Anyone here work for UPS?

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Anyone here work for UPS?

Post by LawBeefaroni »

3 days to get picked up, clear customs, cross the Atlantic, and get delivered is pretty optimistic. I think they may have overpromised on the date. I wouldn't start worry until you don't see an update for 3 or so businesses days.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I buy small items from Japan and China all the time and waiting for a week or more to get thru customs is not unusual.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

If he bought UPS Worldwide Expedited, he paid big bucks for a guaranteed delivery date, and might be able to file for a refund if it's late. I've never used that service because it's priced out of reach, so IDK the service guarantee details.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

And this is why people who try to ship themselves to Hawaii in a box are never heard from again.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

Kraken wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:32 pm If he bought UPS Worldwide Expedited, he paid big bucks for a guaranteed delivery date, and might be able to file for a refund if it's late. I've never used that service because it's priced out of reach, so IDK the service guarantee details.
It was a part of the purchase. Not sure it's truly expedited. It's Worldwide Saver, but others have said they routinely get theirs in 3 or so days. I was going by several UPS messages I received giving me a scheduled delivery date of Monday, then Wednesday, and now on hold again.

Either way, I just had another scan: Held in Warehouse. So it's not moving again. It's being held.
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

When we would get something cheap from China it took 2 weeks - 5 weeks. Sometimes Id get it and wonder what the heck I ordered it had been so long.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm tracking a package via UPS right now. It isn't as valuable as yours, but it is supposed to be delivered by the end of the day (and it's almost 5.) Tracking shows it is still sitting in Houston where it was received.

Either it will show up magically and all of the missing tracking info will fill itself in, or in a couple of hours it will be rescheduled for another day, or it will disappear for a three days, show up in Oregon, then Florida, then appear on my steps beat to hell.

It's pretty much par for the course for UPS. FedEx is worse. USPS seems better, but that's mostly because the tracking and times are so vague that you never know when it is actually late. And don't even get me started on DHL. With DHL I just hope it shows up before it dissolves from age.

The delivery time is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. Arrr.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

msduncan wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:04 pm
Kraken wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:32 pm If he bought UPS Worldwide Expedited, he paid big bucks for a guaranteed delivery date, and might be able to file for a refund if it's late. I've never used that service because it's priced out of reach, so IDK the service guarantee details.
It was a part of the purchase. Not sure it's truly expedited. It's Worldwide Saver,
Two different services. Never mind.

I wouldn't obsess over ever step of the journey. Get there or get there not, it will. Out of your hands it is.
Blackhawk wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:38 pm The delivery time is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules. Arrr.
Only the air service dates are guaranteed and enforced. Ground delays are routine.
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

Two of the three have now been scanned again as export and have toggled back to 'In Transit'.

The third probably contains my e-11 blaster and my dlt-19 blaster rifle. I can see where that might require an additional once-over by customs. :p

I should have hired a smuggler to get them to me. They would have been here in less than 3 parsecs.
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:38 pm I'm tracking a package via UPS right now. It isn't as valuable as yours, but it is supposed to be delivered by the end of the day (and it's almost 5.) Tracking shows it is still sitting in Houston where it was received.

Either it will show up magically and all of the missing tracking info will fill itself in, or in a couple of hours it will be rescheduled for another day, or it will disappear for a three days, show up in Oregon, then Florida, then appear on my steps beat to hell.
Sure enough, the jackasses at UPS sent it to New York instead of here.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

A lot of my packages that come from up north will pass me by heading south to a hub then have to turn around and come all the way back. I find shippers to be very illogical on their routes.

And no one is worse at tracking than the USPS. They just do not track shit at all. With UPS I get up to the minute info. With USPS I get a update saying they have it then the next one Ill see is delivered. Nothing in between.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

For me, from best to worse in my experieance.
UPS Have had only a handful of issues with them, not counting weather and customs delays

FedEx Somewhat close to UPS, but just a few more issues

USPS As mentioned, tracking is virtually useless. I've had things marked as delivered, but not delivered, then days later tracking picks it up in another state. Sometimes things will be delivered a week or so after they've marked it delivered.

DHL Similar to USPS, but a lot more issues. Things saying delivered that never arrived, things delivered to the wrong address, things left out in the rain without even trying to ring the bell.

Amazon Uber (But they have been getting better). Things being marked as delivered that aren't, Things scheduled for one day and show up days later.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:36 pm A lot of my packages that come from up north will pass me by heading south to a hub then have to turn around and come all the way back. I find shippers to be very illogical on their routes.
Yep, but at this point I know where the hubs are. For UPS and FedEx, it would either go to Louisville then Indy, or Indy directly. This was mis-sorted.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

If you had bought American, it would be home by now.