Is input laggy for anyone else?

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Blackhawk

Is input laggy for anyone else?

Post by Blackhawk »

I've had this problem for a while now, and wrote it off to interference in my wireless keyboard, but now I'm seeing it on high-end wired keyboards as well, and a couple of other people mentioned something similar in another thread, enough that I'm thinking it may not be a local problem.

Every now and then, input on OO gets very, very laggy. I'm not talking about delays clicking links or opening pages, I'm talking about keyboard keys taking four or five seconds to register when typing a reply. It only happens here, and will get really bad for maybe five minutes, then stop only to return an hour or two later
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Is input laggy for anyone else?

Post by LawBeefaroni »

When you're typing text, the site isn't doing anything so I'm not sure how it's an OO specific thing. Maybe adware or spellchecker on your end?
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Nothing seen on my end lately.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:46 pm When you're typing text, the site isn't doing anything so I'm not sure how it's an OO specific thing. Maybe adware or spellchecker on your end?
I don't run an extra spell checker, and I keep my PCs drug and disease free, with regular check-ups.

I really wish I could remember which thread it was in the past week or two where several people all mentioned it was happening to them as well.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

I've been seeing the same thing. I've only seen it happen here, which is really weird, and it's happening right now as I type. Just takes a perceptible wee bit longer for my keystroke to appear in the text entry box.

I'm using Chrome, and a Google search on the issue seemed to hint it might be tied to Chrome hardware acceleration, but I just checked my settings and the acceleration is disabled.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:07 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:46 pm When you're typing text, the site isn't doing anything so I'm not sure how it's an OO specific thing. Maybe adware or spellchecker on your end?
I don't run an extra spell checker, and I keep my PCs drug and disease free, with regular check-ups.

I really wish I could remember which thread it was in the past week or two where several people all mentioned it was happening to them as well.
It was under the Keyboards RAZER thread in General Computing....
Rumpy wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:10 am
So, after upgrading to Win 10, I'm noticing that the backspace key feels less responsive in that it takes a lot more time to backspace something than it did in Win 7, but I figure it's a setting somewhere. Anyone know where?

Daehawk wrote:
Hold down the right shift for about 8 seconds. You will hear a noise. When you hear that noise everything should be back to normal
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Rip

Post by Rip »

wonderpug wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:22 am I've been seeing the same thing. I've only seen it happen here, which is really weird, and it's happening right now as I type. Just takes a perceptible wee bit longer for my keystroke to appear in the text entry box.

I'm using Chrome, and a Google search on the issue seemed to hint it might be tied to Chrome hardware acceleration, but I just checked my settings and the acceleration is disabled.
I've seen some lag on the message posting page which I assumed has something to do with the smilies panel.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

For me, I don't really even notice it anymore, and it was with Backspace where it was mostly noticeable. I had to think it was something about the way Windows 10 does things, because even with the speed maxed, it still does it. But if I'm just typing normally, it feels normal and quick. For me, the issue lies in when a key is depressed for a period of time, like the Backspace key for instance.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti