Madden 2019

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Octavious

Madden 2019

Post by Octavious »

Anyone planning on getting this for the PC? I'm kind of shocked that they finally brought it back. From the early feedback it looks like this might be a really fun version. I would imagine the online for the PS4 will be more lively than the PC, but I should be able to really crank up the graphics on the pc.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
naednek

Re: Madden 2019

Post by naednek »

It's great! Graphics are nice, gameplay is fun with some slider adjustments as always. I signed up for ORigin Premier for $99 I figured with me getting Madden, Battlefield and Anthem the $99 cost is a no brainer.

The animations are amazing, and the CPU does a pretty good job on adjusting to your game calling.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Very excited to have it back on the PC given that I no longer have a console setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I’ll grab this when I’m back from vacation. Would be cool to do a league but I doubt we would get enough people.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Now I just wish we got hockey and (licensed) baseball back....

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'll probably pick it up eventually. Been trying to find out if it was Windows 10 only but finally found that it is compatible with 7.

Have it on my Amazon shopping list.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Football games passed the level of complexity that I'm looking for when they went beyond Tecmo Super Bowl. I just want to huck it to receivers without analyzing whether they are in a nickel or dime formation (or whatever the hell those are).
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:40 pm Football games passed the level of complexity that I'm looking for when they went beyond Tecmo Super Bowl. I just want to huck it to receivers without analyzing whether they are in a nickel or dime formation (or whatever the hell those are).
You are dead to me.

I still think ESPN 2k5 was a highwater mark. I was thinking about getting this though. I have never played a Madden game. An OO league might convince me. Can you cross-console play (can PC play with console)? I have an XBox that might make more sense to get it for.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:45 pm
El Guapo wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:40 pm Football games passed the level of complexity that I'm looking for when they went beyond Tecmo Super Bowl. I just want to huck it to receivers without analyzing whether they are in a nickel or dime formation (or whatever the hell those are).
You are dead to me.

I still think ESPN 2k5 was a highwater mark. I was thinking about getting this though. I have never played a Madden game. An OO league might convince me. Can you cross-console play (can PC play with console)? I have an XBox that might make more sense to get it for.
Mainly I remember playing some version of Madden like 10 years ago, and I was doing a practice passing mode (repeated passes from about your 25 yard line), and I consistently got more TAINTs than completions. And I went online to be like "how can I be less terrible at this?" And the answers were like "all you have to do is pre-snap read the formation, and see if they are in a nickel for example, and then hot motion your second receiver to shade away from the secondary cornerback..." and I was like "I don't want to do any of those things."

Basically these games need like a Raheem Morris difficulty setting.
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I highly doubt you can cross console play a league, but I have been wrong before. I could see MAYBE PC to Xbox, but again it's probably unlikely. I plan on getting the PC version just in case there are mods. PLUS it will look f'n awesome and run better.

stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:52 pm And the answers were like "all you have to do is pre-snap read the formation, and see if they are in a nickel for example, and then hot motion your second receiver to shade away from the secondary cornerback..."
That's kind of the best part for me. I stink, but it's fun to do the strategy part.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

stessier wrote:
You are dead to me.

Front Page Sports Football Pro ‘95 is the best football game of all time, and I’ll fight anyone that disagrees.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

stessier wrote:I still think ESPN 2k5 was a highwater mark.
How on earth can you call ESPN 2k5 a high water mark if you’ve never played the primary NFL franchise game?!

That’s like me saying that Arena is the best Elder Scrolls game, but I’ve never played any of the other games in the series. Or other sandbox RPGs at all. :)

That said, I’ve played almost every Madden version, and ESPN 2K5 is still one of my favorites. :)
Make up bags of change
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Fretmute wrote:Front Page Sports Football Pro ‘95 is the best football game of all time, and I’ll fight anyone that disagrees.
No idea what version I played, but I think it was the last one they were allowed to make. Very good game.

The initial Madden that let me make my own plays and playbooks was great. It was the source of most of the conflict that exists between me and Trent Steel.
Make up bags of change
stessier

Post by stessier »

RunningMn9 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:41 pm
How on earth can you call ESPN 2k5 a high water mark if you’ve never played the primary NFL franchise game?!

That’s like me saying that Arena is the best Elder Scrolls game, but I’ve never played any of the other games in the series. Or other sandbox RPGs at all. :)
I disclosed all the facts necessary to judge my statement and it's just an opinion. I didn't say anyone else needed to agree with it. :)
That said, I’ve played almost every Madden version, and ESPN 2K5 is still one of my favorites. :)
It really was a lot of fun. I still read Bill Harris, so I felt pretty good about my opinion. The fact that he doesn't hate 2019 is why I'm even considering it.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

RunningMn9 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:45 pm
Fretmute wrote:Front Page Sports Football Pro ‘95 is the best football game of all time, and I’ll fight anyone that disagrees.
No idea what version I played, but I think it was the last one they were allowed to make. Very good game.
The last one they were allowed to make was recalled.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:49 pm

I disclosed all the facts necessary to judge my statement and it's just an opinion. I didn't say anyone else needed to agree with it. :)
It really was a lot of fun. I still read Bill Harris, so I felt pretty good about my opinion. The fact that he doesn't hate 2019 is why I'm even considering it.
Good lord, man - is this your first day on the Internet? Everything about your opinion is incontrovertibly correct and anyone who disagrees with it is a knuckle-dragging moron. Now try that again.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:03 pm

Good lord, man - is this your first day on the Internet? Everything about your opinion is incontrovertibly correct and anyone who disagrees with it is a knuckle-dragging moron. Now try that again.
Is it enough to point out he's a Bills fan?
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:32 pm
El Guapo wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:03 pm

Is it enough to point out he's a Bills fan?
An irrelevant low blow is absolutely a staple of arguing on the internet.
Black Lives Matter.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

I heard that maybe it still has the Chargers in San Diego - is this true?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hitbyambulance wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:42 pm Image
Pigskin 621 A.D. is the high water mark.

It's almost as if people are the problem.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Why does everyone always have to be so hurtful?
Make up bags of change
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Pyperkub wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:27 pm I heard that maybe it still has the Chargers in San Diego - is this true?
Here it is
The Chargers’ move to Los Angeles is still going to take some getting used to, and that evidently applies to the latest edition of Madden 19.

A user noticed that the gameplay announcers welcomed fans to the “Mission Valley area of beautiful San Diego, California” during a simulated game between the 49ers and Chargers at StubHub Center.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I've been reading a lot about controllers not being recognized on the PC version of Madden.
Last edited by Lassr on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Lassr wrote:I've been reading a lot about controllers not be recognized on the PC version of Madden.
Any controllers or specific controllers? I use an XBone controller with my laptop. I would legit fight someone if I couldn’t use it for this game.
Make up bags of change
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RunningMn9 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:22 pm
Lassr wrote:I've been reading a lot about controllers not be recognized on the PC version of Madden.
Any controllers or specific controllers? I use an XBone controller with my laptop. I would legit fight someone if I couldn’t use it for this game.
What I was reading is the Xbox 360 controller for PC which is what I have.

Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

Lassr wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:33 pm
RunningMn9 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:22 pm
What I was reading is the Xbox 360 controller for PC which is what I have.
I have the 360 controller and it works fine.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Same. Zero issues.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

No issues with the XBone controller. Unfortunately the audio doesn't work at all. Seems like a known problem on their forums. Awesome.
Make up bags of change
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Octavious wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:41 pm I’ll grab this when I’m back from vacation. Would be cool to do a league but I doubt we would get enough people.
All I remember from our last league is everyone complaining about my 'no huddle offense,' and that a good o-line basically guaranteed a 150+ yard day from your RB.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Pyperkub wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:08 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:27 pm I heard that maybe it still has the Chargers in San Diego - is this true?
Here it is
The Chargers’ move to Los Angeles is still going to take some getting used to, and that evidently applies to the latest edition of Madden 19.

A user noticed that the gameplay announcers welcomed fans to the “Mission Valley area of beautiful San Diego, California” during a simulated game between the 49ers and Chargers at StubHub Center.
So playing the chargeers as my niners, I heard them say Carson, and LA. The next time I played them they said mission valley in San Diego. So I think they have different lines, and probably some of them are carry overs from last year.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

ok, good to know. I hate reading reviews from regular people sometimes, it's hard to tell if it's true or just someone who hates the company.

3 reviews now on Amazon with a 1.5 average, one with controller issues, on saying it has poor frame rates and another saying they could not figure out how to enter the download code...

Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Lassr wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:23 pm ok, good to know. I hate reading reviews from regular people sometimes, it's hard to tell if it's true or just someone who hates the company.

3 reviews now on Amazon with a 1.5 average, one with controller issues, on saying it has poor frame rates and another saying they could not figure out how to enter the download code...
The game plays and looks great. I just can't hear anything. :)
Make up bags of change
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Where did you guys buy the game? I rely on Steam or GOG so much these days.

Black Lives Matter
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Lassr wrote:Where did you guys buy the game? I rely on Steam or GOG so much these days.
I just bought it directly from the Origin client.
Make up bags of change
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I'm somewhere in the middle. I'm not an armchair analyst (hell, I haven't watched in years) but I know enough to do the basics.

If there was a football manager (for, you know, football) I'd probably give it a shot. At this stage I'm less interested in running an option against the weak side only to throw back across field on my off foot and more interested in managing the business of football. If my players could "level up" and improve their stats over time that would be even better.

edit: Also if the league could be set in the early 90's, that would be perfect. k tks.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

The players do get experience and level up in this game, and you can play a variety of different roles: coach, player and I think owner.

Coach is the normal mode, player you can only play one player and have no control over plays. Never played owner so don’t know how close that is to what you are looking for.
Make up bags of change
morlac

Post by morlac »

morlac wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:01 am Same. Zero issues.
Ok, I stand corrected. It does not "recognize" the 360 controllers correctly When picking which team you will play before the game it shows the keyboard symbol in lieu of the controller one. It does/did "work" fine and under game options it shows what all the buttons do, etc. However, after playing about 6 hours yesterday (I walked away quite few times but kept it running) it finally just stopped working and I had to Alt tab to kill it. I'll try it again today or just the Xbone one to see if it has issues.
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I had some gift cards, so I picked this up on the PS4 (as I didn't want to deal with Origin on PC and I had 18 on the playstation also). I'm enjoying it so far. I like the upgrading of players, though I don't use the chemistry component as much as I should. I'm playing just MUT team, as I like to collect players and build the teams and all. The challenge/missions are what's most fun for me in these sports games.