New mouse time

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

McNutt

Re: New mouse time

Post by McNutt »

Double post
Last edited by McNutt on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

any opinion on the G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780? it's on sale at amazon right now for $33. it's height-adjustable, which sounds very nice.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Quick thought on my Corsair m65. It could use either larger feet pads or for the bottom to be a little higher. I use a very old steel mouse mat and its no longer completely flat so the weights seem to drag off and on. Not much but enough for a little resistance or sound.

As for that Gskill that looks really nice. I use Gskill memory and I dont know who makes that for them but doubt they'd stick their good name on a pos product.....unlike some companies.

Heres a video review of it. The star reviews I see seem to like it.

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:15 pm Quick thought on my Corsair m65. It could use either larger feet pads or for the bottom to be a little higher. I use a very old steel mouse mat and its no longer completely flat so the weights seem to drag off and on. Not much but enough for a little resistance or sound.
Try tightening them a little?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

You should also replace that mat if it's no longer completely flat. They have a lot of mousepads now that are stitched around the edges to keep them from separating. I use a Razer Goliathus Speed. Very comfortable and the heavy stitching should keep it from coming apart.
hitbyambulance wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:45 pm any opinion on the G.SKILL RIPJAWS MX780? it's on sale at amazon right now for $33. it's height-adjustable, which sounds very nice.
I've always been a fan of Rocket Jump Ninja's mouse reviews. He likes the idea of the MX 780 more than the execution. One of his complaints is about the laser sensor G.Skill uses. He doesn't think those sensors are good at all for high-end first-person shooters. But check out his review. It should help you decide if that mouse is right for you.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

AZIO sent me a very nice free big mat but Im so used to my steel pad its hard to just switch after more than a decade.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i think i'm passing on the G.SKILL - it has most of the features i want, but not enough.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

They have mice now that recharge wirelessly through the mousepad. I love that idea but the mouse design sucks.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

went back to the Microsoft Intellimouse (the one that i repaired) for now and returning the $4 CyberPowerPC gaming mouse back to work. it's just not comfortable to use, for me. (but i will miss those extra buttons...)

the higher profile of the Intellimouse feels so much better. i'm getting a clearer idea of what i'm looking for. the Monoprice mouse felt nice and i would have kept using it, if the tracking weren't wonky. the Razer Deathadder also felt ok (aside from it being a malfunctioning piece of basura).

Required:
-made for large hands
-high palm-grip profile
-not cheap feeling
-wired
-not sold by Razer

Nice to haves:
-"sniper" button
-tilt scroll wheel
-if made of plastic, no "SofTouch" coating
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just disabled my sniper button. It had bothered me a little bit off and on in games . But trying to play the space battles in Infinite Warfare drove me crazy. I was constantly hitting it and it was throwing off my aim and getting me killed over and over.

I was afraid of this before purchase. But being able to turn it off avoids any problems. I could have also changed what it did to something else. I may do that another time in the future also.

Im thinking in some games it would come in very handy as a zoom button.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

In most games that feature it, I use it as the activation button for my microphone. For most others I just ignore it. I don't hold my mouse tightly enough to push it by accident.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im a fingertip mouser. My palm doesn't rest on the mouse so I move it, lift it and such with my pinky and ring finger on one side and my thumb on that side. Its very easy for me to hit it. I try moving my thumb around but thats my default placement so it ends back there.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I hold it much the same way (although I lift with my pinky and thumb), but I barely squeeze it at all to do so. I find that the shape and texture are enough to lift the mouse without actually squeezing it. What pressure I do apply to my thumb is above the button, not on it.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

saw Fry's had an in-store special on the HP OMEN so i went for it. (yes, i played that track while plugging it in.) twas on clearance for $17, which seemed like a decent price for a IntelliMouse Explorer clone - it's a rebranded Steelseries 300.

trying it now, will report back later.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

And he was never heard from again.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i'm still trying it out! buttons are decent. mouse is very large, which is what i was looking for. i'm sure the rubberized coating will wear away after a year. annoyingly bright red LED. only five buttons + DPI switch. i dunno, it's ok for $17, but it doesn't feel like an MSRP $60 mouse. it's really not exciting; guess i was expecting more.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont get why companies put ultra bright LEDs in stuff and dont allow you to dim or turn them off.

Im SO spoiled now days. When i started in 94 all the way to probably 2005 ,,,maybe a little longer......I could buy a mouse for $12 - $21 and a keyboard for $12 and be completely happy with them. I gamed just fine on them. I loved them. Even ball mouse that I had to clean every month or so. I took it as normal...which it was at the time and I was new to it all. I didn't have a light on anything until a case around 2007...or maybe it was a used keyboard I got here or at Gaming Trend. Stuff was cheap. And worse is I could STILL get a mouse and keyboard for that I think. Im awful. I dont think I could do it.

ESO turns off or dims ky keyboard to nothing and when I alt tab it stays that way and even in the day I cant type without the lights lol. Im spoiled. I love my rose colored glasses but I think its painted on because i realize on contemplation that I could not go back. I got corded headphones and a corded mouse now so maybe I can slowly get off the expensive crack. I cant afford it. I have to replace with cheaper when it breaks barring some surprise money or a PayPal like with my mice this year.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:09 am I dont get why companies put ultra bright LEDs in stuff and dont allow you to dim or turn them off.
My new modem from Comcast has six huge (1/4") LEDs on the front that can't be turned off and are pure, bright white. I'm still looking for a good way to cover them.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:39 pm
Daehawk wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:09 am I dont get why companies put ultra bright LEDs in stuff and dont allow you to dim or turn them off.
My new modem from Comcast has six huge (1/4") LEDs on the front that can't be turned off and are pure, bright white. I'm still looking for a good way to cover them.
I keep thinking about buying these or something like it:

Light Dims

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

wonderpug wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:15 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:39 pm
I keep thinking about buying these or something like it:

Light Dims

They make a version that blocks 80-90% of light! That's perfect. I don't want to block them entirely, because the lights do convey information, but I don't want to see them unless I look for them. Thank you, Sir. Purchased. My living room will no longer look like a Christmas tree.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I just bought an Alienware compouter and was able to turn off the minimal lighting on the case and power button. However, when the computer goes into sleep mode the power button glows. I don't know that I can turn it off for sleep mode though. I need to dig deeper. That's going to be pretty annoying if that's the case.

We also have a Vizio TV that illuminates the logo even when the TV is off. Just in case we forget what kind of TV we have while we're sleeping. The amount of LED lighting to jazz things up is pissing me off. Now you can get mousepads with LED lights too. Just what I need.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Got a VIZIO that does that too right at the foot of the bed.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

For those using the Corsair M65 like me does your DPI reset on reboot? Im running the software but when I reboot it sets it to the lowest dpi it has. Its a simple click click for me to change it to the one I prefer with the buttons on top of the mouse. But you'd think the software would save that setting somehow. Not found that setting yet.

NM think I found it.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The Meal

Post by The Meal »

That mouse/mousepad system is the absolute worst of everything possible when it comes to input devices. If they paid me $250 to use the thing I still think I'd refuse.

If this is what sells, wow am I out of touch with peripheral consumerism!
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Plus, it's Razer, and I just loooove Razer. By which I mean that I despise them.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Razer: Never Again

worst mouse i ever owned. defective USB connection AND broken scroll wheel assembly. i'm sure even if i repaired those two issues, it'd develop the doubleclick problem.

the SteelSeries 300 i got last month is doing fine... for $18 it was a decent purchase (even though it's not a terribly exciting mouse).
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

hitbyambulance wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:30 pm Razer: Never Again worst mouse i ever owned.
+1
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Starting yesterday Im noticing my new Corsair mouse middle click is becoming harder to push. the wheel doesn't seem to travel any before the click and its really tight. I can either of 3 things at this point.....

1. Wait it out.
2. Take it apart.
3. Try to replace it.

Im choosing option 1. for now. If it doesn't improve in a week I plan to call them to see what my options are on their end.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

You got dirt under the wheel that's gumming up the works. It won't go away by itself. You have to take it apart and use toothpick or such and remove the dirt. I had to do the same to my G500 couple months ago.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I would be forced to remove all the feet to get to the screws then they'd never stick right again. Better to not void my warranty and send it in. If I do anything.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

double-sided 3M VHB tape is useful as a replacement adhesive. or just replace the feet with teflon tape.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think I will email Corsair and simply ask them my option. Id rather keep the mouse at all cost and not ship it back. So if they want to send one thats fine. But not if it entails me shipping this one back.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive sent Corsair a ticket on it and switched it out for my other new mouse the Logitech Proteus. But this is not working well AT ALL. I deleted the Corsair mouse stuff and installed the Logitech stuff but this mouse is acting all flaky. It was fine when I tested it when I got both. Its acting as if its either not reading the sensor right or Im suddenly getting huge system drag. I can drag the mouse at one speed across the pad and it seems ok then will start jerking and pausing with the pointer. Sometimes it stops entirely other times it moves fine then stutter jerks and shit. At no time does it simply work. Ive tried it on different surfaces and pads to no effect good or bad.

Just moving it to click on this msg to POST and it is tough to make work. Editing a work is hell too. Going to look on logitechs site for an answer. If this fails then both expensive mice will have fucked the coop and Ill be left using a free mouse.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well Ive never seen a mouse that you surface tuned before in my life. I found the answer on the Logitech support page. The software that came with it has a 'surface tuner' built into it. You run it, follow directions moving your mouse around, and there you go. Thats a first. I think....if it keeps working...this is going to be a great mouse.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:51 am Well Ive never seen a mouse that you surface tuned before in my life. I found the answer on the Logitech support page. The software that came with it has a 'surface tuner' built into it. You run it, follow directions moving your mouse around, and there you go. Thats a first. I think....if it keeps working...this is going to be a great mouse.
Corsair mice have this as well.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont recall doing it with mine. Maybe I was lucky and it just worked.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Update: Blowing it out did not help so asked for RMA. Sent along a screenshot of my Newegg receipt. Approved and now have my return label. So will be sending it back for replacement. Hope its a new one and not a refurb. I cannot believe the middle click lasted only about 7 months.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My mouse replacement has been out for delivery all day. Soon my precious.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Idiot fucking Corsair. Unbelievable. It got all the way to my town then said out for delivery then it says oops sending it all the way back to the company because the address is wrong. HOW the F%$# do they get my address wrong when its right there on the shipping label they sent me to mail the broken one back in???????

08/21/2018 6:31 P.M. Service disruption occurred. / The package will be returned to the sender.
08/21/2018 6:24 P.M. The street number is incorrect. This may delay delivery. We're attempting to update the address.
08/21/2018 8:52 A.M. Out For Delivery Today