Drazzil Mega Thread: Round table panel skills presentation +Took a home drug test for THC; failed at 45 days sobriety.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Anonymous Bosch

Re: I am possessed of an utterly insane idea, someone talk me out of it

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:49 am
Moliere wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:10 am
Drazzil wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:01 pm PS can someone tell me how I can access Facebook "communities"?
This should be in a new thread. :pop:
:lol: .... but seriously can someone tell me how to use. it?
How hard can it possibly be? That's where all the old gruntbugglies hang.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Jeff V

Re: Anyone know how to get on Facebook Communities?

Post by Jeff V »

The ones I'm a member of required approval by a moderator. For my subdivision's, I had to provide my address.
Black Lives Matter
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Oh.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:53 pmOh.
Don't worry, I'll PM Jeff's address to you.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Let's ALL PM Jeff's address to him.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

It's not up to me, but if it were, request denied. No offense, if I had a group it'd be pretty damned exclusive (high school all over again)
Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Jeff V wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:01 pm (high school all over again)
Enlarge Image
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

They look a little old to be in high school...alright alright alright
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:10 pm They look a little old to be in high school...alright alright alright
I think that's the idea. I still have active friendships with that high school crowd, and we all have gray hair (if any) now.
Black Lives Matter
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Jeff V wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:01 pm It's not up to me, but if it were, request denied. No offense, if I had a group it'd be pretty damned exclusive (high school all over again)
No, I'm just wondering how the concept of communities work. I'm looking for access to a few, to see about giving away a few cats.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Spamming places that I might go for cat friendly places or places to give the cats away might be a matter of gaining trust first... good to know.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

You should open a Cat Cafe.

Enlarge Image
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Moliere wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:02 am You should open a Cat Cafe.

Enlarge Image
:D
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Moliere wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:02 am You should open a Cat Cafe.
The Feral Feline
"Nobody's told us it's not legal!"
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:35 pm And I think I'm going to make this the rolling thread for all things for now. See how it goes.
Drazzil

Re: How *does* one use a business degree after 8 years?

Post by Drazzil »

Went to a very disheartening job fair today. Most "employers" were actually recruiters for something or other.

I think I am going to have difficulty using my degree with little relevent experience. Is there a way to fix this without giving my time away?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Talk to the career placement center at your college.

It's how I got my first professional job seven years after I graduated. Those graduating seniors didn't know what hit them.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:27 pm Talk to the career placement center at your college.

It's how I got my first professional job seven years after I graduated. Those graduating seniors didn't know what hit them.
Thanks!!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Drazzil wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:25 pm Went to a very disheartening job fair today. Most "employers" were actually recruiters for something or other.

I think I am going to have difficulty using my degree with little relevent experience. Is there a way to fix this without giving my time away?
Take some contract gigs through various temp agencies. I've had a few last over two years, long enough to be their own line item on a resume.
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

You have several related things going for you: (1) Many companies in many parts of the country are begging for workers; (2) you are willing to relocate; (3) you only expect entry-level salary and benefits (in contrast to recent grads whose expectations might be inflated); and (4) you have more life experience than recent grads. Altogether you're in a stronger negotiating position than you might think, and you should approach recruiters with confidence. You want to project the idea that you're better than the competition for all the reasons I listed.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Kraken wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:16 pm You have several related things going for you: (1) Many companies in many parts of the country are begging for workers; (2) you are willing to relocate; (3) you only expect entry-level salary and benefits (in contrast to recent grads whose expectations might be inflated); and (4) you have more life experience than recent grads. Altogether you're in a stronger negotiating position than you might think, and you should approach recruiters with confidence. You want to project the idea that you're better than the competition for all the reasons I listed.
I wouldn't recommend he go anywhere near a recruiter without first having worked extensively on his interviewing skills. I only have this board to go on, but I'm betting there is substantial room for improvement. Your college career center should be able to help there as well.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

stessier wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:52 pm
Kraken wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:16 pm You have several related things going for you: (1) Many companies in many parts of the country are begging for workers; (2) you are willing to relocate; (3) you only expect entry-level salary and benefits (in contrast to recent grads whose expectations might be inflated); and (4) you have more life experience than recent grads. Altogether you're in a stronger negotiating position than you might think, and you should approach recruiters with confidence. You want to project the idea that you're better than the competition for all the reasons I listed.
I wouldn't recommend he go anywhere near a recruiter without first having worked extensively on his interviewing skills. I only have this board to go on, but I'm betting there is substantial room for improvement. Your college career center should be able to help there as well.
Agreed. What I was getting at is that self-confidence is part of that. If you plop down in a chair projecting a loser attitude, you will lose.

Interviews are largely theater. The interviewer is starting out with a conclusion based on your resume, and if that conclusion wasn't already tentatively positive, you wouldn't be there. As in any theater, rehearsal is invaluable.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Hey Drazzil,

May I request that you give the thread title a prefix (e.g. "[Drazzil MegaThread]") followed by whatever text you're changing it too?

Otherwise it's a little confusing.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
naednek

Post by naednek »

If he brings his cat to the interview that should give him some bonus points...
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

naednek wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:52 pm
If he brings his cat to the interview that should give him some bonus points...
Funny you should say that. I went to a job fair where I met employers, just to see where I might land. Then I went to a jobs class, where we did mock interviews.

I was complimented on my knowledge and answers, so maybe I might be okay.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Success is passing for normal for minutes at a time.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:29 pm Success is passing for normal for minutes at a time.
Right? Once I'm in the door and past the ninety they bought you.

Gosh I miss WAG. I was okay with not going back because the commute sucked when I left... and it ssuuuuuuuuucccccksss now.

I couldnt imagine working there now that moms in the home, but maybe I should have stuck with it till I found something better.

Oh well. Burned that bridge.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Drazzil wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:28 amOh well. Burned that bridge.
May the light of the burning bridge illuminate your path forward.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
stessier

Post by stessier »

Drazzil wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:28 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:29 pm Success is passing for normal for minutes at a time.
Right? Once I'm in the door and past the ninety they bought you.
If you are looking to use your business degree, this mindset won't work for you. Unless CA has some weird rules around salaried positions I don't know about - which I guess is totally possible.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
morlac

Post by morlac »

The same way you did 8 years ago....as a wall decoration.
morlac

Post by morlac »

The same way you did 8 years ago....as a wall decoration.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

naednek wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:52 pm If he brings his cat to the interview that should give him some bonus points...
Two birds, one stone if he asks the interviewer if (insert appropriate personal pronoun) would like a nice pussy cat?
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

morlac wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:32 am The same way you did 8 years ago....as a wall decoration.
Aren't you just a ray of sunshine.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Drazzil wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:37 pm
So my stupid brain says "See! You've been good!... Spend something *somewhere* You *deserve it!"
Treat yourself. Buy $100 bank notes and store then at the bank. I mean seriously, go to the bank, get a bunch of $100s, then deposit them.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Good idea. Draz, I have some I can sell you and as part of a friends and family deal, I'll only mark them up 10%. Such a deal! :ninja:
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:29 pm Hey Drazzil,

May I request that you give the thread title a prefix (e.g. "[Drazzil MegaThread]") followed by whatever text you're changing it too?

Otherwise it's a little confusing.
+1
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:50 pm
Drazzil wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:37 pm
So my stupid brain says "See! You've been good!... Spend something *somewhere* You *deserve it!"
Treat yourself. Buy $100 bank notes and store then at the bank. I mean seriously, go to the bank, get a bunch of $100s, then deposit them.

I tried that. At least Twice. When I made 25,000 in savings, then again with the 20 or so thousand. I wanted the money brought to the counting room so that it could go thru my hands at least once. Turns out if you order that much cash they have to put it on "special order" and you have to wait some days.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

When somebody crowds me at a checkout line, I say "I'm sorry, I like to take a moment alone with my money to say goodbye." Or at least I imagine myself saying that.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Kraken wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:45 am When somebody crowds me at a checkout line, I say "I'm sorry, I like to take a moment alone with my money to say goodbye." Or at least I imagine myself saying that.
"Sir, you've been mumbling and chuckling to yourself for the past 10 minutes. Can you please move on?"
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Drazzil wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:58 pm
morlac wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:32 am The same way you did 8 years ago....as a wall decoration.
Aren't you just a ray of sunshine.
Given the history of these threads it's also more than likely the truth.