Vampyr

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Defiant

Vampyr

Post by Defiant »

The developer of the absolutely excellent Life is Strange (which you should go out and play right now if you havent already), has announced a new game, called Vampyr:
Vampyr is set in set in an early 20th century Britain, which is thrown into chaos by a lethal Spanish Flu, and vampires that haunt the streets at night. Player will take on the role of Jonathan E. Reid, a military surgeon that becomes a vampire when he returns home from the war.
Some more details, and a concept teaser here:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rememb ... 0-6428358/

Sounds good, though given the excellent Life is Strange, I wish they would do another game like that (if not necessarily a sequel).
Turtle

Re: Vampyr

Post by Turtle »

This is being made under contract with a bigger publisher. So I think this studio's plan is to make big and little games, alternating between the two.

Remember Me was on contract with Capcom, I liked what it was trying to do, even if it was a failure in the long run. Life is Strange is definitely more their style.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Trailer
Dontnod Entertainment's new action RPG Vampyr today unveils a new cinematic trailer depicting the legends and tales of its mysterious protagonist, Dr Jonathan Reid. Set in 1918 London during a deadly bout of the Spanish Flu that left London's alleys and promenade's wailing in agony, Dr Reid awakes having arrived home from serving in the Great War with a deathly new ailment: vampirism. A Doctor, Reid considers his affliction another disease. As he tries to understand and to live with it, he desperately tries to continue his life as a doctor, helping those stricken with flu.

Watch today's trailer to hear whispers in the night from Vampyr's many citizens - each with their own names, back stories, and daily lives. When Vampyr releases in 2017 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, it will be you who decides whether to shrug off his ghoulish reputation, or lay waste to London's already troubled streets.

In Vampyr, every citizen killed will affect London's safety. From shop closures to missing kin, the act of killing is unavoidable, but who you kill, and how, is in your hands. Every civilian can be killed, or saved - but as hordes of vampire hunters prowl the streets, growing strong on the blood of the weak will be ever more tempting.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
KDH

Post by KDH »

Wednesday, Sep 20, 2017

Vampyr Delayd

DontNod Entertainment announces that Vampyr is going to need a little more time in the coffin before it emerges. The blood-sucking action/RPG was previously due this year, but now word is to expect it in the spring:

Eagerly awaited by many players at the end of this year, upcoming RPG Vampyr announces the delay of its release date to Spring 2018, on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Oskar Guilbert, CEO of DontNod Entertainment, explains:
'Delaying the release of a project you hold dear is always a tough decision. However, we believe that meeting a deadline should never compromise quality. We were still convinced just a few weeks ago that we would be able to release Vampyr this year. Unfortunately, a technical issue - now solved - has set our teams' schedule back at the end of the development.

This delay allows us enough time for all the polishing and balancing phase, much needed for a game of Vampyr's scope, with its ambitious, semi-open world, its complex narrative and deep RPG mechanics that give players a real impact on the world.

We want to thank our publisher Focus Home Interactive for giving us the means and time necessary to provide players a memorable experience... especially since so many of you are eagerly waiting for it.'
Vampyr will be available Spring 2018 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

no mention of this on STEAM at this time
Ain't nobody got time for that
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Today brings a new story trailer. Release date is 5 June 2018.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Way cool. Love the cover of Dont Fear the Reaper in it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
l0ri

Post by l0ri »

Ah, there's finally a release date. That's awesome.

I and my sister have been looking forward to this game and Detroit for a while. Well, it's mostly me but my enthusiasm got to her. :D

I like how they went with an entirely new genre/atmosphere with their second game. Absolute respect to the developers for not just wanting to make a sequel to a game that did well, not that I would mind a second Life Is Strange.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

l0ri wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:49 pm Ah, there's finally a release date. That's awesome.

I and my sister have been looking forward to this game and Detroit for a while. Well, it's mostly me but my enthusiasm got to her. :D

I like how they went with an entirely new genre/atmosphere with their second game. Absolute respect to the developers for not just wanting to make a sequel to a game that did well, not that I would mind a second Life Is Strange.
They also did the beautiful and satisfying Remember Me - a game which still resonates with me.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
l0ri

Post by l0ri »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:05 pm They also did the beautiful and satisfying Remember Me - a game which still resonates with me.
Ah! It's a very subtle hint when you see the game title, log in and it says "Remember Me" on the log in screen. :D

Anyway, I've been eyeing Remember Me for a while, but never could quite commit to the purchase. I didn't know it was made by the same developers and now, I'm extremely curious about it. Will pick it up the next time I see it on sale. :)
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I think greenmangaming has Remember Me for $6 right now, even less using the VIP code they splatter all over your interface.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Gameplay trailer:

Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Wow - that looks pretty good!
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Looks like Vampire: Bloodlines, plays like (lots of 3rd person fighters), sounds like Legacy of Kain.

Not a bad thing.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Twitch VOD: Vampyr - Dev Session - Thursday May 17th 5PM CEST

I watched the first few minutes of the live stream, then bailed because they were showing actual gameplay from the early part of the game and I wanted to avoid any plot spoilers.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Launch trailer:

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It looks like the game unlocked some time today (maybe at new day Zulu?). I just started the 14G download.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Reviews seem to be in the 7/10 range.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

$37.49 At Greenman Gaming. Might be other deals but its the one I saw.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Pet peeve - I wish gaming companies would do their game releases/unlocks on Fridays instead of Tuesdays (IMHO, Tuesdays are based on antiquated shipping schedules which shouldn't apply in a digital age, and they need to move to a movie schedule and release like blockbusters on Thursday nights/Fridays, with Holiday weekends for big releases). I would have bought this last Friday, but now I can wait and probably won't buy it until it drops/goes on a good sale (prefer xBox for surround sound/4k in the dark)...

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

A year and a half and not a single impressions post.

I just finished it. I loved every second of it. I would have paid for a map of the citizen's locations and fast travel, but even without I had a great time with the game. The combat was very engaging the quests were varied and somewhat interesting. The story was interesting with meaningful choices.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I appreciate you coming back in with impressions as (I thought) I read it was generally 'meh". I've officially added it to my radar - thanks.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

I played it last year and enjoyed it as well. IIRC, I would put it in the "good but not great" category. I don't really remember exactly what I did / didn't like about it. Some of the boss fights were a bit frustrating, I think.

- Ash
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im finding it better than I had heard it was. I am trying via the free month of Origin Access. But Im only at the hospital and Im stuck there being killed over and over in the garden.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

It's been on my wishlist for a while, but hasn't seen a price low enough to pull the trigger based on the generally 'meh' reception.

Maybe on the holiday sale...
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I remember playing it for a few hours and getting bored and frustrated with boss fights.
Black Lives Matter.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I would say combat difficulty is a bit higher than typical for this kind of game, harder than Witcher 3 but easier than Fallen Order (the hard bosses at least). I played it without embracing any citizens which made it harder than typical. it does have a story difficulty I think. There was only one boss fight that took me more than a few tries.
Skinypupy wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:10 pm It's been on my wishlist for a while, but hasn't seen a price low enough to pull the trigger based on the generally 'meh' reception.

Maybe on the holiday sale...
If you are still interested after the difficulty comments, it's on gamepass xbox and pc and you can get 3 months of gamepass ultimate for $1 right now (I believe they are still converting live sub time to gamepass as well).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:42 pm A year and a half and not a single impressions post.

I just finished it. I loved every second of it. I would have paid for a map of the citizen's locations and fast travel, but even without I had a great time with the game. The combat was very engaging the quests were varied and somewhat interesting. The story was interesting with meaningful choices.
I got a PM/DM/whatever we call them now asking for what I thought of the game and I couldn't remember a damn thing about the gameplay. After sending that response I am shocked to find this thread and see such high praise from me. That's kind of funny. Apparently 9 months is long enough to entirely forget a game I said I loved.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I tried it when I had my Xbox GamePass sub, but wasn't terribly impressed. Got about 3-4 hours in before simply getting bored with it.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Yeah, I was interested in it when it first came out - there's even a few positive reviews from major/official sites. However, it never seemed to build and then slipped off my radar. Not sure if the game got lost in the shuffle or it wasn't nearly as good as the reviewers stated. Maybe it was something that started strong and then fell apart the longer you played? I dunno. Maybe something I can consider for Holiday 2020 sale.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
malchior

Post by malchior »

I remember being very meh about the game. I played it. It didn't click at first so I moved on but I didn't uninstall it. I came back to it, started over, and finished it...and I wished I had spent that time on something better.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

It's in this month's Humble Choice. This might be the first one I didn't immediately pause my subscription for.
I no longer post here.