Archer Season 7

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

cheeba

Re: Archer Season 7

Post by cheeba »

Yay that it got renewed, boo that it's only 8 episodes per season.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Season 7 is now available on Netflix. :pop:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Sweet! Been waiting for that...
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Hooray!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

https://youtu.be/UPw2_7WZ_4s?t=83

:ninja: Middle Class defined.... :ninja:
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Finally got caught up on the last half of S7 now that it's on Netflix.

That scene where Archer gives one of Kreiger's bots a "turing test" by asking it "What is the nature of love?" had me rolling. I must have watched the results 3 or 4 times. :lol:
Holman

Post by Holman »

I binged the whole season this week. It was quality stuff but still felt somehow smaller and less perfect than the earlier seasons.

It's *amazing* that they've been this good this long, but I don't think it can last forever.
KDH

Post by KDH »

Enlarge Image

:coffee: Netflix nabs 'Archer' team for its first animated feature

Netflix is making its animated feature film debut with the grandly titled America: The Motion Picture. According to Deadline, the original movie is an R-rated, comedic take on the founding of our country. The production team is stellar and will be led by Archer's Matt Thompson (who will direct) and Adam Reed. The Expendables' Dave Callaham will write the script, and the team behind The LEGO Movie, (including Phil Lord, Chris Miller and Will Allegra) will also contribute. Channing Tatum gets a producer credit as well, and is on tap to voice George Washington in the film.

Deadline calls the project an "R-rated revisionist history tale about the founding of the country," which makes a ton of sense considering the Thompson and Reed previous work, which includes the hilarious shows SeaLab 2021 and Frisky Dingo. This will also be the first feature-length animated project for Netflix, which has previously only made a foray into kid-friendly episodic shows like The Mr. Peabody & Sherman Show as well as the much more melancholy and adult animated series, Bojack Horseman.
Ain't nobody got time for that
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Holman wrote:It's *amazing* that they've been this good this long, but I don't think it can last forever.
So I watched the season premiere last night and...I guess I'll wait for others to chime in.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Smoove_B wrote:
Holman wrote:It's *amazing* that they've been this good this long, but I don't think it can last forever.
So I watched the season premiere last night and...I guess I'll wait for others to chime in.

It had moments, but only moments IMO. I'm impressed with the how they did the transition but not the actual show... so far....

in my hand? in my mouth?
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Sepiche wrote:Finally got caught up on the last half of S7 now that it's on Netflix.
OMG, the end episode! YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! AH, DAMN YOU! GOD DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!!

Krieger provides so many sick, twisted layers of awesome.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Season 8 is off to a surprisingly interesting start. I admit it wasn't as funny as previous seasons, but the whole noir thing was really well done.

And Pam is still funny in the '40s.
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I think I was disappointed because I needed some Tunt. Like a full-on Tunting of epic proportions because I loves me some Tunt - probably to an unhealthy level.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Got the first S7 DVD and greatly enjoyed the first 4 episodes. Meanwhile, my DVR is slurping up S8. We'll be all caught up in a week or so. Holy shitsnacks!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I can certainly understand the disappointment in the season 8 premiere. It seems way more serious than previous seasons.
Covfefe!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Jesus, that whole maid thing was dark. I would go so far as to say too dark for even Archer. Was there a shake up in the writing room this season?
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

It was indeed rather dark, but it was all about Charlotte Vandertunt so I was pleased. The dialogue was more Archer-y this last week, which was appreciated. The fact that I enjoy Carol, err..Cheryl, err...Cherlene, err...Charlotte so much probably speaks to something broken with me psychologically but she's just...awesome.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hepcat wrote:Jesus, that whole maid thing was dark. I would go so far as to say too dark for even Archer. Was there a shake up in the writing room this season?
I didn't mind dark. Dark is what they do. When I found myself laughing at "Cancer!" with the guilt of "my God they went there" I had my come to Jesus moment with their humor. But as of yet this season is not dark funny and I'm not getting the laughs yet. But I'm still watching, so.... (I figure I'm holing out hope for when the Barry character gets back on his feet again). As of this moment I content myself to enjoy the Krieger moments and that's about it.
Last edited by LordMortis on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I love dark humor, don't get me wrong. But the whole backstory they gave for her death just went a little further than I expected. It felt a little too cruel. But that may just be because the absurd humor I've come to expect in Archer wasn't as prevalent as it is in most bits invoking such grim matters.
Covfefe!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Episode three got better...
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yeah, it's picking up for me. Although I still have my earlier misgivings. That whole Krieger backstory was just...well...wow.
Covfefe!
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

All 7 seasons of Archer are now gone from Netflix.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

gilraen wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:16 pm All 7 seasons of Archer are now gone from Netflix.
:(
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:18 pm
gilraen wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:16 pm All 7 seasons of Archer are now gone from Netflix.
All 8 seasons are still here on Netflix Canada, for now at least.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:04 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:18 pm
All 8 seasons are still here on Netflix Canada, for now at least.
Indeed, the utility of a good VPN service combined with Netflix can be mighty useful in that regard. Netflix may not like it, but the right VPN service can provide much more bang for one's buck.
:ninja:
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Well shit. I was finishing season 1. Started watching it as I rode the elliptical. Shit and double shit.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Lassr wrote:
Well shit. I was finishing season 1. Started watching it as I rode the elliptical. Shit and double shit.
Phrasing!
Home of the Akimbo AWPs
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

They're all still on Hulu, though. At least in the United States.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

link
The season will be set in 1939, just as Japan's war with China enters its second year and Germany has just annexed Austria and taken Czechslovakia.

“In the middle of this, seaplane pilot and semi-functioning alcoholic Sterling Archer is drinking, screwing, gambling, and generally bumbling around French Polynesia with a smart-ass parrot named Crackers,” executive producer Matt Thompson explained at the Archer panel. “Welcome to Danger Island.”

Lana is still MIA, as Aisha Tyler's new role will be as a princess. Jessica Walter will still play Sterling's mom Malory Archer - this time, a bar owner - and H. Jon Benjamin will also play Archer as we currently know him, “except that he’s got an eye patch and he’s a sea pilot.” Pam will be Archer's “loyal sidekick and co-pilot", Judy Greer is heiress Charlotte, who initially arrived on the island to celebrate her honeymoon, but “her new husband caught her in bed with Archer and took off.” Chris Parnell will be adopting the German accent this time around to play a Nazi intelligence officer pretending to be a breadfruit exporter, and, hilariously, Lucky Yates will be the voice of Crackers the parrot.

“Last season, we loved it, but things got pretty dark, pretty fast,” said Thompson. “And [Archer creator] Adam Reed had talked about just doing something that’s fun and just having a blast with this season. So we basically stuck all these people on this tiny volcanic island, and we’re just going to have as much as fun as we can, with quicksand, cannibals, super intelligent monkeys, and a volcano, and a talking f**king parrot.”
I predict a lot of Gilligan.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Is this on any streaming service? I watched everything on Netflix, so I'm a season behind.

Edit: Never mind - I thought someone said it had been removed from Netflix but I just checked and the newest season is there. So yay! :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Holman wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:06 pm
The season will be set in 1939, just as Japan's war with China enters its second year and Germany has just annexed Austria and taken Czechslovakia.

“In the middle of this, seaplane pilot and semi-functioning alcoholic Sterling Archer is drinking, screwing, gambling, and generally bumbling around French Polynesia with a smart-ass parrot named Crackers,” executive producer Matt Thompson explained at the Archer panel. “Welcome to Danger Island.”

Lana is still MIA, as Aisha Tyler's new role will be as a princess. Jessica Walter will still play Sterling's mom Malory Archer - this time, a bar owner - and H. Jon Benjamin will also play Archer as we currently know him, “except that he’s got an eye patch and he’s a sea pilot.” Pam will be Archer's “loyal sidekick and co-pilot", Judy Greer is heiress Charlotte, who initially arrived on the island to celebrate her honeymoon, but “her new husband caught her in bed with Archer and took off.” Chris Parnell will be adopting the German accent this time around to play a Nazi intelligence officer pretending to be a breadfruit exporter, and, hilariously, Lucky Yates will be the voice of Crackers the parrot.

“Last season, we loved it, but things got pretty dark, pretty fast,” said Thompson. “And [Archer creator] Adam Reed had talked about just doing something that’s fun and just having a blast with this season. So we basically stuck all these people on this tiny volcanic island, and we’re just going to have as much as fun as we can, with quicksand, cannibals, super intelligent monkeys, and a volcano, and a talking f**king parrot.”
I predict a lot of Gilligan.
I predict a lot of Tales of the Gold Monkey (made by the same guy that created Magnum PI.) It sounds like someone at Archer HQ was a fan.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
stessier

Post by stessier »

Ack - and now it is gone again! I saw the first episode of Season 7 yesterday and was ready to dive back in today and it's vanished!!! :grund: :grund: :grund:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Holman

Post by Holman »

stessier wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:29 am Ack - and now it is gone again! I saw the first episode of Season 7 yesterday and was ready to dive back in today and it's vanished!!! :grund: :grund: :grund:
Wait--you saw Archer streaming on Netflix in the US -yesterday-?

They've been disappeared for me for months. Apparently they're still available via Canadian Netflix, but not here.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Holman wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:56 am
stessier wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:29 am Ack - and now it is gone again! I saw the first episode of Season 7 yesterday and was ready to dive back in today and it's vanished!!! :grund: :grund: :grund:

They've been disappeared for me for months. Apparently they're still available via Canadian Netflix, but not here.
Yep. I was in WI when I saw it, but like five hours from the border. When I tried watching in St Paul, it was gone.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

stessier wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:15 am
Holman wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:56 am

Yep. I was in WI when I saw it, but like five hours from the border. When I tried watching in St Paul, it was gone.
FWIW, with the right VPN service, you can easily convince Netflix you're watching from Canada (and thus enjoy access to a vast array of content, including the Archer series, otherwise unavailable within the US).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Damn it, I forgot that Season 9 was starting up at the end of April. I missed the first two episodes. :grund:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Loving this season. Lucky Yates is killing it.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I meant to bump this thread last week but forgot. So much better than the last season - this theme is working.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 7:45 pm Yeah, I meant to bump this thread last week but forgot. So much better than the last season - this theme is working.
Spoiler:
"That idea is so bad it would suck a dick just to get in line to suck a bigger dick."
Is that on youtube yet?