Hearthstone

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

El Guapo

Re: Hearthstone

Post by El Guapo »

FYI, whereas the usual Tavern Brawl reward (for winning a match of Tavern Brawl in a week) is one regular pack, for some reason winning the Tavern Brawl this week gives you 3 Knights of the Frozen Throne packs.

Though the cards I got were pretty shitty. :(
Black Lives Matter.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Enlarge Image

Lesser Sapphire Spellstone plus a buffed minion. 8-)

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Nice!!!!
Black Lives Matter
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Holy crap, got a Lyra the Sunshard (which I don't have) as a reward for a 9-win arena run. Haven't had that happen to me before....

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Not sure if it's the expansion or what, but in Arena I seem to be seeing fewer decks that are 10% - 20% Bonemares, which is nice.
Black Lives Matter.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Fewer Bonemares but plenty of Carrion Creepers...

Since the expansion, I haven’t done so hot in Arena. I think my best run was four wins and that was on the first day the expansion dropped. Supposedly, Hunter is the current king of arena, but I haven’t had much luck with it.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

For whatever reason my Arena runs seem to be streaky. I'll go weeks with mostly 0 - 2 win runs, then run off a bunch of 5 - 9 win runs, and so on. Never successfully maxed out an Arena run (which is what, 15 wins?).

I did finish Dungeon Runs with each of the classes. It was pretty entertaining, if pretty dependent on luck. Wish the reward was something more interesting than a card back, though.
Black Lives Matter.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I have not finished any Dungeon runs. I have gotten to the 8th boss 5 times only to be defeated. Had to stop playing for a bit to protect my IPad :)
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lorini wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:51 pm I have not finished any Dungeon runs. I have gotten to the 8th boss 5 times only to be defeated. Had to stop playing for a bit to protect my IPad :)
There's a ton of luck involved. If you can get the captured flag treasure, though, that helps a lot. The hardest boss (IMO) is Darkness, but if you get the "perma stealth" treasure, then he becomes much, much easier, as most of his deck is priest spells that target minions, so that neuters him pretty effectively.
Black Lives Matter.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

A serious nerf to Corridor Creeper!

Also, no more machine gun Raza!
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

To me they should have reduced the cost of Creeper if they were going to nerf it that hard.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lorini wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:38 pm To me they should have reduced the cost of Creeper if they were going to nerf it that hard.
And/or reduced its rarity. No way it deserves to be an Epic card now.

I am inclined to think that they should have changed it so that its cost is only reduced by a *friendly* minion dying.
Black Lives Matter.
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

Wow, serious changes here. Raza will impact the number 1 priest build... yeah! :D

Doubtful anyone will use the creeper card after this patch.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Torfish wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:01 pm Wow, serious changes here. Raza will impact the number 1 priest build... yeah! :D

Doubtful anyone will use the creeper card after this patch.
Mostly glad about that. It's just not a lot of fun to play against the shadowreaper Raza decks.

Also glad to see Bonemare's cost boosted. It's been better lately, but for awhile Arena lategame tended to involve half-a-dozen Bonemares hitting the board.
Black Lives Matter.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Creeper only reducing cost when friendly minions die would be a much better change, IMO.

Don’t really mind the others, but mainly because I don’t have Raza or Patches....
Black Lives Matter
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

New expansion comes out today around 1pm EST. The Witchwood

I've been somewhat addicted to the game since release. It stays fresh because expansions come out every four months with 100+ new cards. I save up all my gold and buy the initial pack. This typically gives me about 85-90% of the new cards. I usually rank around 8 each month with limited game time.

Here is one of the cooler cards that I hope to unpack today:

Enlarge Image
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Generally, my initial impression before having used them is that the cards in this expansion are a bit underwhelming. That's not to say there aren't some cool or powerful cards (Shaman legendaries, the Priest legendary, etc.), but in general the rush and echo mechanics don't seem so exciting to me. It still seems like Cubelock is going to rule, as some of the new cards will make it even more powerful.

That said, the rotation of a three expansions out of standard and the retirement of Ice Block will definitely shake things up. No more Barnes to Y'saar to worry about! :horse:
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

No more Coldblock!!

By the way, you can see the new cards in your collection if you go to crafting and click on uncraftable.
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Hearthstone loves giving me crappy Druid legendaries (got both from last expansion and one from the expansion before), so I shouldn't be surprised that the only two legendaries I've gotten from the new expansion are the two terrible Druid legendaries... :grund:
Black Lives Matter
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

I was going to login real quick during my lunch hour and open my 4 Witchwood packs that I got from quests. But the login queue is >15 min. F that.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

The random legendary I got :)

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Torfish wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:53 am New expansion comes out today around 1pm EST. The Witchwood

I've been somewhat addicted to the game since release. It stays fresh because expansions come out every four months with 100+ new cards. I save up all my gold and buy the initial pack. This typically gives me about 85-90% of the new cards. I usually rank around 8 each month with limited game time.

Here is one of the cooler cards that I hope to unpack today:

Enlarge Image
I got her! Not that I have an appropriate deck for her, but maybe I'll make one now.

My free legendary was The Glass Knight. Interesting, though again doesn't really fit into any of my current decks.
Black Lives Matter.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I hate you all.

At least I have plenty of dust to craft the few legendaries that seem best after everything settles down.
Black Lives Matter
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

I opened 146 packs yesterday from the pre-paid purchase and spent all my in-game gold. Got 12 legendaries, five of those were goldens. Super lucky!

Currently experimenting with a mage elemental deck with Archmage Arugula and Toki Time-Tinker . It's fun to play, but only a 50-50 winrate so far.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Current meta from hsreplay.net I'm running Odd Paladin pretty well
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

somethingawful.com seems to really be jazzed about this expansion, more jazzed than cynical which is noteworthy for them. A lot of decks seem viable at the moment, which is unfortunate because I can't run them all. I really want to run a warrior deck for once but as that's a class I don't usually play I don't have many of the legendaries for it.
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I don't have any of the legendaries for the odd/even decks, so I've still been running a slightly modified Cubelock deck. I seem to actually be having better luck with it than I did prior to the expansion.

I don't play Warrior much, but two of my last five or so legendaries I have opened have been from Warrior (the new Rush legendary and Grommash). Maybe worth trying to put together a deck.
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

There are 16 decks on hsreplay.net which are over 50% win rate which is amazing. I doubt that's happened before ever. I would expect that number to come down but really if we could get 10 1/2 tier decks in the meta that'd be awesome.
Black Lives Matter
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

I played quite a bit this weekend. Never got bored. Had a fun time coming up with different decks for Priest, Mage, Shaman, and Rogue. All very fun to play with the new cards. Shudderwock makes for a wide variety of winnable decks.

I haven't tried any Baku odd-card decks yet, but that was the most used card in Rank play this weekend.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I want the deck list!!! (Blizzard retweet)
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Servers overwhelmed, back to ONI.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

They launched the solo Witchwood matches, which are pretty much the same thing as the Kobolds and Katakombs single player stuff, just with a different theme (also they give you four preset characters to work with, unlike the Kobolds stuff which just worked with base classes). It's amusing.
Black Lives Matter.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

The new classes are pretty fun to play with, but the bosses seem much harder; I lost one run on the second boss.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:17 am The new classes are pretty fun to play with, but the bosses seem much harder; I lost one run on the second boss.
It varies a lot, especially with what upgrades you get. My first run was as the time-tinkerer, and breezed through most of that, but that was partly because I got two Spell Damage +3 upgrades, so was dealing like 9 damage with arcane missiles and whatnot.

Then I played as the tracker, and got slaughtered a couple times by early bosses. But then on a third run I got the upgrade which makes your hero power cost (1) and lets you use it twice per turn. That's huge combined with the "discover a class spell cost this turn" - I could use that to spam Sinister Strike and the like, so I was able to finish that run fairly easily.
Black Lives Matter.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I haven't been enjoying Hearthstone much for a while, but can't help but share a draft that netted me Chameleos, Elise the Trailblazer, Prophet Velen, and The Lich King. I don't think I've gotten four legendaries in a draft, ever.

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Wow! That's quiet the line-up.

The new expansion looks pretty bonkers. The last one didn't really do much for me (I don't think I even bothered crafting any of its legendaries), but this mech one has some crazy cards that, at least on the surface, seem ridiculously OP. I'm looking at you, Rogue spell that shuffles 10 cards into the deck that cost 1 mana.
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I'm looking forward to playing my first Warrior deck in years :).
Black Lives Matter
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

Comes out today. I'll be opening up packs as soon as I get home. Looks to be a very fun oriented expansion with RNG and the 10 mana special ability cards.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Got Zerek, Master Cloner (Priest) as my free legendary. Then opened about 50 more packs and got Subject 9 (Neutral) and Electra Stormsurge (Shaman). Meh, could be good, should be a mainstay--in that order. Could have pulled worse.

I took a look at my Heartharena stats for the first time in a while and the results are interesting. 168 arena runs, 4.2 average wins. 1255 total games, 737-518 W-L. Without the coin I've won 63.52% of games. With, 52.75%. My best class is Priest, with 4.71 wins per run. My worst is Warlock (as always) at 3.46. I dominate against Warriors for some reason, winning 73.81% of games. Extremely small sample size though, with 42 games against while most classes I've played over 100 times--Mages, 269 games! (Probably goes back to last expansion when Warriors sucked in Arena and presumably no one played them.) Against Rogues I barely break even with 53.73%.