Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Day 5

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:29 pm B All of Lassr's posts are against me, and he has taken several things out of context and tried to paint me in a bad light. Which honestly is not that hard to do, as I have a little bit of a reputation in these games.
that was per El Guapo request to pitch to him.

I also prefer he goes back and reads it himself. He may see something I missed and I do not doubt something may be taken out of context when I am grabbing bits of conversation but it does not change the fact that you are the last wolf.

I await his decision.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

RMC wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:29 pm Back. Setting up a generator is surprisingly easy. And of course setting it up and getting it to run causes the power company to show up and fix the power issue instead of the several days that they kept sending me texts about. At one point they said it would not be fixed until Sunday after 1pm. Go figure.
Unless you're sure you will never need it again, a generator isn't a bad thing to have. I've only used mine a few times in several years, but its good for the fridge and the laptop and one summer for the fans..
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
RMC

Post by RMC »

Punisher wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:03 pm
RMC wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:29 pm Back. Setting up a generator is surprisingly easy. And of course setting it up and getting it to run causes the power company to show up and fix the power issue instead of the several days that they kept sending me texts about. At one point they said it would not be fixed until Sunday after 1pm. Go figure.
Unless you're sure you will never need it again, a generator isn't a bad thing to have. I've only used mine a few times in several years, but its good for the fridge and the laptop and one summer for the fans..
Yeah, I am going to drain the gas, and oil and store it in the basement. If I need it again, then it will be a good thing to have it.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
RMC

Post by RMC »

Well, here is where I am at:

Accuse Lassr  

He is the wolf, I am not. My track record doesn't help me much to try to convince anyone. But I will stand behind that I found a wolf. You either believe that I am some mastermind that outed 50% of my team, just to make my rep in these games very very bad. Or that I actually found a wolf and Lassr attacked me and tried to protect Holman.
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:29 am Well, here is where I am at:

Accuse Lassr  

He is the wolf, I am not. My track record doesn't help me much to try to convince anyone. But I will stand behind that I found a wolf. You either believe that I am some mastermind that outed 50% of my team, just to make my rep in these games very very bad. Or that I actually found a wolf and Lassr attacked me and tried to protect Holman.
I've been accusing you since day 1, I don't recall me attacking you over voting for Holman.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Day 3

Post by Lassr »

Lassr wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:39 pm
Unagi wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:00 pm yes, - let's test Holman.
I can go for this. I'll change my vote Monday if no one else wants to vote RMC. Holman is worth a test.
In fact this is what I said about Holman.

and this:
Lassr wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:50 pm Had two instances of "not understanding" the rules here lately. RMC and I think it was Holman a few pages back. Baddies feigning ignorance?

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:32 am
RMC wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:29 am Well, here is where I am at:

Accuse Lassr  

I've been accusing you since day 1, I don't recall me attacking you over voting for Holman.
You made sure to point out every little thing I did. I am a great patsy because of my past. I found the wolf, and you are not giving me any points for that. Only that it must be some elaborate ploy. Those ploys work up till a point, but never really work out well in small games. The only thing that makes it even plausible is my past behavior, if it was anyone else this line of challenge would not really be viable. :)

You are the wolf good sir. :)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo will be the judge and jury.

You keep saying you found a wolf. You indeed did place the first vote and said pretty emphatically that Holman was a wolf but at a time when several others could have also been a wolf. You are not the seer so what about Holman made you so sure? Other than his posts appearing to be post just to participate and not hunt for wolves, what else was there that made you aware he was a wolf? I mean Moliere played the same game and was still alive at that time you made that declaration.

So just waiting on EL Guapo to decide. I know you are the last wolf and your uncanny ability to nail a wolf when other options were available all makes sense now.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

ok, well, I've put this off long enough (also the deadline is tonight, and while it would be a little amusing, it wouldn't be great to lose because of a missed deadline). Time to look back through the thread and make my choice.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:50 am You are not the seer so what about Holman made you so sure? Other than his posts appearing to be post just to participate and not hunt for wolves, what else was there that made you aware he was a wolf? I mean Moliere played the same game and was still alive at that time you made that declaration.
Any thoughts on this, RMC? The most solid data point is the Holman lynch, so if you have any more to share on your decision-making here that would be helpful.

At the same time Lassr - why didn't you vote for Holman?
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lassr wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:39 pm
Unagi wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:00 pm yes, - let's test Holman.
I can go for this. I'll change my vote Monday if no one else wants to vote RMC. Holman is worth a test.
Punisher cast the final vote Sunday morning.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Day 2

Post by El Guapo »

Zarathud wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:34 pm
RMC wrote:
Zarathud wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:44 pm Of course, it's the fact you agree with me that gives me the shivers. That's how this game works, right?
Heh... Why yes it is, kind of like a game of Eclipse with me, is it not? 8-)
Like playing with my brother-in-law, I expect the knife in the back (or the front).
Not germane to anything, but this "or the front" qualifier made me laugh. Basically Zarathud expects his brother-in-law to murder him in some fashion.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

:binky: :binky: :binky:
 Zarathud's BIL 

:binky: :binky: :binky:
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Goddammnit.

So, throughout the thread Lassr reads like he's much more interested in actually helping the village and rooting out wolves. He talks about evidence, looks through posts, has some reasonable uncertainty about everything, watches the deadline.

RMC mostly sits back and throws a few things out but doesn't really seem that engaged or helpful, except for his sudden certainty about Holman on day 3.

So I'd lean towards voting RMC. However, it *would* be hugely ballsy to out Holman on day 3 when it's a two-wolf team, Holman was not under a ton of suspicion to date, and the seer was still out there (and would probably get another scan in a not-huge pool). However however, Mr. "Red Rocket" RMC is exactly the kind of guy who would do that kind of thing. However however however Unagi thought that RMC was borderline trusted based on his Holman outing, and I do trust Unagi's judgment.

Grrrr.
Black Lives Matter.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

El Guapo wrote:
RMC wrote:
Zarathud wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:44 pm Of course, it's the fact you agree with me that gives me the shivers. That's how this game works, right?
Like playing with my brother-in-law, I expect the knife in the back (or the front).
Not germane to anything, but this "or the front" qualifier made me laugh. Basically Zarathud expects his brother-in-law to murder him in some fashion.
:binky: :binky: Or my younger daughter who hugged Kylo Ren at Disney. :binky: :binky:
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
RMC

Post by RMC »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:53 am
Lassr wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:50 am You are not the seer so what about Holman made you so sure? Other than his posts appearing to be post just to participate and not hunt for wolves, what else was there that made you aware he was a wolf? I mean Moliere played the same game and was still alive at that time you made that declaration.
Any thoughts on this, RMC? The most solid data point is the Holman lynch, so if you have any more to share on your decision-making here that would be helpful.

At the same time Lassr - why didn't you vote for Holman?
I'll be honest, Holman just seemed off. I was playing a laid back game, as I was not special, and figured I would be lynched early on. Not much of a loss for team good. I wanted to see if I could get someone to show their hand going for me. But alas it was not to be.

So in a reread, and narrowing down the possibilities, it was just my instincts that said it has to be Holman. He was not playing his normal game, and was certainly in the shadows. And take a look Lassr certainly does everything in his power to try and make me look guilty while trying to protect Holman. <shrug>

I am ballsy, but usually when I have nothing to lose. why would I sacrifice my 'teammate' when I should have been the sacrifice. Hell, I would have claimed seer if I was a wolf and you were sniffing me out. Then at least I would have scared out the seer or spread confusion. :)

That's my defense, and since you were in the Red Rocket game, I know my words don't carry much weight.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I don't recall any instance of appearing to protect Holman, even when I have been a wolf I never protect my partners.

Holman had been pretty inconspicuous the whole game, and the one point that is in your favor and I cannot deny it is the fact of why not have Holman point you out instead of what happened. My guess is Holman trusted you to win it more than himself.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:51 pm I don't recall any instance of appearing to protect Holman, even when I have been a wolf I never protect my partners.

Holman had been pretty inconspicuous the whole game, and the one point that is in your favor and I cannot deny it is the fact of why not have Holman point you out instead of what happened. My guess is Holman trusted you to win it more than himself.
There is protecting by proxy. You came after me, not in the "Duh, he is a wolf" way, but in the I am going to flood you with posts, and point out every little thing I can to make you look guilty. :)

We just have to wait and see which way El Guapo wants to go. My track record might be allowing you to win, because it is easy to throw shade on me. :o
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

leaving for Soccer. Will not be back until after the deadline tonight.

El Guapo, don't stress too much, it is just a game after all.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:56 pm
Lassr wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:51 pm I don't recall any instance of appearing to protect Holman, even when I have been a wolf I never protect my partners.

There is protecting by proxy. You came after me, not in the "Duh, he is a wolf" way, but in the I am going to flood you with posts, and point out every little thing I can to make you look guilty. :)

We just have to wait and see which way El Guapo wants to go. My track record might be allowing you to win, because it is easy to throw shade on me. :o
oh, you are talking about the post flood today. Well yea, in that case I tried to find everything that made you look guilty. El Guapo asked to be pitched to. I mean I know you are a wolf so what else was I supposed to do.

Good game, see ya'll tonight.

Black Lives Matter
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:24 pm
El Guapo wrote:
RMC wrote:
:binky: :binky: Or my younger daughter who hugged Kylo Ren at Disney. :binky: :binky:
:binky: :binky: NEVER hug Kylo Ren.. I mean look what happened when his dad did.. You're lucky she made it out alive! :binky: :binky:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Enlarge Image

Sorry for putting this off for so long. Anyhow, I'm going with:

Lassr 

Basically, the indicators pointing to Lassr (things like voting for wolves and Unagi's readings of the game) have traditionally been more probative for me than things that point towards RMC (reading of poster's postures and language, which have really almost never worked for me in the past). And, even factoring in it being RMC, the outing of a wolf not under suspicion is hard to vote against.

So, congrats RMC (however this turns out). And good game everyone.
Black Lives Matter.
RMC

Post by RMC »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:51 pm Enlarge Image

Lassr 

Basically, the indicators pointing to Lassr (things like voting for wolves and Unagi's readings of the game) have traditionally been more probative for me than things that point towards RMC (reading of poster's postures and language, which have really almost never worked for me in the past). And, even factoring in it being RMC, the outing of a wolf not under suspicion is hard to vote against.

We win. I am not a wolf. :)
RMC

Post by RMC »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:51 pm Enlarge Image

Lassr 

And just so you know, I am from Cleveland, so that picture really hurts... Just sayin..
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Voting is closed

Sorry you are going to have to wait a bit for the response. Leaving for dinner and will be back in a bit. :D
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Dammit. Lose the soccer game and then check in to see this. Congrats rmc

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
Last edited by Lassr on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

OK. Now I need to know... El Guapo, once I came out as seer, did you protect me that first night? I really thought you were hinting that you were gonna protect me the 2nd night though....
also, Good Game guys!
and :P to all the people who doubted me.. I told you I wasnt that good!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:59 pm
Oh come on, you won, give it a rest already. I'm not a wolf either.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:32 pm
RMC wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:59 pm
Oh come on, you won, give it a rest already. I'm not a wolf either.
Umm.. Then El Guapo is and forgot he was one. :)

You da Wolf. :)
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Punisher wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:14 pm OK. Now I need to know... El Guapo, once I came out as seer, did you protect me that first night? I really thought you were hinting that you were gonna protect me the 2nd night though....
also, Good Game guys!
and :P to all the people who doubted me.. I told you I wasnt that good!
I did. The second night hint was more of a hail mary - I was hoping that the wolf would see it and think that I was likely to protect you that night, and at least give them some pause before targeting you. Unsurprisingly, it did not work.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

”You are the wolf!” yelled Lassr while pointing an accusing finger at RMC.

“That’s ludicrous!” yelled RMC right back. “Why would a Wolf be doing in the senate hall! You are crazy!”

“Ha, crazy! I will show you crazy!” Lassr starts pulling out plaster tire tracks, foot prints, dog smelling prints, and
he had twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining how each one was to be used as evidence against RMC. He had pictures of the approach, the getaway, the northwest corner the southwest corner and that's not to mention the aerial photography.

El Guapo just sat there with eyes glazed and his head in his hands. Lassr realized that El Guapo was not looking at the twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining how each one was to be used as evidence against RMC. Lassr looked at the twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining how each one was to be used as evidence against RMC, back to El Guapo, back to the the twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining how each one was to be used as evidence against RMC, back to El Guapo and started to cry. See, Lassr figured out that El Guapo was never going to look at the twenty seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining how each one was to be used as evidence against RMC. Justice was blind.

El Guapo finally sat up just as the sun was starting to set and began to point. First at Lassr, then RMC. RMC could just make out El Guapo saying “eenie meanie miny moe.” What the hell that meant, he had no idea.

Just when it looked like Lassr and RMC were going to kill each other, El Guapo’s hand stopped going back and forth. It was pointing at Lassr. “You! I vote for you!”

“Woohoo! I win!” shouted RMC with a huge grin on his face. He pulls out a blaster and shoots Lassr in the face. He then spins and shoots El Guapo. “And that is for taking so long. Never doubt the Red Rocket. I win, I win I win!”

Spoiler:
Lassr was the last Sith. The Republic Wins!
Last edited by bb2112 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So....Lassr was the wolf, then? I assume that from the spoiler, though the whole "RMC shooting me" thing threw me off a bit....
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:21 am So....Lassr was the wolf, then? I assume that from the spoiler, though the whole "RMC shooting me" thing threw me off a bit....
Yes, it was Lassr and Holman the whole time. And they would have gotten away with it too if it wasn’t for you pesky kids.
Zarathud

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Game Over

Post by Zarathud »

Newcastle asked me to keep a watch on Lassr because of his "feels." When I was spreading my vote around, I was looking to see if anyone would follow me. After I was whacked, Lassr was super quick to diminish my votes and explain everything away. IMO that was the tell.

Holman was harder, much harder, to spot.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
RMC

Post by RMC »

Zarathud wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:44 am Newcastle asked me to keep a watch on Lassr because of his "feels." When I was spreading my vote around, I was looking to see if anyone would follow me. After I was whacked, Lassr was super quick to diminish my votes and explain everything away. IMO that was the tell.

Holman was harder, much harder, to spot.
Nah, red rocket knows who the wolves are. :)

Or I got very lucky. So who choose who? I am guessing Holman chose lassr?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Congrats, Jedi scum!

I drew Emperor and chose Lassr. His planning and guile almost won the game for us.

We scanned Punsher on night one and El Guapo on night two. How's that for Sith efficiency?

The question was when and whether to make a false claim, but it never seemed like the right time. Also, it turns out that it's much harder to hide in a small game.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Holman wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:24 am Congrats, Jedi scum!

I drew Emperor and chose Lassr. His planning and guile almost won the game for us.

We scanned Punsher on night one and El Guapo on night two. How's that for Sith efficiency?

The question was when and whether to make a false claim, but it never seemed like the right time. Also, it turns out that it's much harder to hide in a small game.
Well, you got that reversed. EL Guapo night one and punisher night 2.

We took out Zarathud night 2 because of his vote for me for odd reasoning. I figured Newcastle passed some info on to him or Newcastle was the seer at the time. We scanned punisher because he was hinting or talking like he might be the seer. Debated taking him out but then Unagi had to go and say Punisher was acting like the seer so then I thought El Guapo may pick up on that and protect Punisher that night so kill Z and scan Punisher. We passed on killing EL Guapo that night due to trying to find the seer. From that point on though the protections worked against us.

RMC calling out Holman was also a killer, as much as I tried to work around it, laying down counter evidence, that one hurdle proved to be too big.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

oh and I am not a wolf. I am a Count and a Sith dammit.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I still say Unagi was acting weird. :P
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Holman

Post by Holman »

Lassr wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:41 am
Holman wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:24 am Congrats, Jedi scum!

Well, you got that reversed. EL Guapo night one and punisher night 2.
In my head I didn't reverse it. You are correct!