Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Punisher

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Day 3

Post by Punisher »

Holman wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:36 pm I never feel confident enough to have a read on everyone, but right now my top suspects would be RMC and then Moliere.

I guess I'm willing to trust Punisher and thus Unagi, except there's part of me that -really- doesn't want to. I'm still not convinced that a Seer would have picked Vorret on Night One, and calling Unagi a villager could easily (if he is a villager) be just a bid for his trust. Plus it's a little odd to me that Unagi has not addressed that angle.

The lack of a counter-claim doesn't clear Punisher like it might in a larger field. This has been a smallish game from the beginning.
well, the Vorret thing, I already addressed as a mistake on my part. The good thing about this is that once the game ends and I am proven, I will at least have established a clear record that I do not know how to play this game and am very reckless with my powers. :) Maybe from now on, we can have everyone post their scan recommendations for whoever the seer is!
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Holman wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:38 pm For "why Moliere?" see all his recent posts. He's really just joking around like he's trying to keep his hand in while saying nothing.
There isn't much to say. Either we trust Punisher or we don't. If we do they let's random.org the remaining players and pick someone to lynch.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:49 pm
Unagi wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:38 pm
Lassr wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:02 am We can afford a miss today although it would not be ideal. If we trust Punisher and thus Unagi, it leaves a very small pool for them to hide.
Yeah.... But RMC said "If you vote me off I am fairly sure we lose."
Yes, that was who I was responding to, not sure what info he has that we do not...
Math is on my side.
7 left 2 wolves.
So 5 good 2 wolves
I die (Or any non-wolf)
4 Good 2 wolves
Night dead (Assuming protector misses)
3 Good 2 Wolves - Next Day
The wolves only need to wait for someone other than them to vote for a non-wolf and then they win... Right?
So I find it odd, that Lassr of all people does not see that math....

<shrug> But I have been playing fast and loose hoping to get a reaction. Unfortunetly, everyone reacted to me being me. <sigh> :)

Not a wolf.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:03 pm
Lassr wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:02 am We can afford a miss today although it would not be ideal. If we trust Punisher and thus Unagi, it leaves a very small pool for them to hide.
Yes, that was who I was responding to, not sure what info he has that we do not...
Math is on my side.
7 left 2 wolves.
So 5 good 2 wolves
I die (Or any non-wolf)
4 Good 2 wolves
The wolves only need to wait for someone other than them to vote for a non-wolf and then they win... Right?

<shrug> But I have been playing fast and loose hoping to get a reaction. Unfortunetly, everyone reacted to me being me. <sigh> :)

Not a wolf.
If you are a miss then it's not a sure lose. The pool will be even smaller tomorrow and a greater chance to hit. If punisher some how survives the night then a even smaller pool or a wolf hit hopefully. This is far from over if we miss today.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:46 pm
Math is on my side.
7 left 2 wolves.
So 5 good 2 wolves
I die (Or any non-wolf)
4 Good 2 wolves

Not a wolf.
If you are a miss then it's not a sure lose. The pool will be even smaller tomorrow and a greater chance to hit. If punisher some how survives the night then a even smaller pool or a wolf hit hopefully. This is far from over if we miss today.
The wolves have 3 votes. One misplaced vote by someone and the wolves win. Hell, I am suprised I am not dead yet.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
RMC

Post by RMC »

RMC wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:58 pm
Math is on my side.
7 left 2 wolves.
So 5 good 2 wolves
I die (Or any non-wolf)
4 Good 2 wolves

Not a wolf.
The wolves have 3 votes. One misplaced vote by someone and the wolves win. Hell, I am suprised I am not dead yet.
Oh, I know why I am alive, because Holman is a wolf. That's why...
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:58 pm
Math is on my side.
7 left 2 wolves.
So 5 good 2 wolves
I die (Or any non-wolf)
4 Good 2 wolves

Not a wolf.
but they cannot win the game with the extra vote
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Which is why I said that one misplaced vote.

So good guy votes for good guy.

Now the extra vote would work, correct? And they only need one such vote to be able to use the double vote.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:36 pm Which is why I said that one misplaced vote.

So good guy votes for good guy.

Now the extra vote would work, correct? And they only need one such vote to be able to use the double vote.
So are you saying; tomorrow, if we miss today, and we have 5 remaining that a good places a vote against a good and Dooku can place a vote and an extra vote to lynch without the Emperor?
Still seems he would be using his vote to win the game. Not sure if it would matter unless the Emperor is away from the board for a while and the vote is pulled back by the good player.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

BB2112-Can you clarify Dooku's powers a little more? Still seems to be some confusion. Is there a way for him to use his power tomorrow if we are down to 5 players and a wrong vote ends the game?

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:38 pm BB2112-Can you clarify Dooku's powers a little more? Still seems to be some confusion. Is there a way for him to use his power tomorrow if we are down to 5 players and a wrong vote ends the game?
If we are down to 5 players tomorrow, Dooku would not be able to use his vote at all. He cannot use his vote to end the game.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:47 pm
Lassr wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:38 pm BB2112-Can you clarify Dooku's powers a little more? Still seems to be some confusion. Is there a way for him to use his power tomorrow if we are down to 5 players and a wrong vote ends the game?
If we are down to 5 players tomorrow, Dooku would not be able to use his vote at all. He cannot use his vote to end the game.
Dilly dilly. That's how I interpreted it.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Oh wow... Dooku sucks then.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Had to instances of "not understanding" the rules here lately. RMC and I think it was Holman a few pages back. Baddies feigning ignorance?

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:49 pm Oh wow... Dooku sucks then.
Yes, he was somewhat neutered.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman 

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

yes, - let's test Holman.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Wait - does the Wolves double vote mean Unagi gets to agree with himself in the forum?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I thought you wanted to be proven.
Holman

Post by Holman »

[That was a joke on my previous Dooku confusion.]
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Day 3 Votes

1. El Guapo -------->
2. Moliere ----------> Lassr
3. RMC --------------> Holman
4. Holman ----------> RMC
5. Punisher --------->
6. Lassr -------------> RMC
7. Unagi ------------> Holman

Votes:
2 RMC ---------------> Holman, Lassr
2 Holman -----------> RMC, Unagi
1 Lassr --------------> Moliere

4 Votes Needed

Dead:
Isgrimnur
Chaosraven
Newthud
Grundbegriff
Stessier
Lord Mortis
Revhempus
Archinerd
Purge
Semaj
Tru1cy
Lagom Lite
Triggercut
Theohall
Pr0ner
Mr. Bubbles
Coopasonic
Austin
Redrun
Patriots
Scoop20906 - T-Balled
Vorret - Looking Around
Remus West - Headshot
Zaracastle - Crushed

Deadline:
Deadline: Monday February 26th, 9PM
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Holman

Post by Holman »

Oh, that's N-2.

I am a villager. Nothing special.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:00 pm yes, - let's test Holman.
I can go for this. I'll change my vote Monday if no one else wants to vote RMC. Holman is worth a test.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'll note, it's not that I don't want to lynch RMC - it's that I'd put it off.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I'm not quite sold on Holman, but since I know Unagi is not trying anything wolfy I can side with him on the vote, especially since I really don't have anyone else in mind.

Holman 

Since we are getting close, it would be nice to protect me tonight. I'm still undecided on who to scan though..
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

So that is 3. it will be interesting to see the vote count tomorrow morning. See if Dooku places that extra vote.

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Day 3 Votes

1. El Guapo -------->
2. Moliere ----------> Lassr
5. Punisher ---------> Holman

Votes:
3 Holman -----------> RMC, Unagi, Punisher

4 Votes Needed

Dead:
Isgrimnur
Chaosraven
Newthud
Grundbegriff
Stessier
Lord Mortis
Revhempus
Archinerd
Purge
Semaj
Tru1cy
Lagom Lite
Triggercut
Theohall
Pr0ner
Mr. Bubbles
Coopasonic
Austin
Redrun
Patriots
Scoop20906 - T-Balled
Vorret - Looking Around
Remus West - Headshot
Zaracastle - Crushed

Deadline:
Deadline: Monday February 26th, 9PM
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Lassr wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:26 am So that is 3. it will be interesting to see the vote count tomorrow morning. See if Dooku places that extra vote.
Well, we only need 4 and El Guopo hasn't voted yet. Plus someone could change their vote.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Punisher wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:19 am
Lassr wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:26 am So that is 3. it will be interesting to see the vote count tomorrow morning. See if Dooku places that extra vote.
Well, we only need 4 and El Guopo hasn't voted yet. Plus someone could change their vote.
Sounds like it's time for me to scoop again.
 withdraw Lassr 

Holman 

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Yep. I was going to switch my vote but wanted to see if Dooku added a secret vote. too late now

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:57 am
Yep. I was going to switch my vote but wanted to see if Dooku added a secret vote. too late now
Let's see if I was right about Holman now. :)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:59 am
Lassr wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:57 am
Let's see if I was right about Holman now. :)
the fact that the day didn't end when BB posted the votes bodes well for us unless Dooku was not paying attention yesterday or this morning. I would have felt better if he went half a day without a secret vote then I would have felt very confident.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Yeah, since Dooku doesn't even have to be on the vote, it is odd that is was not used. Of course, with the fact that the last few votes can't be used to end the game, it really is a mystery why that vote hasn't been out there being used the last day.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

It was getting late and those remaining were getting tired. El Guapo hadn’t said anything for hours and just sat at the table in an almost catatonic state. Holman had started eating peanuts around noon and just started throwing the shells at El Guapo to get a rise out of him. El Guapo just sat there staring while the peanut shells started piling up on his head and chest. Fearing he might be dead, Lassr holds up a mirror to his nose. “Nope, still alive,” Lassr declares while watching the fog appear on the mirror in time to El Guapo’s shallow breathing. “Although I think this situation may be too much for him. It’s like he is here, but nobody’s home.”

RMC looks away from Lassr and El G and back to Unagi and the others seated around the table, “I keep telling you. I am not an Imperial.”

Holman looks up from his game, 2 points if the shell stays on his head, 1 point for the chest, -1 points if thrown shell knocks off a shell already on El G. “That is exactly what I would expect an Imperial to say. I think by simple logic then that makes you an Imperial.”

RMC stares at him non-plussed, “I said, I am not an Imperial. Which is exactly what a non-Imperial would say. You know what, Holman, you have not been very helpful, I think you might be an Imperial.”

Holman sits up in surprise, “Not helpful! What do you mean! Do you think El Guapo is going to cover himself in peanut shells? No! You guys need an ordinary joe like me around just to make sure we get to the right answer.”

Unagi muses, “We have had a couple of shots at this and we have yet to get to a ‘right answer’ as you put it. RMC may be the devil, but I have this gut feeling he may be on to something in regards to you. I think we should vote Holman.”

Punisher shrugs, “I can’t trust any of you, but Holman didn’t even offer to share some of those peanuts, so I’m totally willing to kill this guy. I vote for Holman too.”

“Finally! A decision!” Moliere walks up behind Holman, grabs the top of his head and slits his throat with the knife he had found in the kitchen. Blood spurts out across the table and hits El Guapo. Still no reaction.

“I get dibs on his pockets.” Moliere announces as he starts rummaging through Holman’s pockets. Holman gurgles out his last breath as Moliere pulls out a medallion. He holds it up for the group to examine. There is an Imperial symbol stamped in the middle with writing around the edges. It reads, “Imperial Medal of Honor”.

Holman was an Imperial
bb2112
End of Days

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Night 3

Post by bb2112 »

It is now Night

Night: Events happen in turn order
Qui-Gon Jinn: Who will you protect from the night kill?
Imperials: Who will you kill?
Emperor: Who will you scan to discern their identity?
Talon Karrde: Who will you scan to discern their identity?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Sorry, final vote count for Day 3

Day 3 Votes

1. El Guapo -------->
2. Moliere ----------> Lassr, Holman
5. Punisher ---------> Holman

Votes:
4 Holman -----------> RMC, Unagi, Punisher, Moliere

4 Votes Needed

Dead:
Isgrimnur
Chaosraven
Newthud
Grundbegriff
Stessier
Lord Mortis
Revhempus
Archinerd
Purge
Semaj
Tru1cy
Lagom Lite
Triggercut
Theohall
Pr0ner
Mr. Bubbles
Coopasonic
Austin
Redrun
Patriots
Scoop20906 - T-Balled
Vorret - Looking Around
Remus West - Headshot
Zaracastle - Crushed
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Sweet! Also gives me some more time to do that thread re-read that I never got around to this weekend. :oops:
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

You're welcome.
:P
Holman

Post by Holman »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Now I'm glad he's gone.. I mean really, you cant share some peanuts?

I'm not gonna put my scan in yet. I'm gonna try to re-read the thread, but my analysis is not really that good, to begin with. Hopefully, the protector trusts me and protects me tonight so I can get at least one more scan in. Since I wasn't too keen on Holman, it looks like my reverse spidey sense is starting to kick in so I will see who seems most trustworthy (aside from Unagi.. :) )