Conan Exiles - mmo survival game

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

GreenGoo

Re: Conan Exiles - mmo survival game

Post by GreenGoo »

edit: Removed in case websense is dumber than expected. Might be too late. If so, my apologies.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

Removed.
Last edited by Fitzy on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its getting to where you cant refer to something or someone as anything these days. OH him? He is a ugamunga...and she is a barugganuba. They have 15 linntibees.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

edit: Removed in case websense is dumber than expected. Might be too late. If so, my apologies.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:55 pm Its getting to where you cant refer to something or someone as anything these days. OH him? He is a ugamunga...and she is a barugganuba. They have 15 linntibees.
Anyone who frequents General already knows what you think about any of this.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

Removed as irrelevant
Last edited by Fitzy on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Soooooooooooo, regarding the game...

I picked it up as part of the monthy bundle.

I made a character, got saved by <spoilers!> Conan, ran down a road, ate some bugs while gathering rocks and leaves. Got close to a river and promptly got killed by some sort of dwarf/pig creature. Possibly manbearpig. Respawned, ran around from a different direction and got killed by a lizard-baboon.

Clearly Hyperborea is not the place for me.
There is no hug button. Sad!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Craft some clothes from plant fiber, some tools from sticks and stones, complete the early journey steps for a few levels (climb, eat, drink, kick, dodge, etc), unlock and craft a stone sword, get revenge.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Le Chateau de la Fret is done!

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image
naednek

Post by naednek »

ya websense has blocked me from this forum topic. Was fine before the 6th. Came to work the next day and bam! Blocked.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

naednek wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:26 am ya websense has blocked me from this forum topic. Was fine before the 6th. Came to work the next day and bam! Blocked.
Same for me. I would wager that it's a result of the hermaphrodite talk / link.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

Fretmute wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:46 am
naednek wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:26 am ya websense has blocked me from this forum topic. Was fine before the 6th. Came to work the next day and bam! Blocked.
Sorry, I’ll delete it. Removed what I could. Hope it helps. I won’t derail again.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Fretmute wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:15 pmLe Chateau de la Fret is done!
Needs more spikes. :D
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

So I broke down and bought this with the bundle. I'm planning on trying it out tonight and jumping on Fretmute's server with you all. I'm assuming the connect info/pw is the same as a few pages back. But I'm unsure which mods are in play. What should I be downloading or subscribing to in order to be able to connect?

Thanks for any info!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is there fishing in Conan?
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:33 am Is there fishing in Conan?
Yes, but only using traps.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Baroquen wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:28 am So I broke down and bought this with the bundle. I'm planning on trying it out tonight and jumping on Fretmute's server with you all. I'm assuming the connect info/pw is the same as a few pages back. But I'm unsure which mods are in play. What should I be downloading or subscribing to in order to be able to connect?

Thanks for any info!
On the server select screen when you select Fret's server there will be a list of mods in the bottom right corner. You need to match that list *in order*. It should be Pippi and then LTs Farming. Note that the game makes you restart any time you change mods. It's a little annoying, but they made it load quicker with the big patch last week.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sepiche wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:00 am
Daehawk wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:33 am Is there fishing in Conan?
Yes, but only using traps.
Dang. I have actually passed on games where theres water and no fishing. Why must they taunt me.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I wouldn't call it fishing. You put a reed basket in the water, wait a few minutes and then collect fish or shellfish. It's not anything like other games I've played where you stand on a riverbank with a pole and need to tap buttons or do something to get fish. I've also never played an MMO and though the harvesting or items was THE awesome part of the game and totally continued playing it because it was so much fun to gather wood or stone or fish meat. I'd think a dedicated game on fishing would be a much more worthy investment of time than this. All IMHO of course. If you like standing around nude while your fish basket fills up with things, have at it.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
naednek

Post by naednek »

I'm back in. You didn't have to edit, i just catch up at home.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Fretmute wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:15 pm Le Chateau de la Fret is done!
Are those solar panels? Are you an eco-friendly barbarian?
There is no hug button. Sad!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Still hosting guests from out of town, so I haven't been on in almost a full week. They're leaving Monday afternoon though, so I'll try to log in after that so I can build what will look like a small community of outhouses near Fret's mansion.
Covfefe!
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:08 am On the server select screen when you select Fret's server there will be a list of mods in the bottom right corner. You need to match that list *in order*. It should be Pippi and then LTs Farming. Note that the game makes you restart any time you change mods. It's a little annoying, but they made it load quicker with the big patch last week.
Thanks for the help. Looking forward to diving in tonight.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Hadn't logged on in 10 days (before the last gigantic patch) and 90% of my stuff is just...gone. Not sure if that's normal (I know things degrade, but 10 days?) or the patch decided I didn't need low-level housing or materials anymore but man...that's a really kick to the chops.

I also had my first crash today as well. Played for 25+ hours without a problem. But 30 minutes this afternoon had a CTD.
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

They actually addressed that in the patch (for the next few weeks) because people were going off for vacation and coming back to nothing. The decay timers are a little aggressive, I guess.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Don't take a week off.

Patch Notes
As we mentioned in the previous Hotfix thread on the 7th 179, we have increased the max decay time from 6 days to 18 days for all official servers on all platforms. This will be in effect from now until Monday, August 13th. As mentioned previously, we’ll be monitoring this change and the impact it has on the servers.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I've enjoyed my few sessions of playing so far. I'm low level, with a little hovel, down near the river. So just the trivial early game stuff, I'm supposing. I did meet the spiders and rock creatures today. And when I died for the first time and finished my corpse run, I decided to run back to my shack, because I read the fiber bedroll is one use only. Having a better one, I thought it wise to go put it to use. But on the way back, some camp scout surprised me. After disposing of him, he had a nice shiny iron sword on him. That led to me taking out the rest of the camp, and getting all kinds of new loot, that I'll probably just throw into a box until I know what to do with it.

I did scout around looking for any signs of the rest of you, but I guess decay has taken out any old buildings? And I certainly didn't venture far enough into the map to find your current bases. Maybe next time.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I just had a dude (based on the actual voice, booming through my PC speakers) yelling at me to join the big boob river clan, while he was chasing me around the small islet I've occupied for the last month. Yes, his avatar was nude, why do you ask? This is not the same game I was playing 10 days ago.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

You sure it wasn't Hepcat?
morlac

Post by morlac »

Yep it was him. The BBRC is having a big recruitment drive right now.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Right after I last posted, I found (one of?) Sepiche's house(s). Very nice overlooking the river. I fed your antelope (not really). And then got surprise-attacked by a crocodile on my way back home. Fun times!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

So tried to log in twice over the last 24 hours. Both times it goes to the loading screen, then goes to a black screen with music and then nothing else. You'd think they'd want to make their game better, not worse with each patch.

edit: finally got in. rebuilding Casa de Hepcat on the shores of beautiful Lake Hepcat in the small village of Hepcat.
Covfefe!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Fretmute wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:46 am

In any case, I've installed. I don't know what I've installed, but it's there. I should probably find out what the game is about.

More importantly, how do I join Fret's server, assuming it's still active?

edit: Found Fret's server post using the forum search command, but then couldn't figure out how to connect from inside the game. Google tells me I must do it through Steam's server lists, which is the first time I've done that (although my son does it for Garry's mod and such all the time).

Here goes...

edit2: And of course that wasn't enough. Now what? Digging...
edit3: Not sure what changed, but now the server is responding. pw has been entered. Battleye wants to know if I want it installed. The answer, as always, is "Want? No. Need? Good question"
edit4: Telling it to go away did not cause any issues, but now I'm stuck because I don't have the correct mods installed. It gave me an empty list of mods I needed to install. So now I either have to find out if Fret's maintaining a list here in the thread somewhere or if I can get his server to actually tell me instead of teasing me.
edit5: No mod list maintained here (which is totally fine, I was just looking in case) and the game gives me an empty list of mods I don't have installed preventing me from joining server. Not sure what to do. I'll send Fret a request for the list if I can't figure this out through steam or something.
edit6: Don't tell me I need this particular version of battleeye. Time to test it I guess. I would think it being a secure private server would alleviate any need for BE and Fret wouldn't enable it.
edit7: Steam says Fret hasn't played Conan in at least 2 weeks. I'm guessing the time of OO Exiles is over. Oh well.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

..and hilariously there is a Conan update this morning which renders my client and Fret's server incompatible even without any mod shenanigans.
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

I'm fixing it now.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Fretmute wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:02 am I'm fixing it now.
Oh, cool. Just sent you a pm because even after the versioning is fixed I have no idea what mods I'm missing.

How're things?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

A dozen or so posts up the screen:
coopasonic wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:08 am
Baroquen wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:28 am So I broke down and bought this with the bundle. I'm planning on trying it out tonight and jumping on Fretmute's server with you all. I'm assuming the connect info/pw is the same as a few pages back. But I'm unsure which mods are in play. What should I be downloading or subscribing to in order to be able to connect?

Thanks for any info!
On the server select screen when you select Fret's server there will be a list of mods in the bottom right corner. You need to match that list *in order*. It should be Pippi and then LTs Farming. Note that the game makes you restart any time you change mods. It's a little annoying, but they made it load quicker with the big patch last week.
Note that to see that you have to do it through the game not the steam server selection. To get fret's server to show up on the in-game selection you have to click the boxes for password protected servers and modded servers to show up (and maybe invalid servers depending on the day).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I found Fret's server ok and it asks for the password and attempts to connect, but without any mods installed the server refuses to let me in. It gives me what *should* be a mod list of what's missing, but it's empty. Searching google for that error comes back with like 3 people, total, ever, having the same problem, and no one had a fix (most didn't even get a response), so it seems like a pretty rare problem.

When looking at the server through the steam client, I did not see any mods list (i.e. before even loading the game) and I did look for exactly that. Perhaps I was looking in the wrong place.

edit: I never did figure out how to find servers while "in-game". I ended up adding his ip/port to my launch settings so the game will try to immediately connect upon loading. I was probably just tired, but none of it seemed intuitive to me.

Fret's told me that Pippi and LT's Farming are the only 2 mods needed, so now I just have to figure out which comes first :D. Luckily I can handle 2 permutations through trial and error. Probably.

edit: In my defense, I looked at posts from Fret, as I assumed server specific info would come from him. If I had seen your post coop it would have saved me some trouble. Of course I'd have to get better at skimming through 8 pages of posts. Thanks for the heads up though.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

And...I'm in. Just need to make a character. Which I will do tonight since I've got stuff that I should be doing right now.

Thanks for the help guys. Everything appears to be working as intended.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

So I looked into the game a little bit, and if I understand things correctly, the main point of the game is to live in a really nice house...with or without huge junk, depending on the server settings.

Is that correct?