Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Punisher

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Day 3

Post by Punisher »

Lassr wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:57 pm well, things just got interesting.

If the wolves were to swoop in, as you say, and cast two votes, sure they could get the lynch with Dooku but that would paint a big target on them for the next day.
I thought about this, but the days are running out. If we dont kill a wolf today, They have a chance to end the game tomorrow.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Holman

Post by Holman »

Punisher wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:57 pm
Unagi wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:33 pm They absolutely should step up now. IMO
I hope you're right....
Night 1: Vorret (what horrible luck)
Night 2: Unagi-He is a loyal Senator

If I make it to the night and the protector can protect me, who should I scan next?
I think it's right to come out, but I can't say I trust that you're the one to do it.

Why in the world would you scan Vorret on Day one? What had he done to deserve your attention?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

If the wolves were to swoop in, as you say, and cast two votes, sure they could get the lynch with Dooku but that would paint a big target on them for the next day.
But I don't think that helps us stop them. I did some math.

We have 5 villagers and 2 wolves. The wolves have secret votes. Majority is 4.

If we lynch a non-wolf today, we wake up tomorrow (if the night kill isn't blocked) with 3 villagers and 2 wolves and majority 3. The two wolves can vote immediately and, along with their secret vote, get an immediate lynch. That wins the game for them as we go into the night at 2-2.

Even if the night kill *is* blocked, we would wake with 4 villagers and 2 wolves and majority three. They could do the same trick, sending us to night at 3-2, and they would know who couldn't be protected because they had been protected earlier.

We have to lynch a wolf today.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:39 am

If we lynch a non-wolf today, we wake up tomorrow (if the night kill isn't blocked) with 3 villagers and 2 wolves and majority 3. The two wolves can vote immediately and, along with their secret vote, get an immediate lynch. That wins the game for them as we go into the night at 2-2.

Even if the night kill *is* blocked, we would wake with 4 villagers and 2 wolves and majority three. They could do the same trick, sending us to night at 3-2, and they would know who couldn't be protected because they had been protected earlier.

OH Please Read the rules.

The one awkward part of this game's rule-set was exactly that ONE Point. That this CAN NOT HAPPEN:
The two wolves can vote immediately and, along with their secret vote, get an immediate lynch. That wins the game for them as we go into the night at 2-2.

(too early) (*not as grumpy as I sound)
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Holman wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:16 am
Punisher wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:57 pm
Unagi wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:33 pm They absolutely should step up now. IMO
I hope you're right....
Night 1: Vorret (what horrible luck)
Night 2: Unagi-He is a loyal Senator

If I make it to the night and the protector can protect me, who should I scan next?
I think it's right to come out, but I can't say I trust that you're the one to do it.

Why in the world would you scan Vorret on Day one? What had he done to deserve your attention?
First off night one would usually be a situation for me as a seer where I don't have a lot of info and just random it.
However, for this game, I scanned Vorret because of my mistake in day 1 where I thought he scooped scoop without giving him a chance to speak.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

So, you were paying that little attention - As The Seer.

You had so little information, you just latched onto some information that you casually thought happened but admit in a single re-read clearly didn't.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:48 am
Holman wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:39 am

OH Please Read the rules.

The one awkward part of this game's rule-set was exactly that ONE Point. That this CAN NOT HAPPEN:
The two wolves can vote immediately and, along with their secret vote, get an immediate lynch. That wins the game for them as we go into the night at 2-2.

(too early) (*not as grumpy as I sound)
No. The caveat was that Dooku can't use his vote to *cause* a tie. See the clarification on page one.

They're totally allowed to use their vote to get a majority.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

We were talking about them using the vote to bring us into the night... where we would then be into the next day where it was a Tie (wolves win if their # >= villager's # any day).

The rules (one page 1) say that the extra vote cannot be used To Win The Game.

I guess, actually, with the Protector - taking us into that night may (or may not) guarantee themselves the night kill... so it could be argued if that Extra Vote was used to win the game.

Frankly, I feel like his extra vote should probably just been limited to the first 3 days or something like that. (to clear up that weirdness).
Holman

Post by Holman »

Ah, no. Apparently I'm wrong. I thought the amendment was only about getting a tie to jam the game, not to get a majority.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Can we recover from this scenario (someone tell me):

Today we Lynch Punisher only to find out that he was indeed the Seer.
Tonight we know I am indeed a villager and should get protected if possible.

I went into last night pretty certain that the wolves, if they didn't already have a Seer in their Sights would have targeted Punisher for his play. He's been under the 'Hey!! What are you hiding over there!!?' scrutiny for a while. He spoke about it yesterday and I even 'called him out' for probably being the Seer (I didn't add: if not a wolf). So, I honestly had more or less resolved to give any Living Punisher a very very close look today. Him coming out and declaring that he scanned me didn't actually help - it made me quite a bit more suspicious.

Thoughts?
RMC

Post by RMC »

Well, I think Holman is a wolf now.

If it is not Unagi, and I know it is not me. Then it has to be Holman as one of them.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

RMC wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:39 am Well, I think Holman is a wolf now.

If it is not Unagi, and I know it is not me. Then it has to be Holman as one of them.
splain'
Holman

Post by Holman »

And how does being unclear on wolf powers make me a wolf?

This is a very telling pounce you're making, RMC.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Holman wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:42 am

And how does being unclear on wolf powers make me a wolf?

This is a very telling pounce you're making, RMC.
We shall see. :)
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

What about me? I could be a wolf.

Enlarge Image
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Unagi wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:25 am So, you were paying that little attention - As The Seer.

You had so little information, you just latched onto some information that you casually thought happened but admit in a single re-read clearly didn't.
For the record, I never claimed to actually be good at this game... so yeah, I did make a mistake latching onto Vorret, but if not him, it would have just been a random scan.
I scanned you because the way you and Remus were going at it, I felt one or both of you were wolves. Since Remus was proven in death, that left you.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Unagi wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:38 am Can we recover from this scenario (someone tell me):

Today we Lynch Punisher only to find out that he was indeed the Seer.
Tonight we know I am indeed a villager and should get protected if possible.

I went into last night pretty certain that the wolves, if they didn't already have a Seer in their Sights would have targeted Punisher for his play. He's been under the 'Hey!! What are you hiding over there!!?' scrutiny for a while. He spoke about it yesterday and I even 'called him out' for probably being the Seer (I didn't add: if not a wolf). So, I honestly had more or less resolved to give any Living Punisher a very very close look today. Him coming out and declaring that he scanned me didn't actually help - it made me quite a bit more suspicious.

Thoughts?
Something to consider.. If you lynch me then we lose the possibility of a night scan tonight. After tonight, I will have no value at all since if I'm protected tonight, tomorrow night I will be killed since I couldn't be protected twice in a row.
also, you're pushing the seer thing made me suspicious as well.. Why would a good villager try to callout their own seer? I really thought you were a wolf...
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Punisher wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:54 pm
Unagi wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:25 am So, you were paying that little attention - As The Seer.

For the record, I never claimed to actually be good at this game... so yeah, I did make a mistake latching onto Vorret, but if not him, it would have just been a random scan.
I scanned you because the way you and Remus were going at it, I felt one or both of you were wolves. Since Remus was proven in death, that left you.
So without the Vorret thing, you felt the entire Day 1 was devoid of anything to help you beyond just picking a random scan? I would think: If not Vorret, then Unagi, or Remus (for reasons that you said but had began on Day 1)... /shrug.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Unagi wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:13 pm
Punisher wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:54 pm

So without the Vorret thing, you felt the entire Day 1 was devoid of anything to help you beyond just picking a random scan? I would think: If not Vorret, then Unagi, or Remus (for reasons that you said but had began on Day 1)... /shrug.
Yeah, because once I saw the vorret thing that kind of locked me in as to who to scan. If you had been lynched yesterday instead of remus, I would have scanned him last night
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

It's pretty sad considering that Remus began by saying:

"We should lynch Unagi, there is very good chance he was selected by the alpha".

you seem to have had an interest in that topic the next day, but ignored it entirely on the first.... and as you said it - If it wasn't for the Vorret thing you erroneously perceived live... enough to make up your mind on who to seer-scan... (not just in recollection) --> You would have just picked some random person?

:think:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

not a direct quote of Remus....
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Unagi wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:22 pm It's pretty sad considering that Remus began by saying:

"We should lynch Unagi, there is very good chance he was selected by the alpha".

you seem to have had an interest in that topic the next day, but ignored it entirely on the first.... and as you said it - If it wasn't for the Vorret thing you erroneously perceived live... enough to make up your mind on who to seer-scan... (not just in recollection) --> You would have just picked some random person?

:think:
Yeah, I might have done random at that point. It wasn't what was being said between you two, it was just the big argument between you. It really seemed like one or both of you were aggressive and it seemed wolfish to me and escalated on the 2nd day. Now we know that remus was good and whether you believe me or not I assume you know you are good, so in hindsight, neither of you were wolves, just passionately advocating your positions which means arguments between people may not be a good indicator of wolfiness.

In any case, if people choose to believe me and I make it through the night, I still would like suggestions on who to scan.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

If we don't kill a wolf today, and you live through the night. Your scan will be highly suspect.
Not to mention - it would be really funny for you as a wolf to just then kill that 'suggested scan target' and come back the next day and say :doh:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

What has crossed my mind was all the night kills. They appeared random or not high profile. I assume at least one of those was the seer or protector.

And proving a special coming out now is problematic. Punisher can be proven by death only and if we lynch we then have only one scan to work with. If he survives tonight he has another scan but can we even trust it.

What if it is Unagi and Punisher? That would be bad for us. So I am stumped right now on how to proceed.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Unagi wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:45 pm If we don't kill a wolf today, and you live through the night. Your scan will be highly suspect.
Not to mention - it would be really funny for you as a wolf to just then kill that 'suggested scan target' and come back the next day and say :doh:
To be honest, I didn't f the last part. not with me as a wolf, but with the wolves killing my scan to negate it, so don't give me any suggestions.. I'll make my own decision.

I guess everyone has to decide to trust me or not. you can always kill me tomorrow since i wont pass tomorrow night assuming the protector protects me tonight..
RMC

Post by RMC »

We have already lost if our scanner is dead, and since no counter, Punisher is it. why argue that point?

We have to put Unagi and Punisher as provens, otherwise we are screwed. And if they are both wolves, I applaud them.

My gut says Holman is a wolf. His posting has been just enough to fly under the radar, and not enough to draw anyone to him.

The other wolf is either Lassr or El Guapo in my opinion, with the assumption above.

Let's lynch one of them, and see what happens.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm good. I don't know what game RMC is playing, but his weird certainty (I've posted "just enough" to look evil to him? Really?) is nonsense.

Let's go here.

RMC 

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I think I'd like to vote RMC but I'm not ready to vote now. Too soon with Dooku hanging out there.
I do agree that lynching Punisher is not an option. He may not be the seer but I'd rather the wolves prove it than us. Again though, if we miss today then tomorrow all the unprovens are on the board.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Day 3 Votes

1. El Guapo -------->
2. Moliere ---------->
3. RMC -------------->
4. Holman ----------> RMC
5. Punisher --------->
6. Lassr ------------->
7. Unagi ------------>

Votes:
1 RMC ---------------> Holman

4 Votes Needed

Dead:
Isgrimnur
Chaosraven
Newthud
Grundbegriff
Stessier
Lord Mortis
Revhempus
Archinerd
Purge
Semaj
Tru1cy
Lagom Lite
Triggercut
Theohall
Pr0ner
Mr. Bubbles
Coopasonic
Austin
Redrun
Patriots
Scoop20906 - T-Balled
Vorret - Looking Around
Remus West - Headshot
Zaracastle - Crushed

Deadline:
Deadline: Monday February 26th, 9PM
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Meta ::

It's not like El Guapo to not post on OO for 4 days straight. So... Now I am worried and hope everything is OK.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I'm worried about Grund for the same reason. He hasn't posted on OO since Dec and hasn't picked up my PM either when I asked if he wanted to play this game.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Grunds last Facebook post was Jan 17th but no posts on his page about anything else. He's fine just taking a break from OO.

El Guapo..I dunno.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Punisher & Unagi-Unclear and don't want to touch that now. If they are both wolves then congras to them.

El Guapo-could this be the game where he is chosen as a wolf since he wasn't chosen last game...
Moliere & Holman-although not silent but not much meat to their posts. Hiding in plain sight?
RMC-He is the devil, He has fooled me on more than one occasion and I don't like him being alive now.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:23 pm Punisher & Unagi-Unclear and don't want to touch that now. If they are both wolves then congras to them.

El Guapo-could this be the game where he is chosen as a wolf since he wasn't chosen last game...
Moliere & Holman-although not silent but not much meat to their posts. Hiding in plain sight?
RMC-He is the devil, He has fooled me on more than one occasion and I don't like him being alive now.
That is almost my summary as well. And while I am a charming devil, I am not a wolf this game. :) I mean let's be honest, who would pick me to be a wolf? Unless I was the Alpha I guess, which I am not.

I think there is a wolf in this group: Moliere - Holman : My guess is Holman

And I like that one a lot.

Holman  

If Punisher and Unagi are wolves, then hats off to them, that would be masterfully done. :)
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

So it's a matter of whether we trust Punisher as the Seer?
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
RMC

Post by RMC »

Moliere wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:01 pm So it's a matter of whether we trust Punisher as the Seer?
Since there was no counter, we have to trust him. I mean he might be lying, but what else can we do?
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

RMC wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:04 pm
Moliere wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:01 pm So it's a matter of whether we trust Punisher as the Seer?
Since there was no counter, we have to trust him. I mean he might be lying, but what else can we do?
I welcome any challenger. At least then you will know you have at least 1 wolf in hand.
RMC

Post by RMC »

Punisher wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:08 pm
I welcome any challenger. At least then you will know you have at least 1 wolf in hand.
Which is why I am trusting you. <shrug> What else can we do but go on the information. And heck, if you are a wolf, then I will not be known as the greater devil any longer. :)
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

RMC wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:09 pm
Punisher wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:08 pm
Which is why I am trusting you. <shrug> What else can we do but go on the information. And heck, if you are a wolf, then I will not be known as the greater devil any longer. :)
Don't worry. there is no risk of you losing your title. :)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Well, it looks like no one took me up on that 'lynch Punisher now' thing...

:ninja: :mrgreen: