are not the Seer? Why ? Why did we both just do this??
I believe his calling out seer-ness was in direct response to you bringing it up first which I find odd considering the part I bolded above. Your post seemed like either a subtle hint that you were the seer or a wolf trying to out the seer on day 2. I don't believe I have played a game where the seer came out on day 2 and can't see any reason for it, even if they got lucky and hit on a wolf during night 1's scan, coming out early wouldn't help since they would have only one more scan at most before getting night killed, maybe even dieing that night before another scan if the protector had happened to protect them on night 1.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'm not following your order of events.

Remus brought up:
1) that he thought I might have been hinting at being a seer that scanned El Guapo. (odd read, IMO.)
2) and while he was on the topic of Seer, he wanted it to be clear he was a safe lynch and not a special.

and then, after that, I spoke of the Seer.

So, I'm not sure what you are saying here.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:19 pm
Unagi wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:14 pm  El Guapo 

my thought / musings...

Zarathud (/Newcastle) is one thought I have also... but not sure. I would have expected Newcastle to chime in on Remus' claim on me, but he never did. And I think he posted during it all. If Remus is a senator/villager - then I could see a Newcastle/Wolf wanting Remus and I both to just go at it. I could also see Zarathud, after taking the reins, voting against Remus... just one of a few theories.

El Guapo, cause I think he's participating but just playfully - which is his style, but there is some depth of commentary that I'm not hearing from him. Also, I think he's a strong player and perhaps a good 'partner pick' of an alpha.

Moliere is clearly paying attention as his correction to Punisher showed, and I'm not used to him calling other players out on their mistakes and mischaracterization of the game's proceedings. Honestly sounded like he was involved in this game much more than he is really showing. /shrug.

Punisher... His 'villager not paying attention' moment did certain have that certain feel to it. Red Herring? not sure.

Lassr - keeps his mostly 'for no reason' vote on RMC - but I'm sure he's tempted to vote many other places... but sticks to RMC.... no clue if it's meaningful. Just noting it. He's a slick MF.

RMC - seems pretty 'jolly'. I do think he likes the wolf role and has fun with it.

Remus - spoken of my distrust of his play... which amounted to "why is Unagi still alive?" - planted on Day 0.

Holman - I don't like how willing he is to 'convict me' on Day 1. I don't mind him thinking I may be a wolf, but I'd think he'd wait a little more than basically 1 night... (not that I think I should be lynched tomorrow, but that should be perhaps when the Seer can step up and guide us a little).

Wow. There are Not a lot of us. I wonder if the Seer has anything if maybe even today is a good day to step up?

Thoughts?
This one. When paired with
Unagi wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:37 pm hmm. OK.

For what it's worth, does anyone want to join me here on this El Guapo thing?
your next one. Seemed to me to be implying Seer with a wolf in hand in El Guapo. That is why I wasn't voting for you and why I went ahead and placed my vote on El Guapo. Wasn't going to force your hand but figured I'd explain myself.

You all can breath easy if you decide to lynch me as I'm not a special. I'm not a bad guy either though so you won't make any progress towards winning for team good by killing me.

BTW - Go back and read that exchange regarding my pick of El Guapo... My second post was actually me MOCKING El Guapo's repeated choice of words....

HERE, I will save you the effort.
El Guapo's two posts that followed my Vote against him.
El Guapo wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:53 pm For what it's worth this *is* my normal werewolf playing pattern. Day 1 I make a lot of jokes while voting more or less randomly and trying to stir shit up. Day 2 I go mostly quiet because there's some information but still not really enough to know what I'm doing, and then the thread builds up, and I'm like ugh, let's do something else today. Then day 3 my guilt gets the better of me and I'm like, "ugh, fine, let's read through the thread again and see what we find." And then I wind up voting for the protector or something like that.
El Guapo wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:56 pm FWIW right now I still feel ok with my vote for RMC. Mostly quiet and popping up when prodded...feels a little bit like he's trying to stay under the radar. Though honestly, I'm still not sure how to best suss out who's playing under the radar because they're a wolf trying to hide and who is because they're a special trying to hide.
I found his double "For what it's worth" to be perhap nervous-ticky, so I mocked it and asked if anyone else got the vibe.
Unagi wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:37 pm hmm. OK.

For what it's worth, does anyone want to join me here on this El Guapo thing?
It was me being snarky.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Punisher wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:13 pm I believe his calling out seer-ness was in direct response to you bringing it up first which I find odd considering the part I bolded above. Your post seemed like either a subtle hint that you were the seer or a wolf trying to out the seer on day 2. I don't believe I have played a game where the seer came out on day 2 and can't see any reason for it, even if they got lucky and hit on a wolf during night 1's scan, coming out early wouldn't help since they would have only one more scan at most before getting night killed, maybe even dieing that night before another scan if the protector had happened to protect them on night 1.

This is such a weird thing to be talking about. IMO. (lord I hope you're not the Seer, cause the wolves will smell that)

But, for what it's worth - if I was a Seer sitting on 1 Wolf Scan right now, I think I would be telling everyone (not at the start of the day, mind you, but before the day was up).

In any case, are you honestly telling me that YOU TOO, just like Remus, really thought I was heavy hinting at having scanned El Guapo a wolf when I posted that?
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Unagi wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:32 pm
Punisher wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:13 pm I believe his calling out seer-ness was in direct response to you bringing it up first which I find odd considering the part I bolded above. Your post seemed like either a subtle hint that you were the seer or a wolf trying to out the seer on day 2. I don't believe I have played a game where the seer came out on day 2 and can't see any reason for it, even if they got lucky and hit on a wolf during night 1's scan, coming out early wouldn't help since they would have only one more scan at most before getting night killed, maybe even dieing that night before another scan if the protector had happened to protect them on night 1.

This is such a weird thing to be talking about. IMO. (lord I hope you're not the Seer, cause the wolves will smell that)

But, for what it's worth - if I was a Seer sitting on 1 Wolf Scan right now, I think I would be telling everyone (not at the start of the day, mind you, but before the day was up).

In any case, are you honestly telling me that YOU TOO, just like Remus, really thought I was heavy hinting at having scanned El Guapo a wolf when I posted that?
My first reaction was that you were attempting to draw out the seer for some reason. Not sure how you expected any real info from a night 1 scan that you expected the seer to come out already. I only acknowledged Remus's point about you being subtle because the way he points it out makes sense that it could be your way of hinting.
As for it being a weird thing to talk about, you started the seer convo, remus continued it. I was only clarifying his response to you about calling out your seer-ness because you seemed confused as to why he was mentioning it.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Only reason I mentioned my non-Seerness was so you all did not need to await word from me at n-1. I figured with the number of people talking about voting me I'd be getting lynched today. I also figured I did not want folks to worry if the deadline came close and I wasn't around to speak (I have a half day tomorrow and am spending the second half with my daughter so won't be posting much after 10ish). I'd rather the village had a lynch without worry about what I might have been then lynch me and wonder or hold off and miss a lynch entirely.

That said, since Unagi has clarified that he is not the Seer..... Unagi 

. No idea what that puts him at vote # wise.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:09 pm Only reason I mentioned my non-Seerness was so you all did not need to await word from me at n-1. I figured with the number of people talking about voting me I'd be getting lynched today. I also figured I did not want folks to worry if the deadline came close and I wasn't around to speak (I have a half day tomorrow and am spending the second half with my daughter so won't be posting much after 10ish). I'd rather the village had a lynch without worry about what I might have been then lynch me and wonder or hold off and miss a lynch entirely.

That said, since Unagi has clarified that he is not the Seer..... Unagi 

. No idea what that puts him at vote # wise.
I always read into these posts that you alread knew I wasn't the Seer. :ugeek:

I believe that puts me at 3. which is N-2, which is likely really N-1.

So, I will just re-state (because before I could have been lying...) - I am not the Seer. (but I guess Remus was actually wanting me to be HONEST about that well before I was ?? How very very VERY odd)

That said. I'm a good guy, and I will point out that while you say I'm feared by wolves, no one trusts anyone and hence that's BS. These games leverage absolutes like that for positioning and strategy - and look no further than Remus for who's been doing that.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Dammit. Just when I had been convinced to let go. Time to rip off the bandaid.
 withdraw Punisher 

accuse Remus West 

Who also said that he is not the Seer.

Between the two, Unagi's exasperation is more believable while Remus is opportunistically acting and preempting accusations on himself to others.

Those thinking that I'm paired are funny. I don't buy the lynch RMC or El Guapo because that's what YOU do. Lassr and Punisher seem like they're hiding in plain sight, which makes me suspicious.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:38 pm
Unagi wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:14 pm Holman - I don't like how willing he is to 'convict me' on Day 1. I don't mind him thinking I may be a wolf, but I'd think he'd wait a little more than basically 1 night... (not that I think I should be lynched tomorrow, but that should be perhaps when the Seer can step up and guide us a little).
OK, this is just weird.
First of all, I didn't even vote for you on Day 1. I voted for Remus.
Sorry, by "Day 1" I meant today actually (sorry, my take on it) - the first day was "Day 0" to me.
Holman wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:38 pm I voted for you today (Day 2) because you're playing aggressively and reacted weirdly to morning events.
Second, I've never "convicted you" of anything. I've already made clear that I'm not 100% on anyone, but you're the player who has most tripped my radar.
Yes, you have had an unflinching vote on me, Wolf's Bane Unagi, all day. Yesterday, you voted for it's author. :roll:
Holman wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:38 pm You're characterizing the village very inaccurately and loosely, I must say.
you, or the village?

In any case - I can't lose. If I am right, cool enough. If I am wrong then maybe I can diminish expectations and self worth!
Holman

Post by Holman »

Part of the reason I've been reticent (I haven't been silent) is that I keep suspecting both Remus and Unagi, and then I decide that I shouldn't suspect either because they're being too Out There with their aggression. I think a lot of what Zarathud has said since joining the game has been perceptive, and now that he's voting Remus I'm doubting myself on Unagi.

Do we have an accurate vote tally? I don't want to do anything before I check all the totals.

As for "pairings," I don't know how you people figure these things out. I'm lucky to catch it when someone accidentally posts "I'm a wolf."
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Holman wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:59 pm Part of the reason I've been reticent (I haven't been silent) is that I keep suspecting both Remus and Unagi, and then I decide that I shouldn't suspect either because they're being too Out There with their aggression. I think a lot of what Zarathud has said since joining the game has been perceptive, and now that he's voting Remus I'm doubting myself on Unagi.

Do we have an accurate vote tally? I don't want to do anything before I check all the totals.

As for "pairings," I don't know how you people figure these things out. I'm lucky to catch it when someone accidentally posts "I'm a wolf."
I am batman!!!!!
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Holman

Post by Holman »

RMC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:27 pm
Holman wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:59 pm Part of the reason I've been reticent (I haven't been silent) is that I keep suspecting both Remus and Unagi, and then I decide that I shouldn't suspect either because they're being too Out There with their aggression. I think a lot of what Zarathud has said since joining the game has been perceptive, and now that he's voting Remus I'm doubting myself on Unagi.

I am batman!!!!!
Have we had a batman game?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Holman wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:31 pm
RMC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:27 pm

I am batman!!!!!
Have we had a batman game?
If you count Chaosraven's SuperHero game when Batman is in it...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'll say, if Unagi is a wolf he has done some damn fine acting on these last few pages.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I believe that is Unagi 3
Remus West 2

I think I will lean  Remus West 

Unagi may have me fooled with his recent posts but it appears genuine. I'd rather test one of them now rather than later just so we can see where we stand with this duo.

Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

This is not helping my dilemma.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:55 pm I believe that is Unagi 3
Remus West 2

I think I will lean  Remus West 

Unagi may have me fooled with his recent posts but it appears genuine. I'd rather test one of them now rather than later just so we can see where we stand with this duo.
I am pretty sure that one of the two is a wolf. But darn, if I don't know which one it is....
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Day 2 Votes

1. El Guapo --------> RMC
2. Moliere ----------> Zarathud, Unagi
3. Remus West ---> Unagi, Punisher, El Guapo, Unagi
4. RMC --------------> Remus West
5. Zaracastle -------> RMC, Remus West, Lassr, Punisher, Remus West
6. Holman ----------> Unagi
7. Punisher --------->
8. Lassr -------------> RMC, Remus West
9. Unagi ------------> Remus West, Moliere, El Guapo, Remus West

Votes:
3 Unagi --------------> Holman, Moliere, Remus West
3 Remus West -------> Unagi, Zarathud, Lassr
1 RMC ----------------> El Guapo

5 Votes Needed

Dead:
Isgrimnur
Chaosraven
Newthud
Grundbegriff
Stessier
Lord Mortis
Revhempus
Archinerd
Purge
Semaj
Tru1cy
Lagom Lite
Triggercut
Theohall
Pr0ner
Mr. Bubbles
Coopasonic
Austin
Redrun
Patriots
Scoop20906 - T-Balled
Vorret - Looking Around

Deadline:
Deadline: Friday February 16th, 9PM
Last edited by bb2112 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
RMC

Post by RMC »

I would like to point out, I am guessing this is an error.
2 RMC ----------------> El Guapo

Unless El Guapo has a great power to cast two votes... :)
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

RMC wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:31 am I would like to point out, I am guessing this is an error.

It is an error. It is now fixed. Thanks for catching it!
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

bb2112 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:44 am
RMC wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:31 am I would like to point out, I am guessing this is an error.

Or was it.. :twisted:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Oh, crap, the deadline's tonight. Since no one's joining my perceptive hunt of RMC, I suppose I'll need to decide which of Unagi or Remus is more suspicious-looking.

One other potential problem is that if Remus and Unagi are both telling the truth, then the wolves will be hunting for specials tonight with a fairly small pool. 8 villagers, 1 claimed non-special, so 1 or 2 specials in a pool of 7. If the Emperor scanned someone other than Remus or Unagi, then that's then a pool of 6.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I mean, not just with one account, I don't.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Punisher wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:55 am
bb2112 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:44 am

Or was it.. :twisted:
FWIW (and I know you're probably kidding), I don't think a Dooku would waste his extra vote by throwing it on someone so far behind in the tally.

I doubt that bb2112 threw us an unintended clue there.
Holman

Post by Holman »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:29 am

Oh, crap, the deadline's tonight. Since no one's joining my perceptive hunt of RMC, I suppose I'll need to decide which of Unagi or Remus is more suspicious-looking.
What's your case for RMC again?
RMC

Post by RMC »

I am guessing it is Remus West. So that is where I am going to place my vote. I mean, we are in Dooku territory now, so we need to be semi-careful, but that is where I stand.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:53 am

It's not a super complex case, but basically while RMC has gotten more active over the past (IRL) couple days, prior to that his posting pattern felt like hovering around and trying to lay low, only popping up when he was mentioned. Plus his documented history of devilry.

It's also a part of not feeling great about either Remus or Unagi, and RMC seeming like the next best choice.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:43 pm

It's not a super complex case, but basically while RMC has gotten more active over the past (IRL) couple days, prior to that his posting pattern felt like hovering around and trying to lay low, only popping up when he was mentioned. Plus his documented history of devilry.

It's also a part of not feeling great about either Remus or Unagi, and RMC seeming like the next best choice.
I tend to agree with you here but not sure we can alter our direction now. I also don't want to carry this conversation about Remus/Unagi over to the next day, if neither are wolves it will just continue to be a distraction. I feel Remus is the more likely wolf between the two.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:49 pm
El Guapo wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:43 pm

I tend to agree with you here but not sure we can alter our direction now. I also don't want to carry this conversation about Remus/Unagi over to the next day, if neither are wolves it will just continue to be a distraction. I feel Remus is the more likely wolf between the two.
Well we agree that Remus seems more wolf like. So let's do this.

Remus West  

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Of course, it's the fact you agree with me that gives me the shivers. That's how this game works, right?
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
RMC

Post by RMC »

Zarathud wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:44 pm Of course, it's the fact you agree with me that gives me the shivers. That's how this game works, right?
Heh... Why yes it is, kind of like a game of Eclipse with me, is it not? 8-)
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Day 2 Votes

4. RMC --------------> Remus West, Remus West
7. Punisher --------->

Votes:
4 Remus West -------> Unagi, Zarathud, Lassr, RMC

5 Votes Needed

Dead:
Isgrimnur
Chaosraven
Newthud
Grundbegriff
Stessier
Lord Mortis
Revhempus
Archinerd
Purge
Semaj
Tru1cy
Lagom Lite
Triggercut
Theohall
Pr0ner
Mr. Bubbles
Coopasonic
Austin
Redrun
Patriots
Scoop20906 - T-Balled
Vorret - Looking Around

Deadline:
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Since I'm the only one who hasnt voted, I guess I need to and the writing is on the wall..

Remus West 

Still not sure between Unagi or Remus though.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Well, this frees up my afternoon to do actual work, so that's a positive.
Black Lives Matter.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

RMC wrote:
Zarathud wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:44 pm Of course, it's the fact you agree with me that gives me the shivers. That's how this game works, right?
Heh... Why yes it is, kind of like a game of Eclipse with me, is it not? 8-)
Like playing with my brother-in-law, I expect the knife in the back (or the front).
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Day 2 Votes

4. RMC --------------> Remus West, Remus West
7. Punisher ---------> Remus West

Votes:
5 Remus West -------> Unagi, Zarathud, Lassr, RMC, Punisher

5 Votes Needed

Dead:
Isgrimnur
Chaosraven
Newthud
Grundbegriff
Stessier
Lord Mortis
Revhempus
Archinerd
Purge
Semaj
Tru1cy
Lagom Lite
Triggercut
Theohall
Pr0ner
Mr. Bubbles
Coopasonic
Austin
Redrun
Patriots
Scoop20906 - T-Balled
Vorret - Looking Around

Deadline:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Voting is Closed

Write up will be coming shortly
Holman

Post by Holman »

Well, that escalated not at all quickly.