[North Korea] The Dear Loser comes into his own.

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: The Dear Loser comes into his own. (North Korea)

Post by Daehawk »

Pakleds from Star Trek. They were a mentally retarded styled race that had gotten hold of high tech warp ship or ships and had no idea what they were doing. Their ship broke and they kidnapped Geordie and had him "Make it go again" . I feel thats Trump pretty much. He got put in charge of something he is too damn stupid and ignorant and pigheaded to be in charge of.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

What if greengoo understood what Pakleds were but was trying to understand why it was being applied to Trump and nukes.

asking for a friend.... :oops:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Ah. Not the real Star Trek then.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WaPo
For the first time in years, North Korea will skip its annual “anti-U.S.-imperialism” rally, according to the Associated Press.

The elaborate rally is typically held June 27 to mark the beginning of the yearly “Struggle Against U.S. Imperialism Month.” In past years, North Koreans attended a variety of events designed to build nationalism and commemorate the end of the Korean War on July 27, 1953.

While there has been no official statement from Pyongyang on this year’s event, AP reporters in North Korea have confirmed that the rally will not be held Wednesday.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Drumpf is winning the battle for NK hearts and minds!
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

http://thehill.com/policy/international ... h-facility
Satellite images from last week show that North Korea is making numerous improvements to the infrastructure at a nuclear research facility, according to a new study.

The images, obtained by North Korea analysis outlet 38 North, come just weeks after President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un signed an agreement that called for a denuclearized Korean Peninsula.
Boy, it's almost like NK got Drumpf to treat them as an equal and to agree to concrete concessions in exchange for nothing.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

North Korea may have lied?

Here's my shocked face.

Covfefe!
Rip

Post by Rip »

I think you need to have an actual agreement to start calling them liars. The only thing they really did was agree to work on an agreement.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:28 pm I think you need to have an actual agreement to start calling them liars. The only thing they really did was agree to work on an agreement.
You are aware the orange doofus has been going around touting that Kim was no longer a threat and that total denuclearization was underway, right?

Or is this one of those times where you admit yet again that Trump is a liar...but that's okay with you?
Covfefe!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Rip wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:28 pm I think you need to have an actual agreement to start calling them liars. The only thing they really did was agree to work on an agreement.
"They've blown up their site."

“So many people asked when I was on the campaign I’d say, ‘wait a minute, I don’t have any relationship’ — but they said, ‘when you can, president, we’d love our son to be brought back home’ — you know, the remains.”

-DJT

Jun 17, 2018 08:01:06 AM The denuclearization deal with North Korea is being praised and celebrated all over Asia. They are so happy! Over here, in our country, some people would rather see this historic deal fail than give Trump a win, even if it does save potentially millions & millions of lives!

Jun 17, 2018 07:40:02 AM Funny how the Fake News, in a coordinated effort with each other, likes to say I gave sooo much to North Korea because I “met.” That’s because that’s all they have to disparage! We got so much for peace in the world, & more is being added in finals. Even got our hostages/remains!

Jun 13, 2018 08:30:49 AM So funny to watch the Fake News, especially NBC and CNN. They are fighting hard to downplay the deal with North Korea. 500 days ago they would have “begged” for this deal-looked like war would break out. Our Country’s biggest enemy is the Fake News so easily promulgated by fools!

Jun 13, 2018 04:56:57 AM Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!

Jun 12, 2018 03:40:26 PM Heading back home from Singapore after a truly amazing visit. Great progress was made on the denuclearization of North Korea. Hostages are back home, will be getting the remains of our great heroes back to their families, no missiles shot, no research happening, sites closing...

https://www.military.com/daily-news/201 ... -true.html

I agree NK aren't the liars in this.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Kim Jong-un is a really great guy. Yes, yes he is.

A senior North Korean military officer who told colleagues they no longer needed to “suffer and tighten our belts to make rockets and nuclear weapons” has been executed by firing squad, according to reports in dissident media.

The officer was named by the Seoul-based Daily NK news website as Hyon Ju-song, a 56-year-old lieutenant general who was serving as director of the services inspection division of the People’s Armed Forces.

Lt. Gen. Hyon appears to have become excited at the possibility that the detente that has taken place on the Korean Peninsula this year will develop into full-blown peace and got ahead of official party policy.

Quoting one of the organisation’s “citizen reporters” in the North, Daily NK said Lt. Gen. Hyon had been “on the fast track to success” within the military, but was arrested after making unguarded comments during a visit to one of the regime’s most important facilities.

“While checking the oil supplies for the Sohae Satellite Launching Station during the comprehensive inspections of wartime supplies on April 10, Hyon stated, ‘We no longer have to suffer and tighten our belts to make rockets or nuclear weapons’. This was seen as an abuse of authority and a treasonous statement that opposed the Party’s military-first policy”, the site reported.
Hodor.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I seem to recall some news article a while back that stated the majority of these stories are made up. Sometimes by the party themselves in order to keep up the whole "nuclear wildcard" persona.
Covfefe!
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

hepcat wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:32 pm
You are aware the orange doofus has been going around touting that Kim was no longer a threat and that total denuclearization was underway, right?

Or is this one of those times where you admit yet again that Trump is a liar...but that's okay with you?
To be fair to RIP, I think he was defending North Korea, not Trump. They couldn't have lied when they only said they'd talk about it. He never said Trump wasn't lying when he got back. He just omits those noises and continues with his :coffee: posts.

In all of the 2000+ lies, falsehoods, and partial truths of Trumps' presidency I don't think RIP has heard more than a handful of them and tried to defend them.
Last edited by Paingod on Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I had forgotten that Rip is a huge Kim Jong Un fan. :ninja:
Covfefe!
Rip

Post by Rip »

hepcat wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:58 am I had forgotten that Rip is a huge Kim Jong Un fan. :ninja:
Not calling someone a liar because they did not lie about a subject != being a fan. Nice try though.

As far as my thought on him, I would have dropped a MOAB on his head long ago.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

We're only going to bomb them if our new leader in Russia permits it. So it looks unlikely. :mrgreen:
Covfefe!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

:pop:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/no ... spartanntp

WASHINGTON — U.S. intelligence agencies believe that North Korea has increased its production of fuel for nuclear weapons at multiple secret sites in recent months — and that Kim Jong Un may try to hide those facilities as he seeks more concessions in nuclear talks with the Trump administration, U.S. officials told NBC News.

The intelligence assessment, which has not previously been reported, seems to counter the sentiments expressed by President Donald Trump, who tweeted after his historic June 12 summit with Kim that "there was no longer a nuclear threat from North Korea."
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

OMG.

Many good conversations with North Korea-it is going well! In the meantime, no Rocket Launches or Nuclear Testing in 8 months. All of Asia is thrilled. Only the Opposition Party, which includes the Fake News, is complaining. If not for me, we would now be at War with North Korea!
Hodor.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Where to start with that nonsense?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I mean, saying he's the only one keeping us out of war with North Korea? Good lord, that's so delusional.
Hodor.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

pr0ner wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:32 am I mean, saying he's the only one keeping us out of war with North Korea? Good lord, that's so delusional.
Given that he's the only one that would start a war with North Korea, he's not entirely wrong. :coffee:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Holman

Post by Holman »

Pompeo arrived in Japan from Korea talks and told reporters that they were making progress.

Almost immediately, this news:

AP wrote:BREAKING: North Korea Foreign Ministry says talks with Pompeo 'regrettable,' accuses US of unilateral demands for denuclearization.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

Hasn’t unilateral denuclearization always been the US policy? What the hell did Trump promise that they didn’t get that message?
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

There was never any chance that NK is serious about giving up its nukes, and everybody except Trump knows that. Pompeo wants this to fail quickly, rather than drag on for years as past efforts have done, so that they can pivot back to saber-rattling. Two things complicate his goal: Trump's effusive praise of Kim as a good and trustworthy fellow, and the midterm elections. An about-face won't faze Trump's base, because nothing ever does, but the charade will continue until November to avoid losing any independents who were fooled.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

I'm starting to feel like Princess Leia on the Millennium Falcon. Though with less cool hair and Trump is no Han Solo, Trump's the monkey-lizard.
Some day you're gonna be wrong, I just hope I'm there to see it.
You said you wanted to be around when I made a mistake, well, this could be it, sweetheart.
I take it back.
I want Trump to fail in a spectacular way, that no one except complete idiots can deny, but not so badly that millions go up in a flaming mushroom cloud.

It's a big fear of mine that the flaming mushroom cloud is what is required.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

My hope for failure is that he slips on some stairs, lands on his VP and suddenly there is a new president who is much more traditionally terrible that we can complain about.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Yeah it's a sad world in which we are all rooting for the homophobic far-right evangelical to suddenly become President.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Trump will be the best thing that ever happened to Richard Nixon.

Pence will be the best thing that ever happened to Gerald Ford.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Fake intelligence from our biased intelligence agencies in the fake WaPo
U.S. spy agencies are seeing signs that North Korea is constructing new missiles at a factory that produced the country’s first intercontinental ballistic missiles capable of reaching the United States, according to officials familiar with the intelligence.

Newly obtained evidence, including satellite photos taken in recent weeks, indicates that work is underway on at least one and possibly two liquid-fueled ICBMs at a large research facility in Sanumdong, on the outskirts of Pyongyang, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe classified intelligence.

The findings are the latest to show ongoing activity inside North Korea’s nuclear and missile facilities at a time when the country’s leaders are engaged in arms talks with the United States. The new intelligence does not suggest an expansion of North Korea’s capabilities but shows that work on advanced weapons is continuing weeks after President Trump declared in a Twitter posting that Pyongyang was “no longer a Nuclear Threat.”
You know, this isn’t exactly an unexpected move by North Korea but when it’s coupled with the grandiose pronouncements of the Braggart in Chief it’s laughable, pathetic, and frustrating. It’s Obama’s fault, of course.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Young love, so naive.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WaPo
National security adviser John Bolton said Tuesday that North Korea has not made progress toward denuclearization in a dismal acknowledgment that comes nearly two months after President Trump held a historic summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore.

“The United States has lived up to the Singapore declaration. It’s just North Korea that has not taken the steps we feel are necessary to denuclearize,” Bolton said in an interview on Fox News Channel on Tuesday morning.

He added the United States will continue to apply pressure until Pyongyang produces results.

“The idea that we’re going to relax the sanctions just on North Korea’s say-so, I think, is something that just isn’t under consideration,” Bolton said. “We’re going to continue to apply maximum pressure to North Korea until they denuclearize, just as we are to Iran.”
At that conference, which also took place in Singapore, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo handed to North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho a letter from Trump to Kim.

Bolton revealed Tuesday the letter contained a proposal from Trump for Pompeo to make another visit to North Korea to meet with Kim.

“Secretary of State Pompeo is prepared to go back to North Korea to meet with Kim Jong Un. We’ve proposed that in our most recent letter from the president to Kim Jong Un,” Bolton said.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

John Bolton, you just can't get rid of him. He's like a weeble, keeps popping up. Bolton never met a war he didn't like. :wink:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Express
A senior Russian official who met Kim Jong-un this weekend warned the North Korea dictator said he did not plan any unilateral steps to denuclearise.

Instead Kim is waiting for the United States to respond to steps he has already taken, Russia's RIA news agency reported.
Ms Matvienko said Kim was polite and diplomatic in his remarks about US President Donald Trump.

She also quoted Kim as saying he hoped for Russian backing in weakening US sanctions on North Korea amid fears of World War 3.

Kim’s refusal to scrap his nuclear weapons comes as Russian President Vladimir Putin invites the dictator to Russia, according to Kremlin aide Yuri Ushakov.
North Korea watchdog 38 North said commercial satellite imagery of the Sohae Satellite Launching Station in August suggested no dismantlement has taken place at either the launch pad or engine test stand.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WaPo
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un offered Wednesday to permanently dismantle his country’s main nuclear site, but only if the United States makes concessions first.

President Trump called the developments encouraging but made no new commitments.
Kim and South Korean President Moon Jae-in have been meeting in Pyongyang in an attempt to push forward their peace process, as well as advance dialogue with the United States. Standing side by side after their second day of talks, they declared that they had taken a major step toward an “era of peace and prosperity” on the Korean Peninsula.

Kim pledged to visit the South Korean capital, Seoul, in what would be a first for a North Korean leader. He also pledged to allow in “external inspectors” to verify that a key missile test site has been disabled.
Experts said it was far from clear that Kim had made concessions that would make a summit an attractive proposition for the U.S. administration, but Trump himself reacted positively, calling the news “very exciting” on Twitter.
Trump is expected to meet with Moon on Monday in New York, when both attend the annual United Nations General Assembly. Moon is expected to use the meeting to urge further U.S.-North Korean engagement.
Members of Trump’s own administration are known to be more wary about North Korea’s intentions.

And Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.), a Trump ally who is influential on national security, tweeted that he was concerned that Moon’s visit would undermine efforts by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Nikki Haley, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, to impose “maximum pressure” on Pyongyang through sanctions.

“While North Korea has stopped testing missiles and nuclear devices, they have NOT moved toward denuclearization,” he tweeted.

In a joint statement, North Korea pledged to “permanently dismantle” a missile engine test site and launchpad at Tongchang-ri “in the presence of experts from related countries.” That is a site it had already promised to close, although allowing in foreign inspectors would be a step forward.

North Korea also “expressed the will to continue taking further steps like permanent dismantlement” of its main Yongbyon nuclear facility, but only if the United States takes “corresponding steps” based on Trump’s agreement with Kim at their June summit.

But there wasn’t enough in terms of new, concrete promises to satisfy many experts. Within Trump’s own administration, senior officials want North Korea to begin by declaring its nuclear and missile sites, rather than making piecemeal, unilateral concessions. Experts also believe that North Korea has continued to build nuclear weapons this year.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

How Trump "fell in love" with KJU.

No really, he actually said that.
While speaking at a rally for Senate candidate and state Attorney General Patrick Morrisey (R) in West Virginia, Trump spoke about his evolving relationship with Kim.

"I was really being tough and so was he," he said. "And we would go back and forth. And then we fell in love. No really. He wrote me beautiful letters."

"They were great letters. And then we fell in love."
Pissing off every ally we have in the world, then going all teenage crush over a murderous despot is totally normal behavior for the President, right?
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Their love song...

I'm not the man they think I am at home
Oh no no no I'm a rocket man
Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone
Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids
In fact it's cold as hell
And there's no one there to raise them if you did
And all this science I don't understand
It's just my job five days a week
A rocket man, a rocket man
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I read an article on it earlier, and I had "What the world needs now" stuck in my head while reading the article
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/us/p ... bases.html

shocking no one.

WASHINGTON — North Korea is moving ahead with its ballistic missile program at 16 hidden bases that have been identified in new commercial satellite images, a network long known to American intelligence agencies but left undiscussed as President Trump claims to have neutralized the North’s nuclear threat.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

It's almost like Drumpf is a rube, but that can't be true. He's the best. He told me that himself.
Holman

Post by Holman »

The story in the New York Times concerning North Korea developing missile bases is inaccurate. We fully know about the sites being discussed, nothing new - and nothing happening out of the normal. Just more Fake News. I will be the first to let you know if things go bad!
Um...