Video Games Randomness - Prioritize specific game threads!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Blackhawk

Re: PC Gaming Randomness

Post by Blackhawk »

Those others were me. ;) I'd love to put a star by games I've finished, a diamond by games I've started, a circle by games that need another patch or two, etc. I'd also love, love, love to be able to see what drive each game is installed on at a glance without having to dig through properties.

Oh, and Steam already has a tag system. Why can't I filter my list by tag?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Those others were me. ;)
Yes that man there, Blackhawk, was the others. :mrgreen:
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Who is InfiniteLurker on Steam? I am cleaning up my Steam stuff and I have a friend request from them but I dont know who that is. I also cant find a way to pm or msg them in Steam..Is there no way to chat at someone unless you are friends? Anyways let me know if you're a OO member and Ill accept the friend request. Otherwise Im going to ignore it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

InfiniteLurker on Steam is InfinteLurker on OO.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I suddenly have $15 to buy a pc game with and instantly I cant remember anything I wanted in that range. All I can recall is the necro pack for Diablo III.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ugh, just discovered that Brutal Legend is an open world game. I didn't realize that, and started while specifically looking for a non-open world game.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:44 pm Ugh, just discovered that Brutal Legend is an open world game. I didn't realize that, and started while specifically looking for a non-open world game.
It's quite awesome until you get to the RTS elements, and then it sucks ass. Not metal at all. More like Dr. Rockzo. They are short and infrequent, however. I'd suggest powering through them.
There is no hug button. Sad!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Fair warning: This is one of those times where I'm going to ramble just to get my thoughts out and clarify some things for myself.

I've spent the last hour or so reading up on something that last post made me think of, and I think I know part of what's going on in my gaming brain right now. There are multiple articles and discussions of it out there, and there is even a term that's being used: open world fatigue, and it seems to be something a lot of people are experiencing.

Looking back over just the past few years, I've finished Fallout 4, GTA V, Far Cry 3, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Far Cry 4, Far Cry: Primal, Fallout 3, Just Cause 2, Dragon's Dogma, Ni No Kuni, Batman: Arkham City, Mass Effect 3, and probably a number of others. I've also played any number of quasi-open-world games that have similar elements - Dragon Age: Inquisition comes to mind as an example.

Now look at what I've played and either gotten burned out on or abandoned. World of Warcraft, Skyrim, Witcher 3, Final Fantasy XV, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Brutal Legend, Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, Just Cause 3, Arkham Origins, Kingdoms of Amalur

Here's the thing,though. Only Fallout 4, GTA V, and Far Cry: Primal from the finished list were in the past year and a half or so, while, with the exception of Amalur, every one of the abandoned games was. I'm picking up and dropping games like mad, and only now do I realize that the common thread is that they're open world games.

I love open world games. I have since they were young. The time I spent with Morrowind isn't exactly a secret. The thing then, though, was that they stood out. They were a new experience. Even later, in the Oblivon-Skyrim era, they were something different from the norm. Lately, though, they're everywhere. It is hard to find a major release that isn't open world. I've played so many of them for so long that I'm burned out on their mechanics. I start a game, I see cool gear, beautiful graphics, and intersting NPCs. I see a setting I want to enjoy, and get enthusiastic for the story that's beginning to unfold in front of me. Then the world unlocks, and I open my map to see hundreds of things to collect, towns to liberate, and areas to search, and I just freeze. I can't make myself do it. I have no desire to unlock yet another zone on another map.

I am tired of quest lists with dozens of items which, when I get back to doing, I have lost all story and context.
I am tired of searching for collectibles to advance my character.
I am tired of talking to everybody in a 100-person town.
I am tired of searching the countryside for the one rare herb that will let me get better gear, all while fighting off random enemies that aren't there for any real reason except to add combat.
I am tired of activating a tower to unlock points of interest nearby (can we come up with something new already?)
I am tired of backtracking for twenty minutes.
I am tired of completely losing track of the story due the sheer number of things I'm bombarded with.
I am tired of having the really cool moments of momentous storytelling and astounding enemies spread out thin with content designed to pad.
I am tired of games being unbalanced if you haven't done roughly the amount of side content the developers have assumed you'd do (this usually results in me being seriously overpowered.)
I am tired of narrative progression being interrupted with mandatory peripheral activities.
I am tired of the level of commitment these games require, scores or hundreds of hours, often after I'm ready to finish it up and move on.

It isn't that I hate the things that are in open world games. I don't. It is that I've done it so, so many times lately that it no longer has any appeal. I need more variety in my experiences. Early open world games were a change of pace from the linear games that were the rule. Now it's the other way around - open world games are the rule, and it's hard to find shooters, action games, or RPGs that aren't open world.

There are reasons for that. Open world games have been selling better for quite a while. More than that, though, it is easier to monetize open world and multiplayer games. They're just a more profitable model. I'm just reaching a point where I can't play them anymore.

Hell, I'm pretty sure the 'to do list' mentality is even causing some burnout in other genres for me. I'm trying to play Pillars of Eternity, and I'm hitting a similar overload paralysis now that I've gotten several NPCs and need to figure out how to build them. I want to go have fun, not spend an afternoon doing research and taking notes! I'm also trying to play Dishonored, and am being told that in order to build my character I have to search for piles of hidden collectibles in huge levels, and I just can't make myself want to!

I think, for the time being, I may figure out the linear games on my list and dig up some old classics and try to see if I can reset the part of my brain that's causing problems here.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

As an interesting thought, I don't seem to have this problem with true sandbox games, despite them usually being open world. For instance, I just spent a lot of time with Subnautica and loved it. But other than collecting resources, it didn't have anything on that list I just made above.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Blackhawk, I'm in agreement with a lot of your thoughts. I've always loved open world game because of the freedom, but too many games have quest-itis, the constant presence of quests givers, side quests, activities. I've been playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance (KC:D) and I've got a number of these active right now and by the time I get around to completing a minor one I have no real interest in what started it or even why I did it.

I thought GTA V did a nice job of balancing main line tasks with fun sideline stuff. In fact I've always finished all the GTA campaigns because I would really enjoy resolving the story. Without a doubt my favorite was GTA San Andreas, which was a truly epic story with excellent structure. I've tried to replay it recently but the bad graphics are too hard to deal with.

I completely agree with the comment about having to talk to everyone in town. KC:D also has a poor mechanic in that there is no flag on approaching an NPC to say that it isn't going to tell you anything new you didn't learn from the last NPC.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Mafia III should count as an open world game. I enjoyed it although once I completed the campaign I had no interest in continuing to play it. It took 44 hours which I think ties in with your comment about not wanting to spend scores or hundreds of hours completing a game. I think that the last couple of Assassin's Creed games I played, also Watch_Dogs 2 and Ghost Recon Wildlands all lasted me about sixty hours, which is also about how long I put into Far Cry 4 as well. That seems like the sweet spot for me, except for Fallout 4, but in that one I reloaded old saves so I could proceed down alternate branches.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I agree about GTA V. The nice thing about it was how they implemented the side activities. Not once did I feel that they were necessary or expected, they weren't required to advance the plot, they didn't hide the best content behind them, and they didn't tie character advancement to them. They were there if I wanted them, but I never felt like the game was compelling me to engage in them.

They also didn't serve to excessively pad the actual plot the way some games (Assassin's Creed, Far Cry) like to do to disguise a very short campaign.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Oh, and San Andreas was my favorite, too. The gameplay was great, and as a native of southern California who was dealing with a lot of gang crap in the 90s, the setting really resonated with me.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'll mention one of my most important criteria for a game, be it open world or not. I want (but don't always get) the "oh, wow" factor. It's a combination of immersion, surprise, coolness, a way in which a game not only achieves a suspension of reality but also, for me, makes me want to just stop and stare and drink it all in. A big contributor to the "oh, wow" factor, now pretty much gone, was that in the past, before endless preview trailers and commercials and embedded videos, a player wouldn't know what to expect when they started playing a game. So if the opening of the gameplay was well designed, a player would suddenly come across one of those "oh wow" moments in a completely unexpected way.

A few of my favorites from over the years....
  • In GTA Vice City, the first I drove out onto the beach across from my hotel as it started to get dark and I just stared at the art deco neon outlined buildings.
  • In GTA San Andreas, the first time I rode a motorcycle north of Los Santos, pulled off at the top of a hill, and watched the sun rise over the city.
  • In Just Cause 2, after the first opening activities which were pretty much on a rail, you started a day at the house of your contact. Grabbing a vehicle, I drove up the road to my first mission... and then just pulled over, got up, and stood and watched all the cool traffic go by.
  • In Assassin's Creed Syndicate, when I first got on our hide out train. I went to the aft platform and just watched London go by for quite a while.
  • In Far Cry 3, actually quite far into the game, I was hunting collectibles and I ended up walking a long ridge way up over the main island. As I traversed the ridge I came to a spot where I could see an amazing distance and I just stopped and stared.
  • In GTA III, the first time I drove on the center island, took a turn and came across their version of Times Square. It was dark and raining and it was... so cool.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

The thing that gets me about open world games at times is when a quest is given and you have to go to the ass-end of the world to either pick up an item or talk to someone, then either travel all the way back or travel to yet another destination to even start an action. I get that they want to show off how big their world is, but a lot of the time it just ends up feeling like there's a big empty. The Assassin's Creed games are guilty of this in particular. I didn't mind it so much in Red Dead Redemption because the expectation was kind of built-in that it was a wide expanse, but at least they had populated the game with wildlife and the game felt much more vibrant as a result. Still love open-world games though. Currently playing through AC: Rogue.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think I suffer this to a small degree. I love open world...or I did. Now I have trouble playing stuff. I also cant finish most of those games mentioned where years ago I did.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

I understand completely. I haven't played some of the games you mentioned so the locked zones and tower mechanics haven't worn out their welcome. Stealth has. After the Dishonoreds, Deus Exs, Fallout 4, and Skyrim I don't want to slowly creep up on people (or into position) any more.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I actually have Skyrim, Primal, and Syndicate all installed right now trying to play a little at a time. Not working well.

I have $15 but cant decide between the D3 Necro pack or Wolcen....or something else.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Madmarcus wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:16 pm I understand completely. I haven't played some of the games you mentioned so the locked zones and tower mechanics haven't worn out their welcome. Stealth has. After the Dishonoreds, Deus Exs, Fallout 4, and Skyrim I don't want to slowly creep up on people (or into position) any more.
I laughed when I read the latter part of the post, I've felt this way for ages. Made getting through a Splinter Cell level a bit tought :roll:

I feel like the bird on the right:

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk finished:
Fallout 4, - Coop finished
GTA V, - Coop finished
Far Cry 3, - Coop finished
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, - never played
Far Cry 4, - Coop finished
Far Cry: Primal, - Coop finished
Fallout 3, - Coop finished
Just Cause 2, - Coop finished
Dragon's Dogma, - abandoned, but not because of open world... just not interesting
Ni No Kuni, - never played
Batman: Arkham City, - Coop finished
Mass Effect 3, - Coop finished
Dragon Age: Inquisition - Coop finished

Blackhawk abandoned:
World of Warcraft, - Coop finished (soloable content anyway)
Skyrim, - Coop finished
Witcher 3, - Coop finished
Final Fantasy XV, - abandoned, but not because of open world... just not interesting
Zelda: Breath of the Wild, - sort of started (no more than two hours played), but way too open
Brutal Legend, - abandoned at the first RTS segment I think.
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, - Coop finished
Just Cause 3, - abandoned because it was stupid, not because it was open world
Arkham Origins, - abandoned because it was a weaker rehash of prior games
Kingdoms of Amalur - Coop finished

Not on Blackhawk's list:
Shadow of Mordor - Coop finished
Shadow of War - Coop finished
Horizon Zero Dawn - Coop finished
Mass Effect: Andromeda - Coop finished
Ghost Recon: Wildlands - Coop finished
Assassin's Creed: Origins - Coop finished
Dying Light - Coop finished
Mafia III - Coop finished
Watch_Dogs 2 - Coop finished

Apparently I am immune to open world fatigue. I do tend to alternate with playthroughs of XCOM2. Interestingly, I'm generally the opposite on sandbox games. Subnautica is a prime example. I played to finish the story and was done. I wasn't interested in the sandbox elements. Same thing with KSP, once I max out the tech tree or go interplanetary I am done because there is no further obvious goal and I don't like to set my own goals. I guess most open world games always give me a goal so I have something well defined to achieve. I am the same at work really, give me a problem to solve and I will solve it, leave me to my own devices and I will wander around get bored and... well... check OO.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I forgot about Shadow of War, which I have finished, and while I did abandon Skyrim recently, I have finished it previously. There are any number of others, but I was just keeping to the last four years or so for the sake of brevity (which is also why I only listed one MMO - I probably could have doubled the list size on those alone.)
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I totally get what you're saying. Open world games are my favorite, but if I play too many in a row, I get burned out. Similar to how I alternate fiction and non-fiction titles when I'm reading, I try to get in shorter or more on the rails style games in between the open world experiences.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I have installed right now...

Skyrim 60+ mods
Far Cry Primal
Turmoil - Just finished but keep playing single maps.
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Shadow of War
Grim Dawn
Batman Arkham Origins
Elder Scrolls Online
Star Trek Online
Wolcen..just bought and installed. Why I may even play it
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:05 pm I have installed right now...
Divinity Original Sin 2 - kind of lost interest, still hoping to get back to it - I wish there was more guidance on quests
Prey - Hit a tough enemy and needed to step away, just haven't been interested in going back - not finding the game that compelling
Slayaway Camp - Fun for when I just have a little time to kill. I haven't gotten to the 10th or 11th movie and things are getting HARD
Riders of Icarus - Free to play MMO I was playing with my 11 year old... he hasn't asked to play in a couple weeks
The Surge - got a platinum trophy in this on PS4 beating the game twice (NG+), bought it for PC to get the expansion, it's just not clicking now...
HunieCam Studio - this game is as bad as HuniePop is good. If I had realized it was a click-fest I would have passed.
Invisible, Inc - just bought this last night, haven't had time to play it yet, but it looks promising
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:05 pm I have installed right now...
Approximately 290 different games. I'm too lazy to uninstall them after I play them, plus it makes it easier to play them again later. :oops:
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:36 pm Prey - Hit a tough enemy and needed to step away, just haven't been interested in going back - not finding the game that compelling
Switch it to Red Faction: Guerrilla and that's me. I think I'm close to the end, it's been over a year since I last played. The thing that makes it frustrating for me is the destruction mechanics. Should be fun, and I had been having a blast with it up until that point. The thing is, it's those exact game mechanics that end up going against it when it comes to cover and AI. It's no fun when you need some cover, but the AI surrounds you and destroys everything, and it's made worse by the fact that they're near perfect shots and are so relentless, so the experience becomes a frustrating experience. This particular point in the game is also part of a scripted sequence, so there's no way around it. I quickly become overwhelmed.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Madmarcus wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:16 pm I understand completely. I haven't played some of the games you mentioned so the locked zones and tower mechanics haven't worn out their welcome. Stealth has. After the Dishonoreds, Deus Exs, Fallout 4, and Skyrim I don't want to slowly creep up on people (or into position) any more.
I burned out on the stealth a few years ago. I played several AC games back to back and just haven't returned. I loved the visuals but hated (for the most part) the missions. I have AC3 and Dishonored but just can't pull the trigger on playing them.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I think part of what makes this such a growing problem is that so many games that used to be straight story based titles have been re-imagined as open world games lately. A lot of the stuff I (and others) used to play that broke up the open world games are now open world games, too.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I have a similar problem. I've installed enough mods into my FO3 (all major mods except AWOP4FO3) that I've played that thing to death already. And I don't feel like jumping back into FNV just yet.

Right now I'm replaying XCOM:EU (the remake) and was reminded how frustrating it was as your budget severely constrains your actions and you never have enough money to do everything you wanted. I was playing on easy, did everything right (nobody killed, won every mission), but either I expanded too fast or built too much, I ran out of money by 20th of the month and was basically waiting for next month's money. And I need to solve the problems in Australia and Asia or a country is going to defect.

I'm playing Fallout Shelter because it's a game you can pickup and drop almost at will. I need to send out more crews to do more quests. :)
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Always wondered...just who do countries defect to?? Lol you're the alien fighter.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Why, defect to the aliens, of course. :)

I'm playing with Slingshot, and I just got the mission to land on the alien battleship, after taking encountering Mutons in the previous mission (put up the bait train), and finally executed the terror mission in Russia.

Terror mission was not pleasant, lost like 3-4 civilians. I got the scenario where you need to rush down this broken freeway rescuing civilians while aliens are trying to kill them. Those jumping floaters are nasty, and Chrysallids too? Good thing I had overwatch. Even then almost lost a rookie sniper when I sent him to save a civvie and he couldn't get into cover fast enough. He's just seriously wounded though, not dead. But saved 10 civvies, which ain't bad, for first-time, I suppose. And that's with conventional weapons only. I haven't had a chance to research plasma and laser weapons.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Kasey Chang wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:58 pmWhy, defect to the aliens, of course. :)
For anyone that doesn't know, XCOM 2 assumes you lost the war the first time through and everyone ended up under alien rule. You're not even trying to retake the globe. You're just linking resistance cells and doing guerrilla strikes all the way to the end.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Yeah, one ship that got away, became a legend, blah blah blah. :)

-----

I just assaulted the alien battleship (Slingshot) by shutting down 6 power nodes. Got nailed by a cyberdisc's fusion launcher. OUCH, I stacked too close and almost EVERYBODY got splash damage, but fortunately, a few of the top guys got carapace armor and nobody died. And the cyberdisc ate a rocket next turn. Add some blasts and that's history. I ended up using rockets on the last two nodes.

I captured an outsider on the previous mission. One guy did suppression, the other assault guy ran in and arc-light the outsider. However, that doesn't count as alien prisoner. I had to go on a different mission and arc-light a sectoid instead.

Since everybody got wounded except the sniper, I made the fateful decision to NOT deal with alien abduction in Europe, but instead dealt with South America instead, as I only have ONE veteran leading five rookies, and Germany was rated "very difficult". Fortunately, what happened next was I used rookies as spotters and snipe, snipe, and snipe some more. If possible, EVERYBODY shoot at the aliens and some even got kills, and only a few got hurt, nobody died.

It takes 20 days to build the satellites, and I can't build the satellites until I got the uplinks built. At the end of the month, France went to the dark side, and I got location of the alien base in the North Sea I can assault. I just built some laser weapons (laser sniper, laser rifle, laser scatter) and will be assaulting the alien base with six guys, hopefully nobody dies on this mission.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

When I'm playing Civ 5 I'm always getting some civ to complain about my troops near their borders.
My troops have been there for decades, centuries or maybe millennia and they just built a city on my border and this civ is complaining?
I wish they had another reply that said basically "FUCK OFF AND DIE ASSHOLE!"
Is that too much to ask for?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

There is.
Spoiler:
Enlarge Image
JetFred

Post by JetFred »

Have you noticed in Steam user reviews where you'll be looking at why the thumb-downs didn't like it and you'll see, "After 260 hours and three playthroughs to get every achievement, I have to give this game a thumbs down. Truly disappointed gamer."

Why is that a thing? I'm really asking!
I have but one advocate.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

*Goes to put a negative review on XCOM2*
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Anyone play the game Kim? I bought it on GOG awhile back, and it's quite interesting. Set in India and based on Rudyard Kipling's works, it's got a number of elements that put together make it unique. Best way I can describe it is that it's a bit like 80 Days in its link to literature, but there are so many things to do. It's got procedurally generated rpg elements, survival elements, combat and stealth. And it's simply a gorgeous game with beautiful hand-drawn graphics.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

XCOM: Enemy Unknown update

Just took out the alien base in the north sea. I sent everybody in with carapace armor, and that means only two out of six suffered any injuries that require hospital stay (everybody got hit, but armor took the brunt of it). Killed like 22 aliens. Should have brought arc throwers, but given I did bring a squaddie (my mistake) and the squaddie got controlled I pretty much have to shoot the sectoid commander with my sniper. After that, it's clean up the two more bots and I'm done. The only place I kinda got stuck was assaulting into the alien autopsy lab section, where you have to go down into the "bowl" before you can climb up the sides, and I got enemies on both sides with the high ground. I retreated and let the snipers deal with them. Even when chrysallids showed up, I got enough overwatch that none of my guys are even CLOSE of going hand-to-hand with one.

I need to get some airpower up, as so far I've been lucky in sending regular interceptors against small UFOs. When I see medium and large ones, I'm gonna be in big trouble. I can also see an alien base attack coming soon. i need to get those satellites up to cover Europe and Australia. Need the extra money, darn it. Too many places to spend money. :)

Oh, and I fired the squaddie that got controlled. Can't trust her ever again, obviously.

-----

XCOM Update

Sold all the crap from the alien base, and built a lot of **** I needed. I decided to skip the primary objectives (research hyperwave decoder) and concentrated on researching Firestorm and Fusion Lance. Almost lot an interceptor when it tried to go after a large UFO and got shot up really bad. It's messy. Firestorm was researched and getting built, first version will be laser cannon. Fusion Lance is still being researched.

Did two abduction missions. First one was so easy (the graveyard one). I basically just deployed everybody and just kept shooting. Only in the end, when three mutons popped up, that it may look even challenging. But what I did was fed the group a rocket. Kaboom! Three mutons tossed into the air and thud. Next one was the partially finished construction site. Blasted all aliens, but this one has multiple levels. I cornered a thin man in the corner then three mutons showed up behind me, and all three of them concentrated on one guy and took him down. Fortunately I do have a medic with revive. Next turn my snipers took care of them. And I finally found holdout Thin Man, cowering in a corner. I didn't bring any arc throwers, so I shot him through the head.

Got Slingshot mission: retrieve an escaped abductee. It turned out to be quite easy, as only Thin Man was deployed. Thin Man throwing those poison "grenades" was annoying. But basically I rushed down one side and blasted every hostile I can see. Then escorted the escapee back to evac zone. Only saw 3 additional 'reinforcements', killed them all quite easily. Though that poison is going to take a few days to heal.

I already deployed 2 satellites to cover previously bad areas, but with two abduction sites, multiple areas are looking bad (panic level 4 again) but I should have a 2 more satellites up and running in a few game days. Who'd knew that Canada and Mexico want their own coverage?
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

JetFred wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:38 pm Have you noticed in Steam user reviews where you'll be looking at why the thumb-downs didn't like it and you'll see, "After 260 hours and three playthroughs to get every achievement, I have to give this game a thumbs down. Truly disappointed gamer."

Why is that a thing? I'm really asking!
I don't get that either. I put 160 hours into Fallout 4, and while I didn't much care for the way the plot played out I loved the game. I can't imagine putting 260 hours into a game and then giving it a thumbs down.

In many cases though if you read posts after a post like that the guy gets called out for it.
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Probably the same kind of people who will play through the game, dislike it and ask for a refund.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti