Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Game Over

Post by Lassr »

Here's what I said in the Sith room at the start of the day:
RMC outing Holman is the big kicker though. As a villager casting the final vote that would really give me pause also
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Day 4

Post by Moliere »

Moliere wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:18 am
Lassr wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:41 am  Moliere 

That's the way I'm leaning. He & Holman played about the same type of game. Hanging around making posts but never seemed to be trying to find wolves.
So while I was scooping the wolf you were delaying and avoiding voting for him:
Lassr wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:39 pm
Unagi wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:00 pm yes, - let's test Holman.
I can go for this. I'll change my vote Monday if no one else wants to vote RMC. Holman is worth a test.
Lassr wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:57 am
Punisher wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:19 am
Lassr wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:26 am So that is 3. it will be interesting to see the vote count tomorrow morning. See if Dooku places that extra vote.
Well, we only need 4 and El Guopo hasn't voted yet. Plus someone could change their vote.
Yep. I was going to switch my vote but wanted to see if Dooku added a secret vote. too late now
You seem to keep trying to misdirect us away from Holman.

Lassr 

Blind squirrel finds the Sith.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Protecting Holman: Partially, although I was going to place the killing vote on him on Monday, I just didn't get the chance. If he could have survived that day I think we would have won. I knew losing him would really tighten the noose on me. I knew El Guapo was Qui-Gon and hadn't come out, I knew Punisher would get one more scan.

Holman alive would have made it easier, with him dead I had numerous scenarios to go through. Kill EL Guapo, claim Qui-Gon (may not have been believable), leave Punisher alive by attacking El Guapo when I knew he would be protecting himself(I thought it unlikely I could convince enough that punisher was faking), so had to go with leave RMC alive and see if I could get past his outing Holman.
Last edited by Lassr on Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Who did EL Guapo protect each night?

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:27 am Who did EL Guapo protect each night?
Night 1: El Guapo
Night 2: Lassr (amusingly. I figured they were probably hunting for the seer, and would target someone who they didn't expect to be protected).
Night 3: Punisher
Night 4: El Guapo

I will point out that only one of the three people I was protected was killed at night, so that's basically a 67% survival ratio.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:24 am Protecting Holman: Partially, although I was going to place the killing vote on him on Monday, I just didn't get the chance. If he could have survived that day I think we would have won. I knew losing him would really tighten the noose on me. I knew El Guapo was Qui-Gon and hadn't come out, I knew Punisher would get one more scan.

Holman alive would have made it easier, with him dead I had numerous scenarios to go through. Kill EL Guapo, claim Qui-Gon (may not have been believable), leave Punisher alive by attacking El Guapo when I knew he would be protecting himself(I thought it unlikely I could convince enough that punisher was faking), so had to go with leave RMC alive and see if I could get past his outing Holman.
I mean, I did give a lot of thought to voting for RMC at the end. His sudden and odd certainty re: Holman was a little disquieting, and like I said it *is* RMC (and had I been fooled and beaten by RMC *again*, that would have sucked). But even for RMC, going down to one wolf with the seer still out there (and a small pool) would have been incredibly risky. Unagi's last (or close to last) commentary where he said he viewed RMC as essentially trusted also helped reassure me on that score.

So you did really well with the hand you had.

I'm just glad that I didn't screw it up at the end. :)
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Thanks for running this by the way bb2112 - it was a lot of fun.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Yes, thanks bb2112!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

One suggestion for the Sith in a future game - try writing out a letter that says "I am a loyal citizen of the Republic". You can do that even if it's not true!
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:39 am
Lassr wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:27 am Who did EL Guapo protect each night?
Night 1: El Guapo
Night 2: Lassr (amusingly. I figured they were probably hunting for the seer, and would target someone who they didn't expect to be protected).
Night 3: Punisher
Night 4: El Guapo

I will point out that only one of the three people I was protected was killed at night, so that's basically a 67% survival ratio.
phooey. If only we would have went kill Punisher and scan Zarathud on night 2. Unagi calling out Punisher as possible seer did not trigger a protection.

Here is what i had posted in the other forum back on Feb 27th.
Barring a miracle, I will just say that Unagi is the unintended hero this game. When punisher was talking about the seer coming out, it struck me as he could be the seer and he probably would have been my kill target choice. But then Unagi had to go and post that Punisher was looking like the seer. I then thought that El Guapo could use that statement to defend Punisher. So instead of killing punisher we just scanned him. And the rest is history...

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:05 am One suggestion for the Sith in a future game - try writing out a letter that says "I am a loyal citizen of the Republic". You can do that even if it's not true!
:doh:

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:01 am I'm just glad that I didn't screw it up at the end. :)
Well you did...from a certain point of view.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

and thanks BB. always entertaining.

Black Lives Matter
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

FYI. My talking about the seer was in response to someone (I'm too lazy to check who) Starting to call the seer out early in the game. I thought it was a wolf and was trying to make the point that it didn't make sense for the seer to come out yet. I would have said the same thing even if I wasn't the seer. So I'm not sure how that got turned around into me starting the seer convo...
and for the record, I DID actually make that mistake with vorret on Day 1 and scanned him...
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Punisher wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:18 am FYI. My talking about the seer was in response to someone (I'm too lazy to check who) Starting to call the seer out early in the game. I thought it was a wolf and was trying to make the point that it didn't make sense for the seer to come out yet. I would have said the same thing even if I wasn't the seer. So I'm not sure how that got turned around into me starting the seer convo...
and for the record, I DID actually make that mistake with vorret on Day 1 and scanned him...
it can or cannot be a sign. There have been many games where the person playing a role may tend to answer questions about that role.

And if you get access to the Sith forum, starting on page 9 is when it gets really interesting going through all the scenarios we tried to play out at the end.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Red Rocket is king!!!!!

:)
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Punisher wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:18 am FYI. My talking about the seer was in response to someone (I'm too lazy to check who) Starting to call the seer out early in the game. I thought it was a wolf and was trying to make the point that it didn't make sense for the seer to come out yet. I would have said the same thing even if I wasn't the seer. So I'm not sure how that got turned around into me starting the seer convo...
That was Unagi talking about the Seer.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Remus West wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:57 am
Thanks. I think thats why I thought unagi was a wolf. Who starts trying to out the seer that early in the game?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Punisher wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:14 pm
Thanks. I think thats why I thought unagi was a wolf. Who starts trying to out the seer that early in the game?
A guy behaving weirdly! SEE! This is what I had been saying. :P
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RMC

Post by RMC »

Remus West wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:17 pm
Punisher wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:14 pm
A guy behaving weirdly! SEE! This is what I had been saying. :P
I honestly thought he just said what everyone was thinking. :)
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Of course I was.

The way I remember it going down was this:

Step 1. Remus declared "I wanna vote for Unagi, but I'm pretty sure he just hinted as the Seer that we should vote for El Guapo. Is that the case or is it not the case Unagi?"

Step 2. I declared that it was stupid for him to say that (* I can go into great detail as to why Step 1 is a classic wolf move), and that he shouldn't be asking for people to clarify if they are or aren't seer unless they are at N-1.

Step 3. Punisher comes in and suddenly finds a topic that he really wants to talk about: "The Risks of Outing the Seer". I make sure that We Are All Seeing the Same Thing (the wolves hate that).

Step 4. Fed up with it all, I declare that I am not the Seer and (Remus made a declaration as well, as he approached but didn't hit N-1) - and that because of Remus now the wolves were getting a greatly narrowed down view of who the Seer wasn't.

Anyhow. I thought it was a very fun game and great write-ups!

I would like to make it clear: Remus' theory was wrong at every depth and its entire breadth. (aside from me being weird, but that is commonly the case)
:P :wink:
:horse:
Last edited by Unagi on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Thanks to all for playing. As the mod I had a ton of angst as I thought the Sith were going to run away with the game. Then it totally switched and I thought the Sith were doomed. Everyone played a great game and it was a nail biter right up to the end. Which way was El Guapo going to jump?

It was so hard for me not to comment. Especially when Unagi put out his connections list and Holman and Lassr were on it. When he declared RMC basically trusted which did help sway El Guapo’s decision. Damn, Unagi, you never cease to amaze me! Bravo!

Thanks again everyone. I had a lot of fun running it.
Spoiler:
Did anyone get the Allison’s Restaurant reference or did you all think I was just being weird with the glossy photo references?
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Thanks for dragging me back in! Had fun, appreciate your moderation.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
RMC

Post by RMC »

bb2112 wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:25 pm Thanks to all for playing. As the mod I had a ton of angst as I thought the Sith were going to run away with the game. Then it totally switched and I thought the Sith were doomed. Everyone played a great game and it was a nail biter right up to the end. Which way was El Guapo going to jump?

It was so hard for me not to comment. Especially when Unagi put out his connections list and Holman and Lassr were on it. When he declared RMC basically trusted which did help sway El Guapo’s decision. Damn, Unagi, you never cease to amaze me! Bravo!

Thanks again everyone. I had a lot of fun running it.
Spoiler:
Did anyone get the Allison’s Restaurant reference or did you all think I was just being weird with the glossy photo references?
Yeah, Arlo Guthrie and I thought it was Alice's Restaurant. :)
Lassr

Re: Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith - Night 3

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:49 pm The Holman / El Guapo pairing is strong.
The Holman / Moliere pairing is less so.
The Holman / Lassr pairing even lesser.
I consider it a minor victory that Unagi suspected me less than everyone but RMC.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:35 pm
I consider it a minor victory that Unagi suspected me less than everyone but RMC.
I did not know it was you until the quick vote at the end. I knew then it had to be you. I had planned to try to get everyone to vote for you, but life kept me away when I was going to make my case.

Then I thought that my track record would kill me, as I have been known to do some ballsy(dumb) stuff in these games. :)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Absolutely... I agree with you.

However - El Guapo was a flash in the pan (and I got a little fixated on the potential humor behind him quoting Holman's post about pairing...) Moliere, I was mostly split - but the Vorret kill made me lean a little toward thinking it was indeed Moliere...
I thought it was you SoooOOooOOooo many damn times, and I kept freaking telling myself to put a little faith in you... damn it... (never again) And in all my re-reads, I kept reading your "go with you instincts" post... and thought... "Poor Lassr wouldn't have said that if he knew how badly I wanted to focus on him.... poor fella...." damn it... :grund:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

RMC wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:39 pm
I did not know it was you until the quick vote at the end. I knew then it had to be you. I had planned to try to get everyone to vote for you, but life kept me away when I was going to make my case.

Then I thought that my track record would kill me, as I have been known to do some ballsy(dumb) stuff in these games. :)
One of my biggest regrets from this game is killing Moliere too quickly. It was stupid to do that before getting you on the record that day with your thoughts on who the final wolf was (regardless of whether it would turn out to be you or someone else). Oh well - worked out in the end.
Black Lives Matter.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:59 am One of my biggest regrets from this game is killing Moliere.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
olivia13

Post by olivia13 »

I am so glad I spam.
Holman

Post by Holman »

olivia13 

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »