Console Randomness

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

Console Randomness

Post by coopasonic »

I recently picked up a PS4 specifically to play Horizon Zero Dawn. Because it's how I am I was checking out the trophies to see what I could get which led to me checking out all of my trophies. I owned a PS3 for most of its effective life. My PSN profile shows a whopping 4 games. I have trophies in three of them.

In total I have 51 trophies:
42 of them come from Horizon Zero Dawn.
8 from inFamous
1 from The Show 09
0 from Uncharted 3

I completed Uncharted and Uncharted 2, but I guess those were before trophies were a thing?

By way of contrast, my xbox profile lists achievements for 195 games (22 with a gamerscore of 0 - though there are some demos and windows games listed on there with 0/0)
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Re: Console Randomness

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

If you liked Uncharted 1 & 2, definitely get Uncharted 4. It's great and can be found for relatively cheap.
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

If I'm not mistaken, the PS3 didn't have trophies until a while after it launched and Sony saw how much of a draw they were on the 360. A lot of the early games don't have trophies at all.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:If you liked Uncharted 1 & 2, definitely get Uncharted 4. It's great and can be found for relatively cheap.
What if I was really disliked Uncharted 3? I really liked 2, but 3 never clicked with me. I got tired of the rails after just an hour or two.

I wonder if I just became an open world guy in between 2 and 3?

I have The Last of Us Remastered on top of my birthday list so I expect to be playing that at the end of May.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Blackhawk wrote:If I'm not mistaken, the PS3 didn't have trophies until a while after it launched and Sony saw how much of a draw they were on the 360. A lot of the early games don't have trophies at all.
Yep, looks like you are right.
PlayStation 3/Introduced
November 11, 2006
Sony revealed that starting in 2009, all games released on the PS3 had to have trophies.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

coopasonic wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:If you liked Uncharted 1 & 2, definitely get Uncharted 4. It's great and can be found for relatively cheap.
What if I was really disliked Uncharted 3? I really liked 2, but 3 never clicked with me. I got tired of the rails after just an hour or two.

I wonder if I just became an open world guy in between 2 and 3?

I have The Last of Us Remastered on top of my birthday list so I expect to be playing that at the end of May.
I never played Uncharted 3 because I heard the negative reviews, but I would say that Uncharted 4 was a clear step-up from Uncharted 2 (which I loved) and was better than The Last of Us (though with perhaps not as an emotionally investing story).
Black Lives Matter
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

coopasonic wrote:I completed Uncharted and Uncharted 2, but I guess those were before trophies were a thing?
Both those games have trophies. I should know, because I have a platinum trophy in both. ;)

The only major PS3 game I can remember playing that didn't have trophies was the very first Assassin's Creed. Having said that, I only got a PS3 roughly 2 years into its lifespan. Since then I've gathered 16 platinum trophies, 110 gold, 466 silver, and 2193 bronze.
Insert witty comment here.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

TiLT wrote:
coopasonic wrote:I completed Uncharted and Uncharted 2, but I guess those were before trophies were a thing?
Both those games have trophies. I should know, because I have a platinum trophy in both. ;)
Uncharted 1 definitely did not have trophies at release. Uncharted 2 did, however.
Hodor.
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

They had probably been patched in by the time I played it then.
Insert witty comment here.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

If these were $5 it would be on my tablet. $70 is WAY too high.

Toast custom wood and such skins

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
KDH

Post by KDH »

:twisted: ... Ghost Recon Wildlands – Free Trial Available Now ... on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One ... ONLY
Ghost Recon Wildlands challenges players to explore a fictional version of Bolivia as they set out to take down the Santa Blanca cartel. If you have yet to step into this huge open world, now’s the perfect time to get your feet wet by downloading a free five-hour trial of the full game on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

During your first five hours in Ghost Recon Wildlands, you’ll get full access to the entire massive open world, which can be experienced solo or with up to three of your friends in co-op. Co-op play (which requires PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold) extends to those who own the full game as well as the trial, meaning you can team up with new friends or veteran Ghosts. You’ll also have several options to start dismantling the cartel, as you can head in any direction the minute that your boots touch the ground. Any progress made during the trial will also transfer to the full game, if you decide five hours isn’t enough.

Download the trial from the Ghost Recon Wildlands page on the Xbox Store or PlayStation Store (links in the blog post)

:hand: No Ghost-Recon thread :oops:
Ain't nobody got time for that
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Not in this forum... discussion is over on the PC side of the divide.
-mf
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Went to play Just Cause 3 on my PS4 today, and my right thumbstick on my second controller won't click. No aiming. I'm using the second controller because the left thumbstick on the first one doesn't detect forward.

:grund:
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Was the 3DO ever overpriced or what?
Hodor.
KDH

Post by KDH »

... On April 5 .. Larian Studios posted:
Multi-award winning Divinity Original Sin 2 is finally coming to PlayStation®4, presented by Larian Studios and Bandai Namco Entertainment. The battle for Divinity has begun. Choose wisely and trust sparingly; darkness lurks within every heart. Master deep, tactical combat. Join up to 3 other players - but know that only one of you will have the chance to become a God.
Spoiler:
... www.divinity.game
Ain't nobody got time for that
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Sweet! Was hoping that they would port it, since I rarely play games on my PC anymore.
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

pr0ner wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:43 pm Was the 3DO ever overpriced or what?
Six months late to the party, but I bought the 3DO. My roommate bought the Neo Geo:
$649 in 1991 equals $1,195.77 in 2018.

At least 3DO games were normal price. Neo Geo games cost as much as other consoles!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
morlac

Post by morlac »

And i still bought it!

I did have the definitive version of Fifa and Road Rash was almost worth the price of admission.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Endgadget
The rumors are true: Today, Microsoft announced an all-inclusive service called Xbox All Access. For $22 per month over two years, Microsoft will provide you with an Xbox One S console, access to over 100 games thanks to Xbox Game Pass and an Xbox Live Gold subscription. If you want an Xbox One X, then you'll shell out $35 per month. This offer is only available in Microsoft stores.
Microsoft is billing this as a limited-time offer, and that it's only available to "qualified customers," according to Variety. You can create a deal with any Xbox bundle that suits your fancy; you aren't limited to certain models. Of course, the monthly price will differ if you choose a more expensive bundle. If you cancel before the two years are out, you'll likely owe Microsoft for whatever portion of the hardware you haven't paid for.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

$528 in payments

xbox one s - $300
xbox live gold x 2 years - $120
xbox game pass x 24 months - $120
====
$540

It's not... terrible.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'd be on the fence if it wasn't for the 'in store only' bullshit. :x
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Can you hook up and use a Genesis or SNES on a pc monitor which only has display port, dvi, or hdmi?
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:35 pm Can you hook up and use a Genesis or SNES on a pc monitor which only has display port, dvi, or hdmi?
there are adapters (see newegg/monoprice/etc for composite->HDMI (about $10-$20 on the low end) or composite->DVI. composite->display port doesn't seem to be a popular item.

however...you'd really be better off buying a cheap (or acquiring a free) CRT TV, if you can spare the space - it'll look better. i bet your local craigslist might still have people posting these.
morlac

Post by morlac »

If you look around I bet you could find someone giving one away if you just go pick it up.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Where to get a 8' xbox 360 charge cable? I bought a $3 cable but its too short at 6'. When I look online that all I see. But the original cable that came with my charge and play kit must be about 8'

I need the cable because the battery pack no longer holds a charge and my wife needs the controller in the bed to reach.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:37 pm Where to get a 8' xbox 360 charge cable? I bought a $3 cable but its too short at 6'. When I look online that all I see. But the original cable that came with my charge and play kit must be about 8'

I need the cable because the battery pack no longer holds a charge and my wife needs the controller in the bed to reach.
It might be easier, and possibly cheaper, to get a regular wired controller.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well a cable is about $3 so dont think I can get a controller that cheap :) She is using my wired 360 controller for my PC on it right now. I was hoping that cable I got her would let her old controller work and it did but its too short. I tried using it on my PC but a wireless controller wired with a USB cable dont work on PC so I still need my controller back. So need a cable . Well unless I find a controller like mine for $3 haha :)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

got some stupid match 3 game for the PSP (this one) and it unfortunately suffers from being too easy for 6/7ths of the game, then spiking to a reasonable level of challenge for 6 of the 7 last levels, then stupidly difficult for the last level (which i haven't completed yet). it was only $2.99, so who cares, i guess.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Not sure why I never posted it in here but my wife got me the Uncharted collection stuff and all 3 games came with it Finished them all. Then she got me 4 and loved it as well. Finished all 4 after all.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

hitbyambulance wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:25 pm got some stupid match 3 game for the PSP (this one) and it unfortunately suffers from being too easy for 6/7ths of the game, then spiking to a reasonable level of challenge for 6 of the 7 last levels, then stupidly difficult for the last level (which i haven't completed yet). it was only $2.99, so who cares, i guess.
finished it - there was a bonus level after the final level, but i went through all but the last of the rounds in that level in the first try (the very last one took two tries), so it was back to being easy again. disappointing.
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

coopasonic wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:27 am
Six months late to the party, but I bought the 3DO. My roommate bought the Neo Geo:
$649 in 1991 equals $1,195.77 in 2018.

At least 3DO games were normal price. Neo Geo games cost as much as other consoles!
Didn't see these messages at the time.

I spent $700 buying a state of the art TV to get ready for the 3DO. Then I changed my mind and didn't get the console! :lol:
TV lasted a long time though.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Speaking of the 3D0, the killer app for it was the original Need for Speed. The 3D0 version is often considered the definitive version. A friend had rented a unit and we spent hours playing it, and then of course I had to rent a machine too because I couldn't get enough of it. I think I had also rented Road Rash and it was my first exposure to Soundgarden. "Gonna take my rusty cage and ruuuuuuuuuun!" That soundtrack was epic. That's another thing that really impressed me at time time. The soundtrack was no longer a series of synthesized tunes, but actual music.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti