The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Paingod

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Paingod »

Skinypupy wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:10 amYeah, there's nothing horrifying at all about the Chief Executive ignoring any and all actual intel (because reading is hard!), and getting all his information from morning propaganda!

(yeah, we're fucked)
This is not normal, nor is it new, and yes - yes we are. No one with any power seems interested in stopping it, because reasons.

Still holding out hope that Mueller finds something damning that brings the whole house down around Trump's ears. I didn't live through it, but have heard that not even Nixon had a fantastical shitshow to match what's going on now in the White House. Compared to anything else in American History, this is five-alarm-red-flag-waving insanity.

I know Pence is teh debbil, but I want nothing more than to see the baby-man dragged out kicking and screaming about deep states until he turns beet red and lives the rest of his life in pure disgrace.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

El Guapo wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:04 am
Remus West wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:02 am To me he represents the right perfectly. Not really trying to do anything other than annoy the rest of the world. For a while I considered blocking him but then I figured maybe I'd try and play along for a bit. Mostly his "positions" simply act to inform me about where people find the crap they accept as true so I can use that knowledge to my own advantage.
Just block him. You really don't miss anything of substance. Ideally we would do the same thing to Trumpworld, but we can't, because they (unlike Rip) are in control of the United States government.
You mistake me. Rip is my window into the source of Trumpworld propoganda thus making it easier to debunk/address with his adherents in my area. If I block him I will simply be baffled by their idiocy instead of baffled and armed with counter arguments.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Paingod wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:14 am
Skinypupy wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:10 amYeah, there's nothing horrifying at all about the Chief Executive ignoring any and all actual intel (because reading is hard!), and getting all his information from morning propaganda!

(yeah, we're fucked)
This is not normal, nor is it new, and yes - yes we are. No one with any power seems interested in stopping it, because reasons.

Still holding out hope that Mueller finds something damning that brings the whole house down around Trump's ears. I didn't live through it, but have heard that not even Nixon had a fantastical shitshow to match what's going on now in the White House. Compared to anything else in American History, this is five-alarm-red-flag-waving insanity.

I know Pence is teh debbil, but I want nothing more than to see the baby-man dragged out kicking and screaming about deep states until he turns beet red and lives the rest of his life in pure disgrace.
I'd really like to see every member of his inner circle burn with him but I'd be extremely happy if there is legitimate reason for the government to lay claim to each and every property he owns leaving him and his penniless.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:33 am
TheMix wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:29 am
El Guapo wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:24 am I hate to say it, but really - Rip is actively destroying the ability to have a rational discussion in this thread. Hepcat joking about bringing him to his senses is funny, but I really think we truly need to just start ignoring him altogether.
I've been advocating for that for a while. (Though mostly silently.) I shake my head every time someone tries to respond intelligently to him. Or engage him. He hasn't changed since he originally stated that his entire intent is to troll us.
I mean seriously. At this point probably 90% of this thread is either Rip posting his trolling nonsense or people responding to or discussing Rip's nonsense. None of what Rip posts meets the bare minimum threshold of factual grounding or logic to be worth discussing. I barely check this thread at this point because it's so worthless.
I wonder what would rise to the level of being worthy of discussion. I usually just skim the thread because I agree with your general premise, but I'm concerned of missing the valid point buried in a pile of troll.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

From the Will to stay on my couch side of things
Paingod wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:14 am Still holding out hope that Mueller finds something damning that brings the whole house down around Trump's ears.
Gets to conclude his investigation

Mueller, right now, is the line in the sand.

I kinda hope he doesn't find enough that bring Trump down, that we've blown crimes out of proportion, attributing malice to con and stupidty and that there is a door to put this behind us in 2020.

I still wouldn't cross the street to on the fire burning the GOP, but Trump's directives toward Mueller is the stuff of Civil Wars and that scares the everloving shit right out my anus.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

My two cents. For those of us who have already blocked him it would be a huge favor to not quote his posts when responding to him. We all know what troll you are responding to. It’s not like he needs context to know. He simply wants to slurp the liberal tears at the destruction he wants to see rain down on our way of life.

Thank you so much.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Rip

Post by Rip »

No problem. I'm done.

You guys can just have fun hating Trump and stroking each other off about how smart you are while he keeps on going.

Enjoy watching the blue wave turn into a blue puddle.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Rip wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:55 pm You guys can just have fun hating Trump and stroking each other off about how smart you are while he keeps on going.
At least we stroke each other... (and I think you ignore that a lot of people challenge each other here)

where as you stroke yourself in plain sight:
Rip wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:40 pm I will just keep cheering on the failure of Democrats without bothering to point out why they are failing. Probably for the best, no telling how damaging it would be to the R party if Democrats actually heeded my advice.
:roll: :D
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:55 pm No problem. I'm done.

You guys can just have fun hating Trump and stroking each other off about how smart you are while he keeps on going.
Get back over here! I'm not done with your stroking!

Also, I've never had any desire to block Rip. Not even when he posted his 321st photo of Hillary Clinton doing something like eating a salad in a strange manner. He's a troll, but he's our troll, damn it!

I think people get too worked up over this stuff. Take a step back and relax. Enjoy a double mocha latte with skim. Then watch an episode of Dawson's Creek. Return refreshed and all will be right.
Last edited by hepcat on Wed May 23, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Covfefe!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:34 pm
Rip wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:55 pm No problem. I'm done.

Get back over here! I'm not done with your stroking!

Also, I've never had any desire to block Rip. Not even when he posted his 321st photo of Hillary Clinton doing something like eating a salad in a strange manner. He's a troll, but he's our troll, damn it!

I think people get too worked up over this stuff. Take a step back and relax. Enjoy a double mocha latte with skim. Then watch an episode of Dawson's Creek. Return refreshed and all will be right.
Hey hey, that's the kind of thing that got you your last court date.

Like, re: Rip I feel a little bad, and I don't mean to act unilaterally, but at a certain point, god damn. It just dominates and consumes rational discourse.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

To be fair, he did have to put up with 8 years of adult rule. That's bound to grate on today's Republican.
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The Hill
A federal district court judge on Wednesday ruled that President Trump can't block people from viewing his Twitter feed over their political views.

Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald, of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, said President Trump’s Twitter account is a public forum and blocking people who reply to his tweets with differing opinions constitutes viewpoint discrimination, which violates the First Amendment.

The court’s ruling is a major win for the Knight Foundation, which brought the lawsuit on behalf of seven people who were blocked from the @realDonaldTrump account because of opinions they expressed in reply tweets.

Buchwald, who was appointed by President Clinton, rejected Trump’s argument that the First Amendment does not apply in this case and that president’s personal First Amendment interests supersede those of plaintiffs.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

The troll cries victim. Shocking. I won’t miss you and hold you and people like you responsible for the continual protection of this shake down of our country. You won’t get any respect from me.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hepcat wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:34 pm I think people get too worked up over this stuff.
Here, it's a joke with probably too much bite. I had to learn that behavior. Outside of here I get too worked up, which is probably why there is too much bite here. An unwarranted catharsis, if you will.

That said, I hope it's too worked up, anyway. What I see suggests otherwise but boy oh boy do I want to be wrong.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:40 pm The Hill
A federal district court judge on Wednesday ruled that President Trump can't block people from viewing his Twitter feed over their political views.

Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald, of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, said President Trump’s Twitter account is a public forum and blocking people who reply to his tweets with differing opinions constitutes viewpoint discrimination, which violates the First Amendment.

The court’s ruling is a major win for the Knight Foundation, which brought the lawsuit on behalf of seven people who were blocked from the @realDonaldTrump account because of opinions they expressed in reply tweets.

Buchwald, who was appointed by President Clinton, rejected Trump’s argument that the First Amendment does not apply in this case and that president’s personal First Amendment interests supersede those of plaintiffs.

What the What? I don't even want to know what court case led to this ruling.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I'll take the unpopular view of not wanting to see Rip go. You can't debate if everyone agrees, and I think it's valuable to see things from the other side. And at least Rip does post articles and things.

Ignoring people we don't agree with is the entire reason the country is in the state it's in today.

And heck, if you guys were able to convert me, there's hope for anybody. :D
Last edited by YellowKing on Wed May 23, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

At first I thought you'd gone to the trouble of drawing up a complaint against Rip and then saving it as a PDF before posting it here.
Covfefe!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LordMortis wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:58 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:40 pm The Hill

What the What? I don't even want to know what court case led to this ruling.
So, unfortunately Trump's personal Twitter feed is clearly government speech and reflects policy decisions by the President of the United States. He might have some kind of argument to the contrary if he limited his tweets to clearly personal matters ("How about American Idol last night, huh?"), but clearly he doesn't do that (e.g., "I hereby demand that an investigation be conducted...", talking about the North Korea summit, etc.). Once the Twitter feed clearly reflects government policy / discussion, it becomes governed by various constitutional and other legal provisions that limit and control the government. And there would be similar constitutional issues if, say, he limited his press briefings only to journalists who are Republicans or conservatives, say. I haven't read the opinion, but I gather that it's saying that him blocking people on Twitter is another version of that - "you can only listen to my government policy pronouncements if you agree with me politically."
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

LordMortis wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:55 pm
hepcat wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:34 pm I think people get too worked up over this stuff.
Here, it's a joke with probably too much bite. I had to learn that behavior. Outside of here I get too worked up, which is probably why there is too much bite here. An unwarranted catharsis, if you will.

That said, I hope it's too worked up, anyway. What I see suggests otherwise but boy oh boy do I want to be wrong.
Don't forget, I took a full year off after realizing I was bent out of shape over essentially nothing. So you're preaching to the choir. I just don't want to be that guy pounding on his keyboard and screaming at the screen that Janeway was a horrible Captain and that Kirk was the best.*

*Kirk was the best.
Covfefe!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

YellowKing wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:01 pm I'll take the unpopular view of not wanting to see Rip go. You can't debate if everyone agrees, and I think it's valuable to see things from the other side. And at least Rip does post articles and things.

Ignoring people we don't agree with is the entire reason the country is in the state it's in today.

And heck, if you guys were able to convert me, there's hope for anybody. :D
It's not a matter of disagreement, it's a matter of political trolling. It's not like people here don't take the conservative side on things like gun control. Rip's not supplying a conservative argument, he's supplying the Trumpian "ilbrul tears" trolling with complete disregard for any baseline of factual grounding. I take Remus's point that there's some value in seeing what the Trumpian troll farm ecosystem has produced on any given day, but I just think that there's no value to be had from engaging with it. And due to the volume it winds up drowning out actual reality-based discussion.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:05 pm
LordMortis wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:55 pm

Don't forget, I took a full year off after realizing I was bent out of shape over essentially nothing. So you're preaching to the choir. I just don't want to be that guy pounding on his keyboard and screaming at the screen that Janeway was a horrible Captain and that Kirk was the best.*

*Kirk was the best.
Sisko was the best, though.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Oh man...that's a good point. Why didn't I think that through!?

No...no...I'm sticking with Kirk. Otherwise my fan fiction series "Bea and Kirk: A Love Story" won't get the 50 Shades of Grey movie treatment I think it deserves.
Covfefe!
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

hepcat wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:05 pm I just don't want to be that guy pounding on his keyboard and screaming at the screen that Janeway was a horrible Captain and that Kirk was the best.*

*Kirk was the best.
Janeway lost 40 crewmembers over seven years. Kirk probably lost that many red shirts over lunch.

Of course, Sisko is the best. He won a god damned war. He was a literal god. And when he found himself on the other side of the galaxy, it only took him a few minutes to get back to the Alpha quadrant.

Image Image
Image Image
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I already said I was torn, damn it!

Kirk might have had sex with a salt vampire.

...that's all I got.
Covfefe!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Interesting segment on NPR this morning about how Republican "Reds" complain about "bleeding hearts" feeling not thinking or about "judgmental elitist" rational arguments. IMO the problem comes with characterizing the person, rather than their actions or arguments.

As much as I mock Rip's views, I still try to give him the benefit of the doubt for his motives. Even if he doesn't make it easy.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I dunno about captains. Piccard was the first to really be in command, rather than a squad leader, but dammit Cisco had it goin' on.

Cisco had one failure. His episode with Q was terrible whereas every Q episode with Piccard was fantastic.

I couldn't get in to others, so Janeway and Sam Becket don't even register for me.

I'm thinking Cisco wins, even if he didn't have sex with everything.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zarathud wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:27 pm I still try to give him the benefit of the doubt for his motives.
As I seem to have betrayed my own conservatism over the last ten or twelve years, I've tried. Sometime here in 2018, I know not when exactly, I hit a crossroads and I can't do it anymore. I'm out of energy or patience or empathy. Or maybe all of them but I'm burnt out. The second I smell a lack of good faith discussion, I either turn off or turn it up and in to an asshole. I'm not proud of this.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That means the Deep State has him under their power. Whoo hoo!
Covfefe!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Obviating the need for an independent investigation into Mueller's team.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Zarathud wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:27 pmAs much as I mock Rip's views, I still try to give him the benefit of the doubt for his motives. Even if he doesn't make it easy.
No, not easy at all. Lately his modus operandi has been to do a link & dash without sticking around to discuss and argue it, and that might be what most people are tired of. I seem to recall him being more willing to actually debate his stance a while back - but not so much recently. Either he knows it's indefensible but can't admit it, he's gotten worn down from constantly being under fire for his position, or he's just a troll. I believe it's the same reason msduncan flipped the checker table and left R&P, too.

This is the divide in American politics now. If you're for Trump the other side thinks you're a Deplorable because "How could you not be if you support the Grand Troll", if you're against Trump then his supporters laugh about lapping up your tears. There's not much to talk about to bring the two sides together rationally.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:28 am
Rip wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:58 pm
Remus West wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:35 pm
Zarathud wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:13 pm
Rip wrote: You will get less flack in many circles for using the R-word or the N-word.
Those circles would be Trump supporters and/or racists. Shall we draw a diagram?
Hate to defend Rip here but I hear the N-word daily from my students regardless of their color. All will tell you they are saying a word ending in -a rather than -er which is a major difference to them. Its also why I stop paying attention to people's word foilbles. Which is why I'm confused by being adverse to calling people illegally in the United States illegal immigrants. They immigrated here illegally. The term describes their choice. I don't view it as racist because I don't believe all illegal immigrants are bad people. I don't believe its even close to half of them. Or a fourth. Or a sixteenth...or a...you get the idea.

You should hear my son who loves hip-hop. It makes me cringe when I overhear him singing along. I've tried to tell him that it will result in someone confronting him over it (and I'm not talking about some racist who doesn't like him singing it) and I fear he will end up being shot someday by someone who overreacts to him using the N-word while singing along in a song about all kinds of nasty ways the songs today like to sing about women. He is just trying to impress the Becky(s) I think.
Just watch this:
That has to be parody, right?
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

El Guapo wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:04 pm
So, unfortunately Trump's personal Twitter feed is clearly government speech and reflects policy decisions by the President of the United States. He might have some kind of argument to the contrary if he limited his tweets to clearly personal matters ("How about American Idol last night, huh?"), but clearly he doesn't do that (e.g., "I hereby demand that an investigation be conducted...", talking about the North Korea summit, etc.). Once the Twitter feed clearly reflects government policy / discussion, it becomes governed by various constitutional and other legal provisions that limit and control the government. And there would be similar constitutional issues if, say, he limited his press briefings only to journalists who are Republicans or conservatives, say. I haven't read the opinion, but I gather that it's saying that him blocking people on Twitter is another version of that - "you can only listen to my government policy pronouncements if you agree with me politically."
I am uneasy with the idea that Trump’s twitter feed is government speech. First, blocking someone doesn’t really stop them. You can easily still read the tweets. It’s an inconvenience to be blocked, but not the same as blocking access to the information. Second, Trump is still an American citizen and person, though I’ll accept arguments contrary to the latter. As such he has the same rights as anyone else to associate with who he wants. I see it more as the president can still do private gatherings and fundraisers during which he can speak on government matters despite those not being open to the public. At least I think he can.

I’d be more sympathetic to the argumement if he took his Twitter feed private and continued to use it to disseminate government information. Since a private Twitter is viewable only by invited people. Though that still bumps into the above idea of the president having privacy and assoiatation rights.

I see it as an outlet where he is able to vent and whine. I doubt he reads responses, so blocking seems pointless, but I think he should have the right to do it. The official government owned communication avenues would be a different story.
milo

Post by milo »

Remus West wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 11:38 am You mistake me. Rip is my window into the source of Trumpworld propoganda thus making it easier to debunk/address with his adherents in my area. If I block him I will simply be baffled by their idiocy instead of baffled and armed with counter arguments.
Well, there's your problem.
--milo
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

Alefroth wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:11 pm
cut video and stuff
That has to be parody, right?
Watch the entire thing. It’s not parody.
milo

Post by milo »

Fitzy wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:13 pm I am uneasy with the idea that Trump’s twitter feed is government speech.
The administration claims it is. (CNN)
First, blocking someone doesn’t really stop them. You can easily still read the tweets. It’s an inconvenience to be blocked, but not the same as blocking access to the information. Second, Trump is still an American citizen and person, though I’ll accept arguments contrary to the latter. As such he has the same rights as anyone else to associate with who he wants.
Not in any official capacity he doesn't. I haven't read the judgement, but I would assume that it falls afoul of the "right to petition" clause of the first amendment. An officer of the federal government cannot go into a public space and say that some individuals are not allowed to address him while others are.
--milo
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Defiant wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:15 pm
hepcat wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 2:05 pm I just don't want to be that guy pounding on his keyboard and screaming at the screen that Janeway was a horrible Captain and that Kirk was the best.*

*Kirk was the best.
Janeway lost 40 crewmembers over seven years. Kirk probably lost that many red shirts over lunch.

Of course, Sisko is the best. He won a god damned war. He was a literal god. And when he found himself on the other side of the galaxy, it only took him a few minutes to get back to the Alpha quadrant.

Image Image
Image Image
That episode is so awesome. That and the Bashir Romulan episode are my favorites.

As a side note: Garak is also the best.
Black Lives Matter.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

milo wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:26 pm
Fitzy wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:13 pm I am uneasy with the idea that Trump’s twitter feed is government speech.
The administration claims it is. (CNN)
Well never mind then. If they are calling it official, they can’t complain.
First, blocking someone doesn’t really stop them. You can easily still read the tweets. It’s an inconvenience to be blocked, but not the same as blocking access to the information. Second, Trump is still an American citizen and person, though I’ll accept arguments contrary to the latter. As such he has the same rights as anyone else to associate with who he wants.
Not in any official capacity he doesn't. I haven't read the judgement, but I would assume that it falls afoul of the "right to petition" clause of the first amendment. An officer of the federal government cannot go into a public space and say that some individuals are not allowed to address him while others are.
As the WH says it’s official, I agree and take back my objection.

An officer of the federal government, as themselves and not representing the government, can in fact say some individuals are not allowed to address him. Which is what I thought was going on, however I was. clearly wrong. While representing the government, keeping some out is just wrong. Though I’d still argue blocking on twitter is kind of pointless as a means of stopping tweets from being seen and pathetic as the president of the US blocking anyone.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Fitzy wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 3:13 pm I am uneasy with the idea that Trump’s twitter feed is government speech. First, blocking someone doesn’t really stop them. You can easily still read the tweets. It’s an inconvenience to be blocked, but not the same as blocking access to the information. Second, Trump is still an American citizen and person, though I’ll accept arguments contrary to the latter. As such he has the same rights as anyone else to associate with who he wants. I see it more as the president can still do private gatherings and fundraisers during which he can speak on government matters despite those not being open to the public. At least I think he can.
He chose not to use the official @POTUS account and instead continues using his personal one. And his tweets *are* policy speech. If he had been using @realDonaldTrump account for non-government tweets, no one would bat an eye if he blocked people. But just as the presidents are not allowed to block anyone from seeing tweets on the @POTUS feed, he's now prohibited from blocking people on his (formerly) personal account as well.