Phantom Doctrine - Cold War XCom 2

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Paingod

Re: Phantom Doctrine - Cold War XCom 2

Post by Paingod »

It sounds a lot more like Commandos or Invisible Inc redone XCOM style, with a lot of new elements. Either way, it still sounds good. Thank you for your time and effort in this JZ. :clap:
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

I bought it on Steam late last night, only had time to play the tutorial before I crashed. Definitely a lot of fiddly bits to learn and could use a manual or reference of some kind but scratches the XCOM itch. 8-)
-mf
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Regarding the lack of a manual, that's a good point, but I think those days are long past :(

I had one of those instances where I didn't realize I didn't have to do something the dumb way. Basically you can use the Takedown action against any target that has a lower Awareness than your character. I was trying to eliminate an enemy agent but he had a higher Awareness than either of my agents on site. So I shot him, which triggered the alarm and almost got my guys killed. Had I paid more attention to my characters' abilities, I would have noticed that one guy had the ability to temporarily raise his Awareness by forty points, which would have allowed him to do a silent Takedown :doh:.

UPDATE: Turns out I was wrong, it is hit points (HP), not Awareness that is the key factor. So it would seem that I was correct in the circumstances in thinking I had to use my guns to get the agent.

I did learn that the evac van being three turns out can be a long, long three turns :shock:
Last edited by jztemple2 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:02 pm Manual
That looks like a canadian manual. Can you find a translation?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:08 pm
That looks like a canadian manual. Can you find a translation?
Yes.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

oops :oops:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:D
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Oops, I missed that :oops:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

They just recently put it up, so you missed nothing. Thanks for your posts on this.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Currently $29 on GMG.
Decisions, decisions........
He/Him/His/Porcupine
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

stimpy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:45 pm Currently $29 on GMG.
Yeah, normally I'd have gotten it through GMG because of the discounts they usually offer, but this time GMG didn't have the game at release. Good price however.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I read through the manual (thanks again Isgrimnur!) and it really is pretty good at laying out what you need to know. If you are on the fence about getting the game, check out the manual. It won't spoil anything and it does give a good overview of the game concepts.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

The devs have posted some info, titled Phantom Doctrine | Day 2 Update | Game Manual
Greetings, Agents!
As promised, we're reporting back to share an update concerning our top priority fixes we're currently working on, and a basic roadmap.

Day 2 Update

There’s a localisation issue with a very small portion of the game’s text (less than 1%), unfortunately concentrated at the beginning of the game. The main languages affected are Russian and Chinese, with Spanish and French to a lesser degree. This is currently being remedied, and depending on the language, we expect a final fix no later than tomorrow.
Many players flag an issue with enemies shooting “through obstacles”. In most cases this is a problem of us not fully visualising how the sidestep system affects an actual line of sight which exists. It’s on us and we’re working on addressing both the visualisation and the way the system is engaged.

Mod Support
After these two crucial issues above are solved, along with other less frequently appearing problems flagged by you, we will start our work on mod support, which will be the first big addition to Phantom Doctrine.

Game Manual
We've also created an Official Phantom Doctrine Manual[steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net] to help you get familiar with some of the game's features.

Further support
Please help us out and post all your findings in relevant topics set up for this purpose:

Bug Reports
Technical Support

Thank you for all the interest, support and feedback. Just like we always promised, we’ll continue to update, improve and expand the game. If you’d like to talk to us directly, you're welcome to reach us on our Discord Server[discord.gg].

CreativeForge Dev Team.
Frankly I hadn't any issues with the supposed "shooting through obstacles" problem. It's just like XCOM, the line of sight isn't an absolute based on the friendly and enemy models, you have to assume that they are going to lean and side step and poke their heads (and guns) around obstacles. No biggie.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I came across another couple of interesting missions. The first was one type I've seen several times, kill or capture an enemy agent. The target was in a big industrial building. And right now I only have one suppressed weapon and since the enemy agents have too high a hit point level for a takedown, I'm forced to have a gunfight which alerts all the nearby guards and triggers reinforcement. Things got really cocked up and I lost both agents because I hadn't really figured out how combat worked.

I was given the option to restart the mission which I did and was pleased to find that the placement of loot and documents was somewhat randomized and the location of my target and the guard patrols had changed as well. This time the target was in a smaller building off to the side so I was able to get him without guards around. Unfortunately the only access to the room was up a ladder so I had to send my two guys up one at a time. I did kill the target without taking a hit, but enemy agents always recognize my agents on sight so an alarm was sounded right away and I lost my stealthy status and had to run away under fire. My two guys got chewed up, but I had planned the evac better and they reached the van alive.

The other interesting mission was one where for once I didn't have go kill some super-tough agent, I only had to disarm three bombs :D. I could send in one agent in disguise, which I did while the other three loitered outside the building. In missions where you have an agent in disguise, your agent actually starts inside the complex which is pretty nice, it avoids several turns of walking. The only risks to the disguised agent was if she did something suspicious in view of anyone, plus there were a couple of enemy agents walking around that would blow my agent's disguise on sight, so I had to avoid them. So she was careful and disarmed the bombs, grabbed some intel and loot and eventually walked out of the building to make fun of her three big tough fellow agents who spent the entire mission standing around :D
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Phantom Doctrine Patch 1.0.1
Phantom Doctrine v1.0.1 Patch Notes:

Fixed: placeholder lines in the Russian localization
Fixed: disposing of bodies of enemy agents (including story characters) no longer causes a crash
Fixed: minor corrections in other languages

Thank you for all your feedback and support! We're working on more improvements and fixes. We expect to have all other languages in order tomorrow. We're also working to explain the "shooting through walls" perception and offer alternative designs for it.

Please keep in touch on our Discord: discord.gg/cfg
It's only 190 MB but it's taking a few minutes to update for me.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

About eleven hours in. Still working things on the strategic map, chasing intel and spoiling enemy operations to keep the Danger level from growing too high too quickly. If it reaches a certain level the enemy will raid my base, so if the Danger level approaches this threshold I have to switch hideouts. I'm also training agents, doing work on the Investigation board, building items and printing money.

I just had a big mission, the biggest so far. It wasn't very elegant in objective, basically I had to kill all agents in a three story building. I was given the option to take up to six agents on the mission (again, XCOM...) and since I figured that the mission wouldn't remain stealthy for long I put a couple of folks in armor (all I had) and loaded up with weapons and no disguises. If an agent wears a disguise they are very limited in the equipment they can carry.

When I arrived on site I was told there were nine bad guys to get. One was walking outside so I decided to start shooting right away. That triggered a reinforcement arrival which added two more bad guys to take out. I moved inside and kept my group together, using all those tactics I've learned in so many games. I never had an enemy come up from behind our group, but they did try to ambush me at the top of a couple of staircases. However between flashbangs and grenades I managed to clear the building of all the bad guys, eleven in total.

By this time the enemy was calling in airstrikes, which in this case was an attack helicopter with a chain gun that would shoot up anyone outside. I stayed inside and searched for documents and loot. The enemy had also sent in another wave of reinforcements, four this time, but I took them down from inside. This took awhile and I got a couple more wounded.

After a while of searching the building I was notified that yet another wave of reinforcements was arriving, so I decided to call for evac. I didn't time it too well, my agents were still trying to leave the building when the reinforcements showed up. I had to fight for a couple of turns while trying to reach the evac zone. And just like in XCOM, I managed to evac just before I started to really take casualties.

And so far, no bugs or crashes.
Buatha

Post by Buatha »

Wow, that sounds like a fun and exciting mission. I've heard some reports that damage was set, like, you won't miss a shot, but then I'd swear I saw some people "grazed" which I would assume be less damage? Are there rag doll physics? I had some pretty hilarious results with Silent Storm blasting Nazis out of windows.

Finally, did the manual help?
"Some people say never...I just say no"
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Buatha wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:39 pm Wow, that sounds like a fun and exciting mission. I've heard some reports that damage was set, like, you won't miss a shot, but then I'd swear I saw some people "grazed" which I would assume be less damage? Are there rag doll physics? I had some pretty hilarious results with Silent Storm blasting Nazis out of windows.

Finally, did the manual help?
The manual did help to understand.

Yeah, I was a bit confused about the damage as well. Turns out that a target in partial or full cover might only be grazed which results in just a little damage. The damage system still surprises me at times, but mostly seems logical.

There are no ragdoll physics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:horse:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

A new patch, 1.0.2 has been released:
Hello Agents! Patch 1.0.2 is deployed, here are the Patch Notes:

Fixed: replaced placeholder lines in the Chinese localization
Fixed: civilians run away properly, no longer blocking doorways
Fixed: the Distract skill should work properly in all cases
Fixed: occasional issues with autosave files in Ironman mode
Improvement: characters in full cover lean out/turn towards an attacking shooter

The improvement above should address the first, small portion of LoS visualization issues. The process is ongoing for more radical changes in the Line of Sight/Line of Fire mechanics and we expect to deploy it soon.

We expect the remaining minor problems with other localizations to be fixed tomorrow, along with further improvements. As always, feel free to talk to us directly on our official Discord server[discord.gg].
I don't know quite how they have the game installed, but both yesterday and now today when there is a minor patch, Steam spends several minutes pre-allocating and then several minutes downloading and updating. The whole process yesterday took about fifteen minutes for a couple of hundred megabyte patch. I can't recall any other games that had such a prolonged process before the patch even started to download. It's rather annoying.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

jztemple2 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:50 pm I don't know quite how they have the game installed, but both yesterday and now today when there is a minor patch, Steam spends several minutes pre-allocating and then several minutes downloading and updating. The whole process yesterday took about fifteen minutes for a couple of hundred megabyte patch. I can't recall any other games that had such a prolonged process before the patch even started to download. It's rather annoying.
I don't have all the exact details, but some games deploy on Steam with some sort of compression system to reduce the footprint of the download. The downside is that it generally takes a lot longer to install patches for games that use that system if you've got a fast connection.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Sepiche wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:54 pm
jztemple2 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:50 pm I don't know quite how they have the game installed, but both yesterday and now today when there is a minor patch, Steam spends several minutes pre-allocating and then several minutes downloading and updating. The whole process yesterday took about fifteen minutes for a couple of hundred megabyte patch. I can't recall any other games that had such a prolonged process before the patch even started to download. It's rather annoying.
I don't have all the exact details, but some games deploy on Steam with some sort of compression system to reduce the footprint of the download. The downside is that it generally takes a lot longer to install patches for games that use that system if you've got a fast connection.
I'd rather wait longer for the initial download of the game than know that every little patch they put out is going to take... ah, it's past 30 minutes right now. Not to mention the beating that my SSD is taking (thank goodness an SSD rather than a disk drive).
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

That's interesting. I bought this yesterday after reading your writeups, and the one patch I've seen installed in a couple of minutes. By the time I got up and got a soda and got back to my PC, it was done.

Of course, I installed this last night so maybe I had all of the patches and it was something else that downloaded.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Here's what someone posted to my situation on the Steam discussion forum:
Note that steam patches are delta patches. So they only download the changes for specific files

Unreal tend to create giant single file repository for all the games assets. Therefore while the patch is very small, it has ot in effect re-create 21GB worth of files from the 2 PAK files that Unreal packages the data into. You can see them here

<steam>\SteamApps\common\PhantomDoctrine\IWTB\Content\Paks

Thus the patching process highly depends on

1) your CPU being able to process the patching
2) your disk for reading/writing 21GB worth of data

The alternative is every patch is 21GB to re-download the entire pak files which is how steam used to do it

There's not really any way to make it 'faster' given how the data is structured, as it depends highly on your CPU and disk speed.
My CPU isn't slow (i7-4770K) and I'm running an SSD, so I guess it's just the way the data is stored. Still a nuisance.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

An article has been posted by the devs to explain the apparent "shooting through obstacles" mechanic.

The Phantom "Wallhack"

As explained in the article, they felt that this was a fine mechanic, but because so many folks are upset by it they are getting an update ready to offer an alternative. The problem of course is that the fix may upset other folks :roll:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I am about 6 hours in I think. I've tried two missions w/ opposing agents, and honestly the combat is "meh". I feel overwhelmed and dont feel as if I have a good tactical counters, even with some serious sneaky-sneaky infiltration. The combat is a lot to get use to; its basically based around dodging an attack.

The fact you can fire across is the map is not really interesting, because you have to conserve AMMO and action points (fire point i think). You usually are outmanned on maps, and you cant indefinitely cruise around taking out guys to clear the map out to create good spots for you.

I think if you are on the fence wait to see other people's experience with it. There are a few weird mechanics ie there is no "cover" or defense just a dodge attribute. Ambivalent right now.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

jztemple2 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:10 pm An article has been posted by the devs to explain the apparent "shooting through obstacles" mechanic.

The Phantom "Wallhack"

As explained in the article, they felt that this was a fine mechanic, but because so many folks are upset by it they are getting an update ready to offer an alternative. The problem of course is that the fix may upset other folks :roll:
A backwards fix that leaves the mechanics in place might be to shift the animations when a shot is declared. The characters meet in the middle. One side-steps to peek, the other side-steps to peek and aim, and the shot uses the head to head line to draw a line for the bullet. I have no idea how complex that would be to implement, but it would solve the visual issues with their system.
Black Lives Matter

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

<sigh> purchased.

Maybe I'll play it before a better sale happens...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Lassr wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:49 am
<sigh> purchased.

Maybe I'll play it before a better sale happens...
Yeah....I caved. But at least I started it!!!
Still on the first mission and getting used to controls and such, but so far I like what I see.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

How do you aquire equipment?
I finished the first mission and the recap says I acquired 0/5.
I grabbed the 4 documents. Do I have to dispose of bodies that I takedown or something? I would think that would land me weapons, not equipment.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

stimpy wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:08 pm How do you aquire equipment?
I finished the first mission and the recap says I acquired 0/5.
I grabbed the 4 documents. Do I have to dispose of bodies that I takedown or something? I would think that would land me weapons, not equipment.
When you say equipment I assume you are talking about loot. You don't get loot from dead bodies, you get them from lockers, safes, briefcases and the like. They will glow slightly on the map, but they aren't the easiest to see. If you are talking about the first mission being the Iraqi facility, you have to look all over the map; I found one locker next to a tank.

You don't have to dispose of bodies, but if a guard or civilian finds a body that will set off the alarm, so if you have the time it's a good thing to do.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Well, that sucks. I got a pop up saying that one of my agents wanted to leave to go back to a previous job. I could either let her go, pay a grand for a substitute or just say no. I did the latter and a little while later found out that she had left anyway. And what's worse, she took my one and only sniper rifle :doh:. And she was only one of three agents that had the perk that their disguise can't be penetrated by anyone :cry:

This was just after I had completed my toughest mission yet. I had to... [secret], and the mission was one where I couldn't go in quietly, I was in Combat mode right at the start. This by the way was my second try at the mission. Anyway, not only did I not have stealth, but the enemy started getting reinforcements every fourth turn. I accomplished my mission but one agent was killed and another was MIA, being left behind. Oddly, she showed up with no explanation several days later (this isn't a bug, there was a pop up actually saying she showed up with no explanation :roll:). She also had only one hit point remaining so she's staying in the infirmity for quite a while.

And just to make things even more hectic, my Danger level reached the point where I could be the subject of an enemy raid at any time. I needed eight grand to move to another hideout but only had about half that. I had to sell off guns and other equipment. Good rule of thumb for other players, if you Danger level is greater than say about half way, start raising your money level. You can also manufacture health kits, grenades and lockpicks so you can sell those too. I don't know if you make money doing so, I'll have to look that up, but anyway at least you'll have equipment you can use instead of just leaving it in the bank.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Preliminary Patch Notes for Upcoming Two Updates [LOS/LOF]
Due to the balance implications, we're conducting additional tests of the Line of Sight system improvements. They also require modifications to the animation tree. Because of that, we'll publish the improvements in two stages. First the disabling of sidesteps for targets not in full cover (free sidesteps), then additional clarifications of LOS / LOF situations.

The first of the patches is expected during the weekend and should address a majority of the most confusing LOS situations. The second patch will require more work to bring it to the quality and stability we require so we expect it on Wednesday. Below is a preliminary set of patch notes for the two updates. We will incorporate as many as we can into the weekend patch, the rest and further improvemens will be released with the Wednesday update.

sidesteps for targets not in full cover removed [weekend patch: this will address a majority of reported LOF issues]
improvements in the clarity of sidesteps in full cover
weapon ranges reduced
increased visibility of CCTV consoles and loot / intel containers
the Blinding Laser ability now also reduces target awareness by 100
reinforcements no longer spawn too close to the player
corrections for the Italian, Spanish and French localizations
fixed: rare UI lock when transitioning from the investigation board to the world map
fixed: a block in specific circumstances while shooting in a cloud of gas
fixed: a sporadic progression error in specific instances during events related to Undertow
fixed: late completion of an optional objective in the KGB campaign now also yields a reward
map geometry improvements and fixes
various balancing tweaks and game improvemens]
improvements to dust storm effects

As always, your feedback and reports are greatly appreciated by the entire team. We're monitoring the forums and the official Discord server[discord.gg] and offering support as quickly as we can. Thank you for all the kind words, good ideas and keen observations. Your input is very informative in prioritizing our work on improving the game.
That "increased visibility of CCTV consoles and loot / intel containers" will be a great help, those loot and intel containers are often hard to see unless you really zoom in and scan each room while rotating the camera.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Yep....I was totally missing the loot containers.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I played two missions late last night that highlighted a weakness of the game as mentioned either here in the thread or maybe a review I read. In the first one I had to liberate a prisoner and in the second I had to eliminate or capture an enemy agent. I have now two agents that have sizable hit point values, both carry suppressed pistols and one has the perk that means her disguise cannot been seen through even by enemy agents.

In the first mission I was allowed six agents to go, so I took the two mentioned above, wearing disguises, plus four non-disguised others. When they arrived I left the four outside and moved my two agents through the facility, grabbing intel and loot. Then they walked over to the little building where the prisoner was held, freed him and all escaped. No shots fired and I even avoided taking down anyone. The second mission was similar, except I only had the disguised two agents involved, they grabbed up intel and loot and then captured the enemy agent and carried him out.

I'm not sure what to think about this. For non-Combat missions, having these two agents makes it pretty easy to grab the loot and intel and then accomplish the mission unless it's some super-agent they are facing that can't be taken down. I think I'll take a break and wait for the two new patches, today and Wednesday, and then continue the game. I'm enjoying it and even these somewhat easy missions still are challenging in that I have to find my way around the enemy compound.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So i'm actually enjoying the game. Once you get use to the dmg/dodge/awareness mechanic its actually kind of fun. You really have to plan your moves.

-there really is a fine balance of using your awareness for offensive and defensive purposes and its pretty neat actualy. If you take that kill shot using most of your awareness, then you are vulnerable to being hit hard. Interesting dynamic.

-You also are really rewarded for sending in a couple of scouts and looting everything before creating the firefight. You very much are rewarded for taking the time to move around the area and figure out where the guards are.

-One of big hold ups for me right now is money. I never seem to have enough of it. I've even got 2 forgers working, and have been periodically selling off guns that I loot. That's pretty much been keeping me afloat. I dont have money for training of my guys, they have next level perks they can train for, but at 500-750 a pop; i can't afford it.

-I've had to move the hideout about 3-4 times right; probably I'm causing too much danger with my guys. And the move has been a huge drain on my finances.

-I've been more focused on going after increasing forging, increasing base size, lowering heat, better forged documents, better informers perks (couple of them there).

-the body engineering thing is pretty damn awesome. It really can give a boost to a character. but some characters are just so puny, you know they'll never be anything.

- I also like how responsive the developers are. They've dropped 2 patches already and are talking about another.

-the deciphering the notes while cool on the first 10-20 times around is tedious now; and usually the reward is an agent who I really have not use for because I am at full base capactity for now. Wish there was an autofill mechanic on it.

TIP
-at the end of missions, heal up your characters, that way they come out of the mission with little dmg taken if any and that reduces their time in the infirmary.

-you can silent kill 1 guard; anymore and an alarm is raised. I dont know what the threshold is. But what i have done, is I will take out 1 guard early on. Then will line up the silent killing of 2-3 other guards. You can bet that the very next turn the alarm will sound. But the point is you're ready for it and they ahve a few forces left.

One thing I'd like to see done is on the crew quarters page, add in the HP level of the characters you are looking at. Its hard to decide who is free, if you cant see their full stats (IE cover secure or blown? health? skills?)
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Another 196MB patch and another... 10 or 12 minutes absolutely lighting up my games drive.

Patch notes:
Spoiler:
Greetings, Agents!
As we're continuing our efforts to introduce all the necessary changes and fixes, we are now ready to deploy Patch 1.0.3.

The most important change is that enemies no longer take player's free sidesteps into account (player characters no longer have an 'extended hitbox' in LOF calculations). That should eliminate a huge majority of the instances where enemies would appear to be shooting through obstacles.

We're working on more tweaks to the entire system and we're aiming for Wednesday with an expanded patch that includes further improvements, animation changes and more enhancements to the LOS/LOF.

Full patch notes:
enemies no longer take player controlled agents' free side-steps (should eliminate a vast majority of enemies appearing to shoot through walls)
improved direction of leaning out from full cover
increased visibility of CCTV terminals and loot/secret file containers
by popular demand: lower dust storm density in CIA mission 01
fixes for the Italian, Spanish & French localization
fixed: specific cases where UI would lock up while transitioning from the IB to the map
fixed: a block caused by specific instances where air support couldn't target anyone upon arrival
fixed: campaign progression issues related to Undertow
fixed: New Identity screen now has the Confirm button visible in all screen resolutions
fixed: a Vigilant agent restoring CCTV operation will no longer cause infinite turns
fixed: moving from the IB to the world map using a hotkey after solving files is now safe

As always, feel free to get in touch on our Official Discord Server. Thank you for your support and, as always, we'll be awaiting your feedback.

CreativeForge Dev Team
-mf
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

jztemple2 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:43 pm Well, that sucks. I got a pop up saying that one of my agents wanted to leave to go back to a previous job. I could either let her go, pay a grand for a substitute or just say no. I did the latter and a little while later found out that she had left anyway. And what's worse, she took my one and only sniper rifle :doh:. And she was only one of three agents that had the perk that their disguise can't be penetrated by anyone :cry:
Oddly, that makes me want the game more, not less.
Black Lives Matter

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

New update, Phantom Doctrine Patch 1.0.4 + Dev Stream
Greetings, Agents!
A lot has happened since the launch of Phantom Doctrine last week, but one important thing can, and definitely should be said - we wouldn't have made it without your endless support, trust and positivity! For that, the entire CreativeForge Team wants to wholeheartedly thank you! You're incredible! :)

Patch 1.0.4 deployed!
We believe that with Patch 1.0.4, the significant majority of LoS/LoF, animation and combat system issues should now be solved. If necessary, we will keep further tweaking it to provide you with the best possible experience.

Major improvements:

weapon ranges and viewing distances rebalanced
new visualizations for characters leaning out of full cover (increasing visibility for the full cover sidesteps)
improved AI behaviors
revealing an enemy attacker in Fog of War for the duration of the attack
characters no longer perform unnecessary sidesteps

Bug fixes:

fixed a continuity issue with the Omikron Detention mission under specific circumstances
fixed a continuity issue with the Locate Lamster mission under specific circumstances
fixed an issue with icons disappearing from the world map in specific conditions
solved an issue where occasionally the campaign could be continued after failing a story mission
fixed an occasional issue caused by an operative shooting from within a gas cloud
numerous fixes to minor issues with collisions/visibility caused by objects on maps

Developer Livestream
Since from the very beginning our goal has been to stay as transparent with you as possible, we decided to organise a Dev Stream explaining and showcasing all the changes that we've made to the combat system in patches 1.0.3 and 1.0.4

Please, feel invited to tune in for a chat either on our Steam Page or Good Shepherd Entertainment Twitch Channel[www.twitch.tv]. The stream will take place today at 19:00 CEST.

Again, we truly appreciate your feedback, and we promise to keep supporting Phantom Doctrine, as we have so far.

CreativeForge Dev Team