Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk »

Ive learned not to look up anything I have done or am supposed to. I looked up my kidney surgery and then ended up postponing it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
MHS

Post by MHS »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:53 pm Ive learned not to look up anything I have done or am supposed to. I looked up my kidney surgery and then ended up postponing it.
Yeah, I usually don't but I couldn't remember if I'm allowed to eat before it or if I'm supposed to be fasting (it's at 2 pm so I couldn't imagine not eating at all tomorrow) so I went to look that up and fell down a rabbit hole.

It'll be fine. I got through the surgery, I can get through this part of it.
Black Lives Matter. No human is illegal. Women's rights are human rights. Love is love. Science is real. Kindness is everything.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Tennessee 2nd worst drivers in country

Surprising no one that lives here.

Except maybe this guy.....
"I'm a little surprised," said Sarkar. "I just came over from a summer in Boston so I'm really enjoying it here. Everyone is really polite."
Teehee Boston.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its going to be really cool tonight. Predicted temp is 62. Thats like below freezing or something. Ive turned all the fans off.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:52 pmTeehee Boston.
There's nothin' "Teehee" about driving through Boston, but I suppose it makes everything else seem tame if you're acclimated to it. They could train soldiers to drive in combat zones with confidence by initiating them in Boston.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

18-1™ & 2-0
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Did you ever notice how the Hulk shown here had a modified Beatles haircut?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Remember that great feel-good story last winter where the homeless guy gave a lady his last $20 so she could buy gas, and she responded by setting up a GoFundMe that raised over $400,000 for him? Surprising exactly no one, this has not ended well.
Johnny Bobbitt, famously rescued from the streets of Philadelphia last October after word of his kindness to a stranger went viral and led to a $400,000 GoFundMe campaign, is once again homeless, drug-addicted — and panhandling for money.

The couple who started the fund-raiser say that in helping Bobbitt, they've spent or given him more than half of the money donated by thousands of people around the world and they are withholding the roughly $200,000 balance. Bobbitt says he fears that the couple, Kate McClure and her boyfriend, Mark D'Amico, squandered much of the money. He worries there may be little, or nothing, left.
Not long after, tensions were simmering. The promise of a home gave way to a camper that Bobbitt lived in until June on land McClure's family owns in rural Florence Township, Burlington County, near the small house the couple share. He never got his "dream" pickup, a 1999 Ford Ranger, and the used SUV he was given instead broke down. The couple said they put the two vehicles in McClure's name so Bobbitt couldn't sell them, but both vehicles have since been sold.

Through it all, Bobbitt admits, the pull of drugs was strong, dooming two stints in rehab and sending him back to the streets, where he now spends his days scrambling for money and drugs.

Bobbitt wonders how McClure, a receptionist for the New Jersey Department of Transportation, paid for the new BMW she drives and for vacations to California, Florida, and Las Vegas, as well as a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon. He also questions how much D'Amico, a carpenter, spent gambling.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I was looking at the test results from my blood the VA took here a while back to access my health.
It's a standard test and no big deal. I noticed that half the tests they took were more interested in my illegal drug usage that things like blood sugar and cholesterol.
Fucking politics.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

School "misplaced" my youngest daughter at the end of the first day of school.

That went over well.

I keep checking my email to see if we have been dismissed.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:02 pm Remember that great feel-good story last winter where the homeless guy gave a lady his last $20 so she could buy gas, and she responded by setting up a GoFundMe that raised over $400,000 for him? Surprising exactly no one, this has not ended well.
Surprising no one, I'm sure. The last thing a homeless person needs is a pile of money thrown at them and a couple of strangers trying to manage it for them. Better to have put that money into local shelters and food kitchens.

Last Thursday my right eye started swelling a little. Each day, the swelling got worse until Monday when I asked one of our doctors to take a look. Cellulitis, he says. Not sure how an infection got into my eye lid, but it did. There's no point of entry, no clogged glands or scratches. I'm on Amoxicillin and am waiting to feel better. This morning my eye is more swollen. I keep feeling warm with a mild body ache - but when I check my temp, I'm at a steady 96.8 (my norm)... so no fever, despite feeling like a fever.

I'm considering going home sick to just rest and binge on Agents of SHIELD... but I'm not so sick that I think I have to. I might split the day between those concepts and just leave early. Mostly I'm tired of people cringing when they see my eye. I feel a little like a troll hiding under a bridge.
Black Lives Matter

stessier

Post by stessier »

The Ringer made today Pizza Day. I foolishly read several articles about pizza. I now crave it at an elemental level and it is still several hours until dinner. This was a major mistake I'm not sure I'll be able to recover from.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

Can our resident goat expert confirm the validity of this study:

Goats 'drawn to happy human faces'
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Where is dbt going to find a happy face?
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Paingod wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:10 am
Skinypupy wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:02 pm Remember that great feel-good story last winter where the homeless guy gave a lady his last $20 so she could buy gas, and she responded by setting up a GoFundMe that raised over $400,000 for him? Surprising exactly no one, this has not ended well.
Surprising no one, I'm sure. The last thing a homeless person needs is a pile of money thrown at them and a couple of strangers trying to manage it for them. Better to have put that money into local shelters and food kitchens.

Last Thursday my right eye started swelling a little. Each day, the swelling got worse until Monday when I asked one of our doctors to take a look. Cellulitis, he says. Not sure how an infection got into my eye lid, but it did. There's no point of entry, no clogged glands or scratches. I'm on Amoxicillin and am waiting to feel better. This morning my eye is more swollen. I keep feeling warm with a mild body ache - but when I check my temp, I'm at a steady 96.8 (my norm)... so no fever, despite feeling like a fever.

I'm considering going home sick to just rest and binge on Agents of SHIELD... but I'm not so sick that I think I have to. I might split the day between those concepts and just leave early. Mostly I'm tired of people cringing when they see my eye. I feel a little like a troll hiding under a bridge.
Um....
Pain with moving, especially side to side?

ER-->admission-->surgical drainage.

Periorbital cellulitis. Worth considering.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Freyland wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:48 am
Paingod wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:10 amLast Thursday my right eye started swelling a little. Each day, the swelling got worse until Monday when I asked one of our doctors to take a look. Cellulitis, he says. Not sure how an infection got into my eye lid, but it did. There's no point of entry, no clogged glands or scratches. I'm on Amoxicillin and am waiting to feel better. This morning my eye is more swollen. I keep feeling warm with a mild body ache - but when I check my temp, I'm at a steady 96.8 (my norm)... so no fever, despite feeling like a fever.
Um....

I work for a group of eye doctors. I'd hope they get it right.

The doc I saw flipped my lid and didn't seem too concerned. He did say cellulitis, but not periorbital cellulitis. The antibiotics seem to be fighting the infection - swelling has gone down this morning from yesterday, but the pain experienced when looking up (not side to side) has not lessened. There is no pain when looking down or side to side. There is absolutely no discharge or pus. Whatever it is, it's entirely inside my eyelid.

I'm feeling a lot better today after an afternoon laying on the futon, semi-conscious and watching TV.
Black Lives Matter

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I had an infection inside my eyelid when I was like 11 or so. Left me with a scar.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
stessier

Post by stessier »

I ate pizza for dinner last night. It was delicious.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Paingod wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:59 am
Freyland wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:48 am
Paingod wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:10 amLast Thursday my right eye started swelling a little. Each day, the swelling got worse until Monday when I asked one of our doctors to take a look. Cellulitis, he says. Not sure how an infection got into my eye lid, but it did. There's no point of entry, no clogged glands or scratches. I'm on Amoxicillin and am waiting to feel better. This morning my eye is more swollen. I keep feeling warm with a mild body ache - but when I check my temp, I'm at a steady 96.8 (my norm)... so no fever, despite feeling like a fever.
Um....

I work for a group of eye doctors. I'd hope they get it right.

The doc I saw flipped my lid and didn't seem too concerned. He did say cellulitis, but not periorbital cellulitis. The antibiotics seem to be fighting the infection - swelling has gone down this morning from yesterday, but the pain experienced when looking up (not side to side) has not lessened. There is no pain when looking down or side to side. There is absolutely no discharge or pus. Whatever it is, it's entirely inside my eyelid.

I'm feeling a lot better today after an afternoon laying on the futon, semi-conscious and watching TV.
Nope, wasn't suggesting they meant periorbital cellulitis, rather that was a diagnosis of concern based on the history thus far provided and a "yes" to the question I posed. Glad it's getting better.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Oh, and stop sticking shit in your eye! :naughty:
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Freyland wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:03 amOh, and stop sticking shit in your eye! :naughty:
I have to wonder if my eyes are at elevated risk from antique computers and user grime. Working in IT, I'm exposed to "human debris" and any bacteria/fungus it may attract as it builds up inside computers. Taking those apart can be pretty disgusting. Let alone keyboards and mice. Ugh.

I try and keep my hands clean. They sometimes turn the water grey after working on replacing some parts in a PC. I also try and keep my fingers out of my eyes - but the dust gets airborne all by itself without much help.
Black Lives Matter

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Setting up an 80" 4k Windows 10 whiteboard. I so want to play video games on this thing.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:47 am Setting up an 80" 4k Windows 10 whiteboard. I so want to play video games on this thing.
Solitaire or Minesweeper?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Space Cadet pinball.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

I have a 35" 120hz monitor. I won't go back.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I forgot to take my tablet to the shower to listen to iheartradio while I was in there. The shower radio hates me. The led came broken on it so you have to click scan until you like something. Well here that thing picks up all gospel and spanish stations and only one rock station. But I swear I click click click click click to get to the rock one and it plays for like 2 minutes before it switches me to gospel. Over and over. For half my shower I was clicking the dang scan button. Then it switched to NPR news so I left it there .After my shower I reached to turn it off and right as I did that it switched to the rock station a split second before I switched it off. $%@#$@ Thing hates me....or maybe its trying to tell me something.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I AM the shower radio.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Freyland wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:14 pm I have a 35" 120hz monitor. I won't go back.
Heh. That was/is a nice monitor. I LOVE my monitor, but somehow I'm still jealous.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Sometimes, I cringe at the stuff that went into my body.

I like to add a little bit of drink mix to my water, with extra water so it doesn't feel like junior juice drinks. A tube of Wyler's, Crystal Light, or Hawaiian punch in 32 oz of water. I also have two different water bottles, a Camelbak Chute, which is a simple twist cap, and Contigo AutoSEAL Grace, which has that "hold to open" auto-seal mechanism. I prefer the AutoSEAL as it's foolproof. (I bought the Chute when the AutoSEAL broke and I had to claim warranty) Then one day I looked under the cap of the AutoSEAL. Unlike the coffee version of the AutoSEAL, this version cannot be disassembled and washed. And what I saw horrified me. There's "black gunk" everywhere, and I'm like "what the **** is all that"... I was so horrified, I immediately went online and bought both bottle-cleaning tablets AND a bottle-brush kit.

After 2 cleaning tablets, and a week of multiple cleaning (use the small brush to reach in, then put in a bit of water and shake violently to loosen the stuff) I STILL see black "flakes" of crud in the water after the shaking... God knows how much of that mold I drank... :naughty: :oops: :doh: :snooty:
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

:o I take solace in the fact that

a). I'm not Smoove
b). At one point in time running water, soap or even toilet paper didn't exist.

Sure we died in droves but we're the result of those who survived wiping their asses with their hands, wiping them on the grass after then picking up food and eating it.

Our bodies are insanely tough and if we don't die right away it means whatever horrors we are putting in our bodies will probably take years to kill us.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

They had an article today on MSN about slang that nobody uses.
I found I used about 75% of them.
You know, I really don't need more signs that I'm growing olde. I know it already!
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

dbt1949 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:04 pm They had an article today on MSN about slang that nobody uses.
I found I used about 75% of them.
You know, I really don't need more signs that I'm growing olde. I know it already!
I saw that... there were 100 slang terms and you still use 75% of them? :shock:

Far out, give me some skin dude!
-mf
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Links?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:07 pmLinks?
Is this it?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/sma ... psugar.com
Holman

Post by Holman »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:04 pm
Is this it?

This just in: internet intern generates clickbait list-o, hubba hubba, 23-skiddoo!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:04 pm
Is this it?

Probably.

Four. I use four, most of them ironically. It was probably even less when they were current. I'm not a big slang person.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Now my troubles are light switches. The ones in this house are about 70 years old and they are starting to fail on the most used places. The kitchen died on me a couple weeks ago. I replaced it with a scavenged one from the bathroom. The heater one. I used that ceiling heater in the early 90s but it burnt out and was removed and later a new ceiling simply covered the box over. So taking that switch was fine. This time its the actual bathroom switch. It fizzled then died. I dont have another to scavenge and I wont be hitting town for a few days. St at night its flashlight time. At least single pole switches are still like .63 cent or 10 for $5. About the same as 30+ years ago :) I really wish I had a spare around here though.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I came across the full Dune miniseries in one video on YT and for some reason I watched it. I haven't seen it since watching it for the 3 days back in 2000 on Sci-fi. Well I watched most of it. I skipped forward a lot until about half way when they were in the desert. Im surprised but I enjoyed it even more. Loved all the actors and actresses. They all did an amazing job. 18 years ago though wow. Could really tell in the CGI effects but it was still great. But even back then I thought it was filmed a bit cheaper than it should have been. But I love it anyways.

EDIT:: Well crap its 6am. Ive sat here all night. I meant to try and sleep tonight. I didn't even know it was late when I posted the first part of this. I thought it was like 2am until I stood up. Oh well. I must have watched over 3 hours of that movie.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

And after the blood clot, Daehawk was never heard from again....
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

After being awake all night hunting for a light switch and watching Dune he's sleeping until 4PM.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949