Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Ralph-Wiggum

Re: Stormy Weather (Trump & Women)

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Hold on a second: Melania was in the hospital for kidney surgery at the same time MHS got a donated kidney. Was Melania MHS's donor??? :shock:
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

For those keeping Track, Melania hasn't been seen in public in 25 days and she's not attending the G7 summit with the President. I'm sure everything is fine. Tonight she's scheduled to attend a Gold Star event at the White House, which is understandably closed to the press. It's totally normal for the wife of the President of the United States of America to not be publicly seen for almost a month. Totally. Normal.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Holman

Post by Holman »

Social media loves playing with the WHERE'S MELANIA?? mystery like Trump has murdered her and hidden her body in the attic, but the simple explanation is that she is cold-shouldering him to the maximum possible degree that doesn't involve lawyers.

Given everything that has been exposed this year about Trump and his multiple affairs during their marriage, why wouldn't she?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Oh yeah, I don't think she's dead or anything. I'm just astounded that in 2018 the First Lady could disappear from the public eye for almost a month and everyone is just shrugging their shoulders. Barack Obama wore a tan suit and people lost their minds. The President points to an empty window and everyone just looks around and shrugs their shoulders. This is the world we live in now.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

Conspiracy theories about Melania are fun, but ultimately I have trouble believing the Secret Service would stand by and allow even the president to lock her in a room or murder her.

I'm thinking she left him or as above, cold shouldering him.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

She's fine. She has her contractual physical contact with the Mangerine once a year and then has to shower for 3 weeks.
Covfefe!
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Speculation over Melania's whereabouts are a fun diversion, but ultimately just that. The simplest explanation is also the likeliest: she never wanted to be First Lady, and doesn't seem to enjoy spending time with Trump, or doing all the public First Lady things. It's really likely that she's just avoiding both of those and staying out of the public eye. Which is unprecedented, but not crazy for someone who had this role thrust on them, likely against their will.

That said, if we're going to go down the conspiracy rabbit hole, my money's on he hit her, it's somewhere visible, and they're trying to keep that under wraps. But I have no idea how likely that is, and again, it's pointless speculation.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

It's also possible that there were some complications from surgery (she was in the hospital longer than is typical for those sorts of surgeries, I think) and she has still been recovering.
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Incidentally, veteran journalist Seymour Hersh (who, for example, exposed the My Lai coverup) has written a memoir.

One unexpected detail is Richard Nixon, shortly after his resignation, hit his wife so hard that she had to go to the emergency room.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

In unsurprising news (perhaps getting drowned out by Trump's latest Twitter tantrum), Bill Clinton doesn't appear to show much remorse over the Monica Lewinsky scandal.
Former President Bill Clinton defended himself Monday from recent criticism of his affair with Monica Lewinsky in light of the #MeToo movement, telling NBC's "Today" he never reached out to the former White House intern following the scandal.

Asked if he owed Lewinsky an apology, Clinton told NBC's Craig Melvin, "No, I do not -- I have never talked to her. But I did say publicly on more than one occasion that I was sorry. That's very different. The apology was public."
Hodor.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Holman wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:18 am Incidentally, veteran journalist Seymour Hersh (who, for example, exposed the My Lai coverup) has written a memoir.

One unexpected detail is Richard Nixon, shortly after his resignation, hit his wife so hard that she had to go to the emergency room.
Holy shit.

When the president does it, it's not illegal.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yeah, I have problems thinking that the Secret Service would intervene for anything short of serious bodily injury.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Oh, my... Is this the first public hint of displeasure we've had from Melania?

Giuliani said yesterday that Melania believes Trump's denials of the Stormy affair and that she thinks the accusations are untrue.

Today:

Maggie Haberman wrote:Yikes. I asked @FLOTUS spokeswoman @StephGrisham45 about Giuliani saying that she believes her husband re Stormy Daniels. Response: “I don't believe Mrs. Trump has ever discussed her thoughts on anything with Mr. Giuliani.”
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Holman wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:59 pm Oh, my... Is this the first public hint of displeasure we've had from Melania?

Giuliani said yesterday that Melania believes Trump's denials of the Stormy affair and that she thinks the accusations are untrue.

Today:

Maggie Haberman wrote:Yikes. I asked @FLOTUS spokeswoman @StephGrisham45 about Giuliani saying that she believes her husband re Stormy Daniels. Response: “I don't believe Mrs. Trump has ever discussed her thoughts on anything with Mr. Giuliani.”
I dunno about that but it's sure not the first hint that Guliani and Trump are two peas in a pod with no regard for anything other than the way the want to see the world as being the unimpeachable truth.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:09 pm unimpeachable truth.
:think:
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Law and Crime
Daniels was arrested early Thursday morning after her performance at Sirens, a local strip club. An Ohio law prohibits nude or semi-nude dancers at clubs in the state from touching customers, and Daniels reportedly groped undercover police officers during her performance, including touching the breasts and butt of a female cop.

She was promptly arrested, even though the law states that the prohibition against touching is for dancers who “regularly” perform at a club in Ohio. The statute clearly defines “regularly” as “consistently or repeatedly.” Prosecutors acknowledged that there was no evidence that this description fit Daniels, who was a guest performer at Sirens on the night in questions, and they moved to dismiss the case.

Chief Kim Jacobs told the gossip site that the she agrees Daniels’ arrest never should have happened, and is going to look into why officers took her in.

“While the presence of Vice officers at this establishment is reasonable, the motivations behind the officers’ actions will be reviewed internally,” Chief Jacobs said.

Daniels was supposed to perform at the club again the following night, but canceled. Her lawyer, Michael Avenatti, said he thinks the officers who arrested his client “knew exactly what they were doing,” and that he is going to investigate the matter. He said legal action against the police may be a possibility.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

I also read that this was the first time in a decade that there's been an arrest under that law. What a funny coincidence, huh?

I'm nervous that this kind of thing is going to get more common. This being using minor infractions to inconvenience, harass, and intimidate people who oppose those on the right.

But really, this has been common for over a century for non-white people. It's just now starting to be applied to white folks.
I can't imagine, even at my most inebriated, hearing a bouncer offering me an hour with a stripper for only $1,400 and thinking That sounds like a reasonable idea.-Two Sheds
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

Which is good, but a perfect example of using the law to harass. The charges were dropped, but only after she was put through the process of arrest, intake, and pleading her case. Yes, there may not be any long-term consequences for her, but there's absolutely a cost. In addition, the Fox News' of the world get to run a story about how that slut Stormy Daniels was arrested for slutting it up, which further reinforces the picture Trump and the right are trying to paint of her. Those same outlets will certainly neglect to run the "all charges dropped" bit of the story with nearly as much fanfare.
Toe

Post by Toe »

Chaz wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:13 am Which is good, but a perfect example of using the law to harass. The charges were dropped, but only after she was put through the process of arrest, intake, and pleading her case. Yes, there may not be any long-term consequences for her, but there's absolutely a cost. In addition, the Fox News' of the world get to run a story about how that slut Stormy Daniels was arrested for slutting it up, which further reinforces the picture Trump and the right are trying to paint of her. Those same outlets will certainly neglect to run the "all charges dropped" bit of the story with nearly as much fanfare.
Eh, she gets her name in the news again, which I think in her line of work is ok, even if its used negatively. I bet her next performance is sold out. Also, I don't think the trump camp is wanting this type of exposure since Stormy's lawyer says they have the goods and will release them if trump ever tries to deny the affair. That is why the first lady shut down Giuliani when he started talking down that path.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Chaz wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:21 am I'm nervous that this kind of thing is going to get more common. This being using minor infractions to inconvenience, harass, and intimidate people who oppose those on the right.
Maybe you'll get audited. :wink:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Oh boy.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Cohen recorded Trump discussing payments to Playboy model Karen McDougal
President Trump’s longtime lawyer, Michael D. Cohen, secretly recorded a conversation with Mr. Trump two months before the presidential election in which they discussed payments to a former Playboy model who said she had an affair with Mr. Trump, according to lawyers and others familiar with the recording.

The F.B.I. seized the recording this year during a raid on Mr. Cohen’s office. The Justice Department is investigating Mr. Cohen’s involvement in paying women to tamp down embarrassing news stories about Mr. Trump ahead of the 2016 election. Prosecutors want to know whether that violated federal campaign finance laws, and any conversation with Mr. Trump about those payments would be of keen interest to them.

The recording’s existence further draws Mr. Trump into questions about tactics he and his associates used to keep aspects of his personal and business life a secret. And it highlights the potential legal and political danger that Mr. Cohen represents to Mr. Trump. Once the keeper of many of Mr. Trump’s secrets, Mr. Cohen is now seen as increasingly willing to consider cooperating with prosecutors.
:lol:

EDIT: CURSE YOU CC!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Oh shit. And he's got much more than that, I expect. I have to wonder whether this is Cohen's final shot across the bow to Trump before he goes into full cooperation mode.
Black Lives Matter.
Captain Caveman

No worries, Skinnypuppy. You can get the next one. There's always a next one. :)

I think it's interesting that this leaked out. I can't see it coming from the FBI, so it seems likely Giuliani (who is quoted a lot in the story) leaked it to get on top of the story and maybe mitigate the damage.

Also, remember this is the Playboy model who sold her story to the National Enquirer, who then squashed it right before the election. So it looks plausible that Cohen arranged this deal for Trump, and the National Enquirer is guilty of making illegal in kind campaign contributions.

And if Trump knew how the arrangement was going to work, and issued the payment (even indirectly through Cohen), Trump is the one committing the crime.

Which is why Giuliani goes to great pains in his explanations to disconnect Trump from the payment.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

When it rains, it pours.

:pop:
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

That's common knowledge, isn't it? I mean you can think he's a lech now, imagine him coked up in the 80s-90s.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I'm sure it is. I just think it's funny the BBC decided to do a special focusing on it.
Jolor

Post by Jolor »

Great way for him to get leverage on people: invite them to a party with underage girls, get them intoxicated, and secretly record the events of the evening.
So sayeth the wise Alaundo.
Fitzy

Post by Fitzy »

Fake news. This was just locker room underage sex.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Jolor wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:11 pm Great way for him to get leverage on people: invite them to a party with underage girls, get them intoxicated, and secretly record the events of the evening.
Sounds like the kind of man who'd tell his friends' wives that they were being cheated on so he could try and score.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Captain Caveman

Jolor wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:11 pm Great way for him to get leverage on people: invite them to a party with underage girls, get them intoxicated, and secretly record the events of the evening.
You might even say that it's a golden opportunity.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Except back then it really was just about getting out of your mind on coke and fucking/raping. It wouldn't occur to any of them that an average Friday night would be "leverage".

Nowdays, maybe? But I think it still has to be kids or corpses to get any kind of real leverage.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Man, none of my friends ever invite me to orgiastic inner sanctums.
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:55 pm Nowdays, maybe? But I think it still has to be kids or corpses to get any kind of real leverage.
I think you're right if you cut that in half. Kids seem to be the one sacred thing. The sexual abuse of children is the only way you'd get leverage. Nothing else seems to matter.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I'm shocked, shocked that there are new allegations. I thought for sure the number of accusers would end at 12, I mean 14, I mean, well 16 at the most, but I guess I was wrong. :|
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Captain Caveman wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:20 pm
You might even say that it's a golden opportunity.
:lol: :lol:
Covfefe!
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Defiant wrote: I thought for sure the number of accusers would end at 12, I mean 14, I mean, well 16 at the most, but I guess I was wrong.
Are you referring to the number of accusers or their ages?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Some indications that police may have pre-planned to target and arrest Stormy Daniels. As opposed to her coincidentally getting caught up in a sting.
Black Lives Matter.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:05 am Some indications that police may have pre-planned to target and arrest Stormy Daniels. As opposed to her coincidentally getting caught up in a sting.
Someone’s getting fired. So stupid.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳